╌>

Trump Reignites Long-Running Feud With ‘Highly Overrated’ Bill Maher

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  krishna  •  3 months ago  •  8 comments

By:   Matt Wilstein Senior Editor

Trump Reignites Long-Running Feud With ‘Highly Overrated’ Bill Maher
The former president lashed out at the late-night host after he defended Joe Biden from ageist attacks.

Photo: Kevin Winter/Getty Images

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

More than a decade after he   sued   comedian   Bill Maher   for $5 million for joking that he was the spawn of an orangutan,   Donald Trump   has found a new reason to be furious at the late-night host.

“Bill Maher, the highly overrated ‘Star’ of the ratings challenged show with the Fake, Loud and Obnoxious laughter pouring out of your set every few seconds, even when nothing was said that was funny (which is most of the time!), suffers from a terminal case of Trump Derangement Syndrome, sometimes referred to as TDS,” Trump posted on Truth Social over the weekend. “Republicans should stop using him as a reference point, his show is dead!”

The outrage seemed to be in reaction to Maher’s somewhat unexpected defense of President   Joe Biden   on his HBO show   Real Time   Friday night amidst a barrage of deceptively edited   “cheap fake”   videos intended to emphasize his age.

In response to a video that purported to show Biden having   some sort of accident   at a D-Day celebration, Maher joked, “I mean, he may be number two in the polls, but he wasn’t pooping his pants.” And, referencing another video in which Biden   supposedly “froze” on Juneteenth   the host said, “Everybody's dancing and he’s not. Good! He shouldn’t be dancing! He’s 82! You look like an idiot when you try to dance.”

And yet, all of this did not stop Trump from sharing an   out-of-context clip   moments later from this week’s   Real Time   of former New York Governor   Andrew Cuomo   suggesting that the hush money case would never have been brought against the former president if he wasn’t running for another term.

Trump conveniently left out the subsequent part of that discussion when Maher and Cuomo agreed that the American people instead deserve to see him stand trial for “trying to overthrow the government of the United States.”

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Krishna    3 months ago

The former president lashed out at the late-night host after he defended Joe Biden from ageist attacks.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @1    3 months ago

Being 87 myself I resent attacks on octogenarians.

Krishna
Professor Expert
2  seeder  Krishna    3 months ago

“Bill Maher, the highly overrated ‘Star’ of the ratings challenged show with the Fake, Loud and Obnoxious laughter pouring out of your set every few seconds, even when nothing was said that was funny (which is most of the time!), suffers from a terminal case of Trump Derangement Syndrome, sometimes referred to as TDS,” Trump posted on Truth Social over the weekend.

“Republicans should stop using him as a reference point, his show is dead!”

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @2    3 months ago

Hard for me to comment about Mahar since I've not watched his show for around 20 years.

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.1.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.1    3 months ago
Hard for me to comment about Mahar since I've not watched his show for around 20 years.

I wonder if he's changed?

I haven't watched his TV show in years-- actually for several decades!

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.1.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @2.1.1    3 months ago
I haven't watched his TV show in years-- actually for several decades!

On TV.

But in recent years, every so often I come across a link to one of his shows. 

It seems he often tries to be controversial just for the sake of being controversial (probably in hopes of increasing viewship).

But occasionally I've been surprised-- he sometimes says some very perceptive things.

Krishna
Professor Expert
3  seeder  Krishna    3 months ago

Trump conveniently left out the subsequent part of that discussion when Maher and Cuomo agreed that the American people instead deserve to see him stand trial for “trying to overthrow the government of the United States.”

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @3    3 months ago

With all the bullshit going on about Fani Willis that's not likely to be tried until 2025.