╌>

Judgement day for DEI

Category:  Op/Ed

By:  vic-eldred  •  2 months ago  •  158 comments

Judgement day for DEI
“I’m very conscious, as I sit in this chair now, of making sure that we need to attract diverse candidates and ensure that we are developing and giving opportunities to everybody in our workforce, and particularly women,” Cheatle told CBS News last year.

Link to quote: Secret Service DEI policies under scrutiny after Trump assassination attempt - Washington Examiner

I think it is time to cover a story that is getting neglected a bit due to the recent blockbuster news stories. First, I want to thank members who were right on the president's withdrawal from the 2024 race yesterday (my colleague from the great state of Texas and the man who lives in the shadow of Mt Airy, who recently opened the door to this story.)

Today U.S. Secret Service Director Kimberly Cheatle will have to testify under oath before a House Committee concerning her agency's failure to prevent a would-be assassin from wounding Republican Presidential candidate Donald Trump earlier this month. Not to mention the killing of one man and the serious injury to two others. The beleaguered Secret Service chief who is facing calls for her resignation from top Republicans is due to appear before the House of Representatives Oversight and Accountability Committee at 10 a.m.

MS Cheatle has had held various positions within the Secret Service for over 25 years but was a particular favorite of the Bidens. As president Joe Biden awarded her a "Presidential Rank Award" for "exceptional performance."

The indisputable facts:

1) The July 13 shooting at an outdoor campaign rally in Butler, Pennsylvania, wounded Trump in the ear, killed one rally attendee and injured another. The suspected shooter, Thomas Crooks, was killed by law enforcement.

2) The suspect was able to get within range of Trump on the rooftop of a nearby building because of security lapses at Cheatle's agency.

3) Onlookers spotted the suspicious man on the roof and notified police before the shooting.

4) Three snipers assisting the Secret Service were inside the very building that the shooter used during the campaign rally. 

There are other controversial aspects to the case. The FBI has been very tightlipped about their investigation and on Wednesday FBI Director Christopher Wray will appear before the House Judiciary Committee.

As per usual with all of Biden's far left appointees, MS Cheatle refuses to step down. 

The larger issue of DEI appointments is front and center as Kamala Harris attempts to take control of the democrat's presidential race without a single primary vote.

In the news:

President Biden made the unprecedented decision to withdraw from the 2024 presidential race Sunday, throwing the Democratic Party into chaos. Democrats must formally nominate a replacement for Biden by August 7.

Biden immediately endorsed Vice President Kamala Harris to replace him. The Clintons and several other top Democrats followed suit, but there are key holdouts. Former President Obama and former Speaker Nancy Pelosi have yet to endorse Harris

Some health care providers hope to overcome issues with the distribution of methadone - a drug used to treat opioid addiction with a fleet of mobile vans.

Senator Bob Menendez’s lawyers plan to appeal his bribery conviction.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  author  Vic Eldred    2 months ago

Good morning.

Yesterday Joe Biden released this typed letter, signed by him as his way of telling the American people he was ending his campaign:

GTCXPC4aQAAkh2S?format=jpg&name=large

He released it on X (formerly Twitter.)

No reasons given and Biden has remained at home.

Hallux
Professor Principal
1.1  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 months ago

Compared to Trump's mendacious and misanthropic midnight missives, some sanity.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hallux @1.1    2 months ago

Unfortunately, Trump is absent from the news right now.

Hallux
Professor Principal
1.1.2  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.1    2 months ago

Really, he's not flashing his new beige Band-Aid?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hallux @1.1.2    2 months ago

The article is about Kimberly Cheatle

Hallux
Professor Principal
1.1.4  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.3    2 months ago
The article is about Kimberly Cheatle

Which is why you started off the conversation with Biden's resignation letter? Just following your lead, Vic.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.5  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hallux @1.1.4    2 months ago

Yes, Biden's letter.

Any thoughts?

Hallux
Professor Principal
1.1.6  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.5    2 months ago
Any thoughts?

I stated them in 1.1 ...

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.7  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hallux @1.1.6    2 months ago

Cheatle: "A range finder is not a prohibited item."

Hallux
Professor Principal
1.1.8  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.7    2 months ago

Are you trying to 'cheatle' your way into or out of your own article?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.9  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hallux @1.1.8    2 months ago

I'm trying to Jordan my way forward:

Hallux
Professor Principal
1.1.10  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.9    2 months ago

Jordan goes nuclear on everything, it's his schtick.

Hallux
Professor Principal
1.1.11  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.9    2 months ago
I'm trying to Jordan my way forward:

Take the train.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.12  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hallux @1.1.11    2 months ago
Take the train.

I'll be sitting with Kamala and her husband:

GTD-GNFWIAAKZYp?format=jpg&name=small

Good company?

Hallux
Professor Principal
1.1.13  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.12    2 months ago
Good company?

Them or you? 

Having attended the same high school as Kamala, she and I would certainly have more to talk about.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.14  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hallux @1.1.13    2 months ago

Did you both ride the yellow school bus?

That little girl was her.

MrFrost
Professor Guide
1.1.15  MrFrost  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.9    2 months ago

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
1.1.16  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  MrFrost @1.1.15    2 months ago

Are the inmates behind Jordon serving time because of Sen Biden’s 94 Crime Bill or Harris’ “Top Cop” prosecutions?

Hallux
Professor Principal
1.1.17  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.14    2 months ago

[]

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.2  devangelical  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 months ago
The larger issue of DEI appointments is front and center as Kamala Harris attempts to take control of the democrat's presidential race without a single primary vote.

uh oh, sounds like the convicted felon and insurrectionist party wanted another old white guy to run against trump ...

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  devangelical @1.2    2 months ago

I thought democracy required votes.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.2.2  devangelical  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.1    2 months ago

the official D process takes place next month, and unlike the one last week, it won't require public groveling, demonstrations of fealty, and a laughable display of melodrama with a pathetic clown serving as ringmaster.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  devangelical @1.2.2    2 months ago

I am quite sure that Pelosi & Obama are hoping it will be at least half as good as the RNC Convention was.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.2.4  JohnRussell  replied to  devangelical @1.2.2    2 months ago

Tiffany Trump is still looking for a hug. Maybe she'll show up in Chicago and get one from Obama or Gretchen Whitmer. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.5  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @1.2.4    2 months ago

What a disgusting comment.

George
Junior Expert
1.2.6  George  replied to  JohnRussell @1.2.4    2 months ago

Safer than getting one from Joe.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.2.7  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.5    2 months ago

Well , her father shunned her at his coronation so I think it is not a disgusting comment. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.8  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @1.2.7    2 months ago
so I think it is not a disgusting comment. 

Of course you don't.

Leave the children out of it.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.2.9  devangelical  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.3    2 months ago
I am quite sure that Pelosi & Obama are hoping it will be at least half as good as the RNC Convention was.

the only thing missing from the RNC pep rally for morons was the sieg heils, although the prompted chants came pretty close.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.10  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  devangelical @1.2.9    2 months ago

Let us see how much unity democrats will have.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.2.11  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.8    2 months ago

Is Trump a child?  He's the one that shunned her. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.12  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @1.2.11    2 months ago

Leave the kids alone.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.2.13  JohnRussell  replied to  devangelical @1.2.9    2 months ago

Trump was getting off on all the "he-men" calling him a warrior. 

A bunch of sweaty wannabe gladiators auditioning before the emperor. 

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.2.14  devangelical  replied to  JohnRussell @1.2.13    2 months ago

hasbeens and wannabes, sucking his dick and bending their knees...

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.2.15  devangelical  replied to  JohnRussell @1.2.4    2 months ago
Tiffany Trump is still looking for a hug.

she's tougher than she looks. you wouldn't want to get between her and a dessert tray...

Hallux
Professor Principal
1.2.16  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.1    2 months ago
I thought democracy required votes.

According to Orban it just needs the right counters; I'm guessing he handed over his illiberal tipsheet to his wannabe.

Hallux
Professor Principal
1.2.17  Hallux  replied to  devangelical @1.2.15    2 months ago
you wouldn't want to

What you don't want to do is listen to her sing (she's on Youtube).

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.18  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hallux @1.2.16    2 months ago

I think you mean Stalin.

MrFrost
Professor Guide
1.2.19  MrFrost  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.12    2 months ago

Leave the kids alone.

Like you left Obama's kids alone? Not a prayer. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.20  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  MrFrost @1.2.19    2 months ago

Correct.

I never said anything about Obama's family.

You just say anything?

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
1.2.21  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  MrFrost @1.2.19    2 months ago

Exactly, pay back, the American way.

An eye for an eye, sayeth the cold man.

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
1.2.22  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  devangelical @1.2    2 months ago

I’m sure you are right, they would have liked Bernie Sanders as an opponent.  If unable, Lizzy Warren would do.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.23  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.2.22    2 months ago

It is sad. The only person Joe Biden fired was Joe Biden.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.2.24  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.23    2 months ago

The right wing grieving process for Joe Biden's campaign is becoming grating. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.25  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @1.2.24    2 months ago

I'd offer you a drink, but I just can't get it to you.

OIP.-8PWzd5b-cWQheG88yGklwHaE8?w=258&h=180&c=7&r=0&o=5&pid=1.7

Have a good night.

Hallux
Professor Principal
1.2.26  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.18    2 months ago
I think you mean Stalin.

I don't, it is not conclusive that Stalin ever said that.

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.2.27  Kavika   replied to  devangelical @1.2    2 months ago

No matter the education or training and work to attain a position we are told we don’t belong and we attained the position by DEI. It must sooth the beast for the them to fall back on that racist trope. I had to wonder how many of them gained their position by DEI?

Igknorantzruls
Freshman Quiet
1.2.28  Igknorantzruls  replied to  Kavika @1.2.27    2 months ago
had to wonder how many of them gained their position by DEI?

some seem to forget that old white guy was a nod and a wink for so many now crying about being discriminated against, if they are, I feel no pity, 250 so years of being first in line is pretty much what i recall

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.2.29  JohnRussell  replied to  Kavika @1.2.27    2 months ago
I had to wonder how many of them gained their position by DEI?

There are (what seems like) eternal arguments about "white privilege". One of the bases of "white privilege" as anti-racists have defined it is that being white means you never have to think about your race. You are the American "default" ethnicity and so you can go through everyday life knowing that nothing is stopping you. If you get pulled over by a cop its because of something you did not because you looked superficially suspicious, etc. 

America IS going to continue to become more diverse, it is demographics and destiny.  We can do it the easy way or I guess do it the hard way.  

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
1.2.30  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JohnRussell @1.2.29    2 months ago
One of the bases of "white privilege" as anti-racists have defined it is that being white means you never have to think about your race.

I'm not sure what you mean by "anti-racists" but I'm not pro-racists.  I use my privilege to see race as an artificial man-made construct without a scientific basis. Perhaps like religion, some people believe in race just because man has for a thousands of years,

There aren't set global criteria for defining race, different societies have a flexible  way in which to bin people into groups based on appearance indifferent to the lack of  biological or cultural distinctions.  For example, “Color” lines based on skin tone can shift, many here will call people from the Mid-,East, people of color, or brown people as if that category had any sort of scientific basis.

The truth is that geographic ancestry is not the same thing as race. African ancestry, for instance, does not tidily map onto being “black”, what race should be assigned to someone with an African/Jamaican/Indian/European ancestry?

Some folks incorrectly conclude that “racial” differences in health, wealth, and all manner of other outcomes are the inescapable result of genetic differences or we may hear a sports announcer commenting on a black athlete's 'natural abilities'.

Many here enjoy making fun of religious believers, yet I never see similar disdain expressed to racial believers.  I read that more than half of Americans still believe that their racial identity is determined by information contained in their DNA. The facts is that dividing people into races neither explains nor describes human genetic variation.

America IS going to continue to become more diverse, it is demographics and destiny. 

Completely agree, yet this old, unscientific notion of racial genetics doesn't die.

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.2.31  Kavika   replied to  Igknorantzruls @1.2.28    2 months ago

Correct and now the ball less bigots whine about how they are discriminated against, a true herd of cowards.

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.2.32  Kavika   replied to  JohnRussell @1.2.29    2 months ago

And yet they whine about DEI when they have enjoyed that white privilege for centuries in this country. Poor bigots need a pat on the head and a lollipop.

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.2.33  Krishna  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.18    2 months ago
I think you mean Stalin.

Or . . . maybe Putin?

(A little gem from days of your....from deep in the long dank interior vaults of the YouTube of yesteryear!)

PUTIN: BLUEBERRY HILL WITH PIANO SOLO AND 42 SCANTILY CLAD ROCKETTES!

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.2.34  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @1.2.33    2 months ago
42 SCANTILY CLAD ROCKETTES!

Well, OK-- I lied about the Rockettes. 

But I just wanted to try to get people away from their rubber gloves with couch pillow feat!

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.2.35  bugsy  replied to  Kavika @1.2.27    2 months ago

Biden himself, in May, said Kamala is a DEI hire

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.2.36  Kavika   replied to  bugsy @1.2.35    one month ago

If that were true (you didn’t post a link) why would you believe him since the right has stated that Biden incapable mentally and suffering from dementia. 
was it a lie from the right that he is incapable or is it a lie that Harris was a DEI pick. Seems the right lies so much that the lies contradict each other.

George
Junior Expert
2  George    2 months ago

The people that work for and with President Biden in the Whitehouse found out he was leaving the race via X, Class move Joe.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  George @2    2 months ago

One has to wonder.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3  JohnRussell    2 months ago

Will Trump debate Kamala Harris?  It would be must see tv, but Trump is likely too risk adverse to expose himself in that way. It would the the closest thing we will ever see to Trump being cross examined by a prosecutor and a great danger to him winning the election. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @3    2 months ago

I'm sure he will not only debate her but totally defeat her.

Don't forget to shut of the mic.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3.2  Ronin2  replied to  JohnRussell @3    2 months ago

You think Trump is afraid of Kamala Harris? jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

Harris who proved during the Democrat primaries in 2020 that she isn't up to any debate. She had one good line- and that was calling Biden a racist.

But it was   the spell-binding moment when she challenged Joe Biden   over his invocation of working with former colleagues who were segregationists and his record on busing that will be replayed hundreds of times.

With a withering series of questions and an emotional allusion to the fact that she was one of those little girls who rode those buses, Harris went a long way toward proving to Democratic voters that she can – as she often tells audiences – fiercely prosecute the case against Trump.

In this case, Biden was her foil.

While CNN was gushing over Harris over her one jab at Biden; and bashing Trump (which every Democrat did in the primaries- NBC laid it out flat.

WASHINGTON — Kamala Harris had one great day in her ill-fated 2020 presidential campaign: her first.

Then came a rapid collapse.

The freshman senator who announced her candidacy in January 2019 before 20,000 cheering supporters in Oakland, California, dropped out in December before a single vote had been cast.

By the time she quit, Harris lacked money, a message and a cohesive campaign operation — all ingredients of a successful candidacy.

It was a hard fall for someone whose youth and biracial identity evoked the appeal of the last Democratic president, Barack Obama.

“I have mixed emotions about it,” her rival and the eventual winner, Joe Biden, said upon   hearing she had withdrawn   from the Democratic nomination contest. He called her a “first-rate intellect.”

Harris' own people feared her debating Vance.

Ashley Etienne,   a former communications director for Vice President Harris, said Sen.   JD Vance   (R-Ohio) would be the greatest threat on a debate stage to her former boss.

“I think JD Vance would pose the greatest threat to Kamala Harris,” Etienne told CNN’s   Laura Coates   in response to a question during an interview Friday.

“I mean, he’s an incredible debater. I think he has this quality that makes him seem palpable to that 1 to 2 percent that actually might vote or that’s undecided, that will actually pay attention to the debates because most people don’t pay attention to the debates.

“I think he’s just got a quality about him where he’s super smart and sharp and quick-witted. I just think they’d like it, I think it’s going to be a challenge to see the two of them face-to-face. I mean, maybe it’s just me, but I think he’s gonna be the greatest threat,” she added.

The queen of cackle in a debate against anyone not named Biden is a joke.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.2.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Ronin2 @3.2    2 months ago

Harris is a prosecutor and Trump is someone whose lawyers have been terrified to let testify.  You figure it out. 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3.2.2  Ronin2  replied to  JohnRussell @3.2.1    2 months ago

This isn't a courtroom.

There is no TDS driven Democrat judge running a kangaroo court; restricting evidence and witnesses; and hand picking a jury to get a predetermined outcome.

Maybe you should go back to the disaster that was Harris during the 2020 Democrat primary debates?

Moderators would have to put a time limit on Harris' cackling. 

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
3.2.3  Ozzwald  replied to  Ronin2 @3.2.2    2 months ago
There is no TDS driven Democrat judge

You mean a non-MAGA judge.

running a kangaroo court

Translation: any court not predisposed to acquit Trump.

restricting evidence and witnesses

How dare the judge restrict evidence and witnesses to the case at hand.

hand picking a jury to get a predetermined outcome.

Then perhaps Trump's lawyers should not have hand picked that particular jury?

MrFrost
Professor Guide
3.2.4  MrFrost  replied to  Ronin2 @3.2.2    2 months ago
and hand picking a jury to get a predetermined outcome.

Next time just admit you have NO IDEA how our judicial system works. Wow.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3.2.5  Tacos!  replied to  Ronin2 @3.2.2    2 months ago
This isn't a courtroom.

If Kamala has any sense, she’ll turn it into one. She should be reminding everyone that her opponent is a convicted felon, been found liable for fraud, sexual assault, and defamation. And she should repeat it about every minute or so.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3.2.6  Ronin2  replied to  Ozzwald @3.2.3    one month ago
You mean a non-MAGA judge.

I clearly stated what I meant. A TDS driven judge. There are many examples- like any judge out of New York.

Translation: any court not predisposed to acquit Trump.

Translation. Any court with a predetermined outcome to automatically convict Trump and twist evidence to do so.

The Manhattan judge deciding   Donald Trump’s fate at his civil fraud trial   Monday stood by the $18 million valuation of the former president’s sprawling Mar-a-Lago estate — despite real estate experts blasting the estimate as “utterly delusional.”

Justice Arthur Engoron again rejected Trump’s claims that Mar-a-Lago is worth $1 billion in favor of the much lower valuation issued by local Florida officials.

However, Engoron implored the media to stop reporting that he’d been the one to value the golf club and resort at $18 million — the low end of a determination made by the Palm Beach assessor that has   left many real estate industry insiders perplexed .

One prominent Palm Beach real estate broker labeled the valuation “utterly delusional” to The Post.

“Please, press, stop saying that I valued it at $18 million,” Engoron pleaded, as the trial   kicked off in Manhattan Supreme Court   in New York Attorney General Letitia James’ $250 million lawsuit against the former president, the Trump Organization and sons Eric Trump and Donald Trump Jr.

The judge interjected the comment as Trump lawyer Alina Habba had been repeating during her opening remarks that the Palm Beach estate would sell for roughly $1 billion — a figure that Engoron   rejected last week in a bombshell ruling .

In his decision, Engoron — who is deciding the trial rather than a jury — cited a local Palm Beach County official saying the country club had been assessed at a range of between $18 million and $27 million between 2011 and 2021.

In the same decision, Engoron rejected Trump’s expert’s valuation that the Florida estate was worth $1.5 billion, finding the expert’s opinion “unexplained and unsubstantiated ‘dream[s.]'”

Industry experts were left scratching their heads at the Palm Beach assessor’s seemingly low estimation, claiming that the resort would list closer to $300 million.

How dare the judge restrict evidence and witnesses to the case at hand.

How dare a judge try to restrict testimony from an FEC official who knows federal campaign finance law far better than he ever will.

Justice Juan Merchan has sharply limited what Trump's planned expert witness can testify about.

Trump's defense team wants to call election law expert Brad Smith to testify about federal campaign finance law. But the judge ruled this morning that allowing Smith to testify expansively on that topic would supplant the judge's role to determine what the law is.

“There is no question this would result in a battle of the experts, which will only serve to confuse, and not assist, the jury,” Merchan declared near the beginning of today's court session.

Merchan did not block Trump from calling Smith, a former member of the Federal Election Commission. But the judge said he’d be restricted to the basics of the FEC and to “general definitions and terms” in campaign finance law, like what counts as a contribution or expenditure.

Trump’s defense wants Smith to testify about the FEC’s policy that expenses that exist “irrespective” of a candidacy are not deemed to be campaign expenditures — evidently as part of an argument that the hush money payment to Stormy Daniels wasn’t campaign-related under federal law.

Trump lawyer Emil Bove complained to Merchan that prosecutors have focused their case for felony convictions in a way that makes federal campaign law more pivotal than it appeared before the trial. “We’re still in a very strange situation because of the way the government has structured these business-record charges,” Bove said.

Prosecutor Matthew Colangelo said there was no surprise because the DA’s office laid out in a court filing last November that it might argue that the enhancement to a felony was the result of Trump alleging attempting to violate federal law.

Trump’s lawyers did not rule out calling Smith despite Merchan’s ruling. The judge said he wanted to see in writing the likely testimony before that happens.

Or restrict testimony from a key witness that proves how full of shit prosecution star witness Cohen is.

But before Costello even took the stand, the prosecution and defense argued over what he should be able to answer. Prosecutor Susan Hoffinger   asked the judge to limit his testimony to discussing two occasions when Cohen, on the stand, had failed to recall what happened. She said   Costello should not be allowed to testify on “matters of credibility.”

The defense countered that Costello’s testimony was crucial because it rebutted Cohen’s suggestion that his interactions with Costello formed part of a wider pressure campaign by Trump against him.

Bove : Our position — and we’re seeking to bring this out through the testimony of Mr. Costello — is that Mr. Cohen lied about his interactions with Bob Costello, and he lied about his state of mind in this time frame.

After weighing both sides, the judge ruled that there were limits to how much the lawyers could ask Costello about the alleged pressure tactics.

Merchan : I will give you some latitude to explore the pressure campaign so that you can elicit some inconsistencies, so you can offer some rebuttal of Mr. Cohen’s testimony.   But I’m not going to allow this to become a trial within a trial as to whether or not there was, in fact, this pressure campaign and how it affected Cohen. That’s not the purpose of this trial, and I don’t want it to become that.

Once Costello took the stand, the judge repeatedly sustained the prosecution’s objections, preventing the defense from asking specific questions on at least 14 different occasions.

Protecting a convicted perjurer and criminal what a fine example of judgehood. 

How dare a judge restrict Trump's testimony on the witness stand due in the slander case? Or award excessive damages far beyond the scope of the law?

Or when a judge tells a jury they don't need to all agree on the same crime being committed- they just have to say he is guilty of one.

Trump is charged with 34 felony counts of falsifying business records. Merchan instructed the 12 deliberating jurors that they must reach a unanimous verdict on each of those felony counts.

The wrinkle in the story has to do with the multiple findings jurors have to make in order to convict Trump on any of the counts.

Because Trump was charged with felonies, in order to convict him jurors must conclude not only that he falsified business records, but also that his purpose in falsifying them was to either commit or conceal another crime.

Prosecutors have alleged Trump falsified the records in order to interfere in the 2016 presidential election using "unlawful means." They have alleged Trump used three different unlawful means:

• Violating federal campaign finance laws through a hush money payment to adult film star Stormy Daniels;
  • Falsifying yet another business record under New York law, such as bank records tied to former Trump fixer Michael Cohen's payment to Stormy Daniels' lawyer; and
  • Violating New York tax laws.

Jurors must agree Trump used some unlawful means to interfere in the election, according to Merchan, but they don't need to agree on which means it was.

"Although you must conclude unanimously that the defendant conspired to promote or prevent the election of any person to a public office by unlawful means, you need not be unanimous as to what those unlawful means were," Merchan  instructed .

Then perhaps Trump's lawyers should not have hand picked that particular jury?

With TDS driven New Yorkers there is no such entity as an unbiased jury.

Sixty of 96 potential jurors were quick to say they could not be impartial after proceedings began on Monday.

Jury selection continues on Tuesday, and could take up to two weeks.

The dismissals on day one were an indication of how challenging it could be to find a group of 12 impartial jurors for such a unique case. It concerns a high-profile sex scandal that involves a former president who is running once again for the White House.

"I just couldn't do it," one prospective juror was heard saying as she left court.

Now hop, hop, hop along to your next kangaroo trial.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3.2.7  Ronin2  replied to  MrFrost @3.2.4    one month ago

Tell that to this TDS driven Democrat judge.

Looking at the jury box, one can understand Shaw’s unease.  During jury selection , one juror admitted he was a Clinton donor and could only promise to “strive for impartiality as best I can.” Prosecutors objected to his being seated, but Judge Christopher Cooper overruled them. 

In another exchange, a former bartender and donor to far-left Rep.   Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez   (D-N.Y.) was told by a Sussmann defense lawyer that neither Clinton nor Trump were on trial and then asked if she could be impartial. She responded, “Yes, knowing that” — which might suggest she would not be impartial if the campaigns were part of the trial. 

Other jurors include a woman who said she thought she was a Clinton donor but could not remember; a juror whose husband worked for the Clinton 2008 campaign; and a juror who believes the legal system is racist and police departments should be defunded. 

But hey, always good when the jury foreperson calls trial a "waste of time".

“Personally, I don’t think it should have been prosecuted because I think we have better time or resources to use or spend to other things that affect the nation as a whole than a possible lie to the FBI. We could spend that time more wisely,” said the foreperson of the jury in Sussmann’s case, according to Politico. “The government had the job of proving beyond a reasonable doubt,” added the foreperson, who declined to give her name. “We broke it down...as a jury. It didn’t pan out in the government’s favor.”

Which goes along with his limiting of evidence.

But hey whatever it takes to make Democrat kangaroo courts go.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3.2.8  Ronin2  replied to  Tacos! @3.2.5    one month ago

But Trruuummmmppppp!!!!!!

Kamala and Democrats have no achievements to brag about or stand on their own with.

Their only hope is to make this about Trump and hope voters forget what they have done during the last 3 plus years.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
3.2.9  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Ronin2 @3.2.8    one month ago

jrSmiley_28_smiley_image.gif     jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3.2.10  Tacos!  replied to  Ronin2 @3.2.8    one month ago
But Trruuummmmppppp!!!!!!

He’s the option on Election Day. Of course, they’re going to say something about him. WTF do you expect? That’s how elections work.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3.3  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @3    2 months ago

Her word salad comments are of no concern to Trump. She has no grasp of the issues that are important to the American people.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.3.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Greg Jones @3.3    2 months ago

She has a long record first of her own and secondly with Joe Biden.

She will have to defend it.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3.3.2  Tacos!  replied to  Greg Jones @3.3    2 months ago
Her word salad comments

Have you seen Trump talk about sharks? The only person who rambles more than Trump isn’t running anymore.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3.3.3  Ronin2  replied to  Tacos! @3.3.2    one month ago

Try again.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3.3.4  Tacos!  replied to  Ronin2 @3.3.3    one month ago

Talk to the hand. This guy is the pinnacle:

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3.4  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @3    2 months ago
Will Trump debate Kamala Harris? 

There is a second debate scheduled.  Will Harris step up or cower?

devangelical
Professor Principal
3.4.1  devangelical  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @3.4    2 months ago

the only debate kamala has scheduled is with vance. but it would be fun to watch an experienced prosecutor take down a convicted felon on live TV where proper debate rules can be enforced. I look forward to reading the rwnj spin here when trump invents excuses to avoid debating her, since probably no one in his campaign will allow it because of his ignorance.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3.4.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  devangelical @3.4.1    2 months ago
the only debate kamala has scheduled is with vance.

If she's the candidate, that debate is now scratched.  She should step in to the debate that was scheduled between Trump and Biden.  

but it would be fun to watch an experienced prosecutor take down a convicted felon 

Trump has already shown he knows how to handle hookers.  It would be fun to watch him take her down.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.4.3  JohnRussell  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @3.4.2    2 months ago
Trump has already shown he knows how to handle hookers. 

Other than paying them a lot of money how has he "handled" them ?

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3.4.4  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @3.4.3    2 months ago

And in true Democrat fashion she will come running with her hands out for the money.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.4.5  JohnRussell  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @3.4.4    2 months ago

I dont think Kamala Harris wants any of trump's money. 

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3.4.6  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @3.4.5    2 months ago

So she's going to return Trumps donation to her campaign from 2011?

devangelical
Professor Principal
3.4.7  devangelical  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @3.4.6    2 months ago

maybe he should sue...

cjcold
Professor Quiet
3.4.8  cjcold  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @3.4.2    2 months ago

Trump handles hookers by paying them off.

GregTx
Professor Guide
3.4.9  GregTx  replied to  cjcold @3.4.8    2 months ago

Well yeah, that's how 99.9% of those that use the services of hookers do it. I excepted .1% because I'm sure there's some bartering on occasion....

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
3.4.10  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  cjcold @3.4.8    2 months ago
Trump handles hookers by paying them off.

Of course, most clients do.  Should they cheat hookers?

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3.4.11  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  cjcold @3.4.8    2 months ago

There is the "donation" Trump made to her...

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3.4.12  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  devangelical @3.4.7    2 months ago

Or use it as a campaign item.

devangelical
Professor Principal
3.4.13  devangelical  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @3.4.2    2 months ago
Trump has already shown he knows how to handle hookers.

... in usually less than 3 minutes, at 1000x the going rates.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
3.4.14  cjcold  replied to  devangelical @3.4.13    2 months ago

The distinction between paying them and paying them off.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3.5  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @3    2 months ago
 would be must see tv, but Trump is likely too risk adverse to expose himself in that way. 

Did you never hear of her before today?

Krishna
Professor Expert
3.6  Krishna  replied to  JohnRussell @3    2 months ago
will ever see to Trump being cross examined by a prosecutor

No need for that-- he's already been tried...and convicted.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4  JohnRussell    2 months ago

Harris has said to a nationally known media figure off the record  last night -

"this is going to be a street fight and I am ready".

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @4    2 months ago

Does that mean she will call Trump a "racist" like she did to Biden?

George
Junior Expert
4.1.1  George  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1    2 months ago

I wonder if she will follow Obama’s advice and bring a gun? Or has that already been tried by Biden?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  George @4.1.1    2 months ago

She said she doesn't have details in front of her.

devangelical
Professor Principal
4.1.3  devangelical  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1    2 months ago

no need to restate what's been obvious for 50+ years...

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.4  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  devangelical @4.1.3    2 months ago

Please state it.

Kavika
Professor Principal
4.1.5  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1    2 months ago

It would be fitting if she did.

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
4.2  Right Down the Center  replied to  JohnRussell @4    2 months ago
street fight

Funny, if Trump said this the left would be screaming he is promoting violence.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.2.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Right Down the Center @4.2    2 months ago

I'm wondering when all the democrat chaos will end.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
4.3  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @4    2 months ago
"this is going to be a street fight and I am ready".

So she's a street walker?

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
4.3.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Greg Jones @4.3    2 months ago

George
Junior Expert
4.3.2  George  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @4.3.1    2 months ago

OIP.H6nO-_FRTW6JmXSza0R_UQHaG0?w=176&h=180&c=7&r=0&o=5&dpr=1.3&pid=1.7

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5  author  Vic Eldred    2 months ago

BTW, the Hearing on the Secret Service failure is currently being carried by Fox News and C-Span 2.

The fact that CNN and MSNBC are not covering the House Oversight Committee hearing on the Secret Service failure on July 13th speaks volumes.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @5    2 months ago

Would that that be like when Fox never covered the J6 hearings ? 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1    2 months ago

Link please.

I recall that they did.

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
5.1.2  Right Down the Center  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1    2 months ago

Why the need to make stuff up?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.4  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.3    2 months ago

From your own link:

The network chose to air it on its business channel, the Fox Business Network, instead.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1.5  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.4    2 months ago

Fox News did not cover it live. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.6  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.5    2 months ago

You said they didn't cover it:

Would that that be like when Fox never covered the J6 hearings ?

Hallux
Professor Principal
5.1.7  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.4    2 months ago
The network chose to air it on its business channel, the Fox Business Network, instead.

Would that be due to FOX News out performing FOX Business 10-1 in viewership?

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.1.8  Krishna  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.1    2 months ago
Link please.

If it never happened then there are no links to it happening. 

(But you already knew that).

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.9  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Krishna @5.1.8    2 months ago

Post 5.1.4 proves that they did cover it on their business station.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6  author  Vic Eldred    2 months ago

GTGLAhmXoAAqpRR?format=png&name=small
"My name is Kimberly Cheatle."

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7  author  Vic Eldred    2 months ago

Rep. Jamie Raskin spent his opening statement talking about gun control. That tells you where democrats are going.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8  author  Vic Eldred    2 months ago

Cheatle is already clinging to "there is an ongoing investigation, so I can't answer."

I think she is in for a hell of a day

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @8    2 months ago

She has said she has been in the Secret Service for 29 years , and worked on the details of both Democrat and Republican protectees.  The right wing committee will have little success portraying this as a partisan failure. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1    2 months ago

I think they are simply going to say she wasn't qualified to be Secret Service Director.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
8.1.2  Snuffy  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1    2 months ago

I haven't heard anybody trying to pass this off as a partisan failure, but a failure of the USSS trying to do their job. The USSS is responsible for all planning and execution to protect past and current presidents and in this instance they failed completely. There's nothing in their failure that is the result of partisan shit. 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
8.1.3  Ronin2  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1    2 months ago

It is a failure directly on her. Her inability to assign the proper amount and competent agents; not advance planning the local (complete and utter BS about the roof being slanted. The assassin had no problem shooting from it); and the direction she wants to move the agency (it should be the best people regardless of race, sex, religion, etc- not DEI hires). 

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
8.1.4  Right Down the Center  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1    2 months ago

You are thinking there was no lapse in Secret Service coverage and she is not ultimately responsible?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9  author  Vic Eldred    2 months ago

Rep Comer says, "some of us don't have a lot of confidence in the FBI."

I think many people have zero confidence in the FBI.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
9.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @9    2 months ago

I agree. Conspiracy loons. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @9.1    2 months ago

No, victims.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
9.1.2  Ronin2  replied to  JohnRussell @9.1    2 months ago

Didn't you make a statement that the FBI and Secret Service were in the tank for Trump?

Despite all of the evidence showing otherwise.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
10  author  Vic Eldred    2 months ago

Look out!

Here comes Jim Jordan!

Hallux
Professor Principal
10.1  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @10    2 months ago
Here comes Jim Jordan!

And still looking like he spent the day sniffing shorts in a locker room.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
10.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hallux @10.1    2 months ago

Cheatle dodged his question about whether the Trump team requested additional resources

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
10.1.2  Right Down the Center  replied to  Hallux @10.1    2 months ago
And still looking like he spent the day sniffing shorts in a locker room

So much for the maturity level of some comments

Hallux
Professor Principal
10.1.3  Hallux  replied to  Right Down the Center @10.1.2    2 months ago
So much for the maturity level of some comments

Just keeping up with the pace setters, you know them one and all and yet ignore those tossing muck from the 'right' side of the tracks.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
11  author  Vic Eldred    2 months ago

Here is Elenor Norton to tell us about the Civil Rights Movement.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12  author  Vic Eldred    2 months ago

Now democrats are coming after Cheatle. They want her to say we need more "gun control."

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
12.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Vic Eldred @12    2 months ago
Now democrats are coming after Cheatle

I've caught bits and pieces of her testimony and Democrats and Republicans alike are tearing her apart.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @12.1    2 months ago

I almost felt sorry for her, but I remembered how defiant she was.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
12.1.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Vic Eldred @12.1.1    2 months ago

I didn't feel sorry for her.  She showed up completely unprepared and couldn't answer simple questions.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.1.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @12.1.2    2 months ago
She showed up completely unprepared and couldn't answer simple questions.

I expect nothing more from a Biden appointee.

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
13  Nerm_L    2 months ago

DEI doesn't have one damned thing to do with the attempted assassination of Trump.  Republicans are lying their asses off like any Democrat would to cover their own ass.  The core problem is that Republicans want to run everything on the cheap.  Cutting corners on essential services might make sense under Mitt Romney pirate business ethics but it's the idiot's way to run the government.  The typical Republican don't know shit from Shinola about running a business; that's why so many businesses go out of business under Republican leadership.  A closed business is a failure and nothing else.  Republicans are supposed to be trying to turn the page on bullshit like this.  If Republicans are confused then they should ask a Teamster.

How can the Secret Service recruit agents without money, benefits, and support?  If something does happen, Republicans will kick the agents' asses around the room to cover their own ass.  If the Secret Service increased its force size to provide necessary coverage for these events then Republicans would pull Gingrich's balls off the wall to B&M about all the money being wasted.  The Republican House is directly and fully responsible for the attempted assassination of Donald Trump.  Period.  

Republicans need to stop acting like Democrats and grow a pair.  Man up.  Take responsibility for your own stupid politics.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
13.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Nerm_L @13    2 months ago

I thought secret service agents were supposed to be big enough to protect the President.

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
13.1.1  Nerm_L  replied to  Vic Eldred @13.1    2 months ago
I thought secret service agents were supposed to be big enough to protect the President.

Well then, we need to elect smaller Presidents don't we?  And, of course, the heads of those tall boys are bullet proof.

Look at the picture.  Where do you think the threat is located?  There isn't any coverage on the right side of that picture.  The right side is not where there are layers of bodies to provide cover.  Those agents know what they are doing.  Do you know?

Each and every one of those agents put their lives on the line.  They weren't sitting on a butt embossed leather chair and pretending they knew what they were talking about.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
13.1.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Nerm_L @13.1.1    2 months ago
Each and every one of those agents put their lives on the line. 

I don't deny that, but clearly the 3 agents who were stationed downstairs in the very building the shooter used, should have been on the roof.

It isn't about funding. It is about competence.

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
13.1.3  Nerm_L  replied to  Vic Eldred @13.1.2    2 months ago
I don't deny that, but clearly the 3 agents who were stationed downstairs in the very building the shooter used, should have been on the roof.

Those 'agents' weren't Secret Service; they were local rent-a-cops from the reporting I saw (which may have been updated).  The sniper that killed Crooks was not Secret Service and may not have been Federal law enforcement.  The Secret Service doesn't have the manpower to provide that kind of coverage.  

These small town police forces don't have a military budget like big cities do.  Places like Butler, PA, can't afford a paramilitary police force.  And fiscal conservatives are going to complain about using taxpayer money to provide adequate coverage.  Right now it is illegal to use campaign funds to pay for security so a candidate is stuck with whatever Congress is willing to fund.  And Republicans in Congress have consistently tried to run government on the cheap.  We're hoping that era is coming to an end.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
13.1.4  Sean Treacy  replied to  Nerm_L @13.1.3    2 months ago
ese small town police forces don't have a military budget like big cities do. 

Does it take a military budget to climb a roof? Or for the secret service to perform basic coordination on site?

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
13.1.5  Greg Jones  replied to  Nerm_L @13.1.3    2 months ago
"The Secret Service doesn't have the manpower to provide that kind of coverage."
Says who? The Dems seem to throw government funds at all kinds of causes, worthy or not.

Did Jill Biden's little get together indoors need twice as many agents as the outdoor Trump rally did?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
13.1.6  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Nerm_L @13.1.3    2 months ago

She refused to step down and Biden refused to fire her.

She was pretty much savaged by both sides today.

I found it interesting that she said the Secret Service currently protects 36 individuals.

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
13.1.7  Nerm_L  replied to  Vic Eldred @13.1.6    2 months ago
She refused to step down and Biden refused to fire her.  She was pretty much savaged by both sides today.  I found it interesting that she said the Secret Service currently protects 36 individuals.

I only saw bits and pieces of Cheatle's testimony.  The Congress critters were asking for a lot of operational details that couldn't be provided at a public hearing.  (No surprise there; it's a common dirty trick.)  And there are still details dribbling out that I hadn't heard before.

Cheatle's resume suggests that she knows what she is doing.  The response to the shooter suggests that proper resources were available and coverage was adequate.  The problem (or fault) seems to lie with the risk assessment of the threat environment.  It appears that the planning relies upon chatter (social media, electronic communications, shopping patterns, etc.) to assess the threat level which would influence the amount of resources and type of coverage that would be needed.  Crooks wasn't flying under the radar; Crooks avoided the radar altogether.  And the operational setup didn't adjust.  It's kinda the same thing that happened with the Chinese spy balloon (or whatever it was).

Biden firing Cheatle or accepting her resignation would be a political admission he screwed up which ain't gonna happen, especially where Trump is involved.  Biden is going to blame Trump for being forced out so there's no incentive to give an inch.  Cheatle is pretty much stuck because she has to worry about her retirement benefits.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
13.2  Sean Treacy  replied to  Nerm_L @13    2 months ago
EI doesn't have one damned thing to do with the attempted assassination of Trump

Did you watch Cheatle's testimony? Do you think she's the most qualified person for the job? 

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
13.2.1  Nerm_L  replied to  Sean Treacy @13.2    2 months ago
Did you watch Cheatle's testimony? Do you think she's the most qualified person for the job? 

No, I didn't see the testimony.  Read my comments again, I'm not defending Cheatle.  But I'm not going to stand by and allow the agents on the fire step to be bad mouthed, either.  There weren't any shirkers in that group of agents.

If you got something against Kimberly Cheatle then okay.  That's her job.  But don't act like a chickenshit Democrat and attack the front line agents just to get Cheatle.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
14  Tacos!    2 months ago
Cheatle refuses to step down

Why should she?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
14.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tacos! @14    2 months ago
Why should she?

In a word: incompetence.

With that I'm going to say good night.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
14.1.1  Tacos!  replied to  Vic Eldred @14.1    2 months ago

Shit happens in all departments. We don’t fire the police chief because a crime was committed. If an investigation shows failure by her specifically, I’ll be happy to see her quit or be fired. But I don’t support mindless scapegoating.

evilone
Professor Guide
15  evilone    2 months ago

Kimberly Cheatle has resigned. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
15.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  evilone @15    2 months ago
Kimberly Cheatle has resigned. 

AMEN!

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
15.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  evilone @15    2 months ago

Now put in somebody that can answer simple questions about the department can fill the void.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
16  Sean Treacy    2 months ago

Itis interesting to watch the hysterics from the left over DEI. Even when someone is undeniably a DEI appointment (kamala harris),  many progressives will strenuously deny it.  Judging by their denials whenever a beneficiary is pointed out, no one has ever benefited from it. That makes it even more bizarre they've designed their whole ideology around it. Their arguments are so divorced from reality they start throwing Nazi and "reactionary" labels at those who oppose the government or private actors discriminating on the base of race, gender or sexual orientation. 

Think about it.  These blueanon followers believe Nazis are the ones who oppose racial discrimination and other forms of biological determinism.  It's impossible to make up something so ass backward.

But the neo-confederates trying to legalize race based discrimination know how incompatible their ideology is with the core American concept that  people should be judged by the content of their character/performance/skill level and not the color of their skin. This cognitive dissonance is what leads to the bizarre denials when it is pointed out that someone is a DEI beneficiary.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
17  Jeremy Retired in NC    2 months ago
“I’m very conscious, as I sit in this chair now, of making sure that we need to attract diverse candidates and ensure that we are developing and giving opportunities to everybody in our workforce, and particularly women,” Cheatle told CBS News last year.

She hit every key word except QUALIFIED.