╌>

Trump challenges Biden to cognitive test, but confuses name of doctor who tested him

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  hallux  •  4 months ago  •  81 comments

By:   NPR

Trump challenges Biden to cognitive test, but confuses name of doctor who tested him

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

WASHINGTON — Donald Trump on Saturday night suggested President Joe Biden “should have to take a cognitive test," only to confuse who administered the test to him in the next sentence.

The former president and presumptive Republican nominee referred to Texas Republican Rep. Ronny Jackson, who was the White House physician for part of his presidency, as "Ronny Johnson.” The moment came as Trump was questioning Biden's mental acuity, something he often does on the campaign trail and social media.

“He doesn’t even know what the word ‘inflation’ means. I think he should take a cognitive test like I did," the former president said of Biden during a speech at a convention of Turning Point Action in Detroit.

Seconds later, he continued, “Doc Ronny Johnson. Does everyone know Ronny Johnson, congressman from Texas? He was the White House doctor, and he said I was the healthiest president, he feels, in history, so I liked him very much indeed immediately."

Jackson was elected to Congress in 2021 and is one of Trump's most vociferous defenders on Capitol Hill.

Trump, who turned 78 on Friday, has made questioning whether the 81-year-old Biden is up for a second term a centerpiece of his campaign. But online critics quickly seized on his Saturday night gaffe, with the Biden campaign — which has long fought off criticism about the Democratic president's verbal missteps — posting a clip of the moment minutes later.

Trump took the cognitive test in 2018 at his own request, Jackson told reporters at the time. The exam is designed to detect early signs of memory loss and other mild cognitive impairment.

The Montreal Cognitive Assessment that Trump took includes remembering a list of spoken words; listening to a list of random numbers and repeating them backward; naming as many words that begin with, say, the letter F as possible within a minute; accurately drawing a cube; and describing concrete ways that two objects — like a train and a bicycle — are alike.

Trump later said that he had to remember and accurately recite a list of words in order: “Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.”

During the same speech in Detroit, Trump also referenced a video clip widely circulated online in Republican circles where Biden is seen during the recently concluded Group of Seven summit in Italy watching skydivers land with flags from different nations.

A cropped version of the video shows Biden stepping away from the leaders, turning his back and walking in the other direction. He flashes a thumbs-up but it's not clear who he is gesturing to. A more complete angle of the same scene, however, shows that the president had turned to face a skydiver who has landed.

Trump nonetheless seized on the video clip, falsely describing Biden turning around "to look at trees," drawing laughter and hoots from the crowd.

The Biden campaign issued a statement dismissing the clip as misleadingly cropped and accusing those disseminating it as “tampering with the video to make up lies.”

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Hallux
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Hallux    4 months ago

What a great opportunity to stretch hypocrisy. Let's have at it!

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Hallux @1    4 months ago

You are correct. Typical hypocritical NPR hit piece from a blatantly leftist liberal organization.

JBB
Professor Principal
1.1.1  JBB  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @1.1    4 months ago

[]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @1.1    4 months ago

hit piece??

Leftist/Liberal = Truthful/Decent

Hallux
Professor Principal
1.1.3  seeder  Hallux  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @1.1    4 months ago
Typical hypocritical NPR

NPR is radio and seeing as you seem to have a difficult time reading I suggest you go to the link and listen instead.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.1.4  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Hallux @1.1.3    4 months ago

I did and I listen just fine thank you.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.5  Tessylo  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @1.1    4 months ago

Hypocritical?  How so?

Hallux
Professor Principal
1.1.6  seeder  Hallux  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @1.1    4 months ago
Typical hypocritical NPR hit piece from a blatantly leftist liberal organization.

Must be why the Koch brothers fund them. @!@

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.1.7  Sean Treacy  replied to  Hallux @1.1.6    4 months ago

Must be why the Koch brothers fund them

Impressive what the dead can do.  Really living up to the reputation  as a boogyman

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.1.8  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.5    4 months ago

In your own words. I don't answer to you.

Hallux
Professor Principal
1.1.9  seeder  Hallux  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.1.7    4 months ago
Impressive what the dead can do.

There's a simple trick to do that, perhaps you have not made enough money to buy the instruction sheet.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.10  Tessylo  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @1.1.8    4 months ago

You made the statement.  So, you cannot back it up.  Got it.  

GregTx
Professor Guide
1.1.11  GregTx  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.10    4 months ago

[]

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.1.12  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.10    4 months ago

You [...]

[.] [] Enough said. Have a good day.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.13  Tessylo  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @1.1.12    4 months ago

If you make a statement, back it up.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.14  Sparty On  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.13    4 months ago

He owes you no answers …… 

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.1.15  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.13    4 months ago

At this time I have nothing further to say as it would just be a exercise in futility. Bye now. Like I said above I am done here.

JBB
Professor Principal
1.1.16  JBB  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.13    4 months ago

This story has been on the AP Associated Press site and it is not like NPR National Public Radio is disreputable, either...

It is a straight news story and that drives the MAGA insane!

GregTx
Professor Guide
1.1.17  GregTx  replied to  GregTx @1.1.11    4 months ago

[]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.18  Tessylo  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @1.1.15    4 months ago

Okey dokey

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.2  devangelical  replied to  Hallux @1    4 months ago

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.3  devangelical  replied to  Hallux @1    4 months ago

trump's mental acuity will be laid bare before the american public during the debate.

GregTx
Professor Guide
2  GregTx    4 months ago

Hallux
Professor Principal
2.1  seeder  Hallux  replied to  GregTx @2    4 months ago

Dumb ... I have no idea how much crap YT has on it but please try harder.

The management thanks you.

GregTx
Professor Guide
2.1.1  GregTx  replied to  Hallux @2.1    4 months ago

Mmmmkay...

GregTx
Professor Guide
2.1.2  GregTx  replied to  Hallux @2.1    4 months ago

Hallux
Professor Principal
2.1.3  seeder  Hallux  replied to  GregTx @2.1.1    4 months ago

I'll give you this, you are tiresome, and that's a high compliment.

GregTx
Professor Guide
2.1.4  GregTx  replied to  Hallux @2.1.3    4 months ago

Awwww, thanks. Very similarly, I tell people when I call them a dummy that it's a compliment otherwise I would just call them stupid.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.5  Sparty On  replied to  Hallux @2.1.3    4 months ago

Yes, it’s probably very tiresome watching your hero Joey stumbling around like the village idiot.    Take a nap.    Perhaps that will help …..

Hallux
Professor Principal
2.1.6  seeder  Hallux  replied to  Sparty On @2.1.5    4 months ago

I do not have heroes, heroines, the Muses and such, on the other hand populate my existence.

As to stumbling around, I can attest as someone with several ambulatory issues it comes with aging. If you are not there yet, time will not forget you.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.7  Sparty On  replied to  Hallux @2.1.6    4 months ago
I do not have heroes, heroines, the Muses and such, on the other hand populate my existence.

How continental of you ….

Hallux
Professor Principal
2.1.8  seeder  Hallux  replied to  Sparty On @2.1.7    4 months ago

Being well read and well versed is not 'continental' or are you referring to the 'Founders', most of whom could name all the Muses at the drop of a hat?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.9  Sparty On  replied to  Hallux @2.1.8    4 months ago

[]

Igknorantzruls
Freshman Quiet
2.1.10  Igknorantzruls  replied to  Sparty On @2.1.7    4 months ago
ow continental of you ….

i'll eat someones continental for breakfast, but b 4 brunch, asz too many out to lunch, and more than a hunch,

cause back, back when one was hunched over and over for having hunches that others 8 4 breakfast during a flaming famine flourishing throughout, things, thrown out and about that witch could spell the cast from the show, not shown, at leased, knot on ones own knot  knowned , wear, aloned, is together with which weigh, that a wind up toy could blow more than a fan sucked until it blew, like a big fan, of vacuums consumed to suck, inteligence through a strawman argumeant to leave a mark on a place that needith light, hearted laughter has bin a stored disaster for any that asked her, or him, about the spin, one can spin when spun the wrong way too far, as bright as a star, bright orange does glow,

when a Continental breakfast is knot enuff to feed a Continental Army of aunts attempting to make one say uncle, festering like a wound up wound due a suture, to Lilo and Stitch that Witch to freego and buy gone with the wind up toys, mainly for girlz, sum of boyz, to all of Trumps men, and women, whom have been in close proximity of persons prone to public prosecution, for like an institution so corrupt that more coomon to be complacent and compromized and inclined to be dis-barred , behind them, as lowered every day, like a knight shining his dishonorable Armour, are more, than the dishonoring of men, men who see the real me and they, yet, go along with that which they should have to say, is not what America was meant to be about, and it's way past time to hold former president Trump to account, on that witch craft he has held off, while hands on to delay the posts that support , bears , being able to shit in the woods, even when visiting a Zoo, fore to quart a court , theirs need bee clauses, for sum causes, cause US to see, cause, there is much many need shown, perhaps time to become a shower,       cause being a prick, needs rolled around a flower, as revolving around a Venus, is a fly eating 

penis

when a dick comes between the peoples of this country who are being divided

to makje it a too many sided

object worthy of objections, objectable when quarts are allowing a liter to possibly again be the cheater liter of the Cheeto cheat hoe non conceited conceder to ever establish a   veto proof spoof as played out in front neater, than a drink, consumed buy a slob, brought forth by a mob

a song comes to,      , Mind Riot

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.11  Sparty On  replied to  Igknorantzruls @2.1.10    4 months ago

Schenectady, photosynthesis, canooter valve, rumplestiltskin and white bread.    Have a Doobie Brothers ….

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.12  Tessylo  replied to  Igknorantzruls @2.1.10    4 months ago

Some of the mindless hive like drone cult following and defenders of the indefensible I tend to ignore Iggy, better for my blood pressure.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.13  Tessylo  replied to  Igknorantzruls @2.1.10    4 months ago

P.S. I really like your style

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
2.1.14  afrayedknot  replied to  Sparty On @2.1.11    4 months ago

…Opinions do very [sic], my fiend [sic] from the right [sickophant]…

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.15  Sparty On  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.12    4 months ago

Using some of my stuff …. I’d be flattered if I gave a shit but I don’t.[]

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1.16  Trout Giggles  replied to  afrayedknot @2.1.14    4 months ago

snicker

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
2.1.17  afrayedknot  replied to  Sparty On @2.1.15    4 months ago

“…some of my stuff…”

Just regurgitating the shtick…plenty of thumbs ups coming your way! Yay!!

And nothing passive about it. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.18  Sparty On  replied to  afrayedknot @2.1.17    4 months ago
plenty of thumbs ups coming your way! Yay!!

Nah, that’s my friends on the lefts gig.

Easy to see here where the votes are going

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
2.1.19  afrayedknot  replied to  Sparty On @2.1.18    4 months ago

Hi, just jim! 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.20  Sparty On  replied to  afrayedknot @2.1.19    4 months ago

Hello …. Tessylo!

Igknorantzruls
Freshman Quiet
2.1.21  Igknorantzruls  replied to  Sparty On @2.1.11    4 months ago

Thought I had AAD once, but it didn't add up, so I took sum, and focused like a laser, piercing all 6,437 thoughts, thought less of, from and by more ons, who don't find my write to be right, but asz my right, I will leave you out, of said will, for thoughts that had temporarily gathered in a cranium void of thoughtfulness, i confess, i am not a profess or, but Hell, i'd hit Ginger while marrying Ann, but HOWELL, i don't think so Skippy, cause couldn; t get Thirsten to Howell for her for a million bucks, that he of course brought with him for a 3 hour tour and D forced Giligan to pleasure his Gilf, and then clean up his hut, cause who knew Thirsten was such a Slob , and Lovey such a slut...?, though, eye c how you through throwing Random words around, personally, i prefer McNally, but I must inquire, do you truly feel Trump is more Knowledgeable on things a POTUS should and could possibly need know and possibly, even in a retarded representative of his former self, speed, and pace, Not beat Trumps' fac?e

CB
Professor Principal
2.1.22  CB  replied to  Sparty On @2.1.5    4 months ago

Well now hey! I am getting around to being concerned about a former president who keeps telling his victi— 'er, supporters he won an election that he can not prove being so as to save his life (if need be). There is something, 'bigly' diminished in the heart of that man, his surrogates, and supporters. 

A sane person knows the difference between numbers that state 'defeat' and numbers that shout 'Victory!'

Donald's diminished capacity is on display every time he speaks now on account of this. His surrogates should take the delusional old fool off-stage and let him get a year's worth of rest and rela— wait! That can't happen because Donald has stacked court days in the next year 2025!

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.23  Sparty On  replied to  Igknorantzruls @2.1.21    3 months ago

Supercalifragilistic!    No, really! 

Igknorantzruls
Freshman Quiet
3  Igknorantzruls    4 months ago

Trump trumps his own accusatory projection defecting back his own image, not imagined, as misspelled out, write, not right, B 4 US 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4  Tacos!    4 months ago

I totally get the objection to Biden on the basis of his age, energy, and mental focus. I think he should quit. 100% But suggesting that the body and brain of Trump is a logical alternative is just ludicrous.

CB
Professor Principal
4.1  CB  replied to  Tacos! @4    4 months ago

It's happening. . . two mature elderly guys have entered the "octagon" for president 2025. . . only one can win. . . . May the best old and aged guy WIN!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  CB @4.1    4 months ago

There is no "BEST" when it comes to the two clowns.

devangelical
Professor Principal
5  devangelical    4 months ago

the upcoming presidential debate will be hilarious. watching trump avoid the questions and veer off on nonsensical rants, only to have his mic cut off, will be television comedy gold...

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1  Tessylo  replied to  devangelical @5    4 months ago

SSDD

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5.2  Tacos!  replied to  devangelical @5    4 months ago

I’d be more enthused if I thought there was anything he could say or do that would dissuade his congregation from voting for him. Sadly, they all drank his Kool-Aid long ago.

devangelical
Professor Principal
5.2.1  devangelical  replied to  Tacos! @5.2    4 months ago

even watching their cult leader get sent to do a stretch in club fed won't deter that level of maga madness.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6  Sparty On    4 months ago

Yes, I’m going to enjoy watching “boosted” Biden.

Hope his heart can take it ……

Tacos!
Professor Guide
6.1  Tacos!  replied to  Sparty On @6    4 months ago

You should be more worried about the heart of the 300 pound 78 year old.

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
6.1.1  afrayedknot  replied to  Tacos! @6.1    4 months ago

“…about the heart…”

….or lack there of…

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.1.2  Sparty On  replied to  Tacos! @6.1    4 months ago

He taking speed bumps as well?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6.1.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  afrayedknot @6.1.1    4 months ago

He's got a heart he just doesn't have a soul

Tacos!
Professor Guide
6.1.4  Tacos!  replied to  Sparty On @6.1.2    4 months ago

It wouldn’t surprise me. Do you really think that just because Trump is out there demanding drug tests that he isn’t on something? It could well be a case of he who smelt it dealt it.

Nothing is stopping Trump from getting his own drug test in front of the cameras, and letting an independent lab publish the results. Now who in the class, thinks that could ever happen. Show of hands? Nobody?

He’s calling for tests as a tactic. He knows damned well there won’t be any test. So he can rant and rave and make it an issue, all while being doped up himself.

By the way, if anyone does know of some drugs that would turn a doddering, unfocused old man into a clear-headed, focused leader of the free world, I’d love to know what it is. I might want some for me one day.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.1.5  Sparty On  replied to  Tacos! @6.1.4    4 months ago

Well then, drug testing it is, for both.

Lets go!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.6  Tessylo  replied to  Tacos! @6.1    4 months ago

jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.7  Tessylo  replied to  Tacos! @6.1.4    4 months ago

'he who smelt it dealt it' Good one!

That's usually the case with #34 - every rant - is projection/a confession

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.8  Tessylo  replied to  Tacos! @6.1.4    4 months ago

From the way #34 goes on, you'd think it was pcp 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
6.1.9  Tacos!  replied to  Sparty On @6.1.5    4 months ago

Again, what’s holding back Trump? If it such a big fucking deal, why doesn’t he just do it? It’s not an actual challenge if he won’t do it himself. It’s bullshit. Incredibly, people actually buy that bullshit.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
6.1.10  Ozzwald  replied to  Sparty On @6.1.2    4 months ago

EN1o5GSU4AEYBE2.png

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
6.1.11  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Ozzwald @6.1.10    4 months ago

Gee I wonder if he takes that to stop his sniffing when he talks

George
Junior Expert
6.1.12  George  replied to  Ozzwald @6.1.10    4 months ago

Sigh, This was proven to be bullshit, those packages don't have Pseudoephedrine but the chemical phenylephrine that doesn't do shit to get you high and won't make meth.  

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
6.1.13  Ozzwald  replied to  George @6.1.12    4 months ago

those packages don't have Pseudoephedrine but the chemical phenylephrine that doesn't do shit to get you high and won't make meth.  

I'm sure Trump will be happy to know he can cancel his monthly allocation of 3 cases.

CB
Professor Principal
6.1.14  CB  replied to  Tacos! @6.1.4    4 months ago
By the way, if anyone does know of some drugs that would turn a doddering, unfocused old man into a clear-headed, focused leader of the free world, I’d love to know what it is. I might want some for me one day.

PRICELESS! ;)

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.1.15  Sparty On  replied to  Tacos! @6.1.9    3 months ago

Not sure what your problem is.   I was agreeing with you.    With an extension that Biden could do the same thing.    That is, agree to drug testing if Trump gets tested as well.

But you see, while you are bagging on Trump, Biden is at least as equally culpable at spreading manure.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
6.1.16  Tacos!  replied to  Sparty On @6.1.15    3 months ago
I was agreeing with you.    

Were you, though?

With an extension that Biden could do the same thing.

Then we’re not in agreement. I don’t care if either of them get tested, and I wouldn’t require one to get tested just because the other one did.

Additionally, I am saying that if Trump really wants to make this an actual challenge - and not a dare or a stunt - then he should be tested first, without waiting for anyone else. Absent that, he has no justification - and no moral high ground - to demand anything of anyone.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.1.17  Sparty On  replied to  Tacos! @6.1.16    3 months ago
Were you, though?

I didn’t stutter.

With an extension that Biden could do the same thing.
Then we’re not in agreement. I don’t care if either of them get tested, and I wouldn’t require one to get tested just because the other one did.

Alrighty then ….

Additionally, I am saying that if Trump really wants to make this an actual challenge - and not a dare or a stunt - then he should be tested first, without waiting for anyone else. Absent that, he has no justification - and no moral high ground - to demand anything of anyone.

Good to know but opinions do vary.

evilone
Professor Guide
6.2  evilone  replied to  Sparty On @6    4 months ago
I’m going to enjoy watching “boosted” Biden.

What drug would do what you are suggesting?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.2.1  Sparty On  replied to  evilone @6.2    4 months ago

Not a doctor but I don’t know …. Ritalin, Adderall, Provigil to name a few.

evilone
Professor Guide
6.2.2  evilone  replied to  Sparty On @6.2.1    4 months ago
Not a doctor..

Then you should you be giving opinions on other people's medical state?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.2.3  Tessylo  replied to  evilone @6.2.2    4 months ago

jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.2.4  Sparty On  replied to  evilone @6.2.2    3 months ago

You asked and I answered.    One need not be a doctor to understand the purpose of meds as mentioned.    One just needs to have a modicum of reading comprehension.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7  JohnRussell    4 months ago
The former president and presumptive Republican nominee referred to Texas Republican Rep. Ronny Jackson, who was the White House physician for part of his presidency, as "Ronny Johnson.” The moment came as Trump was questioning Biden's mental acuity, something he often does on the campaign trail and social media.

I'm not sure whether this proves Trump is impaired upstairs or just doesnt give a flying fuck about Ronny Jackson, and never has. 

devangelical
Professor Principal
7.1  devangelical  replied to  JohnRussell @7    4 months ago

known as Dr feelgood in the west wing during the trump administration...