╌>

Trials and tribulations

Category:  Op/Ed

By:  vic-eldred  •  2 months ago  •  56 comments

Trials and tribulations
“The Georgia Court of Appeals has properly stayed all proceedings against President Trump in the trial court pending its decision on our interlocutory appeal which argues the case should be dismissed and Fulton County DA Willis should be disqualified for her misconduct,” Sadow said in a statement.

A Georgia appeals court has finally stepped into the so-called "election subversion conspiracy case" against Donald Trump and several of his co-defendants. The court said the case will be on hold until a panel of judge's rules on whether conflicted & corrupt Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis should be disqualified. Despite Willis lack of integrity, Fulton County voters voted her right back into office. Unfortunately for democrats, this case will not go to trial before the election.

Meanwhile in "documents case" against Trump, the judge in that case has indefinitely postponed the trial, once scheduled for May 20, because of a myriad of issues including evidence tampering by the prosecution and the question of whether Jack Smith was legally appointed special counsel. As with the Fulton County case, this is another that will not be coming to trial before the election.

Despite these two defeats for the Biden campaign, the key mission of hanging a conviction on Trump has been accomplished, though it came by way of what was clearly a sham trial. The verdict is very likely to be overturned after the election.

On day 3 of the Hunter Biden trial, we learned much about the lifestyle of the president's son, who made millions for the Biden family via influence peddling. Biden's ex-girlfriend, Zoe Kestan, testified that "He would want to smoke the second he woke up." It seems that Hunter would be smoking crack cocaine every 20 minutes. The jury also heard continued testimony from FBI special agent Erika Jensen and from Biden’s ex-wife Kathleen Buhle, and the once harassed gun shop employee Gordon Cleveland. Hunter is facing charges of making a false statement in the purchase of a gun, making a false statement related to information required to be kept by a federally licensed gun dealer and possession of a gun by a person who is a drug addict.

In a related story, Republican House leaders asked the Justice Department Wednesday to bring charges against first son Hunter Biden and first brother James Biden for allegedly lying to Congress. Our conflicted AG Merrick Garland is very likely to blow it off.

In other news:

There is now a complaint that Israel has been holding blindfolded, handcuffed Gazan detainees without legal representation at a military base.

The C.I.A. director met with Qatari and Egyptian officials in an attempt to broker a cease-fire. Qatari officials also met with Hamas leaders, who appear to want more concessions.

Benjamin Netanyahu has threatened action against Hezbollah two days after it launched rockets and drones into northern Israel from Lebanon.

Police officers have arrested 13 pro-Palestinian protestors who barricaded themselves in the ineffectual Stanford University president's office.

Chuck Schumer intends to strike back at Senate Republicans for blocking appointments & legislation by introducing sham legislation designed to influence Senate races. Senate Republicans have blocked legislation designed to protect women’s access to contraception, arguing that the bill was just a political stunt as Democrats mount an election-year effort to put GOP senators on the record on "reproductive rights issues. As everyone knows contraception is already legal.

Gov. Kathy Hochul of New York abruptly halted a plan to charge drivers who enter the busiest part of Manhattan.

Last but not least:

A
  Chicago couple   were attacked after going on a date in the Windy City's Streeterville neighborhood on Friday.

The husband and wife were walking on the street when they were surrounded by an unknown number of teens Friday evening near Grand Avenue and McClurg Court,  FOX 32 Chicago reported.

The woman, whose name is Nina, told the outlet they were kicked, stomped on and punched repeatedly. She was two weeks pregnant at the time of the incident and found out afterward she lost the baby, according to FOX 32. 

"We believe in faith and it wasn't meant to be. So, we don't know why this happened to us," Nina said.

Chicago couple brutally assaulted by teens while on date, pregnant wife loses baby after attack (msn.com)

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  author  Vic Eldred    2 months ago

Good morning.

06themorning-nl-mkqf-jumbo.jpg
George Mullins, an American veteran, at the grave of William Lemaster, who died next to him in northern France in 1944.
(
Laetitia Vancon for The New York Times.)

Today is the 80th anniversary of D-Day, one of the pivotal World War II battles, which took place on the beaches in Normandy.

It was a great generation which endured the Great Depression and World War II, that did the fighting. Maybe it is the case that hard times produces good people and too much affluence spoils. In any case, today we remember them.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2  author  Vic Eldred    2 months ago

"Crazy Jeff" Toobin said he thinks the federal judge presiding over former President Trump’s classified documents case, Aileen Cannon, is “trying to kill this prosecution

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Principal
2.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Vic Eldred @2    2 months ago

IT's hard for Toobin to make that assertion since the prosecution admitted to mishandling classified material.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3  author  Vic Eldred    2 months ago

Top Biden campaign spokesman Adrienne Elrod: Biden is "sharper than ever"

JBB
Professor Principal
3.1  JBB  replied to  Vic Eldred @3    2 months ago

original

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Principal
3.1.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JBB @3.1    2 months ago

Made a difference?  jrSmiley_88_smiley_image.gif

That would be correct if you wanted the US to be a larger version of a third world shit hole.

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
3.1.2  Right Down the Center  replied to  JBB @3.1    2 months ago

JBB
Professor Principal
3.1.3  JBB  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @3.1.1    2 months ago

Do you really believe The United States is a shithole?

It is not BTW. Maybe you should get out more often...

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
3.1.4  Right Down the Center  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @3.1.1    2 months ago

It is incomprehensible that anyone would vote for more of the failed policies of Brain dead Joe

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Principal
3.1.5  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JBB @3.1.3    2 months ago
Do you really believe The United States is a shithole?

IT's been on it's way there since January 20, 2021.  Maybe you should pay more attention to what's going on around you instead of spamming memes.  

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3.1.6  Greg Jones  replied to  JBB @3.1    2 months ago

Oh, Joe has made a difference, in many bad and destructive ways.

Tell us of all the good things he has done.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3.1.7  Ronin2  replied to  JBB @3.1.3    2 months ago

It is a bigger shifhole now than when Trump left office.

• Brandon and Democrats have weaponized the DOJ, FBI, CIA, and IRS against their political opponents.
  • Border is unsecured and illegal immigrants are entering the country at record levels. Drug smuggling and gun running into the US are at record levels. Remember the good old days when the guns were being smuggled out of the country and not into it?
  • Inflation is here to stay thanks to Brandon rampant spending. The Fed was supposed to lower interest rates several times this year. They are holding off due to inflation creeping back up.
  • Brandon has drained the US strategic Oil and Gas reserves in order to try and buy votes. The bill for refilling will come after the 2024 election- when Democrats won't care. Gas prices still remain high thanks to Brandon's EO/EA restrictions on oil production. 
  • Brandon dropped sanctions on Iran and returned billions to them- allowing them to finance their militias and the terrorists Houthi, Hezbollah, and Hamas. All to try and get Iran back to the UN/Obama deal; however Iran is closer to acquiring weapon grade nuclear material than ever before.
  • While the US may be out of Afghanistan; our troops are less safe throughout the ME. Thanks to attacks by Iran and their proxies.
  • The Houthi have shut down a major shipping lane; forcing cargo vessels to go around the Horn of Africa. Causing major delays in commerce; and higher costs.
  • Crime is up under Democrat leadership. Not prosecuting criminals isn't making US citizens any safer. (But Democrats got Trump; and that is all that matters to them).
  • Economy is cooling. No matter how much Brandon cooks the unemployment numbers they are creeping back up. 

Maybe you should get out and stop listening to the Democrat sycophants in the media.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3.1.8  TᵢG  replied to  Right Down the Center @3.1.2    2 months ago

Either Biden or Trump will be PotUS in 2025.   

You hold that Biden is not out to serve the American people.   

This is an amazing criticism given Trump has demonstrated over and over that he cares only about himself and will abuse the powers of the presidency even to satisfy his ego.

How can you make this particular criticism of Biden and completely ignore the 800lb gorilla (Trump)??

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
3.1.9  Right Down the Center  replied to  TᵢG @3.1.8    2 months ago
How can you make this particular criticism of Biden

It is easy.  What I said was true.

and completely ignore the 800lb gorilla (Trump)??

I have made my feelings about Trump known. I don't feel the need or desire to include Trump in every comment about Biden I make, just as every time you trash trump there is not a corresponding comment about Biden.

That being said it is not about me no matter how much you seem to want it to be.

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
3.1.10  Right Down the Center  replied to  Greg Jones @3.1.6    2 months ago
Tell us of all the good things he has done.

That is easy.  He.......er........em......and then he.....

Never mind.

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.11  CB  replied to  Right Down the Center @3.1.4    2 months ago

I see you are open and honest to state you support Donald. The illusion has finally ended. 

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
3.1.12  Right Down the Center  replied to  CB @3.1.11    2 months ago

Interesting lack of logic to come to the conclusion that a comment about Biden could mean so much about Trump.

Also an example if you can't refute the comment try and make it about the poster as a diversion.  Common tactic.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3.1.13  TᵢG  replied to  Right Down the Center @3.1.9    2 months ago
I have made my feelings about Trump known.

Yeah, explicit, specific condemnation of Biden and indirect, vague displeasure with Trump.

That is expected from someone who wants Trump to be PotUS, not from someone who claims the he is still undecided.   

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.14  CB  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @3.1.5    2 months ago

I don't believe you believe that. 

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.15  CB  replied to  Ronin2 @3.1.7    2 months ago

What you have presented is over-tired, over-dried, and especially old and stupid talking points. . .that seem never, ever to retire. And as the saying goes: You seem to have a million of them.

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
3.1.16  Right Down the Center  replied to  TᵢG @3.1.13    2 months ago

Once again it is not about me as much as you seem to want it to be.

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.17  CB  replied to  Right Down the Center @3.1.12    2 months ago

I wouldn't worry about tactics. Don't try to gaslight me or anybody else. We see you. Thank MAGAs for (finally) standing in the 'light' . . .at least for the moment. The illusion has been pierced.

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.18  CB  replied to  Right Down the Center @3.1.16    2 months ago

Sell it. It won't work though. Because it can not work.

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.19  CB  replied to  TᵢG @3.1.13    2 months ago

Some MAGAs are deceitful. It seems they build illusions and then trade on and around with them.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.20  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @3.1.8    2 months ago
You hold that Biden is not out to serve the American people.   

The evidence is there:

Open borders

Inflation

Rampant crime

Two wars

A fantasy energy policy

We don't have to wait for the facts to come in. They are here.

JBB
Professor Principal
3.1.21  JBB  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.20    2 months ago

1. Biden has now taken executive actions to control the Southern border because the MAGA in Congress refused to do anything...

2. We are at full employment, businesses and the markets are booming and Inflation is being tamed. Largely thanks to Biden's leadership the US economy is leading the world economically post-Covid and America is The World's Largest Oil Producer!

3. Crime, especially violent crime, has come way down...

4. They are not our wars but America is now leading the so far successful worldwide fight against Putin's Russia and violent militant religious fananatism of all stripes including creeping Christian Nationalism and far rightwing Fascism...

5. See #2

Thing are looking up for America, and it is all Biden's fault?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3.1.22  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.20    2 months ago
Open borders

On this we agree (at least in principle).   This is an inexplicable failure in policy;  should have been addressed years ago.    But the GOP is sitting on its hands now to hinder steps to fix the problem.   Partisan assholes.

Inflation

A PotUS has very little to do with the economy.   People naively tie the PotUS to the economy, good or bad, but that is largely faulty reasoning.    

Rampant crime

That is predominantly a state and local government problem.    You are aware that our states are run by governors and mayors, right?

Two wars

As if Biden controls the world.    World events occur for many reasons.   The PotUS does not dictate these dynamics ... do not believe what Trump claims he can do ... he is an egotistical liar and scoundrel.  

A fantasy energy policy

Promoting renewable energy is responsible.   Drill, baby, drill is irresponsible.

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.23  CB  replied to  JBB @3.1.21    2 months ago
4. They are not our wars but America is now leading the so far successful worldwide fight against Putin's Russia and violent militant religious fananatism of all stripes including creeping Christian Nationalism and far rightwing Fascism...

It's called prevention. And this nation is reminded of it (and ought to pay attention) because "D-Day" could happen again while some MAGAs hold their f-ing laughing heads. We have the Arizona Memorial to remind us of isolation not being a 'super power.' The rest should speak for itself.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Principal
3.1.24  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  CB @3.1.14    2 months ago

Believe what you want.  I don't care.

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.25  CB  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @3.1.24    2 months ago

I will. I know I don't live in a shithole. If you say you do-oh well. Try cleaning out the MAGAs.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Principal
3.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Vic Eldred @3    2 months ago

Elrod comparing him to a pile of shit?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.2.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @3.2    2 months ago

John Stewart is pleading with them to get it on video tape.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Principal
3.2.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.2.1    2 months ago

If they honestly think he's "sharper than ever" then why are they withholding the Hur audio?  Why do they have to constantly edit transcripts of Biden's speeches?  

CB
Professor Principal
3.2.3  CB  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @3.2.2    2 months ago

Because MAGAs talk too damn much and mock petty shit. And  MAGAs don't know what occurs with Biden's speeches. And even if they do, no one gives a shit. He speaks because that what speeches exist to be: spoken.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Principal
3.2.4  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  CB @3.2.3    2 months ago
And  MAGAs don't know what occurs with Biden's speeches.

The world knows what happens at Traitor Joes "speeches".  Mumbling, a fictitious story then he turns into a roomba and aimlessly wanders around the stage.  

Then, the Bidenites go back and edit the transcripts. 

You REALLY need to pay attention.

CB
Professor Principal
3.2.5  CB  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @3.2.4    2 months ago

It is not me that confuses his or her attention. 'Mudslinging' is old, tired, late but topical for MAGAs.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3.3  Sean Treacy  replied to  Vic Eldred @3    2 months ago

Imagine saying that in public.  It’s like something out of north  Korea.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.3.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.3    2 months ago

The assumption is always that we all have no time for news.

Just like Joe Biden claiming he inherited a 9% inflation rate.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3.3.2  Sean Treacy  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.3.1    2 months ago

It’s worse than that. A lot  of people are ignorant enough to believe that lie about inflation. No one believes Joe Biden is as sharp as ever. All one needs to do is watch him for a few minutes.

but no one believes the lie about Biden being sharp. It’s lying to an audience that knows you are lying and doing it anyway because they know their supporters won’t challenge them on it  will show their loyalty by pretending to believe the lie. 

it’s an emperor has no clothes situation where half the country will just parrot the most blatant lie possible  and publicly pretend to believe Biden is sharp. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.3.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.3.2    2 months ago

I couldn't agree more.

CB
Professor Principal
3.3.4  CB  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.3.2    2 months ago

Donald is a elderly walking and talking disaster (Me-ME-ME) and that does not bother MAGAs at all. In fact, MAGAs really wants their walking disaster! The dude would not even let trained professional hold his public sessions on Covid without (Me-Me-Me) hovering right behind the speakers. . .and eventually (ME- ME-ME) took the presentations over all by himself (what a disaster it was).

GregTx
Professor Guide
3.3.5  GregTx  replied to  CB @3.3.4    2 months ago

Just gonna leave this here...

CB
Professor Principal
3.3.6  CB  replied to  GregTx @3.3.5    2 months ago

Ditto. And you can go here: . .

You can deny Donald is elderly all you want but it will be untrue and all of us can prove it to you. Pretty sure MAGAs don't wish to go 'there' and certainly don't want to go there for long! (Both men probably wear 'Depends' - I can't prove it (and it really does not matter to me) but it highly probably is true.) Age comes with "biological changes" in swift succession. So keep playing (yourself) about which elderly and old -"gentlemen" or "Farts" is where in their old-age stages. (It not the same for everybody, nevertheless.)

Finally, many young people around the world died today from various maladies, injuries, and live circumstance. Happens everyday somewhere on the planet. Our elderly old "gentlemen" both of which want to be the world leading politician are still here and campaigning from city to city and coast to coast! So age is not the issue. 

Hallux
PhD Principal
3.3.7  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.3.1    2 months ago
Just like Joe Biden claiming he inherited a 9% inflation rate.

Meh, Trump is claiming he'll inherit a 50% inflation rate.

bugsy
Professor Participates
3.3.8  bugsy  replied to  Hallux @3.3.7    2 months ago

Where did he say that?

If you are talking about the Hannity interview, he said inflation could actually bring prices up 50 percent.

bugsy
Professor Participates
4  bugsy    2 months ago

So let's get something straight here....It was widely reported in 2020 that Hunter Biden's laptop was "Russian disinformation", including the letter from the 51 "intelligence" idiots who all claimed it was. Leftists plied this as election interference by Russia and incessantly reported it as such. Even dumbass Biden claimed it to be this.

Fast forward 4 years later... The BIDEN DOJ submitted this laptop as evidence in the gun trial of Hunter Biden. Using leftist "logic", the left should be screaming that Biden DOJ is causing election interference for placing the laptop into evidence.

Leftists om here, why the silence if, by YOUR standards, is this not election interference now, but it was 4 years ago?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  bugsy @4    2 months ago

It is breathtaking.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4.2  Sean Treacy  replied to  bugsy @4    2 months ago

And the person who put together the conspiracy was rewarded by being named Secretary of State,

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.2.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sean Treacy @4.2    2 months ago

It was either that or a contributor role at MSNBC

CB
Professor Principal
5  CB    2 months ago

The one thing I am sorry about is DA Willis, who comes from a lawyer family has given Donald a reason for delay. Apparently, she and her office does not understand this 'devil' that has come to dance with them. If ever there was a time for her to understand that she was going to be put on a 'mini-trial'. . . because MAGAs love to do opposition research on people who cross their purposes, this was it. Donald has no shame. Now, well, she has to put on full display that she has no-shame either. Stay strong!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  CB @5    2 months ago

Don't feel too sorry. The wonderful people of Fulton County just reelected her.

CB
Professor Principal
5.1.1  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1    2 months ago

Good! In the inverse of a verse from Bruno Mars: "That's what I Like"  - Unlucky for you she's what they like!

Dropping the hit single video for your listening pleasure: 

Bruno Mars - That’s What I Like [Official Music Video]

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5.1.2  Sean Treacy  replied to  CB @5.1.1    2 months ago

It is funny to watch the same people celebrate a judicial officer retain their office and not be punished at all  despite perjuring themselves while thinking Trump should go to jail for a bookkeeping mistake.  

CB
Professor Principal
5.1.3  CB  replied to  Sean Treacy @5.1.2    2 months ago

You are mixing your cases. You can be forgiven, because Donald is always the 'apple of your politics.' I don't support DA Willis (don't know her or her professional side from "Eve.") What disturbs me about her situation. . . gonna be real with you. . .believe it or not if you choose. . . is she has a case I approve of going forward and yet through her own personal failure she has given Donald (and his "team") reason to stall it. This case is DELAYED and she inadvertently walked right into a defense legal 'trap.' 

That is my stance on DA Willis. That she is Black forms no basis for my "judgement." What I really want to write about it (is 'nasty') so I won't write it. And civil people should not let their "innocent" minds go there. So no I am not "celebrating" a damn thing. . . not even her. The case will eventually resolve itself one way or the other. 

Now on to the next election of a convicted felon who is trying with all his crooked nature to make legal professionals suffer for daring to charge him. . .and convict him. The news reports Donald wants his gag-order removed. . . wonder if that is because his "team" has secretly photographed or 'slipped' a fifty to a trial clerk to get him their information, because it is clear to me he INTENDS to trash them in the media.

You know, Donald, a real cretin, declares he 'punches hard' anybody who dares come at him. . . yes, he plans to dox them through his team and his supporters just as soon as he legally can. A damn shame too, because jury duty is not supposed to put jurors on trial by the person they find guilty.

In fact, jury "protection" from backlash should be afforded ALL jurors of regular folks, many of whom have just enough to get by. . . but who can have that F-ked by a man who ruins every damn life he touches. And is presently in the process of losing his family's inheritance to lawyers and the like. (Heard a rumor that he is selling off a plane. . .another one of his children's "toys" could be next.)

Donald is clearly ignorant of the known fact (he was president for crying out loud) that he can not defeat Uncle Sam, because 'Sam' gets new funding every year. Its a given. Donald may not!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6  author  Vic Eldred    2 months ago

They have to live there, I don't.

CB
Professor Principal
6.1  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @6    2 months ago

That's spectacular. :) :) :)