╌>

Hillary Clinton slams anti-Israel protests on college campuses, says students have been fed propaganda

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  krishna  •  5 months ago  •  23 comments

By:   By JACOB MAGID

Hillary Clinton slams anti-Israel protests on college campuses, says students have been fed propaganda
“I have had many conversations with a lot of young people over the last many months. They don’t know very much at all about the history of the Middle East or frankly about history in many areas of the world, including in our own country,” Clinton tells MSNBC’s Morning Joe.

Important Related Article:

1. President Biden Tells Americans To ‘Never Forget’ Hamas October 7th Atrocities, and Denounces Rising Antisemitism On Campuses

2. Bill Maher - New Rule: From the River to the Sea | Real Time with Bill Maher (HBO)

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Former US secretary of state Hillary Clinton tears into the pro-Palestinian protest movement that has swept across American colleges, calling them ignorant and lamenting that they’re being misinformed by propaganda on social media and in the classroom.

“I have had many conversations with a lot of young people over the last many months. They don’t know very much at all about the history of the Middle East or frankly about history in many areas of the world, including in our own country,” Clinton tells MSNBC’s Morning Joe.

“With respect to the Middle East, they don’t know that under the bringing together of the Israelis and the Palestinians by my husband — then-Israeli prime minister Ehud Barak, the then-head of the Palestinian Liberation Organization Yasser Arafat — an offer was made to the Palestinians for a state on 96% of the existing territory occupied by the Palestinians with 4% of Israel to be given to reach 100% of the amount of territory that was hoped for.”

“This offer was made and if Yasser Arafat had accepted it there would have been a Palestinian state now for about 24 years. It’s one of the great tragedies of history that he was unable to say, ‘yes,'” Clinton laments.

Turning to how these far-left college students have been misinformed, Clinton says they are being fed “propaganda” instead of receiving an education.

“Anybody who is teaching in a university or anyone who is putting content on social media should be held responsible for what they include and what they exclude. So much of what we’re seeing, particularly on TikTok, about what’s going on in the Middle East is willfully false, but it’s also incredibly slanted, pro-Hamas, anti-Israel.”

Red Box Rules

Usually when people make stupid comments that are off-topic I don't delete them-- so everyone can see how stupid they are, LOL! But I will be starting to do that-- so enjoy! 

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Krishna    5 months ago

Former US secretary of state Hillary Clinton tears into the pro-Palestinian protest movement that has swept across American colleges, calling them ignorant and lamenting that they’re being misinformed by propaganda on social media and in the classroom.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @1    5 months ago

Have I not said the same thing criticizing the quality of education of American kids many times to deaf ears here?  Did I not go back as far as when I was a teenager and we kids from Ontario mixed with the kids from Buffalo and there-abouts during summer vacations at Crystal Beach, Ontario, on the north shore of Lake Erie, just west of Buffalo, when we were amazed by what we heard them say?

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @1    5 months ago

I recently came across a video of Bill Maher talking about the current situation. And also the history. (I was actually quite impressed with his knowledge of so many specific details.) 

Here's a video* which really explains not only the situation in the Middle East as well as some relevant history-- but at times his humor shines through:

New Rule: From the River to the Sea | Real Time with Bill Maher (HBO)

*Apologies to Buzz-- I know you can't see YouTube videos, I'm pretty sure you know the facts he presents here anyway.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.2.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @1.2    5 months ago

Apology accepted.

Krishna
Professor Expert
2  seeder  Krishna    5 months ago

“With respect to the Middle East, they don’t know that under the bringing together of the Israelis and the Palestinians by my husband — then-Israeli prime minister Ehud Barak, the then-head of the Palestinian Liberation Organization Yasser Arafat — an offer was made to the Palestinians for a state on 96% of the existing territory occupied by the Palestinians with 4% of Israel to be given to reach 100% of the amount of territory that was hoped for.”

“This offer was made and if Yasser Arafat had accepted it there would have been a Palestinian state now for about 24 years. It’s one of the great tragedies of history that he was unable to say, ‘yes,'” Clinton laments

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @2    5 months ago

How many times have I said on this site that the Palestinians turned down offers of what they wanted that were only a few points short of 100% of their demands - and they walked away without even an attempt to negotiate?  THEY DON'T WANT JUST A STATE, THEY WANT FROM THE RIVER TO THE SEA AND NO LESS. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
3  seeder  Krishna    5 months ago

Turning to how these far-left college students have been misinformed, Clinton says they are being fed “propaganda” instead of receiving an education.

“Anybody who is teaching in a university or anyone who is putting content on social media should be held responsible for what they include and what they exclude. So much of what we’re seeing, particularly on TikTok, about what’s going on in the Middle East is willfully false, but it’s also incredibly slanted, pro-Hamas, anti-Israel.”

George
Junior Expert
3.1  George  replied to  Krishna @3    5 months ago
Clinton says they are being fed “propaganda” instead of receiving an education.

Isn’t Hillary teaching college now? Hopefully this isn’t some sort of Freudian slip.

Krishna
Professor Expert
3.1.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  George @3.1    5 months ago
Hopefully this isn’t some sort of Freudian slip.

Well, as everyone knows, there are many different kinds of Freudian slips:

Krishna
Professor Expert
3.1.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @3.1.1    5 months ago
there are many different kinds of Freudian slips:

So maybe Freud's pronouns weren't he, him after all? Maybe he was actually a closeted he, him she, her?

Krishna
Professor Expert
3.1.3  seeder  Krishna  replied to  George @3.1    5 months ago
Isn’t Hillary teaching college now? Hopefully this isn’t some sort of Freudian slip.

Of course there's another possibility-- maybe while we may disagree with any of her opinions, when it comes to actual facts about certain other countries she might just know a little more than you or I know . . .

Remember, she was Secretary of State:

the 67th  United States secretary of state  in the administration of  Barack Obama  from 2009 to 2013,

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.1.4  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @3.1.3    5 months ago

Doesn't matter, according to the right-wingers nothing she says is of any value.  I have a question - Who knows Bill better, Hillary or Monica?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @3    5 months ago

Americans should be LAMENTING what their children have become, but then maybe it's to be expected when so many of the parents have become MAGAts as well.  The prayer shouldn't be just God Bless the United States of America, it should be God Help the United States of America.

Krishna
Professor Expert
3.2.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.2    5 months ago
God Help the United States of America.

At this point I'd have to agree-- more and more its becoming a situation of "God Help Us"!  jrSmiley_30_smiley_image.gif

jrSmiley_11_smiley_image.gif  

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
4  Right Down the Center    5 months ago

I agree with Hillary.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSDbA_lY2JzHWMK2fDQKfoVJpRM5zdRuqBi2Q&s

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5  Tacos!    5 months ago

She's not wrong. This appears to be largely a problem of ignorant youth. At the adult level, there is bipartisan congressional support for Israel. And you can't get Congress to agree on much of anything. You'd think that would give some of the protestors something to think about.

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Tacos! @5    5 months ago
You'd think that would give some of the protestors something to think about.

They don't want something new to think about. Why should they-- when they think they "know it all".

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Tacos! @5    5 months ago
This appears to be largely a problem of ignorant youth.

The youngest generation does seem to be a lot crazier than the preceding ones.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5.2.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @5.2    5 months ago

When It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World, what can we expect?

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.2.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @5.2.1    5 months ago
When It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World, what can we expect?

Even more madness?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5.2.3  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @5.2.2    5 months ago

It makes "Stop the World, I want to get off" more desirable, so let's get moving on the colonization of Mars.  Then maybe someone will make a movie called "Earth Attacks".

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.2.4  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @5.2.3    5 months ago
so let's get moving on the colonization of Mars.

The last I heard, Elon Musk still considers that  a serious possibility. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5.2.5  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @5.2.4    5 months ago

If Matt Damon could survive on Mars, we all can.