╌>

Oklahoma stores selling ammo through vending machines

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  jbb  •  3 months ago  •  67 comments

By:   Josh Wallace (KOCO)

Oklahoma stores selling ammo through vending machines
Automated ammunition vending machines have recently been installed inside several grocery stores across Oklahoma and Alabama.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Automated ammunition vending machines have recently been installed inside several grocery stores across Oklahoma and Alabama.

By Josh Wallace

The machines, created by American Rounds, offer ammo to be purchased without engaging with a store clerk. They "are accessible 24/7, ensuring that you can buy ammunition on your own schedule, free from the constraints of store hours and long lines," according to the company's website.

Tyler Hammerlein An American Rounds vending machine at the Super C grocery store in Noble, Oklahoma. Photo taken Saturday. Tyler Hammerlein The American Rounds automated vending machine offers a variety of different ammunition.

The company states that the machines are equipped with "the latest AI technology" with card scanning and facial recognition software to verify the identity and age of each buyer.

The company states that its system ensures all transactions comply with federal and local regulations.

Grant Magers, with American Rounds, said there are no limitations on the amount of ammunition you can purchase, other than when the machines run out of stock. He estimated restocking taking place every two to four weeks, depending on sales.

Magers said the ID scanners are the same used by the Transportation Security Administration at airports and that the machines use multi-point facial recognition to ensure that the photo on the ID matches the person attempting to buy the ammo.

In order to purchase ammunition, the buyer must be 21 or older, as Magers said different states have age restrictions on the purchase of certain types of ammo. He said the company decided to err on the side of caution to be in alignment with the law across the country.

As far as record keeping, Magers said different states require transactional records be kept on ammunition, saying some could require records to be kept for months and other states require records kept for years.

He said transactional data is always required to be kept and said residents should check their state's laws to find out more information on how long those records are required to be kept.

Magers said no information collected during the purchase is shared, and that it is solely for the purpose of age verification.

Since installing the machines, Magers said sales have been great, with increased sales month-over-month. He said many are having good experiences with the machines and becoming return customers.

The machines sell a variety of handgun, rifle and shotgun rounds, according to photos sent in Saturday from a KOCO 5 viewer who visited a store in Noble.

In an X, formerly Twitter, post from June 27, the company posted a video showing two recent installations of the machines at Super C Mart grocery stores in Oklahoma. The company also listed two stores in Alabama as having the machines.

This content is imported from Twitter. You may be able to find the same content in another format, or you may be able to find more information, at their web site.

And another two dropped... Thank you Super"C" Mart American Rounds... coming to a local grocer near you.
Check us out online at https://t.co/0mQ93rz6gvpic.twitter.com/EmjwCU6oSu

— americanrounds (@americanrounds) June 27, 2024

The company's website lists vending machine locations in Kingston, Lindsay, Noble and Wetumka.

Magers said the company has expanded to other states, including new machines being installed in Colorado and Texas and that they are looking to expand further in Oklahoma.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JBB
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JBB    3 months ago

More MAGA Madness from Oklahoma!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @1    3 months ago

Why is this madness anymore than McDonalds having kiosks to order through?

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
1.1.1  afrayedknot  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1    3 months ago

“…madness…”

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  afrayedknot @1.1.1    3 months ago

"...McDonald's..."

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
1.1.3  Right Down the Center  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.2    3 months ago

It is not.  Just the daily "let's get outraged about this" story.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.2  Greg Jones  replied to  JBB @1    3 months ago

Thanks to Obama, Biden, and the radical agenda of the far-left progressives, more people own and are buying guns than ever before.

It's not just MAGA (whatever that is), but people of all types and stripes, and is happening in every state of the union.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.2.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Greg Jones @1.2    3 months ago

No, Greg, it's not because of Obama and Biden, it's because of a combination of The Second Amendment, the NRA, the Arms Manufacturers and the SCotUS.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
1.2.2  Right Down the Center  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.2.1    3 months ago

I seem to recall the more the left talked about going for guns the more guns were sold to get them before the left made them too hard to get.  All time record sales happened during those periods.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.2.3  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Right Down the Center @1.2.2    3 months ago

What a life it must be where you have to have a gun to protect your home, your family and yourself.   Tell me about it, cause I've never known what that is like.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.2.4  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.2.3    3 months ago

Nobody wants to tell me what it's like to HAVE to have a gun?  

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
1.2.5  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.2.4    3 months ago

After reading the question, I'm trying to decide if my possession of firearms is needing one or wanting one.

Though needing one can arise at any ungiven time , wanting one, well that depends on the person and how they plan on using it.

Need is also subjective to both the individual and their location and situation , I would think.

charger 383
Professor Silent
1.2.6  charger 383  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.2.4    3 months ago

If somebody is on your deck at night trying to get in you would know what it is like to HAVE to have a gun.  Only happened once. 

When seconds count 911 can get you help in minutes.   

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.2.7  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  charger 383 @1.2.6    3 months ago

I guess it is somewhat of a necessity when one lives where crime is so plentiful.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
1.2.8  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.2.7    3 months ago

Would you say some people would have thought it a nessesity on October 7th?

I would be willing to bet, after things started in a bad way, many wanted one in the case I'm thinking.

charger 383
Professor Silent
1.2.9  charger 383  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.2.7    3 months ago

I scared him off. That was a long time ago and before I got my first Dobermans

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.2.10  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @1.2.8    3 months ago

So your belief is so strong that everyone must be armed,.  Maybe where you are, but not where I am.  Nobody needs a gun when nobody has a gun.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
1.2.12  Right Down the Center  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.2.3    3 months ago

Would you rather have a gun and not need it or need a gun and not have it? 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.2.13  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Right Down the Center @1.2.12    3 months ago

I will never again be where I would want or need a gun - so I have no reason to have a gun.  Therefore I cannot answer your riddle - it's a conundrum YOU have to deal with, one I don't even have to think about.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
1.2.14  Right Down the Center  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.2.13    3 months ago

That is good for you.  I don't have to deal with it either.  I wanted a gun and I bought one.  I don't think about it unless I want to go target shooting or clean it. Funny how my wanting a gun seems to bother you alot more than it does me.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
1.2.15  Right Down the Center  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.2.4    3 months ago

Maybe no one feels that they HAVE to have a gun.

charger 383
Professor Silent
1.2.16  charger 383  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.2.13    3 months ago

Fire extinguishers, spare tires and extra keys are things like a gun that when you need them you really need them.  Best to be prepared in case some problem you don't want to have to deal with happens.  I really don't want to have to use any of those items, but I need them just in case. 

charger 383
Professor Silent
1.2.17  charger 383  replied to  Right Down the Center @1.2.15    3 months ago

We have the right to have a gun

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.2.18  Sparty On  replied to  charger 383 @1.2.16    3 months ago

The difference being; I’m not going to use any of those things as an enjoyable activity.     No heading to the range to fire a fire extinguisher or roll a spare tire.

Shooting is a fun activity many just simply enjoy.

I know, oh the humanity.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
1.2.19  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.2.10    3 months ago

Well I haven't said that's a belief of mine, you can think that, but it would be untrue and wrong.

About as true as the nobody needs a gun if no one has one at the end of your post.

The human species is most likely the most untrustworthy species on the planet, just doing away with guns will not change their violent nature or keep them from committing violent acts against another.

There are quite a few people , and a number of them on this very site i wouldnt trust with a sledgehammer and a watermelon , let alone a fire arm .

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
1.2.20  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Sparty On @1.2.18    3 months ago
Shooting is a fun activity many just simply enjoy.

Good point , i do enjoy going to the range and simply finding out just how far away i can consistently hit a marked target within my own set parameters .

Current rifle , started out hitting where i could hit a 1/2 inch dot 8 out of 10 times all the time @ 300 yards . that distance is now 750 Yards , that is both an improvement and an achievement for some one my age , granted a lot of it has to do with my choice of optics i have chosen .

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
1.2.21  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.2.13    3 months ago
I will never again be where I would want or need a gun

Sounds like you have found your Xanadu  or Shangri-La , im happy for you , very few find that space . Some people live their whole lives and never achieve that .

RDCs question is not a riddle , it is simply a question of choice and what choice you would make if it ever came to pass, i would say you already answered the question to your own satisfaction for yourself .

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
1.2.22  Right Down the Center  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.2.13    3 months ago
I will never again be where I would want or need a gun

Until you do

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.2.23  Sparty On  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @1.2.20    3 months ago

I used to be able to do that but the eyes and steadiness ain’t what it used to be.    I’m a C.O.M shooter at 750 now.    I won’t hit a silver dollar in a pocket but they ain’t going anywhere afterwards I promise you that

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.2.24  Sparty On  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @1.2.19    3 months ago
There are quite a few people , and a number of them on this very site i wouldnt trust with a sledgehammer and a watermelon , let alone a fire arm .

Hallelujah brother!

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
1.2.25  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Sparty On @1.2.23    3 months ago

i attribute me being able to do it to optics and a decent shooting rest ,  and knowing my current  capabilities, some things can be compensated for . 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.2.26  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Right Down the Center @1.2.14    3 months ago
"Funny how my wanting a gun seems to bother you alot more than it does me."

To a minimal amount that depends on why a gun is even wanted.  Yes, if it's for sport that isn's such a bad thing, but the fact that the main reason people have guns is considered a necessity for defence purposes, is so sad that it is NEEDED for defence purposes.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.2.27  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  charger 383 @1.2.16    3 months ago

You're in America and you are absolutely right, I'm sad to say.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.2.28  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Sparty On @1.2.18    3 months ago
"Shooting is a fun activity many just simply enjoy."

I know that.  I was my high school rifle marksman champion.  But I would venture to suggest that most gun owners have them for defence, and it is so unfortunate that it HAS to be for defence.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.2.29  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @1.2.19    3 months ago
"About as true as the nobody needs a gun if no one has one at the end of your post."

I agree with your opinion that the human species can be violent, and I think it's proven pretty well everywhere, but if I'm going to be attacked, at least I have a chance of defending myself unless the attacker has a gun and doesn't have to be close to me to use it.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
1.2.30  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.2.28    3 months ago

Must be your am there good morning.

Just googled how many hunting lics are sold in the US,last year available is 2020 @ 15.2 million.

I will grant that most are likely had for defense but also serve other purposes as well at the same time.

How many are multi purpose and multi functional in use no one can tell.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.2.31  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @1.2.21    3 months ago
"Sounds like you have found your Xanadu  or Shangri-La , im happy for you."

Yes I have, thank you.  For myself perhaps, but that does not mean I don't fear for the safety of my son and his young family in Milwuakee.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
1.2.32  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.2.29    3 months ago

So much I could say about that statement, about having some sort of chance.

About the only chance you would have , is to submit to their demands and hope they go away without harming you or another , or try to run away.

Personally I like more options open to me.

Your concern for family is understandable of course.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.2.33  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Right Down the Center @1.2.22    3 months ago
"Until you do"

LOL  I doubt there will be a change in present circumstances for the remaining few years of my life.  There are absolutely no signs of it.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.2.34  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @1.2.30    3 months ago

Thank you, and a good evening to you, Mark.  

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.2.35  Sparty On  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.2.28    3 months ago

Defense is one use for some of the weapons I own.    Not the main purpose.    Not even close really.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.3  Sparty On  replied to  JBB @1    3 months ago

Oh the humanity!

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
1.4  Right Down the Center  replied to  JBB @1    3 months ago

Then by all means don't  buy it.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2  Sparty On    3 months ago

Right between the Morning after Pill and Condom vending machines

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
3  Hal A. Lujah    3 months ago

Next step: bump stocks in the arcade claw machines.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1  Texan1211  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @3    3 months ago

Cool!

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
3.2  Right Down the Center  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @3    3 months ago

Good time to get in on the ground floor.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4  Texan1211    3 months ago

Is THIS what we are supposed to be outraged about today?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1  Sparty On  replied to  Texan1211 @4    3 months ago

The Democrats “oops” moment.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  Sparty On @4.1    3 months ago

Maybe this is just a deflection from Biden and his mental health.

GregTx
Professor Guide
4.1.2  GregTx  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.1    3 months ago

Or maybe it's a result of it...

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.3  Sparty On  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.1    3 months ago

You lie down with dogs you get up with fleas

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
4.1.4  Right Down the Center  replied to  Sparty On @4.1    3 months ago

As good a reason as anything else they have been coming up with

charger 383
Professor Silent
5  charger 383    3 months ago

I have said ATF should be a convince store, this is the start of that 

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
6  Right Down the Center    3 months ago

"The company states that its system ensures all transactions comply with federal and local regulations."

Non story

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
6.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Right Down the Center @6    3 months ago

They have to freak out about something.  This just happens to be the "shiny object" they chose.

squiggy
Junior Silent
7  squiggy    3 months ago

Gonna put one beside every ballot box.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
7.1  Ronin2  replied to  squiggy @7    3 months ago

Democrats don't vote in person anyways; so they won't get triggered.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
7.1.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Ronin2 @7.1    3 months ago

Don't want them hearing an opposing view or opinion.  God forbid they have to face actual facts.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
8  Buzz of the Orient    3 months ago

If they're selling ammo in vending machines, I wonder how long it will be before you can get a pistol that way.  

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
8.1  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @8    3 months ago

In the future, scooter rentals will come with a loaded gun compartment you can unlock for an extra fee.

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
8.1.1  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @8.1    3 months ago

Scoot-by shootings might b a hit with the younger set here in our nation’s Capital District.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
8.1.2  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @8.1.1    3 months ago

They’ll be known as drive by scootings.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
8.1.3  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Hal A. Lujah @8.1.2    3 months ago

Better than Amish drive bys , less noisy too

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
9  Mark in Wyoming     3 months ago

What was a meme and a joke 10-15 years ago on some of the firearms discussion sites I use to frequent , has become a reality.

And the joke is far older than that, was a member of a gun range that as a joke had an old time gum ball machine filled with .22 ammo, and that was 40 yrs ago.

Remembering what the discussion of what gun control advocates reactions would be , was spot on judging from what I see here.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
9.1  Sparty On  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @9    3 months ago
an old time gum ball machine filled with .22 ammo,

Would be a helleva bargain that’s for sure.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
10  Gsquared    3 months ago

Are they putting them in school cafeterias?  Right under a poster of the 10 Commandments would be nice.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11  Texan1211    3 months ago

What is the problem with this?

Any legitimate complaints, or just irrational commentary?