╌>

'Welp, 250 Years Wasn't A Bad Run,' Says George Washington Looking On From Heaven | Babylon Bee

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  sparty-on  •  4 months ago  •  17 comments

By:   The Babylon Bee

'Welp, 250 Years Wasn't A Bad Run,' Says George Washington Looking On From Heaven | Babylon Bee
HEAVEN — Watching as the last vestige of the nation he helped found crumbled, George Washington sighed and remarked that America still had gone on a pretty solid two-hundred-fifty year run.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

'Welp, 250 Years Wasn't A Bad Run,' Says George Washington Looking On From Heaven Politics · Jun 1, 2024 · BabylonBee.com

HEAVEN — Watching as the last vestige of the nation he helped found crumbled, George Washington sighed and remarked that America still had gone on a pretty solid two-hundred-fifty year run.

"Not bad, gentleman," said Washington to a few other Founding Fathers. "It's sad to see it end, but we had a pretty epic couple of centuries there."

As the United States breathed its last, Washington opined on what he and the other Fathers could have done differently. "Maybe we should have added a few more instructions, like, 'No, seriously, you can't infringe on the Bill of Rights, you jackwagons," said Washington. "Perhaps a few notes on the absolute need to teach Judeo-Christian morality, not allowing anti-Christian cultists to have power, or the President needing a few functioning neurons. Oh, well. Hindsight and all that."

At publishing time, Washington had reportedly consoled himself by remembering that he wouldn't have to spend eternity with the people who'd destroyed his nation.

We asked Trump to narrate 7 more famous historic battles, and the result was tremendous and magnificent. Everyone says so.

Subscribe to our YouTube channel for more tactical instructionPrevious WOKE ALERT: Makers Of 'Bluey' Now Say Main Character Actually A Girl

Ready to join the conversation? Subscribe today.

Access comments and our fully-featured social platform.

You must signup or login to view or post comments on this article.

Article is LOCKED by author/seeder
[]

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Sparty On    4 months ago

Cherry tree provided by George, axe provided by our friends on the left.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Sparty On @1    4 months ago

There are two sides to every story, Sparty On.  Don't plant your brain into solidifying concrete. 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
1.1.1  Ronin2  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.1    4 months ago

In this case there is the Democrats abusing the legal system to go after their main political opponent; and turning the US into a banana Republic.

And Republicans standing by and letting them do it.

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
1.1.2  Nerm_L  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.1    4 months ago
There are two sides to every story, Sparty On.  Don't plant your brain into solidifying concrete. 

The Democratic Party has been around for 200 years.  Democrats really did tear the country apart once and it was necessary to whup their asses to put the country back together.  Democrats really did take political revenge on the Black population with Jim Crow laws, segregation, separate but equal treatment, and a two tiered justice system.  And Democrats are still trying to tear the country apart.

There may be two sides to the story but Democrats have always been on the wrong side of history.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.3  seeder  Sparty On  replied to  Nerm_L @1.1.2    4 months ago

The useful idiots will never get it.  

They are ….. well …. Too busy being useful idiots.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1.4  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Nerm_L @1.1.2    4 months ago

Pendulums are not the only things that swing....

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
1.1.5  Nerm_L  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.1.4    4 months ago
Pendulums are not the only things that swing....

A pendulum doesn't change just because it swings.  And the pendulum defines its own circle.  The pendulum must remain true to itself.

The Democratic Party is not a new party (or pendulum) and still swings in the circle defined from the party's beginning.  A reformed Democrat would be the equivalent of a reformed NAZI; sounds good in theory but won't withstand the scrutiny of reality.  The Democratic Party was founded as a party of racial divisions and still thrives on the politics of racial divisions.  The Democrats' pendulum still swings in that circle.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1.6  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Nerm_L @1.1.5    4 months ago

Apparently I chose a wrong example, because what I really meant is that the good and bad swings back and forth between the two major parties - I didn't mean for it to examplify only one of them. 

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
1.1.7  Nerm_L  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.1.6    4 months ago
Apparently I chose a wrong example, because what I really meant is that the good and bad swings back and forth between the two major parties - I didn't mean for it to examplify only one of them. 

I could point out that it's easy to criticize the United States from the comfort of a one-party, autocratic society but that would be unduly cruel and, possibly, too Democratic.  No doubt Democrats would see the good in such a comparison if it is of benefit for them.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1.8  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Nerm_L @1.1.7    4 months ago

And I could point out that you have no idea what you're talking about because I'll bet you've never been to China, and if you have it would have been for a very short period of time.  I know America very well.  I grew up with it in my back yard, - it was only an hour's drive away.  I may well have travelled through more of the USA than even you have, and met and got to know an awful lot of people on the way.  I have attended festivals and celebrations in America, attended conferences and famous places.  I even owned and spent time in a golf condo in Florida for years.  Because of that I think I can say what I say with at least one hell of a lot of PERSONAL knowledge about  America, but also after almost 18 years of living in China and 15 years of being a member of a resident Chinese family I know a lot more about China than you possibly could. 

And, in any event, I thought the topic of this article was about America, rather than China, and as a member of NT, probably for an awful lot longer than you because I remember when you signed up and I asked you about your naming your group "Newsvine", I can damn well SPEAK MY MIND about the topic of the article. 

Hallux
Professor Principal
1.1.9  Hallux  replied to  Nerm_L @1.1.7    4 months ago
I could point out that it's easy to criticize the United States from the comfort of a one-party, autocratic society ...

It's just as easy to critique the US from a multi-party democratic society ... feel free to be "unduly cruel".

JBB
Professor Principal
2  JBB    4 months ago

Maybe heartbroken MAGA should call a hotline or something...

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
2.1  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JBB @2    4 months ago

[]

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.1.1  bugsy  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @2.1    4 months ago

[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.2  JohnRussell  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @2.1    4 months ago

[]

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.2  Ronin2  replied to  JBB @2    4 months ago

They are calling the Trump campaign to donate money judging by the amount of money coming in since the verdict was announced.

Considering most of it is from small donors- seems Democrats have pissed off non TDS suffering independents as well. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3  JohnRussell    4 months ago

[]