╌>

Why I am banned from 20 countries

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  krishna  •  2 weeks ago  •  27 comments

By:   Nuseir Yassin

Why I am banned from 20 countries
Did you know that I am not allowed to enter 20 countries around the world?

Nuseir Yassin  ( Arabic نصير ياسين Hebrew נוסייר יאסין ; born  9 February 1992) [  is an  Israeli-Palestinian   vlogger , known as  Nas Daily , from the name used on his  Facebook TikTok  and  Instagram  pages for his over 1,000 daily, one-minute-long videos.

Yassin was born in  Arraba Israel , to an  Arab Muslim  family of  Palestinian  descent.  He is a  Palestinian Arab  with Israeli citizenship.

Yassin applied to  Harvard University  in the  United States  at the age of 19, seeking a degree in  aerospace engineering .  His application essay detailed his struggle to achieve his dreams as an ethnic Arab born in Israel.  He graduated with a degree in  economics  in 2014 and a minor in  computer science .

In September 2014, he started working as a software developer for  Venmo , a mobile payment service owned by  PayPal , in  New York .

In 2016, Yassin quit his job at Venmo and decided to explore the world  with the intention of documenting his travels and experiences on video.

This resulted in his founding the video production company Nas Daily Corporation  and  Facebook  page  Nas Daily  ( Arabic الناس romanized:  Al-Nās lit.  'People'), where he released a one-minute-long video daily for 1,000 days.

After meeting Facebook founder  Mark Zuckerberg  in early 2018,  Nas Daily  was upgraded to "show" status,  and by September 2018, his page had amassed over 8 million followers. [20]  By November of the same year this number had risen to over 10 million.

There's lots more! The above article is cont'd on Wikipedia HERE

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

NOTE: HE RECENTLY DISABLED VIEWING VIDEO FROM EXTERNAL SITES,  BUT THE VIDEO IS EASILY VIEWED BY CLICKING THE LINK TO YOUTUBE, BELOW:

---->   Video: WHY I AM BANNED FROM 20 COUNTRIES

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Krishna    2 weeks ago

After meeting Facebook founder  Mark Zuckerberg  in early 2018,    Nas Daily    was upgraded to "show" status,    and by September 2018, his page had amassed over 8 million followers.   By November of the same year this number had risen to over 10 million.

On average, each video takes around six hours to shoot and three hours to edit.   In the beginning, the topics for Yassin's video were suggestions provided by his Facebook followers.   Each video ended with the tagline: "That’s one minute, see you tomorrow!"

Yassin's collaborators included his then girlfriend Alyne Tamir, an   American Israeli   video-maker of   Mormon   and   Jewish   background,   and Agon Hare, a video blogger and musician from   Poland.

Krishna
Professor Expert
2  seeder  Krishna    2 weeks ago

After   Nas Daily

Yassin finished the 1000 daily video journey on 5 January 2019, ending the last video with the tagline: "That's one minute, see you soon." On 1 February 2019, he started making one video per week, for a planned 100 weeks until the beginning of 2021

In 2020, Yassin created  Nas Academy , a school for video creators and  Nas Studios , a video-production studio. [26]  He also released a series of podcasts

Krishna
Professor Expert
3  seeder  Krishna    2 weeks ago

I am banned from entering 20 countries. Why? Because of my Israeli passport.

But for the first time ever I want to show you . . . how I fixed this problem !!!

jrSmiley_4_smiley_image.png

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
4  Nerm_L    2 weeks ago

Well, gee, that's swell.  Nas Daily may be above politics but obviously enjoys commercial exploitation.  Everyone needs to realize that the linked video is a commercial product that generates income.  

(BTW, most if not all the countries listed in the video do not allow entry to anyone with an Israel stamp on the passport.  So, a US citizen that has traveled to Israel is banned from entry, too.  The second citizenship and passport only works as long as it's never used in Israel.)

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Nerm_L @4    2 weeks ago
obviously enjoys commercial exploitation.  Everyone needs to realize that the linked video is a commercial product that generates income.

What are you-- some sort of a Communist?

(Jus' kidding-- obviously you're not! jrSmiley_7_smiley_image.png ).

Have you ever bought anything in a supermarket? Filled your car with gas? Does your house have electricity? Ever eat in McDonalds?

because all of these may be considered "commercial exploitation"-- after all if they really cared about people, they would provide these goods and services for free!

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
4.1.1  Nerm_L  replied to  Krishna @4.1    2 weeks ago
Have you ever bought anything in a supermarket? Filled your car with gas? Does your house have electricity? Ever eat in McDonalds? because all of these may be considered "commercial exploitation"-- after all if they really cared about people, they would provide these goods and services for free!

Correct.  Just keep in mind that, in the case of Nas Daily, we are the product that's being exploited.  We do not provide the income in any sort of transaction.  We're not buying goods, services, or even knowledge.  Our eyeballs are being exploited for cash.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.1.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Nerm_L @4.1.1    2 weeks ago

I guess you mean that the fact that I watch at least one movie almost every day on TV (yesterday I watched two - UFO and The Game) I'm being exploited?  No kidding?  Up until now I thought I enjoyed it, so from now on I will be angry for watching movies because I will have been exploited.  Thanks for making my life miserable.

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.1.3  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Nerm_L @4.1.1    one week ago
Our eyeballs are being exploited for cash.

Speak for yourself-- I'm doing it the smart way! (I get it for free!!!) jrSmiley_4_smiley_image.png

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
4.1.4  Nerm_L  replied to  Krishna @4.1.3    one week ago
Speak for yourself-- I'm doing it the smart way! (I get it for free!!!)

You're being sold.  And, apparently, you are buying being sold.  It's a neoliberal two'fer.

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Nerm_L @4    2 weeks ago
Everyone needs to realize that the linked video is a commercial product that generates income.  

Although you are obviously unaware of it (don't feel bad-- most people don't know this)  everytime someone posts a video on YouTube, there is the potential for generating income-- even if its purpose is not "commercial",

Yes-- YouTube can pay people who post videos. Even if they are "not commercial"-- and not "selling" anything!

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.2.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @4.2    2 weeks ago
Everyone needs to realize that the linked video is a commercial product that generates income.  
Although you are obviously unaware of it (don't feel bad-- most people don't know this)  everytime someone posts a video on YouTube, there is the potential for generating income-- even if its purpose is not "commercial", Yes-- YouTube can pay people who post videos. Even if they are "not commercial"-- and not "selling" anything!

Of course how much money a person makes posting videos there depends upon several things-- mostly related to how many views a video gets-- among other factors.

Here's something many people don't know:

10 of the richest YouTubers ever – net worths, ranked: MrBeast is known for his giveaway videos, Logan and Jake Paul became boxers – but which 2 on the list are already making millions as kids?

• YouTubers KSI and Logan Paul have launched an energy drinks brand known as Prime Hydration, which is banned in several countries, but has led to online frenzy
  • Jeffree Star is still going strong despite controversies, and Ryan Kaji of Ryan’s World is making bank from Walmart and brand collaborations with Amazon and Nickelodeon – and he’s only 12

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.2.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @4.2.1    2 weeks ago

The Highest-Paid YouTube Stars: MrBeast, Jake Paul And Markiplier Score Massive Paydays

W ith a name like MrBeast, perhaps it was only inevitable that he’d grow to be as big as he’s become. The 23 year old earned $54 million in 2021—the most of any YouTuber ever—as his videos accumulated 10 billion views, doubling from the previous year.

What do people like so much? Well, the internet loves watching stunts, and MrBeast excels at delivering super-sized ones. In the last year, he has spent 50 hours buried alive, offered $10,000 to anyone willing to sit in a bathtub of snakes and hosted his own version of  Squid Game , building replicas of the Netflix show’s sets.

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.2.3  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @4.2.2    2 weeks ago
The Highest-Paid YouTube Stars: MrBeast, Jake Paul And Markiplier Score Massive Paydays

W ith a name like MrBeast, perhaps it was only inevitable that he’d grow to be as big as he’s become. The 23 year old earned $54 million in 2021—the most of any YouTuber ever—as his videos accumulated 10 billion views, doubling from the previous year.

What do people like so much? Well, the internet loves watching stunts, and MrBeast excels at delivering super-sized ones. In the last year, he has spent 50 hours buried alive, offered $10,000 to anyone willing to sit in a bathtub of snakes and hosted his own version of  Squid Game , building replicas of the Netflix show’s sets.

W   ith a name like MrBeast, perhaps it was only inevitable that he’d grow to be as big as he’s become. The 23 year old earned $54 million in 2021—the most of any YouTuber ever—as his videos accumulated 10 billion views, doubling from the previous year.

What do people like so much? Well, the internet loves watching stunts, and MrBeast excels at delivering super-sized ones. In the last year, he has spent 50 hours buried alive, offered $10,000 to anyone willing to sit in a bathtub of snakes and hosted his own version of    Squid Game   , building replicas of the Netflix show’s sets.

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
4.2.4  Nerm_L  replied to  Krishna @4.2    2 weeks ago
Although you are obviously unaware of it (don't feel bad-- most people don't know this)  everytime someone posts a video on YouTube, there is the potential for generating income-- even if its purpose is not "commercial", Yes-- YouTube can pay people who post videos. Even if they are "not commercial"-- and not "selling" anything!

That's correct.  But the viewers for 'free' videos on YouTube are the product.  The viewers of the 'free' videos are being exploited for cash.  The viewers are the resource that is being exploited.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.2.5  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @4.2.1    2 weeks ago

I think Nerm_L is trying to make us feel like Joe Btfsplk.

6a00e54ef85fc488340191043befdd970c.jpg

Do you remember him from the Lil Abner comics?

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.2.6  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Nerm_L @4.2.4    one week ago
The viewers of the 'free' videos are being exploited for cash.

Brilliant anatsis!

Its true-- whenever you get something for free-- you're being exploited!

Life is unfair-- we can' be happy because everywhere we turn...we are being exploited!

jrSmiley_88_smiley_image.gif

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.2.7  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @4.2.5    one week ago
I think Nerm_L is trying to make us feel like Joe Btfsplk

Let's face it-- because we look at something (I read his comment-- for free!0 he is exploiting us. Well, not our entire being, but specifically-- our eyeballs!

Nerm is exploiting our eyeballs. jrSmiley_5_smiley_image.png

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
4.2.8  Nerm_L  replied to  Krishna @4.2.6    one week ago
Brilliant anatsis!

Its true-- whenever you get something for free-- you're being exploited!

Life is unfair-- we can' be happy because everywhere we turn...we are being exploited!

Well, we get free Obamacare.  But are we the consumer or are we the product?  Where does the money come from?  And where does the money go?

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.2.9  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Nerm_L @4.2.8    one week ago

Where does the money come from? 

Nobody knows-- its a secret. 

And where does the money go

Well, a lot goes to the so-called "content creators" on Only Fans. 

JBB
Professor Principal
4.3  JBB  replied to  Nerm_L @4    2 weeks ago

So? Same as the sources of any linked articles...

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.3.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  JBB @4.3    2 weeks ago
So? Same as the sources of any linked articles...

Exactly!

(Isn't it interesting that ENVY is one of the "Seven Deadly Sins"?)

I used to be jealous of people who found creative ways to earn money-- offering goods or services people want. Then someone confronted me and said that instead of sitting around being jealous-- why didn't I try to see what I could learn from successful people.

And I am doing that-- for example, have read a lot of books on the subject. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.4  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Nerm_L @4    2 weeks ago
So, a US citizen that has traveled to Israel is banned from entry, too.

Correct.

(Actually it varies by country in some cases).

In addition, there are some Muslim countries that used to ban anyone who is Jewish-- regardless of their country of citizenship-- and even if they've never been to Israel). I don't know if that's still the case.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.4.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @4.4    2 weeks ago

How would they know?  Did they make the men expose whether or not they've been circumcised?

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.4.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @4.4.1    one week ago
Did they make the men expose whether or not they've been circumcised?

A Jewish name on passport. 

(Of course that's not 100% foolproof).

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.4.3  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @4.4.1    one week ago
Did they make the men expose whether or not they've been circumcised?

Not always accurate.

Google Khitan for more info!

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.4.4  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @4.4.3    one week ago

I don't understand the relevance of Khitan.

Krishna
Professor Expert
5  seeder  Krishna    2 weeks ago
How much does the CEO of Apple make in 2024?
Apple CEO Tim Cook made a lot of money the previous year, 2023, but it was still lower than what he made in 2022. A new statement released by the Cupertino-giant revealed that Cook earned $63.2 million in 2023. However, in 2024, Cook had raked in over $99.4 million in 2022.
Reading that, I have a choice. Mope around feeling sorry for myself (because I'm not rich-- "life is not fair"!)-- or be happy what Tim Cook has done (leading a team that have made some wonderful Apple products that have enriched my life!)