╌>

Squad member Cori Bush claimed she performed miracles, cured tumors in autobiography

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  s  •  4 months ago  •  31 comments

Squad member Cori Bush claimed she performed miracles, cured tumors in autobiography

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Far-left Squad member Rep. Cori Bush performed multiple miracles as a religious faith healer, according to her autobiography.

“As I learned how to apply God’s Word to my life in new ways, I better understood the power that was already residing in me,” Bush wrote of her abilities in “The Forerunner: A Story of Pain and Perseverance in America.”

“It was there, waiting for me to acknowledge it, to use it. I had the confidence to heal others with God’s power.”

Bush relayed a story of a toddler she met during a prayer service in St. Louis.

“The child had had a bleed in her brain, shortly after she was born, and so couldn’t walk. She had never taken a step in her life,” Bush recalled. “I carried the child from the prayer room in the back of the church out into the sanctuary . . . ‘Walk,’ I said gently to the three-year-old girl, ‘you will walk.’ And this girl took her first step. Then another, and another. She walked.

“Her grandmother walked into the sanctuary just in time to see the child take about two dozen steps. She screamed, and then she kept screaming,” Bush continued. “When she caught her breath, she looked at me in wonder and said ‘Praise God.’ She grabbed her granddaughter and walked with her out of the church.”

In another instance, Bush claimed she cured a woman racked with tumors.

“One woman whom we met had several visible tumors on her torso. She was due to have surgery but lacked health insurance and living in the park. One of the tumors was particularly painful to her. I laid hands on her and prayed, and I felt that my hand was no longer touching a tumor. It shrank along with the others on her body.

The book was released by Knopf in 2022.

But despite a full court media blitz at the time,   few people appear to have read it.

Bush has long been affiliated with a faith-healing church in Missouri, whose lead pastor told the   Washington Free Beacon   in 2021 that he cured her of coronavirus through faith healing over the phone.

Bush is currently one of the most embattled “Squad” lawmakers and is locked in a tough primary against Wesley Bell, the prosecuting attorney of St. Louis.

“I don’t think what she’s claiming happened,” said Dr. Monica Gandhi, a professor of medicine at the University of California San Francisco. “Definitely as a physician I would encourage people to seek treatment for cancer and other ailments.”

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Sean Treacy    4 months ago

. “Definitely as a physician I would encourage people to seek treatment for cancer and other ailments.”

Sound advice!

It's amazing how this has flown under the radar. Imagine if a Republican claimed to have done this.  It would be the the lead on all the late night shows, SNL etc..

Now, because she's on the team, it gets ignored. 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.1  Greg Jones  replied to  Sean Treacy @1    4 months ago

I suppose that the one who constantly rages against and demonizes "xtians" would totally accept her story.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  Sean Treacy  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1    4 months ago

Crazy that the Christian haters have been quiet about this, huh?

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1.2  devangelical  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.1.1    4 months ago

fake xtian haters...

Tacos!
Professor Guide
1.1.3  Tacos!  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1    4 months ago
I suppose that the one who constantly rages against and demonizes "xtians" would totally accept her story.

Do you accept her story?

Tacos!
Professor Guide
1.2  Tacos!  replied to  Sean Treacy @1    4 months ago
because she's on the team, it gets ignored.

I assume she’s not on your team. So, aside from the hypocrisy you seem to perceive, how do you personally react to her story?

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.2.1  bugsy  replied to  Tacos! @1.2    4 months ago
how do you personally react to her story?

Meh...I think she is a lying POS.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.2.2  seeder  Sean Treacy  replied to  Tacos! @1.2    4 months ago
So, aside from the hypocrisy you seem to percei

Do you want to argue that if MTG or Boebert or any other Republican made this claim it would be handled similarly by the media?  Lol. 

The things people take issue with...

how do you personally react to her story?

Given her history of grifting,  I'd bet that's all she's doing. She doesn't really deserve the benefit of believing she mistook a coincidence for causation, as a benign explanation for her claims. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
1.2.3  Tacos!  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.2.2    4 months ago
Do you want to argue that if MTG or Boebert or any other Republican made this claim it would be handled similarly by the media?

I didn't. I just asked you for your thoughts aside from that issue. But since you bring up MTG and Boebert, it might be interesting to consider how conservative media - or yourself even - would react.

The situation, as I see it, is that a lot of news media is both partisan and petty. They scandalous all sorts of things that are not really worthy of our attention or concern.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.2.4  seeder  Sean Treacy  replied to  Tacos! @1.2.3    4 months ago
hey scandalous all sorts of things that are not really worthy of our attention or concern.

Yeah a sitting congresswoman claiming to have supernatural powers is no big deal. Best ignore it. Just petty stuff. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
1.2.5  Tacos!  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.2.4    4 months ago
Yeah a sitting congresswoman claiming to have supernatural powers is no big deal.

That’s a weird take. It’s ok to believe in supernatural powers, but not to claim that you’ve witnessed or wielded them? Technically, God would be doing the healing.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.2.6  seeder  Sean Treacy  replied to  Tacos! @1.2.5    4 months ago
hat’s a weird take

Do you you think  humans walking  around with supernatural powers are so commonplace as to not be remarkable?  

Is there anything she could claim that you would find interesting?  IF she said she could make herself invisible? swim underwater across oceans? Turn lead into gold?  

Tacos!
Professor Guide
1.2.7  Tacos!  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.2.6    4 months ago

I’ve heard more absurd shit from any number of politicians. If you imagine that I actually care about this woman’s story, you are mistaken.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.2.8  seeder  Sean Treacy  replied to  Tacos! @1.2.7    4 months ago
If you imagine that I actually care about this woman’s story, you are mistaken.

I don't care whether you do or not.  To my knowledge, she is the first politician in American history claims to have supernatural powers.  Yet, so many militant atheists  who become hysterical at any suggestion that God exists don't seem to care that a self proclaimed miracle worker sits in the House.  I find that interesting. No one's forcing you to comment if you don't. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.9  Texan1211  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.2.8    4 months ago
Yet so many of our militant atheists are quiet

Very simple answer for that 

She's a Democrat 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.2.10  seeder  Sean Treacy  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.9    4 months ago
he's a Democrat 

Crazy how that works.  Just Like when Democratic politicians give speeches in churches, when they cite the bible to justify policy, or when church leaders endorse them from the pulpit. That fabled wall sure seems to shrink when a Democrat is involved. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.11  Texan1211  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.2.10    4 months ago

If it wasn't for double standards, what would they have?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.12  Tessylo  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.2.10    4 months ago

When do Democrat politicians give speeches in churches???????????????

Note everyone, I will not get an answer or the truth, just projection, as always.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.13  Texan1211  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.2.10    4 months ago

Wasn't the Queen in a church when she told them she always carried hot sauce with her?

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
1.2.14  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Tessylo @1.2.12    4 months ago

Tacos!
Professor Guide
1.2.15  Tacos!  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.2.8    4 months ago

Ok, well, I’m not an atheist, so I’m not responsible for their beliefs. And I can comment freely, even if my comment is that it’s not very important.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.2.16  TᵢG  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.2.8    4 months ago
Yet, so many militant atheists  who become hysterical at any suggestion that God exists don't seem to care that a self proclaimed miracle worker sits in the House.

I am an agnostic atheist (not a militant atheist ... one can only imagine what you mean by that phrase) and the idea that someone believes they witness or participate in miracles is nothing new.   There is nothing to get worked up about and certainly not "become hysterical".   My position is that I have yet to see any persuasive evidence that miracles exist.  

Nowadays, I wonder more about bizarre political beliefs than those of religious people.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2  Tacos!    4 months ago

So, I take it the Right thinks this is silly? Do conservatives here believe her? I thought the Right believed in miracles, and the power of God to heal through faith. No? Not any more? Or is it only that liberals by definition hate God and therefore it can’t be true? Just wondering. Is even faith political?

I’m a Christian but I don’t really have a generalized opinion on this kind of thing. I’ve heard some interesting stories from people who didn’t have a reason to lie to me, and I’ve even seen some things myself that make me think it could at least be possible. It doesn’t make me anti-science, though.

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
2.1  SteevieGee  replied to  Tacos! @2    4 months ago

Did she shoot her puppy?

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3  seeder  Sean Treacy    4 months ago

Cori Bush says she cured a homeless woman’s tumors by putting her hands on them. Look how the interviewer asks respectful followups. Imagine the freak out if MTG said she was a faith healer! Cue the misinformation experts. This is pathetic.

bush is one of the most corrupt members of congress not named menendez and one of the most dishonest, she pushed the Michael brown was murdered lie for years, yet these claims are treated as legitimate. Funny how that works.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4  Sparty On    4 months ago

She’s a healer?     Praise the lord and pass the potato salad ….

TᵢG
Professor Principal
5  TᵢG    4 months ago

Yet another extreme spin to present anyone who is not convinced that miracles occur as a "Christian hater".    It is a real shame that so much nowadays is blown out of proportion.

I would need some very convincing evidence to believe that a three year old extemporaneously started walking for the first time in her life as described in this seed.  

What is more likely IMO is that Bush is misrepresenting what happened or wove a tale from whole cloth.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5.1  seeder  Sean Treacy  replied to  TᵢG @5    4 months ago
t another extreme spin to present anyone who is not convinced that miracles occur as a "Christian hater"

That's a complete strawman and a bizarre (to put it kindly) distortion of what anyone has written.  

The Christian haters referred to are those who constantly attack and mock Christians, but are silent when CORI BUSH of all people  claims to work miracles.  The media would go nuclear if Bobert made these exact claims,. and anyone thinking she would be treated as respectfully as Bush was is deluded.  

TᵢG
Professor Principal
5.1.1  TᵢG  replied to  Sean Treacy @5.1    4 months ago
The Christian haters referred to are those who constantly attack and mock Christians ...

You did not define Christian haters until now.   Without a definition, the term defaults to those who do not believe what Christians believe ... such as the miracle of this seed.

The term "Christian haters" is extreme rhetoric.   Get a grip.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5.1.2  seeder  Sean Treacy  replied to  TᵢG @5.1.1    4 months ago
 Without a definition, the term defaults to those who do not believe what Christians believ

Do you really want to portray yourself as not understanding the context any better than that?

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
5.1.3  1stwarrior  replied to  TᵢG @5.1.1    4 months ago

Boolean