╌>

internet astrologer predicts next US president after prophesying the exact date of Biden's exit

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  krishna  •  2 months ago  •  124 comments

By:   By Bhavika Rathore

internet astrologer predicts next US president after prophesying the exact date of Biden's exit
she saw Donald Trump would be the next president of the USA because of his strong Sun sign.

Who is Amy Tripp?

From NDTV:

Amy Tripp is an astrologer and a licensed therapist. According to her   website , she has a Master's degree in Social Work from New York University and has studied and qualified as an ISAR (International Society of Astrological Research) certified astrologer. She actively engages in professional organisations such as NCGR (National Council for Geocosmic Research) and AFA (American Federation of Astrologers). 

I give her a C- or maybe a B+. Her predictions re: timing are very good. However predicting Trump will be the next president "because he has a strong Sun sign" isn't necessarily accurate IMO. Why? Because lots of people have strong Sun signs-- they all aren't going to be the next president!

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Astrologer, Amy Tripp prophesied the exact date  US President   Joe Biden  will turn cut his election campaign short and now has a new future to tell. The clairvoyant said she saw  Donald Trump  would be the next president of the USA because of his strong Sun sign. She also predicted that an assassination attempt on Trump was just the beginning and there might be more “crazy things to come” in the former’s near future.

Tripp said, “Uranus is on his [Trump] mid-heaven which shows … unpredictability with his career and goals.”

On August 11, 2020, Tripp predicted in a post on the microblogging platform that Vice President Kamala Harris will run for the presidency in 2024. She analysed, “A moon-Pluto connection signals a strong woman,” as the reason for her prediction about Harris.

She was also very determined that the 59-year-old would win the nomination because she is currently enjoying the return of the second Saturn. She said, “It’s a time when if you’ve been putting in the work since the first Saturn return at 30 you’re rewarded … usually there’s a [professional] advancement or you gain authority.”

Tripp who has a master's in social work also predicted August as a rocky month for the US and like to witness more political unrest and violence. She said, “The US is still in its Pluto return, which is about bringing things to light and exposing things. The last time the US had a Pluto return was the Revolutionary War.”

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Krishna    2 months ago

Astrologer, Amy Tripp prophesied the exact date  US President   Joe Biden  will turn cut his election campaign short and now has a new future to tell.

The clairvoyant said she saw  Donald Trump  would be the next president of the USA because of his strong Sun sign.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @1    2 months ago

What's Amy's sun sign?

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.1.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.1    2 months ago
What's Amy's sun sign?

I don't know-- just googled to find her chart but couldn't find it. 

Usually celebrities' charts are easy to find on the Internet but I guess she's not famous enough.

(Often Astrologers charts have a prominent Uranus as uranus "rules" Astrology).

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.1.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.1    2 months ago
What's Amy's sun sign?

Buzz- here's something that might interest you: A prominent Leo in a chart often indicates the person is or will be an actor or a teacher.

(Uranus often indicates non-conformist, often very creative. Also networking-- both people networking as well as "computer networking" i.e. Internet. Uranus often likes and is proficient with technology (computer Geek).

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1.3  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @1.1.1    2 months ago

Okay, it's not important.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1.4  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @1.1.2    2 months ago

I know I'm Aquarius, not sure of anything else because I don't know the time of my birth, only the date and location. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.5  Sparty On  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.1.4    2 months ago

Taurus here.    Surprising I know. jrSmiley_9_smiley_image.gif

GregTx
Professor Guide
1.1.6  GregTx  replied to  Sparty On @1.1.5    2 months ago

Same here..

GregTx
Professor Guide
1.1.7  GregTx  replied to  Krishna @1.1.1    2 months ago

Lol 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1.8  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Sparty On @1.1.5    2 months ago

My first partner when I went out on my own in my profession, no longer working as an employee, was a Taurus, so I do have some familiarity with the traits, but we did get along well together.  We also incorporated a company for whatever enterprises we ventured into, such as a Mexican food takeout restaurant (but Mexican food was not known much in Toronto back then so it failed), calling our company Aquataurus Corporation Limited.  It no longer exists, but I just did a search and discovered that quite a few others have used the name Aquataurus for their corporations.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.9  Sparty On  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.1.8    2 months ago

Yep, grounded, solid, stubborn, loyal friend but fierce-some enemy.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1.10  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Sparty On @1.1.9    2 months ago

You got that right.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.11  Sparty On  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.1.10    2 months ago

Not me, the earth sign genies 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1.12  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Sparty On @1.1.11    2 months ago

Well, I have personal knowledge that at least two of those traits are evident. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.13  Sparty On  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.1.12    2 months ago

Awesome observational skills.

Outstanding!

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1.14  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Sparty On @1.1.13    2 months ago

Not curious about which two?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.15  Sparty On  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.1.14    2 months ago

Not really.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1.16  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Sparty On @1.1.15    2 months ago

LOL.  Understandable.

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.1.17  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.1.4    2 months ago

I know I'm Aquarius, not sure of anything else because I don't know the time of my birth, only the date and location. 

Many people are not aware of this, but there are ways to do a fairly accurate chart without the time. The best way is a process called "birthtime rectification". Its a fairly long arduous process. 

There are basically three things you have to know interpret a chart:

1. What signs are the planets in?

2. What are the angles between the planets?

3. What houses are the planets in? (And that also means the rising sign.

Without the birth time you can determine the first two--- you'll just not know the houses.

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.1.18  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @1.1.17    2 months ago
Without the birth time you can determine the first two--- you'll just not know the houses.

Well, also the fastest moving planets may be a bit off (Moon especially, also mercury).

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.1.19  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.1.4    2 months ago
I know I'm Aquarius

Often people are surprised to learn that there is not just one type of Astrology, but rather several. I mostly use the traditional Western system, and know a little Vedic (traditional Hindu). And I know very little Arabic/Persian or Chinese.

(And of course indigenous peoples have their own systems. (I've heard the Incan was one of the most sophisticated but know next to nothing about it.

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.1.20  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.1.4    2 months ago

In Western Astrology (actually in all Western mysticism, including Tarot, etc) everything is classified as one of four elements. Here are the 4 elements along with their Jungian correspondences:

1. Earth (Sensing)

2, Fire (Intuiting)

3. Air (Thinking)

4. Water (Feeling i.e. "emotions")

Aquarius is Air (not water). So part of your personality is tilted towards Thinking.

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.1.21  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @1.1.20    2 months ago

In Western Astrology (actually in all Western mysticism, including Tarot, etc) everything is classified as one of four elements. Here are the 4 elements along with their Jungian correspondences:

1. Earth (Sensing)

2, Fire (Intuiting)

3. Air (Thinking)

4. Water (Feeling i.e. "emotions")

Aquarius is Air (not water). So part of your personality is tilted towards Thinking.

Air is Thinking and communication-- actually a good sign for a lawyer.

Of course without seeing your entire chart we can't know which of the four elements are dominant-- or lacking.

Each planet is in one of the four elements. In addition, each sign has its own individual traits.

Depending upon the rest of your chart, Aquarians are often non-conformists to some degree. They might tend to look at things differently than other people-- which means they are often very creative.

They tend to be very principled-- and tend to stick to their principles.

They can have a tendency to be stubborn at times (which can be positive or negative depending upon the rest of their chart).

They can be big networkers-- with groups of people or computer networks. Depending on the rest of their chart, they might be "good with computers".

Aquarius is also associated with "surprises"-- they may occasionallly surprise you....

They are often more interested in the new-- modern ideas  and things-- rather than old-fashioned.

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.1.22  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Sparty On @1.1.5    2 months ago
Taurus here.    Surprising I know.

Some Astrologers "turn up their nose" at what they call "Sun sign Astrology"-- that is doing Astrology based solely on your Sun sign-- we prefer to use all ten "Planets". (Plus 2 "points"-- the Ascendant or Rising sign and the MC or Midheaven).

That being said, Taurus is a part of the total picture. Depending upon the rest of your chart, your Taurus energy may or may not manifest to varying degrees. 

Depending upon the rest of your chart, Taurus is usually fairly practical. Of the 4 elements its an Earth element-- that means "Sensing". The senses are important to Taurus-- physical sensations, seeing, hearing, touch, smelling taste, etc.

Taurus likes quality-- things that feel good to the touch-- quality leather, silk, etc. (They usually dislike synthetics, polyester, etc). Fine woods-- no plastic! They appreciate fine quality workmanship. The sense of vision. Taurus like things that are visually pleasing-- they often appreciate fine art-- might be artists themselves.

The sense of hearing--  they usually appreciate good music, many play an instrument themselves. 

Signs rule body parts-- Taurus rules the Throat-- some Taurus might be singers.

Taurus is the bull. Think of them enjoying a leisurely time on a nice sunny day, tranquilly walking along eating the grass. They are generally calm and slow to anger. (But when a bull gets really anger-- watch out!)

Taurus also rules the stomach-- usually appreciate really good food. (May like to cook). 

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.1.23  seeder  Krishna  replied to  GregTx @1.1.6    2 months ago
Same here..

Also a Taurus?

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.1.24  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.1.8    2 months ago

a Mexican food takeout restaurant

Taurus is often associated with food in one way or another. (The other sign I associate with some aspect of food is Cancer).

Foreign food --in fact foreign anything-- is often associated with Sagittarius. so either that doesn't apply here or you have Sag somewhere in your chart.

Actually you're not living in the country not of your birth.

How many languages do you speak?

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.1.25  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Sparty On @1.1.9    2 months ago
stubborn

Ooops-- I forgot to mention stubborn.

Depending on the rest of their chart, the four most stubborn signs are Aquarius, Leo, Taurus, and Scorpio. 

(One in each element)

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1.26  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @1.1.20    2 months ago
"Aquarius is Air (not water). So part of your personality is tilted towards Thinking."

My ex-wife used to call me Hamlet, because I thought too much. 

"Now whether it be
Bestial oblivion, or some craven scruple
Of thinking too precisely on th' event—
A thought which, quarter'd, hath but one part wisdom
And ever three parts coward"

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1.27  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @1.1.21    2 months ago
"Of course without seeing your entire chart we can't know which of the four elements are dominant-- or lacking."

At this point in my life that's no big deal.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1.28  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @1.1.24    2 months ago
"How many languages do you speak?"

Hy spik 10 lengviches, Hanglish da best.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.29  Sparty On  replied to  Krishna @1.1.25    2 months ago

On whole, It’s hard to deny the overall accuracy of my sign when compared against the others but it’s nothing that even remotely controls decision making in my life.

it is interesting though.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
1.1.30  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Sparty On @1.1.29    2 months ago
it is interesting though.

It can be , should be no surprise to any here when i say im a gemini /taurus cusp .

in the chinese system , im a tiger .

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.1.31  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.1.26    2 months ago
My ex-wife used to call me Hamlet, because I thought too much. 

When I was a kid and first learned about that-- I though a "Hamlet" was a baby pig!

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.1.32  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @1.1.19    2 months ago
Often people are surprised to learn that there is not just one type of Astrology, but rather several. I mostly use the traditional Western system, and know a little Vedic (traditional Hindu). And I know very little Arabic/Persian or Chinese.

The Arabic/Persian relies a bit more of the positions of stars than planets. it is usually recognizable by the "weird" names of stars-- they're obviously not based on English (or Latin based, Germanic, or Slavic names). Here are the Persian names of stars-- they seem a bit "strange" to the western ear:

Aldebaran, Regulus, Antares, Formalhaut, Pleides, Casseopeia, Betelgeuse, etc. (Actually IIRC some of these may be inflenced by the ancient Greeks)

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1.33  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @1.1.31    2 months ago

A hamlet could also be a small village.

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.1.34  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Sparty On @1.1.5    2 months ago
Taurus here.    Surprising I know.

So now we know something u usual about you. What is it? No Iwasn't thinking its that we now know you're a Taurus.

Rather, of all the people who are regular users of NT-- only two have an interest in Astrology. You and Buzz.

So now I'm curious-- I can understand why most people on this site aren't interested, and I can understand why Buzz is interested-- buy why are you interested? 

(No judgement here, I'm just curious).

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.1.35  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @1.1.34    2 months ago
(No judgement here, I'm just curious).

A "UBI":

Unimportant but Interesting-- of all the signs, the most curious one is Gemini. I am very curious.

Ge is not my Sun Sign-- but my chart has a lot of Ge energy. (In fact when people try to guess my sign, the most common response is that I'm a Gemini. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.1.36  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.1.8    2 months ago
I just did a search and discovered that quite a few others have used the name Aquataurus for their corporations.

Makes me wonder-- either it was a partnership between an Aquarius and a Taurus-- or else it had something to do with Bulls-- and water?

Oh, I know-- they we selling Water Buffalo!

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.1.37  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.1    2 months ago

What's Amy's sun sign?

HAZARDOUS CONDITIONS AHEAD

PROCEED WITH CAUTION!

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1.38  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @1.1.37    2 months ago

That's for sure.

Krishna
Professor Expert
2  seeder  Krishna    2 months ago

She also predicted that an assassination attempt on Trump was just the beginning and there might be more “crazy things to come” in the former’s near future.

Tripp said, “Uranus is on his [Trump] mid-heaven which shows … unpredictability with his career and goals.”

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @2    2 months ago

Allan LIchtman might be more accurate using 13 "keys to the White House", and he predicts Harris will win...

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.1.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.1    2 months ago
Allan LIchtman might be more accurate using 13 "keys to the White House", and he predicts Harris will win...

He might be.

Just turn on the TV and you will see a plethora of experts all of whom know for a fact who will win.

(And if there's no "plethora" they may be a lot fo 'em instead!)

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.1.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.1    2 months ago

I don't have any strong sense of who will win. 

But I'm doing what a lot of trader's are doing-- "on paper" I'm constructing two stock portfolios. A Trump Portfolio and a Harris Portfolio. (Which types of stocks will go up if each wins). Then when I have more of a clear idea who will win I buy more stocks in one portfolio and short those in the other).

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.1.3  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @2.1.2    2 months ago
I'm constructing two stock portfolios. A Trump Portfolio and a Harris Portfolio. (Which types of stocks will go up if each wins). Then when I have more of a clear idea who will win I buy more stocks in one portfolio and short those in the other).

Some are obvious. "Green energy" stocks go up if Harris wins, down if Trump wins. Defense may actually goe down if Trump wins as he opposes a robust defense (He wants a weak NATO). Ironically, oil probably goes down if Trump wins. Etc

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1.4  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @2.1.1    2 months ago

I've not seen predictions, except his, and he has been right 9 times out of 10.  The only one he missed was Gore, and I think there's good reason for a miss on that one - hanging chads.  Gore had won the popular majority vote.

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.1.5  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.1    2 months ago

Actually at this point I have little interest in attempting to determine who will win. Lately about the only thing I use Astrology for is the Stock Market.

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.1.6  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.1.4    2 months ago
Gore had won the popular majority vote.

IIRC I believe Hillary Clinton did as well.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1.7  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @2.1.6    2 months ago

IMO opinion the electoral college system being more important than a national majority reflects the unique form of American democracy, but I don't think other democracies (such as Canada) consider it to be valid.  I guess it reflects the individual uniqueness of the individual States that unite only for certain purposes, but so do provinces in Canada, but when requiring a FEDERAL administration having a federal majority rule seems correct to me rather than having a possible tail waving the dog situation.

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.1.8  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.1.7    2 months ago
IMO opinion the electoral college system being more important than a national majority reflects the unique form of American democracy, but I don't think other democracies (such as Canada) consider it to be valid.

There are historical reasons why it developed. 

But we are no longer living in the late 1700's! The Electoral College system is undemocratic and should be abolished,

(At one time slavery was legal. And women were not allowed to vote. Fortunately those injustices no longer exist....)

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1.9  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @2.1.8    2 months ago

It's a wonder to me that Americans are so proud of their undemocratic democracy.  

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.1.10  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.1.9    2 months ago
It's a wonder to me that Americans are so proud of their undemocratic democracy.  

Its not an "either..or". There are degrees of democracy. 

As to why we're so proud-- that's an interesting question. I'd have to think about that.

One possible reason-- we are taught in elementary school that we should "be proud to be American".

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.1.11  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @2.1.10    2 months ago
One possible reason-- we are taught in elementary school that we should "be proud to be American"

I had always thought that to be a bit strange. because I always thought that you should be "proud" of something you accomplished. 

I didn't work hard to be an American. In fact I had nothing to do with that.

I was born an American because my parents happened to live here at the time of my birth-- why should I get credit for that?

(If, for example, my parents were Brazilian and I therefore became a Brazilian citizen-- should I be proud of that?)

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
2.2  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Krishna @2    2 months ago

If there’s any planet that resembles Donald Trump, it’s Uranus.

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.2.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @2.2    2 months ago

Uranus is associated with "Unconventionality". But actually the sign Leo and the planet the Sun would be my guess  (Leo = Big Ego, wants attention can be overly dramatic. Leo wants to be "worshipped"_.

Actuallly I've seen his chart but don't remember it. (Charts of celebrities don't interest me all that much-- now-a-days my main interest is trading so that's mainly what I use it for.

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.2.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @2.2    2 months ago

Buzz has just "came out of the Astrological closet"-- and revealed he's an Aquarius! (Uranus is associated with Aquarius)> IMO Buzz really doesn't resemble Trump all that much-- but hey, what do I know. (I'm just an ordinary guy, one who as studied Astrology for "a few" years!

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.2.3  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @2.2.2    2 months ago

If I were at all like Trump I'd make the world a better place by committing suicide.

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.2.4  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @2.2    2 months ago

In that case, which planet resembles "The Turtle"? (I am referring Senator Mitch McConnel---  who definitely looks like a turtle).

So which planet therefore resembles Mitch McConnell?

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.2.5  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @2.2.4    2 months ago
In that case, which planet resembles "The Turtle"? (I am referring Senator Mitch McConnel---  who definitely looks like a turtle). So which planet therefore resembles Mitch McConnell?

Or, for that matter, which planet resembles JDVance?

Oh-- wait a minute-- I don't think we want to go there! jrSmiley_5_smiley_image.png

Krishna
Professor Expert
3  seeder  Krishna    2 months ago

She was also very determined that the 59-year-old would win the nomination because she is currently enjoying the return of the second Saturn. She said, “It’s a time when if you’ve been putting in the work since the first Saturn return at 30 you’re rewarded … usually there’s a [professional] advancement or you gain authority.”

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
4  Nerm_L    2 months ago

Oh, good, we never have to vote again.  Good thing we replaced religion with the science of astrology.  

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Nerm_L @4    2 months ago
Good thing we replaced religion with the science of astrology.  

Have you ever known any religious people?

Because the odds are, most of them don't believe in Astrology.

JBB
Professor Principal
4.1.1  JBB  replied to  Krishna @4.1    2 months ago

I do not know about that. An awful lot of Christians I have known over the years have also expressed belief in spiritualism, crystals, tarot, reincarnation, astrology, witchcraft and fortune cookies...

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.1.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  JBB @4.1.1    2 months ago
An awful lot of Christians I have known over the years have also expressed belief in spiritualism, crystals, tarot, reincarnation, astrology, witchcraft and fortune cookies..

Then they are not true Christians! You know the olde sayin':

Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.

Exodus 22:18

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.1.3  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @4.1    2 months ago

The odds are that most people don't believe in astrology.  Less might believe in Feng Shui.

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.1.4  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @4.1.3    2 months ago
The odds are that most people don't believe in astrology

I remember an interesting poll on that subject a while back. According to that poll, a majority of Americans said they did not believe in Astrology. In addition, a majority of Americans said they checked their horoscopes in the newspapers once in a while.

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.1.5  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @4.1.3    2 months ago
The odds are that most people don't believe in astrology.  Less might believe in Feng Shui.

And even less know how to pronounce Feng Shui!

I believe I mentioned that not only believe it it but I've Feng Shui'd my entire living space! (After I did the money corner my stock market results increased significantly!

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.1.6  seeder  Krishna  replied to  JBB @4.1.1    2 months ago
I do not know about that. An awful lot of Christians I have known over the years have also expressed belief in spiritualism, crystals, tarot, reincarnation, astrology, witchcraft and fortune cookies..

You are correct-- I've had the same experience. (I was just trying to be provocative).

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.1.7  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @4.1.5    2 months ago
"...not only believe it it but I've Feng Shui'd my entire living space!"

Smart move.

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.1.8  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @4.1.7    2 months ago
Smart move.

Well, I'll tell you a little secret-- but please don't anyone know this!

I am actually much more intelligent than I appear to be on social media sites! This somewhat "stupid" persona people often see on social media is all an act on my part! (I'm just trying to "fit in").

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.1.9  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @4.1.5    2 months ago
"And even less know how to pronounce Feng Shui!"

How about "Fung Shwee"?  But then I'm cheating, cause of where I am. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.1.10  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @4.1.8    2 months ago
"(I'm just trying to "fit in")"

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Gordy327
Professor Guide
4.2  Gordy327  replied to  Nerm_L @4    2 months ago

To be fair, this astrologer has a 50% chance of being correct. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.2.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Gordy327 @4.2    2 months ago

In some ways Astrology is like ay other professions. Abilities are on a "Bell Curve". At one end there are those who are fairly incompetent-- they shouldn't be practicing the craft. On the other extremes are true geniuses (they are so amazing they charge what they want0--0 most of use couldn't afford their services).

The first guy that taught me Astrology was a "market timer" (stock market). He was an Astrologer .That year he was rated #1 in the world by Hulbert's Timer Digest. (He wasn't in future years). Since then I IIRC there has never been another Astrologer market timer in the top rankings.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.2.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Gordy327 @4.2    2 months ago
"To be fair, this astrologer has a 50% chance of being correct." 

Which is no different than flipping a coin. 

Gordy327
Professor Guide
4.2.3  Gordy327  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @4.2.2    2 months ago

Exactly.

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.2.4  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Gordy327 @4.2    2 months ago

I don't know-- I'm not that familiar with her record. Astrology is like any other methods of divination-- different practitioners range from pretty bad at it to being "near geniuses". (Of course most people will never be able experience a reading from the true greats...)

Over the years my record has become significantly better than 50%-- and its been quite lucrative.

(Although its rare that I do peoples' Astrology charts anymore-- I stick almost entirely to the Stock market).).

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.2.5  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Gordy327 @4.2    2 months ago

What's "fair" got to do with anything?

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.2.6  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Gordy327 @4.2    2 months ago

That's quite an assumption!

Which you have every right to make.

(I believe I mentioned I am primarily a stock trader--- so I try to get more facts before I make decisions-- my decisions can potentially cause me to make or lose significant amounts of money).

But-- why not?

Go ahead-- its ok with me for you to say "to be fair Krishna's stock market trades have a 50% chance of being correct".

Gordy327
Professor Guide
4.2.7  Gordy327  replied to  Krishna @4.2.6    2 months ago

A prediction either proves true or it does not. 50/50 chance. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.2.8  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Gordy327 @4.2.7    2 months ago

Not always.

(I've learned a lot about predictions-- that's a lot of what I do all day at work!).

Sure, in some cases it is clearly either true or false. For example a coin toss is either heads or tails-- there's no middle ground. (Well-- unless the tosser is so good at telekinesis that they can make it land on its edge and remain up! BTW I've seen a few people do stuff like that-- but admittedly that's so rare its not relevant here).

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.2.9  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @4.2.8    2 months ago
Not always.

But some classes are more complex than a simple Hears or Tails. I'm thinking specially of cases where the possible outcomes are not clearly defined in advance. Especially in cases where there's judgement involved.

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.3  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Nerm_L @4    2 months ago
Oh, good, we never have to vote again.

Well, that's what Trump claimed. 

Whether he's right or not only time will tell.

(And anything can happen-- he recently discovered that Harris was Black-- if he discovers that she's yet another different race that might also change the outcome of the election once again).

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.3.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @4.3    2 months ago

Well, after all, did Julius Caesar have to be voted in?  Did God have to be voted in?  Why would Trump have to be voted in?

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.3.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @4.3.1    2 months ago
Well, after all, did Julius Caesar have to be voted in?  Did God have to be voted in?  Why would Trump have to be voted in?

Possibly because he might represent more of a threat than the other two? Julius Caesar and God. (although not necessarily in that order)

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.4  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Nerm_L @4    2 months ago
Good thing we replaced religion with the science of astrology.  

"We"?

Who's "we"?
Speak for yourself...I don't know anyone else who's done that!

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5  Sparty On    2 months ago

Ooooooohh! jrSmiley_30_smiley_image.gif

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Sparty On @5    2 months ago
Ooooooohh!

I agree!

evilone
Professor Guide
6  evilone    2 months ago

Considering the rules of Astrology were started in the 3rd Century BCE things in the universe have moved, our calendar has changed and a 13th sign has been forgotten. Astrology is a crock of shit, much like reading goat entrails and throwing bones.

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  evilone @6    2 months ago
Astrology is a crock of shit, much like reading goat entrails and throwing bones

There are similarities-- and differences.

Part of Astrology is very "rational" and logical (what used to be called "Left Brain"). But the true art of Astrology is also  "intuitive"-- what used to be called "Right brain".

(I ferget-- how long did you say you studied Astrology?)

evilone
Professor Guide
6.1.1  evilone  replied to  Krishna @6.1    2 months ago
(I ferget-- how long did you say you studied Astrology?)

Long enough to know that I can't find a reading for someone born under Ophiuchus in today's listing.

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.1.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  evilone @6.1.1    2 months ago
in today's listing.

What do you mean by a "listing"?

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.1.3  seeder  Krishna  replied to  evilone @6.1.1    2 months ago
I can't find a reading for someone born under Ophiuchus

Well since you haven't studied Astrology much I'm not surprised.

(So let me tell you a little secret! Its not surprising that you aren't finding that-- because you are looking in the wrong place!

(DUH!)

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.1.4  seeder  Krishna  replied to  evilone @6.1.1    2 months ago
Long enough to know that I can't find a reading for someone born under Ophiuchus in today's listing.

Sounds like you got too much times on your hands!
(Damn those Mesopotamians)

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.1.5  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @6.1.3    2 months ago
because you are looking in the wrong place!

And the wrong time as well. (Have you tried the Wayback Machine?)

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  evilone @6    2 months ago
much like reading goat entrails and throwing bones

That sort of stuff used to be referred to as a form of "ESP" ("Extra Sensory Perception") AKA "Psychic Powers".

What partially informed people get wrong about that is that there no magic inherent in goat entrails or bones--- it can be done using any object. Crystal balls are fun, etc.  (When using objects for divination personally I prefer using tarot cards).

However it can be done without using any paraphrenalia-- a good psychic doesn't need to use any of that stuff.

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.2.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @6.2    2 months ago
However it can be done without using any paraphrenalia-- a good psychic doesn't need to use any of that stuff.

A while back I had a Tarot reading (by someone I didn't know). It was fair-- not great. Afterwards we got to talking. She told me she doesn't actually read the cards and doesn't need the. She only uses then for the benefit of the client. (She not an Astrologer, and I suppose could be classified [partially] as a Tarot reader-- or more accurately as a regular 'ole psychic. Most psychics don't know much Astrology if any-- different method).

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.2.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @6.2.1    2 months ago
Most psychics don't know much Astrology if any-- different method).

Actually that's not entirely accurate-- i should've said that many psychics don't know much about Astrology-- because many do, and many don't.

And while many Astrologers claim that's is a fair lt rigid, defined system, some Astrologers don't use potential psychic powers.

Although the good ones do both. First they read the chart literally-- then they "tune in" intuitively.

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.3  seeder  Krishna  replied to  evilone @6    2 months ago
Considering the rules of Astrology were started in the 3rd Century BCE things in the universe have moved, our calendar has changed and a 13th sign has been forgotten.

That's not the way Asterology works. (There are more forces forces at play in the Universe than are dreamt of in your philosopy, evilone!

evilone
Professor Guide
6.3.1  evilone  replied to  Krishna @6.3    2 months ago
That's not the way Asterology works. (There are more forces forces at play in the Universe than are dreamt of in your philosopy, evilone!

There may be many things we don't know, but I'm pretty sure we do know that everything in the universe is moving and the sun is NOT in the center. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.3.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  evilone @6.3.1    2 months ago
There may be many things we don't know, but I'm pretty sure we do know that everything in the universe is moving and the sun is NOT in the center. 

You must be thinking of Copernicus-- and his conflict with the Church?

In “On the Revolutions of the Heavenly Spheres,” Copernicus’ groundbreaking argument that Earth and the planets revolve around the sun led him to make a number of other major astronomical discoveries.

For decades, “On the Revolutions of the Heavenly Spheres” remained unknown to all but the most sophisticated astronomers, and most of these men, while admiring some of Copernicus’ arguments, rejected his heliocentric basis.

One of those critics was   Martin Luther , the infamous   Vatican   critic who was one of the founders of the   Reformation . Luther stated that “This fool wishes to reverse the entire science of astronomy; but sacred Scripture tells us that Joshua commanded the Sun to stand still, and not the Earth.” The Vatican did eventually ban “On the Revolutions of the Heavenly Spheres” in 1616.

It was not until the early 17th century that   Galileo   and Johannes Kepler developed and popularized the Copernican theory, which for Galileo resulted in a trial and conviction for heresy. Following   Isaac Newton ’s work in celestial mechanics in the late 17th century, acceptance of the Copernican theory spread rapidly in non-Catholic countries, and by the late 18th century the Copernican view of the solar system was almost universally accepted.

But that's all "off topic"-- its Astronomy -- this discussion is about Astrology . Two very different things!

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.3.3  seeder  Krishna  replied to  evilone @6.3.1    2 months ago
the sun is NOT in the center

Facts:

1. The Sun is probably not in the center of the Universe. (Of course in order to know that, we'd have to know where the center of the Universe is--which means knowing where the Universe ends.

(For some reason I have no intereest in pursuing that-- but if its important to you to know that then go ahead-- research away!)

2. The Sun is indeed the center of the Solar System-- the planets revolve around the Sun. Perhaps that's why its called" The Solar System"!

(Pretty shocking, eh?)

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.4  seeder  Krishna  replied to  evilone @6    2 months ago
Considering the rules of Astrology were started in the 3rd Century BCE

Link?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7  JohnRussell    2 months ago

I am generally open to the idea of "unseen forces" in this world.  I dont believe astrology is one of them though. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
7.1  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @7    2 months ago

Dark matter ….. talk amongst yourselves …..

evilone
Professor Guide
7.1.1  evilone  replied to  Sparty On @7.1    2 months ago
Dark matter ….. talk amongst yourselves …..

At this point it's nothing more than a variable. Dark matter is simply a placeholder for physicists to use in an equation to make it balance out with the matter they do know about. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
7.1.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Sparty On @7.1    2 months ago
Dark matter

It really doesn't matter.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
7.1.3  Sparty On  replied to  Krishna @7.1.2    2 months ago

How do you know?

Krishna
Professor Expert
7.1.4  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Sparty On @7.1.3    2 months ago
How do you know?

I'm an Astrologer, remember? jrSmiley_2_smiley_image.png

Krishna
Professor Expert
7.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  JohnRussell @7    2 months ago
I am generally open to the idea of "unseen forces" in this world.  I dont believe astrology is one of them though.

Any thoughts of the star appearing in the East-- which some people believed was somehow related to the birth of Jesus? Or-- is that just a silly superstition?

Krishna
Professor Expert
7.2.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @7.2    2 months ago
Any thoughts of the star appearing in the East-- which some people believed was somehow related to the birth of Jesus? Or-- is that just a silly superstition?

Aha-- just as I thought!

Krishna
Professor Expert
7.3  seeder  Krishna  replied to  JohnRussell @7    2 months ago
I dont believe astrology is one of them though. 

How long did you say you studied Astrology?

Krishna
Professor Expert
7.4  seeder  Krishna  replied to  JohnRussell @7    2 months ago

Just curious-- what are your criteria for deciding which you do believe in-- and which you don't?

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
8  Drakkonis    2 months ago

In related news, Eunice Crumblefrond claims she had a visitation from the deceased singer, Elvis, when the contents of her vegetable soup mysteriously coalesced to form the singer's image and began speaking to her concerning the process necessary for changing tie-rods in a 1972 Chevy Impala, a vehicle Eunice did not own. Apparently, this process lasted for approximately 17 minutes, at which point Eunice reheated her soup  in the microwave and, reluctantly, scooped up the singer's head and ate it, claiming hunger. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
8.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Drakkonis @8    2 months ago
In related news, Eunice Crumblefrond claims she had a visitation from the deceased singer, Elvis, when the contents of her vegetable soup mysteriously coalesced to form the singer's image and began speaking to her concerning the process necessary for changing tie-rods in a 1972 Chevy Impala, a vehicle Eunice did not own. Apparently, this process lasted for approximately 17 minutes, at which point Eunice reheated her soup  in the microwave and, reluctantly, scooped up the singer's head and ate it, claiming hunger. 

Thank you for your comment! jrSmiley_4_smiley_image.png

Krishna
Professor Expert
8.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Drakkonis @8    2 months ago
In related news, Eunice Crumblefrond claims she had a visitation from the deceased singer, Elvis, when the contents of her vegetable soup mysteriously coalesced to form the singer's image and began speaking to her concerning the process necessary for changing tie-rods in a 1972 Chevy Impala, a vehicle Eunice did not own.

Interesting.

Did you write that yourself? You might have an ability to do creative writing-- have you ever considered it?

Krishna
Professor Expert
8.2.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @8.2    2 months ago

Did you write that yourself? You might have an ability to do creative writing-- have you ever considered it?

But usually the similar stories I've heard about those sorts of phenomena are about people seeing Jesus' likeness appearing in a slice of toast!

Seeing 'Jesus in toast' phenomenon perfectly normal, professor says

Date: May 6, 2014 Source: University of Toronto Summary: Researchers have found that the phenomenon of “face pareidolia” -- where onlookers report seeing images of Jesus, Virgin Mary, or Elvis in objects such as toasts, shrouds, and clouds -- is normal and based on physical causes.

Krishna
Professor Expert
8.2.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @8.2.1    2 months ago
But usually the similar stories I've heard about those sorts of phenomena are about people seeing Jesus' likeness appearing in a slice of toast!

I myself have never seen the likeness of Jesus-- or for that matter anyone else-- in a slice of toast. Perhaps its time for me to make another trip to my local Whole Foods and ask if they could recommend a different type of bread-- one that's more conducive to hallucinations?

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
8.2.3  Drakkonis  replied to  Krishna @8.2    2 months ago

Yes, and thanks. Not sure I've got the discipline, though. 

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
8.2.4  Drakkonis  replied to  Krishna @8.2.1    2 months ago

As have I. Personally, I don't put much stock in them and no importance or meaning at all. But that's just me. Based on Biblical evidence, God doesn't screw around when He wants someone's attention. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
8.2.5  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Drakkonis @8.2.3    2 months ago

In experience, the best writers are the ones who have a passion for writing-- they have to really want to!

Many writers occasionally develop what is often called "writers block". They want to write, sit down to do it-- and for sometimes long periods just can seem to write anything decent. 

Over time, most writers figure out how to overcome it.

Krishna
Professor Expert
8.2.6  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @8.2.5    2 months ago
In experience, the best writers are the ones who have a passion for writing-- they have to really want to!

Many writers occasionally develop what is often called "writers block". They want to write, sit down to do it-- and for sometimes long periods just can seem to write anything decent. 

Over time, most writers figure out how to overcome it.

Most actors have similar experiences-- many have a case of "stage fright" before they go onstage or in front of a camera. (I've read interviews where even very famous, experienced actors even after many years. still get it).

Sometimes their consultants urge then to "act as if"-- even if they don't feel like it, do it anyway! (Most actors call it something different: "Fake it 'till you make it").

Krishna
Professor Expert
8.3  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Drakkonis @8    2 months ago

After re-reading your comment several times..I have a question. Where can I get some of the stuff that you are smoking?

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
8.3.1  Drakkonis  replied to  Krishna @8.3    2 months ago
After re-reading your comment several times..I have a question. Where can I get some of the stuff that you are smoking?

LOL.