╌>

The Battle for the Bronx.

Category:  Op/Ed

By:  vic-eldred  •  2 months ago  •  62 comments

The Battle for the Bronx.
"Squad" member Rep. Jamaal Bowman, D-N.Y., apologized for denying that Hamas raped women and committed other atrocities during the terror group’s Oct. 7 massacre in Israel. During a Monday interview with WNYC radio, the progressive lawmaker admitted he was wrong for initially downplaying rape accusations against Hamas in the weeks after its terror attack last year. "I apologize for my comments," Bowman told a listener who asked him about his propaganda claim on air.

Normally the far left gets to dominate democrat primaries, due to a general lack of enthusiasm for primaries. That is not the case in the South Bronx as a radical congressman is fighting for his job against the moderate democrat and
Westchester County Executive George Latimer. It seems that Bowman made a lot of people angry when he doubted the Oct 7th attack was so bad or that anyone was raped or that infants were beheaded. Prior to that he is best remembered for pulling a fire alarm that would have prevented a vote from taking place, in an effort to embarrass Republicans. He walked away from that fairly easily. It may finally be time for a reckoning.

Down by about 17 points in the race for New York's 16 congressional district, Bowan has come out swinging. He got up on a stage in front of about 50 people and dropped F-bombs left and right while hoping up and down like a drunken witch doctor. He was joined by a fellow NY radical: the totally spaced-out Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. AOC stomped about the stage to the sound of a Cardi B song. Videos of the ugly event went viral:

https://youtu.be/OitA-nKSeAI?list=RDNSOitA-nKSeAI

The "hip-hop' congressman was last seen chanting "the power of the MF South Bronx."

In other news:

Top American officials, including the C.I.A. director and the secretary of state, met with Israel's defense minister in Washington. The U.S. is trying to dissuade Israel from expanding its fight with Hezbollah in Lebanon.

An Israeli strike in Gaza City killed the region’s director of ambulance services the health ministry said. Israel said it had killed a Hamas operative in the area.

A pro-Palestinian protest outside a Los Angeles synagogue turned violent as demonstrators fought with pro-Israel counter protesters. 

The WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange left prison in Britain. He agreed to plead guilty to a single felony count, ending a long battle with U.S. prosecutors.

Joe Biden is being prepared for his debate with former President Trump by 16 campaign advisors.

The mother of a Maryland woman who police say was raped and murdered by an illegal migrant ripped President Biden's indifference to the nation's border crisis in an emotional interview with Fox News Digital.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  author  Vic Eldred    2 months ago

Good morning.

The cooking of Pizza in wood fire ovens (once almost unheard-of outside Italy) has expanded throughout the country.

25themorning-nl-pizza2-jumbo.jpg

Has Pizza ever been this good?

JBB
Professor Principal
2  JBB    2 months ago

No, New York's 16th Congressional District is not anywhere near the "South Bronx". In fact, it covers Westchester County, or "Bestchester" as I call it, including exclusive suburbs of Scarsdale, New Rochelle and Rochester...

Let us not forget that this is a Democratic run off in a Democratic district! 

original

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JBB @2    2 months ago
In fact, it covers Westchester County, or "Bestchester", which includes the exclusive suburbs of New Rochelle and Rochester. 

The 16th district includes a small portion of the northern  Bronx  (specifically the neighborhood of  Wakefield ) and the southern half of  Westchester County , including the suburban cities of  White Plains Mount Vernon Yonkers New Rochelle , and  Rye . The district has the highest percentage of  Jamaican Americans , at 9.0%, out of any congressional district in New York, due to the large Caribbean population in the north Bronx. [3]

New York's 16th congressional district - Wikipedia

You would think that one of you would know what the district includes.

JBB
Professor Principal
2.1.1  JBB  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1    2 months ago

You should know NY's 16th includes none of the South Bronx!

It includes only the very bougie Pelham section of The Bronx...

George
Junior Expert
2.1.2  George  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1    2 months ago

So it only includes a very small portion of the Bronx, that explains why this moron will get replaced, if it included a larger portion of the Bronx, like the complete Morons in the majority of the Bronx who think AOC is a good choice he probably would get re-elected. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JBB @2.1.1    2 months ago
You should know NY's 16th includes none of the South Bronx!

I didn't say it did.

Your guy Bowan said it!

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
2.1.4  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.3    2 months ago

For somebody who is supposed to be a former school principal, Bowman really comes off as someone who is just not very bright at all. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.5  Texan1211  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @2.1.4    2 months ago
Bowman really comes off as someone who is just not very bright at all. 

he might be above-average for where he is.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
2.1.6  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.5    2 months ago

True.

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.1.7  Krishna  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1    2 months ago

The 16th district includes a small portion of the northern  Bronx...

It would seem that some people unfamiliar with the area that the Bronx is the Bronx--- North Bronx or South Bronx-- no difference, after all its the still "The Bronx". 

But for the most part, the Southern portion of The Bronx is generally a fairly poor area. The Northern part has some very well to do areas.

Adjacent to the Bronx on the North is Westchester county-- which is mixed but has a fair number of fairly upscale areas.

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.1.8  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @2.1.7    2 months ago
But for the most part, the Southern portion of The Bronx is generally a fairly poor area. The Northern part has some very well to do areas. Adjacent to the Bronx on the North is Westchester county-- which is mixed but has a fair number of fairly upscale areas.

I don't remember the date-- or the exact boundary changes, but fairly recently there was a re-districting-- IIRC the district boundaries, both N and S were moved northward.

All in all most of those areas are mainly Democratic.

So normally the district should be overwhelmingly Democratic. But Bowman is either not too bright-- or just a bit insensitive. because of this , I think he will lose the primary, and "the Squad" will lose a member.

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.1.9  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @2.1.7    2 months ago
North Bronx or South Bronx-- no difference, after all its the still "The Bronx".

"Unimportant But Interesting":  Most place name in NYC and the surrounding area are English, but there are two other types that are obviously not English in origin. 

1. Dutch: Names like Bronx, Flushing, Spuyten Duyvil, Haarlem,  Bowery, Bleeker, Gansevoort, Stuyvesant, Paerlstraat (now Pearl Street), Bushwick, Amsterdam,  ...

2. American Indian names: (Manahatta, Merrick, Wantagh, Massepequa, Copiague., Matinecock, Cutchogue, etc.

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.1.10  Krishna  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @2.1.4    2 months ago
For somebody who is supposed to be a former school principal, Bowman really comes off as someone who is just not very bright at all. 

I've known a few prinicpals-- most were not particularly bright.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
2.1.11  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Krishna @2.1.10    2 months ago

I read a long time ago that some teachers are born to teach, while those that cannot teach become administrators.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.12  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @2.1.4    2 months ago

He didn't even know what his district included.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.13  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Krishna @2.1.7    2 months ago
But for the most part, the Southern portion of The Bronx is generally a fairly poor area.

Which is the part Bowman wanted to somehow represent.

I'm just glad he got beat.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
2.1.14  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.13    2 months ago

Yep, one less bigot in office in DC.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3  author  Vic Eldred    2 months ago

Rumors are swirling that Trump's VP pick might just be Vivek Ramaswamy.

I'd be surprised.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
3.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Vic Eldred @3    2 months ago

So would I. Talk about throwing your chances away..................still say Nikki would be the best choice.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
3.1.1  Snuffy  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @3.1    2 months ago

I agree, Nikki would be the best choice for VP but Trump won't pick her which is a shame. With her as his VP, he could approach Reagan levels with the Electoral College votes.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3.2  Sean Treacy  replied to  Vic Eldred @3    2 months ago

s VP pick might just be Vivek Ramaswamy

That would be a terrible choice. Haley is the clear cut best choice, but pretty much anyone is better than him. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.2.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.2    2 months ago

I would have gone with Tulsi Gabbard.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
3.2.2  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.2.1    2 months ago

Can't disagree with that.................at ALL

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3.2.3  Sean Treacy  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.2.1    2 months ago
ould have gone with Tulsi Gabbard.

Much better than Ramaswamy. 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3.2.4  Ronin2  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.2.1    2 months ago

Same. Tulsi Gabbard.

At least she is a real moderate former Democrat. Which might appeal to moderate and women voters who think Democrats have jumped the shark once too often.

Not Haley; who is trying to curry favor with the Establishment again. (Basically she is for sale to whomever can help her political career the most at the given time. Including Democrats as the primary proved.)

Besides, whomever is Trump's VP will have no chance at getting elected president in 2028. 

I wouldn't trust Haley not to turn on Trump if she was VP to try and save her own political future.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
3.2.5  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Ronin2 @3.2.4    2 months ago
Basically she is for sale to whomever can help her political career the most at the given time.

Worked for Harris LMAO

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.2.6  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ronin2 @3.2.4    2 months ago

I think she compliments Trump perfectly.

She is soft spoken, methodical, appeals to moderate democrats and men as well as women.

George
Junior Expert
3.2.7  George  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @3.2.5    2 months ago
Worked for Harris

Perfect story on how to get ahead by giving head.

MrFrost
Professor Guide
3.2.8  MrFrost  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.2.1    2 months ago

I would have gone with Tulsi Gabbard.

Russian patriot of the year! 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.2.9  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  MrFrost @3.2.8    2 months ago

Says Hillary Clinton.

Krishna
Professor Expert
3.2.10  Krishna  replied to  Ronin2 @3.2.4    2 months ago
Basically she is for sale to whomever can help her political career the most at the given time

Unlike most politicians, who would never, ever do anything like that!

Krishna
Professor Expert
3.2.11  Krishna  replied to  George @3.2.7    2 months ago
Perfect story on how to get ahead by giving head

Monica Lewinsky?

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
4  Just Jim NC TttH    2 months ago

OMG what a shit show that was LMAO

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5  Sean Treacy    2 months ago

If you show this to the founders at Philadelphia, do they say "what's the point" and  give up go home?

It is exactly this sort of mindless demagoguery from idiots they worried would ruin the republic.  

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
6  Jeremy Retired in NC    2 months ago
Down by about 17 points in the race for New York's 16 congressional district, Bowan has come out swinging. He got up on a stage in front of about 50 people and dropped F-bombs left and right while hoping up and down like a drunken witch doctor. He was joined by a fellow NY radical: the totally spaced-out Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. AOC stomped about the stage to the sound of a Cardi B song.

All in front of their "massive" crowd of about 50 people.  

Top American officials, including the C.I.A. director and the secretary of state, met with Israel's defense minister in Washington. The U.S. is trying to dissuade Israel from expanding its fight with Hezbollah in Lebanon.

Maybe they should be talking to the terrorists in Lebanon not to attack.  I mean, have they seen what Israel did to the country of the last terrorist attack?

Snuffy
Professor Participates
6.1  Snuffy  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @6    2 months ago

Is this maybe the start of kicking these extremists to the curb and electing more moderates? I would love to see that happen.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
6.1.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Snuffy @6.1    2 months ago

Would be good to see this happen on both sides.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
6.2  Ronin2  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @6    2 months ago

Gaza is a country? 

Better not let Israel hear you say that.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
6.2.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Ronin2 @6.2    2 months ago
Gaza is a country? 

Some of the lower IQ people seem to think so.  As far as I'm concerned, it's a terrorist hideout.

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.2.2  Krishna  replied to  Ronin2 @6.2    2 months ago
Gaza is a country?  Better not let Israel hear you say that.

Since Israel ended its occupation of Gaza (way back in 2005) the inhabitants of Gaza have had self rule. So IMO they are a de facto country/

Of course they would never admit that because they can't claim victimhood.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7  author  Vic Eldred    2 months ago

BTW: Congrats to the Florida Panthers

25themorning-nl-hockey-mflj-jumbo.jpg
Champions.  Sam Navarro/USA TODAY Sports, via Reuters

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
7.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Vic Eldred @7    2 months ago

My team wasn't in it so I am impartial to who won.

Was kind of hoping the Oilers would pull of the comeback from being down 3 games (something that hasn't been done since 1942).  But it's good to see the Panthers get their 1st Stanley Cup!!!!!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @7.1    2 months ago

I know somebody on a terrible losing streak. He told me to bet Edmonton. I don't know what the line was.

I should have just kept betting against him.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
7.1.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Vic Eldred @7.1.1    2 months ago

Game 4 - 6 I was siding with Edmonton.  They beat the hell out of Florida.  It raised expectations that last night was going to be a good game.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.1.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @7.1.2    2 months ago

That explains it. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
7.2  Krishna  replied to  Vic Eldred @7    2 months ago
Congrats to the Florida Panthers

The battle for the Bronx!!! jrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gif

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8  author  Vic Eldred    2 months ago

Breaking news:

Rep.  Jamaal Bowman , D-N.Y., became the first member of the progressive group of House lawmakers known as “the squad” to lose a primary challenge in the 2024 cycle on Tuesday night, after suffering a bruising defeat to a more moderate Democratic candidate in his Bronx-area district.

Jamaal Bowman becomes first member of the 'Squad' to lose 2024 primary as Democrats divide over Israel (yahoo.com)

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.1  Texan1211  replied to  Vic Eldred @8    2 months ago

That's a good thing!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Texan1211 @8.1    2 months ago

Let's just say he alienated a lot of Jewish voters.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
8.1.2  Gsquared  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.1.1    2 months ago

He did.  His defeat certainly gives the lie to the ridiculous contention some make that American Jews hate Israel.

Latimer is a moderate Democrat, which is where most Democrats are.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8.1.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Gsquared @8.1.2    2 months ago
His defeat certainly gives the lie to the ridiculous contention some make that American Jews hate Israel.

I don't know who you are talking about, it wasn't me. My contention is that most American Jews were brought up in a liberal tradition and never look to the left when bad things happen.

As for this election: it was a primary election. Jewish voters still had a democrat alternative to an antisemite. I'll give them an A when they can vote against Joe Biden who has bowed to the antisemites on the radical left.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
8.1.4  Gsquared  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.1.3    2 months ago

Your contention is that you know better than the majority of Jewish voters.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8.1.5  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Gsquared @8.1.4    2 months ago

My contention is that one should never point a loaded gun at oneself.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8.1.6  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.1.5    2 months ago

These loving democrats will be missed

qT_32eEf?format=jpg&name=small

Gsquared
Professor Principal
8.1.7  Gsquared  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.1.6    2 months ago

I'm glad Latimer won.  I prefer moderate Democrats for the most part.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9  author  Vic Eldred    2 months ago

Breaking news:

Rep. Lauren Boebert, R-Colo., won her GOP primary on Tuesday, NBC News projects, after deciding to run in a different district than the one where she narrowly won re-election in 2022. 

240624-Lauren-Boebert-al-1256-25d4c9.jpg

Boebert defeated five other Republicans for the party’s nomination in Colorado’s 4th District, which opened up after Rep. Ken Buck announced earlier this year that he would resign. She will now be heavily favored to win the seat in the general election given the area’s rightward lean. 

Lauren Boebert wins Colorado Republican House primary (nbcnews.com)

Gsquared
Professor Principal
9.1  Gsquared  replied to  Vic Eldred @9    2 months ago

Boebert really comes across as someone who is exceptionally stupid, although she might be above-average for where she is given the area's rightward lean.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Gsquared @9.1    2 months ago

She benefited from facing multiple candidates and being the only one with national name recognition.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
9.1.2  Gsquared  replied to  Vic Eldred @9.1.1    2 months ago

Yes, she did, although her name recognition comes with a lot of negative baggage.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9.1.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Gsquared @9.1.2    2 months ago

Evidently, not in the opinion of everyone.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
9.1.4  Gsquared  replied to  Vic Eldred @9.1.3    2 months ago

There are a lot of crazy people out there.  She is one example

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
9.1.5  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Gsquared @9.1.4    2 months ago

When you’re a celebrity, you can grab’em by the Johnson.