╌>

Female boxer yells 'this is unjust' and falls to her knees in tears as she quits fight against 'biologically male' Olympic opponent Imane Khelif after just 46 SECONDS following two powerful punches

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  s  •  2 months ago  •  220 comments

Female boxer yells 'this is unjust' and falls to her knees in tears as she quits fight against 'biologically male' Olympic opponent Imane Khelif after just 46 SECONDS following two powerful punches

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

A boxer deemed a 'biological male' today won against an Italian woman in one of the most controversial Olympic bouts ever.

The fight between  Italy 's Angela Carini and her Algerian opponent Imane Khelif took just 46 seconds, with the Italian throwing her helmet onto the floor as the clash was abandoned, yelling: 'This is unjust.'

The 25-year-old refused the handshake and fell to the canvas sobbing having received just two punches from Khelif - who had been banned from a major boxing contest before the   Olympics .

Khelif was thrown out of last year's world championships after failing testosterone tests carried out to establish   gender   qualification. 

After the match was stopped, the referee raised Khelif's hand in the air. But a visibly furious Carini yanked her own hand away from the fight official and walked off.

Ignoring the Algerian, the Italian fighter then plunged to her knees and burst into tears as she said she had never felt such strong blows in a contest before. 

Speaking after the match, the heartbroken Italian said: 'I'm used to suffering. I've never taken a punch like that, it's impossible to continue. I'm nobody to say it's illegal. 

'I got into the ring to fight. But I didn't feel like it anymore after the first minute. I started to feel a strong pain in my nose. I didn't give up, but a punch hurt too much and so I said enough. I'm leaving with my head held high.'

She said she did not walk away from the fight as a protest against her opponent's inclusion, but that was a decision for the Olympics to consider.

She was taken away for medical assessment to examine the seriousness of her facial injuries which included a bruised nose.

Carini added: 'I entered the ring and I told myself I have to take out all of myself independently from the person I had in front of me.

'And honestly, I don't care. I said to myself, 'This is my Olympics'. Independently, from all controversy, I just wanted to carry on and win.'

'I am not one that easily surrenders. Even if they told me, let's not fight, I would not have accepted it.

'I am a fighter. My father taught me to be a warrior. When I am in the ring, I use that mindset, the mindset of a warrior, a winning mindset. This time I couldn't make it.

'You all saw my nose that started bleeding. I didn't lose tonight, I just surrendered with maturity.'

'I wish her to carry on until the end and that she can be happy. I am someone who doesn't judge anyone. I am not here to give judgements.

'I simply entered the ring to fight and to fight for my dream. It didn't happen. Evidently, God and my father wanted this and I accept it.

'I am not in the position of saying this is right or wrong. I am not. I did my job as a boxer, entering the ring and fighting. I didn't manage to, but I am exiting with my head held high and with a broken heart.

'I am a mature woman, the ring is my life. I've always been very instinctive, but when I feel something is not going well, it's not a surrender but having the maturity to stop.'

Article is LOCKED by author/seeder
[]

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Sean Treacy    2 months ago

Where the rubber of progressives assault on reality hits the road. A man beats up a women for people's entertainment in the name of inclusivity. 

The poor woman at the apex of her career  that she's spent years to achieve has her dreams ended because of the insane delusions from the left. Very sad. 

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1  devangelical  replied to  Sean Treacy @1    2 months ago
Italy's Angela Carini and her Algerian opponent Imane Khelif

sorry, but I don't see how the american left has anything to do with this particular olympic drama, but it is pretty funny that some mackerel snapper got her bell rung by somebody, also allegedly created by an infallible omnipotent god, that apparently fell outside of the there's only 2 genders crowd's logic. no worries though, I really don't expect any theological explanations, it's just my observation of hilarious hypocrisy.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2  Tessylo  replied to  Sean Treacy @1    2 months ago

Why is this 'article' still up?  It's not true.

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
1.2.1  SteevieGee  replied to  Tessylo @1.2    2 months ago

From the AP:

Khelif was assigned female at birth and it says so on her passport, which is the International Olympic Committee’s threshold for eligibility for boxing because of the rift between the sport’s governing body and the IOC.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.2.2  devangelical  replied to  SteevieGee @1.2.1    2 months ago

I could have sworn that the olympics was about athletic skill and sportsmanship. don't you find it odd that the anti-lgbtq folks so opposed to those that are happily living their own liberty guaranteed by the constitution lives, are now assigning gender to those that previously didn't meet their determined by anatomy criteria? this must be a very confusing issue to the catholic and evangelical clergy.

evilone
Professor Guide
1.2.3  evilone  replied to  SteevieGee @1.2.1    2 months ago
Khelif was assigned female at birth...

She is also from Algeria where being LGBTQ+ is illegal. The first fake report of her not being born female was from Russian news after she beat the snot of their woman boxer. This was after she herself was beat by Ireland's top female boxer.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.4  Tessylo  replied to  Tessylo @1.2    2 months ago

I see people are still acting as though this is true despite all the facts and reality to the contrary

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.5  Tessylo  replied to  Tessylo @1.2.4    2 months ago

refusing to admit that they're wrong

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2  Vic Eldred    2 months ago

Shame on the Olympic Committee.

GT4_8X4X0AAapN4?format=jpg&name=small

The left has done it again.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2.1  seeder  Sean Treacy  replied to  Vic Eldred @2    2 months ago

No one should fight him. Just let him win the gold by defaults which would send a message about how shameful this is.

we should all recognize the woman who win silver as the actual gold medalist.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sean Treacy @2.1    2 months ago

It is hard for those women who have prepared so diligently for these events to simply boycott them.

we should all recognize the woman who win silver as the actual gold medalist.

Now that is a great idea!

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2.1.2  seeder  Sean Treacy  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.1    2 months ago

It is hard for those women who have prepared so diligently for these events to simply boycott them

100% agree. It’s a terrible situation.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @2    2 months ago

'The left has done it again.'

Done what?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @2.2    2 months ago
Done what?

Hollowed out another institution.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2.2.2  Greg Jones  replied to  Tessylo @2.2    2 months ago

Don't you support real biological women instead of emotionally screwed up wimpy men? If not, why not?

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
2.2.3  Right Down the Center  replied to  Tessylo @2.2    2 months ago
Done what?

Condoned and promoted biological men beating the shit out of biological women.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.4  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.2.1    2 months ago

How so?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.5  Tessylo  replied to  Greg Jones @2.2.2    2 months ago

Huh?

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.2.6  devangelical  replied to  Greg Jones @2.2.2    2 months ago
Don't you support real biological women instead of emotionally screwed up wimpy men?

you can also take that logic to the ballot box...

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.7  Tessylo  replied to  devangelical @2.2.6    2 months ago

Excellent!

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2.2.8  Greg Jones  replied to  devangelical @2.2.6    2 months ago

I pretty sure that most normal and emotionally mature voters will take it to the ballot box, seeing that Dems in general don't support women or women's issues

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.2.9  devangelical  replied to  Greg Jones @2.2.8    2 months ago
seeing that Dems in general don't support women or women's issues

... uh ... yeah, that's been clearly demonstrated in the last 2 weeks./s

what an ignorant comment.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
2.2.10  Snuffy  replied to  devangelical @2.2.9    2 months ago
seeing that Dems in general don't support women or women's issues
... uh ... yeah, that's been clearly demonstrated in the last 2 weeks./s what an ignorant comment.

What was the intent of Title IX? And what changes to Title IX have Biden and the Democrats pushed for over the past couple of years?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.11  Tessylo  replied to  Snuffy @2.2.10    2 months ago

Why don't you tell us?

Why must you always defend the indefensible?

Snuffy
Professor Participates
2.2.12  Snuffy  replied to  Tessylo @2.2.11    2 months ago

I assume you are female, if you are not please excuse me. But it is unreasonable in this day and age for a female of our age (I know you are getting ready to retire because of a conversation we had last year) that you should know what Title IX is and what it's purpose was and how it changed school sports for women. Prior to Title IX, schools didn't really care about women's sports. Oh they may have had a volleyball team or gymnastics, but there was little money and effort put in to support then. After Title IX, that all changed. How many women were able to go on to college on a scholarship because of women's sports? I grew up in a small town in Wisconsin and I know 3 who did. Without Title IX, who knows if they would have been able to go to college at all.

Why must you always defend the indefensible?

A much better question would be why do you not support the protections brought about by Title IX for women? I'm not talking about this boxer in particular. From my understanding of the country she is from and how the majority religion is in that country, I can only assume that yes, she was born physically female with standard female genitalia. Had she been born with male parts and attempted to live as a female then she probably would have been given a quick tour of a tall building and a fast exit over the side.

But for the record, I do not support transgender competing against women when they clearly have a physical advantage over the women in the sport due to physical differences. I assume you are a Democrat, all I can say is follow the science.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.13  Tessylo  replied to  Snuffy @2.2.12    2 months ago

I have no clue what you're talking about regarding Title IX - and school sports and women and don't really care.  I don't support transgenders competing in sports against other genders so don't lie and also don't lie about my support of it regarding LGBTQ+ and women's sports (Or whatever the fuck it is you're assuming and putting words in my mouth and moving the goalposts).

How fucking confusing.

Also, this woman is not transgender so how did we get here?

Snuffy
Professor Participates
2.2.14  Snuffy  replied to  Tessylo @2.2.13    2 months ago
I have no clue what you're talking about regarding Title IX - and school sports and women and don't really care. 

Well that's just fucking sad. Title IX was enacted and signed into law on June 23rd, 1972. It was milestone law that 

Title IX is an example of how the 14th Amendment has been interpreted over time.   Title IX , which is of particular interest to young people, prohibits institutions that receive federal funding from excluding students from participating in educational and athletic programs on the basis of sex.

Specifically,   Title IX   states that “No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from the participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance.”

The 14th Amendment and the Evolution of Title IX | United States Courts (uscourts.gov)

Read that second paragraph please! It clearly explains what Title IX means. It meant that any and all educational program or activity that receives Federal money may not exclude on the basis of sex. For the first time, women were insured that funding for their activities were protected. Simply stated, everybody who cares about fair treatment should know what Title IX is and what it means and should definitely care about it.

I don't support transgenders competing in sports against other genders so don't lie and also don't lie about my support of it regarding LGBTQ+ and women's sports (Or whatever the fuck it is you're assuming and putting words in my mouth and moving the goalposts).

How fucking confusing.

Also, this woman is not transgender so how did we get here?

Seeing how this entire seed is about the female boxer in the Olympics and your negative comment in the thread, I assumed that you were taking the current Democrat position. Sorry if I am mistaken in that.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.15  Tessylo  replied to  Snuffy @2.2.14    2 months ago

Why do you feel the need to lecture me and tell me what you think I should know?

I dealt with Title IX at the University of Maryland and I know how it applied to the LGBTQ+ community as well.  I really don't give a shit, again, how it applies to females and sports, what difference does it make as long as it does what it's intended to do, how I feel about it?  And my not not giving a fuck about it?  Your anecdotal evidence doesn't apply to me so spare me.

So go lecture someone else with your assumptions of what I think and know and feel and what I should think and know and feel.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
2.2.16  Snuffy  replied to  Tessylo @2.2.15    2 months ago

Well damn. You accused me of 'defending the indefensible' as I was defending something that you don't even give a shit about. Imagine that.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.17  Tessylo  replied to  Snuffy @2.2.16    2 months ago

I know how important having the last word is to you, above all else, so see ya.

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.2.18  devangelical  replied to  Snuffy @2.2.10    2 months ago
What was the intent of Title IX?

what was your intent in deflecting?

Kavika
Professor Principal
2.3  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @2    2 months ago

The article is wrong but jump on it as leftist once again shows that all that is importation political gotcha. 

the Algerian boxer's ring record is 37 wins 9 losses with 5 KO’s not exactly an outstanding record if she is a male fighting females the defending female Olympic champion was fought and beat her and points out she has been beaten by 9 women in her career hardly a-dominating male beating up women.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
3  Right Down the Center    2 months ago

The lefts attack on women continues.  America is degraded. Where are the women groups?

When will the insanity end?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  Right Down the Center @3    2 months ago

They are fairly quiet when everyone gets to see it.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1    2 months ago

See what?

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3.2  seeder  Sean Treacy  replied to  Right Down the Center @3    2 months ago

It’s indefensible, which is why the left won’t.   They like to live in their imaginary world where gender can be changed by wishing.   They don’t want to deal with the resulting reality of men punching women for “sport”

Kavika
Professor Principal
3.2.1  Kavika   replied to  Sean Treacy @3.2    2 months ago

As usual BS prevails in your comment.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.2  Tessylo  replied to  Kavika @3.2.1    2 months ago

They keep saying 'changing gender by wishing'

How the fuck does that work and how is that we support something that doesn't exist?

bugsy
Professor Participates
3.2.3  bugsy  replied to  Tessylo @3.2.2    2 months ago

Let’s make this easy for you.

Let’s say for argument sake I was born a white male. Over the years I felt different and realized I belonged in the black community because I could identify with them than my own community. To make it even more interesting, I was Gay so I decided to identify as a gay black male.

So, because I WISHED I was a black gay male, by leftist standards, you have to accept me as such. Anything less is bigoted.

Hope that clears up things for you.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.4  Tessylo  replied to  Tessylo @3.2.2    2 months ago

which can't be explained 'cause it's ignorant bullshit

bugsy
Professor Participates
3.2.5  bugsy  replied to  Tessylo @3.2.4    2 months ago
which can't be explained

But I did but you refuse to accept reality.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
3.2.6  sandy-2021492  replied to  bugsy @3.2.5    2 months ago

No, you didn't. You engaged in a false equivalency.   Khelif is not trans.  This is not a matter of how she identifies.  It is a matter of biological reality.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3.2.7  seeder  Sean Treacy  replied to  sandy-2021492 @3.2.6    2 months ago
s a matter of biological reality.

Right. He's a man who punches women.

evilone
Professor Guide
3.2.8  evilone  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.2.7    2 months ago

She was born female. She grew up and represents a country where being trans is illegal.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3.2.9  seeder  Sean Treacy  replied to  evilone @3.2.8    2 months ago

No, he was born a male with a dsd, hence the XY chromosomes

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
3.2.10  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.2.9    2 months ago

And previously found elevated testosterone. Another symptom of the DSD.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
3.2.11  sandy-2021492  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.2.9    2 months ago

See comment @12.1.3

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.12  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @3.2.10    2 months ago

Wow, still refusing to admit that you're wrong.

evilone
Professor Guide
3.2.13  evilone  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.2.9    2 months ago
No, he was born a male with a dsd, hence the XY chromosomes

Explain how that can be in a country where it's illegal to do so? She'd be arrested and imprisoned attempting to transition.

The right wing bubble got played by a false Russian report making claims she failed a gender test after she beat their top boxer. This came after the Algerian was beaten by the top Irish female boxer. You guys can keep perpetuating the lie, but it doesn't make it true.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3.2.14  Split Personality  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @3.2.10    2 months ago

Just stop Just Jim.

After competing for seven bouts in 2023 at the Worlds,  Khefil  & Yu Ting were arbitrarily transported to another location where they sat.  The Russian led IBA claims to have tested the two women and claims that they failed and were banned from further competition.

The removal was arbitrary and against the IBA's own rules according to the Olympic committee.

The particular tests and the results were never revealed except verbally by IBA.

These two were simply winning when they weren't supposed to according to the bettors.

That and banning them based on homophobia aren't that much of a stretch.

The IBA is a Russia led extension of the Russian mafia, putin and Gazprom; the president of the boxing association, Kremlev, elected by dubious means, is wanted for cocaine smuggling in several countries.

The way these two boxers were treated triggered the Olympics to ban the IBA.

The IBA sued the Olympics and lost.

A new World Boxing association is trying to replace the IBA.

The Algerian is 37-11 since 2019

The Taiwan boxer is 41 -14 since 2013

Should we test everyone who beat them and ban them from the sport they love?

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
3.2.15  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Split Personality @3.2.14    2 months ago

Nope

George
Junior Expert
3.2.17  George  replied to  Split Personality @3.2.14    2 months ago

We can solve this by them submitting to a DNA test, let’s test everyone that wants to compete in women’s sports.

Thomas
Masters Guide
3.2.18  Thomas  replied to  George @3.2.17    2 months ago

But can you? If she was born and classified as a female, that probably means that she has female genitalia. So she was raised as a female. Her father says she is female, the pictures of her as a child show her as a female. She has a fighting record that indicates that she has been beaten by females 9 times before. 

What makes this episode so different? Somebody cried that it was unfair. And all of you on the right side of the political spectrum glommed on like some guy was beating up their daughter.  

And then it turns out that all of the stuff that you have been claiming was black and white suddenly dissolves into a spectrum of colors even without any gender preference or sexual predilection being made. You all have great gobs of egg on your face and still you pretend that it is a black and white situation. 

Disgusting. 

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
3.2.19  sandy-2021492  replied to  Thomas @3.2.18    2 months ago

Dozens of comments displaying willful ignorance and dishonesty in support of bigotry and hate.

Thomas
Masters Guide
3.2.20  Thomas  replied to  sandy-2021492 @3.2.19    2 months ago

Well, they are for Trump, mostly

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3.2.21  Split Personality  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @3.2.15    2 months ago

Fine, are you a Russian sympathizer?

Please prove you are not.

bugsy
Professor Participates
3.2.22  bugsy  replied to  sandy-2021492 @3.2.6    2 months ago

Maybe you need to reread the comment i responded to in order to help you understand mine.

Glad I can help

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3.2.23  Split Personality  replied to  George @3.2.17    2 months ago

Solve what Esquire? Your suggestion sounds unconstitutional.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
3.2.24  sandy-2021492  replied to  bugsy @3.2.22    2 months ago

The topic of that comment, and the comment to which it responded, and the topic of the subthread started at 3.2, as well as the topic of the thread in general, was transgenderism.  Tessy was responding to people, including you, who continue to state or imply that Khelif is transgender, despite piles of evidence to the contrary.

I say you're engaging in false equivalencies because you are.

bugsy
Professor Participates
3.2.25  bugsy  replied to  sandy-2021492 @3.2.24    2 months ago
I say you're engaging in false equivalencies because you are.

Then you would be wrong. 

I answered to one post and one post only, not the entire thread. 

Now, to show your post was a lie, I want you to show where I either stated or implied the person is a transgender.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
3.2.26  sandy-2021492  replied to  bugsy @3.2.25    2 months ago

Your entire comment was clearly making fun of the idea that one's identity is determined by one's psychology, and was in response to Tessy's comment about "changing gender by wishing".

That's transgenderism.

The article and thread are about an athlete who is being falsely accused of transgenderism, attacks on women, etc.

So, we are left to assume that you either

• agree that transgenderism has anything to do with the athlete in question
  • don't agree, but will continue to argue as if you do, which is dishonest
  • are just reflexively arguing with Tessy out of habit, which is trolling

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
3.2.27  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Split Personality @3.2.23    2 months ago

They drug-test NFL players. And this has NOTHING to do with the Constitution.

George
Junior Expert
3.2.28  George  replied to  Split Personality @3.2.23    2 months ago

1. Competing in the Olympics is not a constitutional right, you don't need to be a lawyer to know that.

2. They already test for performance enhancing drugs. 

3. It sounds like you support cheating to win, prove that you do not.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3.2.29  Split Personality  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @3.2.27    2 months ago
And this has NOTHING to do with the Constitution.

Correct, and we have nothing to do with how the  INTERNATIONAL Olympic Committee conducts it business.

But I would bet that smarter INTERNATIONAL lawyers would not allow the IOC to test just women's DNA for defects.  

George
Junior Expert
3.2.30  George  replied to  Split Personality @3.2.29    2 months ago

Nobody said anything about defects unless you consider a Y chromosome a defect. 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
3.2.31  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Split Personality @3.2.29    2 months ago

Wouldn't be much of a point to DNA test men as I doubt any trans would want to compete in the men's competitions.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.32  Tessylo  replied to  sandy-2021492 @3.2.6    2 months ago

Yet I'M the one refusing to accept reality.....jrSmiley_80_smiley_image.gif

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3.2.33  Split Personality  replied to  George @3.2.28    2 months ago
1. Competing in the Olympics is not a constitutional right, you don't need to be a lawyer to know that.

Correct. It's a privilege that starts with the country the athlete represents.

2. They already test for performance enhancing drugs. 

The Olympics do, that is correct. In some cases they test for hormonal levels. The IOC sounds like they are dead set against getting involved in DNA testing.

3. It sounds like you support cheating to win, prove that you do not.

Define cheating when the IBA  admits it did not do a standard testosterone test but rather a different although "equally reliable" test that they cannot name nor produce results for. Cheating is in the Russian DNA, especially at the Olympics, that's no state secret.

Looks like the IBA, which has been at odds with the IOC over finances, methodology and fairness for 6 years, lost in court to the IOC again this week but actually scored big with a year long smear against two unattractive women boxers by claiming they are "bio males" in spite of the boxer's families, countries, the country's boxing commissions and doctors, the ITA and the IOCs own positions that they are indeed female with normal testosterone levels.

I support hard evidence, not hearsay or inuendo, not unproven claims by a Russian boxing association with ties to Putin and sponsored by Gazprom, and I am certainly not swayed by the fever of social justice warriors hiding behind their keyboards on the internet.

The only thing more shameful is the women from Italy and Bulgaria who bought into the lies and claimed foul when they lost.  They are boxers aren't they?

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3.2.34  seeder  Sean Treacy  replied to  evilone @3.2.13    2 months ago
can be in a country where it's illegal to do so

Pretty easy. He has a DSD. Doctor made a mistake with the improperly formed genitalia at birth. 

It just happened with Caster Semanya.   

You guys can keep perpetuating the lie, but it doesn't make it true.

Except there's no evidence it's not true other than ad hominem claims.  

But if it is true, and he does have XY chromosomes, internal testes  and male testosterone levels, do you still think he should fight women? 

bugsy
Professor Participates
3.2.35  bugsy  replied to  sandy-2021492 @3.2.24    2 months ago

[deleted][]

evilone
Professor Guide
3.2.36  evilone  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.2.34    2 months ago
Pretty easy. He has a DSD. Doctor made a mistake with the improperly formed genitalia at birth. 

I find it hilarious you based your 'facts' on a biased Russian source, because you have an identity politics problem.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3.2.37  seeder  Sean Treacy  replied to  evilone @3.2.36    2 months ago

You have no facts, other than saying nun unh..

Why won’t you answer the question?

But if it is true, and he does have XY chromosomes, internal testes  and male testosterone levels, do you still think he should fight women?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3.2.38  TᵢG  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.2.37    2 months ago

Your question is biased since you repeatedly refer to this athlete as 'he'.   So I have no expectation of objectivity on your part.

The gray area between the clearly male and clearly female sex is obviously full of biological complexity.    Since we are trying to draw a line (make a simplistic linear distinction) the biological factors will make this a very difficult task.

I do not know how to draw the line when in the grayest areas.   My first reaction is to look at genitalia at birth.   Penis=male;  no penis=female.   But when there is a combination of genitalia we now have to try to make a linear distinction in a complex, inherently, nonlinear set of factors.   I do not expect to see a clear answer.

In principle, I am against a biological male competing in a division designed for biological females.   But being realistic, human beings come in all sorts of variations and there are some genetically strong women on the planet.   Their strength gives them an advantage but we would never consider making them compete against men.

In this case, the reporting I have seen overwhelmingly indicates that Khelif is a biological female.   She has elevated testosterone levels (compared to the average female) and possibly has some XY chromosomes (an oddity).   So she is in the gray area.   But with female genitalia and no question about being raised as a female since birth, I will stick with her being female until we have some clear, convincing, logical evidence based on science that shows that she is more male than female and should thus be considered male in binary decisions such as Olympic competition.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3.2.39  seeder  Sean Treacy  replied to  TᵢG @3.2.38    2 months ago

some clear, convincing, logical evidence based on science 

scientific evidence is, of course, possessing XY chromosomes and male levels of testosterone.  If  you don’t accept that, are just using  calls for more scientific evidence which you will almost certainly never find satisfactory as a cover to  allow your subjective feelings to be determinative.

That he was  raised as a girl is meaningless, if you actually care about science. 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3.2.40  TᵢG  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.2.39    2 months ago

I noted both the elevated testosterone and potentially having XY chromosomes (as well as XX chromosomes).

So at what point does elevated testosterone determine that an individual is male?   Give me the scientific number.

What percentage of XY chromosomes determine that an individual is male?   Give me the scientific number.

My point is that you do not know.   You do not know because this has not been scientifically determined.   This is the gray area where we have yet to figure out how to make a linear distinction given a number of inherently nonlinear biological factors.

That he was  raised as a girl is meaningless, if you actually care about science. 

How about being raised female given she does not have a penis?   Does that matter to you?

JBB
Professor Principal
3.2.41  JBB  replied to  TᵢG @3.2.38    2 months ago

After all this time of the far right insisting that sex was binary. That children were either male or female without any exceptions. Now that reality has rarred its head they are going all whackywoo.

The true incidence of intersex birth has always been grossly underreported for obvious very personal reasons. Nobody wants their childs sexual identity speculated about by parents and other students. Historically in most cases a very early decision was made to assign as female when the baby's sex was indeterminate because that is easiest to address surgically. 

Historically, women athletes succeeded by having typical male qualities like bigger muscles or just being bigger than average females. Questioning these women's sex is a can of worms!

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3.2.42  TᵢG  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.2.39    2 months ago

So in your learned opinion, merely possessing some XY chromosomes means you are a male.   And merely having elevated levels of testosterone means you are male.   Forget that she was born sans penis.

This is all what you deem.   No quantification, no scientific basic, just your opinion.

You are not making a scientific argument.   You are simply insisting that this individual is a male because she ostensibly has some XY chromosomes (along with XX chromosomes) and has an elevated testosterone level.

JBB
Professor Principal
3.2.43  JBB  replied to  TᵢG @3.2.42    2 months ago

Except those variations can be, and in this case are, within normal natural ranges. The whole point of athletics is to honor exceptional talents, those who are naturally bigger, stronger and faster...

JBB
Professor Principal
4  JBB    2 months ago

Best I can tell Imane Khelif was born and raised a biological woman.

So, what is the problem? Her looks? Turkish women are handsome... 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4.1  seeder  Sean Treacy  replied to  JBB @4    2 months ago

He has Male chromosomes and hormones.  It’s why he’s been previously banned from fighting women.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
4.2  Right Down the Center  replied to  JBB @4    2 months ago

Born and raised does not trump chromosomes.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
4.3  Greg Jones  replied to  JBB @4    2 months ago

See the video in #5. That freak is no biological woman.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.3.1  Tessylo  replied to  Greg Jones @4.3    2 months ago

"That freak"

jrSmiley_98_smiley_image.gif

goose is back
Junior Guide
4.4  goose is back  replied to  JBB @4    2 months ago
was born....biological woman.

Which is impossible. 

JBB
Professor Principal
4.4.1  JBB  replied to  goose is back @4.4    2 months ago

Despite all the guff you guys are dishing out nobody has presented any information or evidence otherwise. I saw her Father say he denied her boxing lessons because "She was a girl and girls don't box". She was a girl in a Muslim family in a Muslim nation! Should she be fighting men? "Intersex" can sometimes be indeterminate.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
4.4.2  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JBB @4.4.1    2 months ago

Gonna need a citation for that...................could have been a way to get it to admit to being a boy. "Girls don't box but boys do so if you want to be a girl, you aren't going to box."

JBB
Professor Principal
4.4.3  JBB  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @4.4.2    2 months ago

Here you go...

See new posts

Conversation

H5TMKd51_bigger.jpg
Intelschizo
@Schizointel
Follow
Imane Khelif is not a transgender woman; she was born female and has not undergone any treatments or procedures to change her gender. In March 2023, Khelif was disqualified for failing to meet eligibility criteria shortly before her gold medal bout at the 2023 IBA Women's World Boxing Championships. The Algerian Olympic Committee said Khelif was disqualified for medical reasons. It later emerged that the disqualification was due to naturally high levels of testosterone. International Boxing Association president Umar Kremlev claimed that the DNA test results of Khelif and other athletes "proved they had XY chromosomes", however, these supposed results were never published because they weren't done, the test was about testosterone only. Also in Algeria, transitioning is not legally allowed and is strongly prohibited by Islamic law, as a conservative Islamic country. https:// unicef.org/algeria/en/sto ries/top-female-boxer-imane-khelif-dreams-gold-inspire-young-people https:// olympedia.org/athletes/140408 https:// bbc.com/sport/olympics /articles/crgmyv9my0do

This iframe is not allowed

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
4.4.4  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JBB @4.4.3    2 months ago

Thanks

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.4.5  Tessylo  replied to  goose is back @4.4    2 months ago

Despite all evidence to the contrary.

How is it impossible????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????/

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
5  Greg Jones    2 months ago

As usual, no leftist response to this latest attack on women, this time at the Olympics. I believe that Biden's revision of Title IX rules go into effect today although several states have blocked it. The only way this stupidity is going to end is for an increasing numbers of women and girls simply refuse to compete against these phony females.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1  Tessylo  replied to  Greg Jones @5    2 months ago

How are 'women' being attacked?

Split Personality
Professor Guide
5.2  Split Personality  replied to  Greg Jones @5    2 months ago
As usual, no leftist response to this latest attack on women, this time at the Olympics.

As usual the first people to respond to emotional click bait end up looking the most foolish and you are certainly not alone in this.

I believe that Biden's revision of Title IX rules go into effect today although several states have blocked it. The only way this stupidity is going to end is for an increasing numbers of women and girls simply refuse to compete against these phony females.

Except that "WE" Americans don't write the rules for the Olympics or any other country and the fighter Imane Keliff was born a Muslim woman, raised a Muslim woman and competes like a killer.

Yes, in 2023 she tested too high for natural testosterone and was banned from fighting, maybe that means she loaded up on garlic, onions and shellfish before the test.

In any case that 2024 Olympics tested her as normal hormonal level for a woman this month.  She's not a trans person or a phony female.

What she, Imane Keliif, did was publicly turn the Italian fighter into a little girl who is now tired of boxing.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6  Vic Eldred    2 months ago

This may be the end of a dream for Angela Carini.

GT5ZzuIXUAA_yNw?format=jpg&name=small

Just another reason why I'm so fond of the left.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
6.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Vic Eldred @6    2 months ago

Sad sad stuff....................

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.2  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @6    2 months ago

What do the 'left' have to do with this?

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
6.2.1  Right Down the Center  replied to  Tessylo @6.2    2 months ago
What do the 'left' have to do with this?

Many support and condone it.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
6.2.2  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Tessylo @6.2    2 months ago

Pushing the fucking idea that all one has to do is imagine they are a different gender for it to be so.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.2.3  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @6.2.2    2 months ago

How is that possible?

Citation?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.2.4  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @6.2.2    2 months ago

How did the 'left' do that??????????????????????

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
6.2.5  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Tessylo @6.2.3    2 months ago

Citation??? The evidence is all around you FFS. Pushing the gender affirming treatments and care......JFC 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.2.6  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @6.2.5    2 months ago

What?  If this evidence 'is all around', why can't you provide it?

WHO EXACTLY is pushing 'the gender affirming treatments and care'?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.2.7  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @6.2.5    2 months ago

How is it 'that someone imagines they're the opposite gender for it to be so'?????????????????

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.2.8  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @6.2.5    2 months ago

So, you have no proof.

Got it!

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
6.2.9  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Tessylo @6.2.7    2 months ago

Look at the damned boxer in this story. Look at the swimmer Lia Thomas..............

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.2.10  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @6.2.9    2 months ago

What does the left have to do with either one of them?

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
6.2.11  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Tessylo @6.2.10    2 months ago

See 6.2.1 and various other comments this time, with an open mind.

JBB
Professor Principal
6.2.12  JBB  replied to  Tessylo @6.2    2 months ago

She was beat by a biological woman who was born a woman.

This article is based on a utter lie and is purposely misleading!

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
6.2.13  seeder  Sean Treacy  replied to  JBB @6.2.12    2 months ago

He has Male chromosomes and hormones.  It’s why he’s been previously banned from fighting women.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.2.14  Tessylo  replied to  JBB @6.2.12    2 months ago

SSDD

Split Personality
Professor Guide
6.2.15  Split Personality  replied to  Sean Treacy @6.2.13    2 months ago
He has Male chromosomes and hormones.  

False, she was not tested for XY chromosomes last year. That was an ASSumption based on the testosterone level at that time in 2023 by that boxing commission.

It’s why he’s been previously banned from fighting women.

She was banned last year for exceeding a natural testosterone level arbitrarily arrived at by the Olympics and other Boxing Commissions.  This year the testosterone level was low enough to appeal and the Olympics allowed her to compete.

Born female, raised female in an ultra Muslim society...

https://   unicef.org/algeria/en/sto  ries/top-female-boxer-imane-khelif-dreams-gold-inspire-young-people     https://   olympedia.org/athletes/140408   https://   bbc.com/sport/olympics  /articles/crgmyv9my0do  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.2.16  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @6.2.11    2 months ago

4.4.3 and 6.2.12 are the truth

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
6.2.17  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Split Personality @6.2.15    2 months ago

Exactly, the Italian boxer is such a pussy.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.2.18  Tessylo  replied to  JBB @6.2.12    2 months ago

Sounds like the one who lost is just a whiny little bitch WHO LOST.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
6.2.19  Split Personality  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @6.2.17    2 months ago

Maybe she hormonal?

She certainly sounds like she believed the rumors about the Algerian and gave up rather quickly.

devangelical
Professor Principal
6.2.20  devangelical  replied to  Split Personality @6.2.19    2 months ago

her daddy should have spent the money on getting her mustache lasered off and her teeth fixed instead of buying her a spot on the italian olympic team. meh, live and learn...

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
6.2.21  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  devangelical @6.2.20    2 months ago

Exactly, typical Italian fuck up.

JBB
Professor Principal
6.2.22  JBB  replied to  Sean Treacy @6.2.13    2 months ago

She did not, has not and does not have male chromosomes! She is not a man transitioning to a woman. She is a woman!

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
6.2.23  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JBB @6.2.22    2 months ago

Raised as a man it seems......................

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
6.2.24  sandy-2021492  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @6.2.23    2 months ago

Link?  Because literally every source I can find says otherwise.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
6.2.25  Split Personality  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @6.2.23    2 months ago

Every source I found says that she was equally a terror football player through her teens but she wanted to

learn to fight and her father eventually relented.

JBB
Professor Principal
6.2.26  JBB  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @6.2.23    2 months ago

No, she is a woman raised as a woman with all woman parts.

And now you sre just making shit up trying to keep a lie alive!

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
6.2.27  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JBB @6.2.26    2 months ago

Martina Navratilova said on X: “This is all on [the] IOC and those in power who make the rules. It’s a travesty and makes a mockery of all Olympic sports.”

JBB
Professor Principal
6.2.28  JBB  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @6.2.27    2 months ago

Then she is misinformed. She must have watched Fox News!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.2.29  Tessylo  replied to  devangelical @6.2.20    2 months ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.2.30  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @6.2.23    2 months ago

Proof?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.2.31  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @6.2.11    2 months ago

It appears we on the left are the ones with the open minds - to reality and the truth.

jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
6.2.32  Right Down the Center  replied to  JBB @6.2.26    2 months ago
  with all woman parts.

Have you seen them?  Just curious, don't want you to share pictures if you have them.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
6.2.33  Right Down the Center  replied to  Tessylo @6.2.31    2 months ago
It appears we on the left are the ones with the open minds - to reality and the truth.

When, how, where?

Split Personality
Professor Guide
6.2.34  Split Personality  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @6.2.27    2 months ago

I always thought Martina needed a DNA test well as many other Russian female athletes.

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
6.2.35  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Split Personality @6.2.34    2 months ago

I thought she was Czech before asking for the USA for asylum.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.2.36  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @6.2.11    2 months ago

It's just not possible for you to admit that you're wrong.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
6.2.37  Right Down the Center  replied to  Tessylo @6.2.36    2 months ago

Why would someone admit being wrong if they are not wrong? 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
6.2.38  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Tessylo @6.2.36    2 months ago

Dripping with irony

Split Personality
Professor Guide
6.2.39  Split Personality  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @6.2.35    2 months ago

Back then was there a difference between russia and those countries behind the "iron curtain"?

Russia installed troops to preserve communism in Czechoslovakia in 1968 and remained in the russian sphere until 1990

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
6.2.40  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Split Personality @6.2.39    2 months ago
Back then was there a difference between russia and those countries behind the "iron curtain"?

Poland and Czechoslovakia thought so.

[deleted][]

Split Personality
Professor Guide
6.2.41  Split Personality  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @6.2.40    2 months ago

Martina made a strange statement today that she was told to train, train, train to bulk up to make muscles regardless of how she felt, she worked through her periods etc. so she could dominate her sport.

That's fine by me, but kind of a blind spot considering Khelif's sacrifice and training to do the very same thing.

So let's say this Khelif and Lin do have XY chromosomes. (no proof yet) 

DO we allow the IOC or IBA to ban a handful of xy female people who have lost many bouts to other women

or do we force her/them to fight men of the same weight class?

Btw, the Italian fighter, has apologized to Khelif, the IOC and Italy for her behavior in the ring which ended the fight.

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
6.2.42  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Split Personality @6.2.41    2 months ago

I don’t know how to reply without risking being misunderstood for trolling.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
6.2.43  Split Personality  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @6.2.42    2 months ago

I don't believe her sexuality was an issue or part of the topic.

Billy Jean King was a champion many times without being a threatening muscular player.

Mostly this whole kerfuffle is going to boil down to the bad blood between the former AIAB, the IBA which replaced it and the IOC which banned it last year for good.

The AIAB, like Don King's enterprises were plagued by questionable practices.  It just seems to be a part of boxing.

But the IBA, far from cleaning up the reputation of the AIAB, doubled down on the Mafia style of management while "electing" known Russian criminals with associations to Putin and even now Gazprom sponsorship, by canceling election, Un-certifying competing candidates to the current russian president,

or changing the results of two bouts  in 2023 inexplicably for unspecified violations of some gender test.

Eventually the IOC said enough is enough and no longer recognizes any IBA authority to judge current and future boxers or their eligibility.  A new agency called "World Boxing" is trying to fill the void after the Court of Arbitration for Sports dismissed the IBA suit against the IOC.

Since 2019 Khelif is 37 - 9 unbeaten since 2022 except for the bout in 2023 overturned for the gender test.

Lin YU-ting's record is 41-14 since 2013 and a national hero in Taiwan.

These two athletes were the victims of a sudden and arbitrary decision by the IBA. Towards the end of the IBA World Championships in 2023, they were suddenly disqualified without any due process.

According to the  IBA minutes  available on their website, this decision was initially taken solely by the IBA Secretary General and CEO. The IBA Board only ratified it afterwards and only subsequently requested that a procedure to follow in similar cases in the future be established and reflected in the IBA Regulations. The minutes also say that the IBA should “establish a clear procedure on gender testing”.

The current aggression against these two athletes is based entirely on this arbitrary decision, which was taken without any proper procedure – especially considering that these athletes had been competing in top-level competition for many years.

Such an approach is contrary to good governance.

Who is Lin Yu-ting? Bio and controversial history of Taiwanese boxer at 2024 Olympics  | Sporting News

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
6.2.44  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Split Personality @6.2.43    2 months ago
I don't believe her sexuality was an issue or part of the topic.

Then what was your rationale for thinking that Martina “needed a DNA test”? 6.2.34

Split Personality
Professor Guide
6.2.45  Split Personality  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @6.2.44    2 months ago
I always thought Martina needed a DNA test well as many other Russian female athletes.

My rationale was that that the Russians and their satellite countries cranked out many manly looking women at every international sporting event.  I never mentioned or implied their sexual preference in marital matters was a factor in their sports performances.

have a good weekend.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.2.46  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @6.2.38    2 months ago

Bullshit - I've admitted several times in the past when I was wrong.

[deleted][]

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
6.2.47  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Split Personality @6.2.45    2 months ago
My rationale was that that the Russians and their satellite countries cranked out many manly looking women at every international sporting event. 

Except she wasn’t Russian and asked for US asylum at 18.

have a good weekend

You too.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
6.2.48  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Tessylo @6.2.46    2 months ago

I have several times. [deleted][]

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
6.2.49  sandy-2021492  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @6.2.48    2 months ago

How about this statement, then?

Raised as a man it seems......................

Thomas
Masters Guide
6.2.50  Thomas  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @6.2.2    2 months ago

Ok, so what if the boxer in question has x-Y chromosome but presents as a women in all the right ways? I think that is what this girl is doing. 

I mean like do we burn her at the stake or is stoning sufficient?

People with Swyer syndrome, according to the National Library of Medicine, have one X chromosome and one Y chromosome in each cell (typically found in boys and men), but they have female reproductive structures. Again, it's not known whether either of the boxers has these genetic variations.

They have both been competing as women from the start.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.2.51  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @6.2.48    2 months ago

In this 'article' you have failed to do so when it's been shown that this WOMAN is indeed a WOMAN.  

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
6.2.52  sandy-2021492  replied to  Tessylo @6.2.51    2 months ago

And was raised as a woman.

goose is back
Junior Guide
7  goose is back    2 months ago

This is what women and girls have to look forward to with Democrats in charge.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1  Tessylo  replied to  goose is back @7    2 months ago

What do Democrats have to do with this?

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
7.1.1  Right Down the Center  replied to  Tessylo @7.1    2 months ago

Many support and condone it.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
7.1.2  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Tessylo @7.1    2 months ago

See 6.2.2

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1.3  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @7.1.2    2 months ago

How did they do that?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1.4  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @7.1.2    2 months ago

So no proof, no citation, that the 'left' said you can imagine you're a man if you're a woman and that makes it so or vice versa?  

How?

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
7.1.5  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Tessylo @7.1.3    2 months ago

If I recall, you have no problem with it..............

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1.6  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @7.1.5    2 months ago

Proof?

goose is back
Junior Guide
7.1.7  goose is back  replied to  Tessylo @7.1    2 months ago

Who supports the boys and men in girls and women's sports, who supports boys and men in women's bathrooms and locker rooms Democrats or Republicans?

goose is back
Junior Guide
7.1.8  goose is back  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @7.1.5    2 months ago

[]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1.9  Tessylo  replied to  Tessylo @7.1.6    2 months ago

A problem with what?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1.10  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @7.1.2    2 months ago

But she's not a different gender so this whole fucking 'article' is moot and it turns out this other boxer is just a whiny little bitch who lost.

devangelical
Professor Principal
7.1.11  devangelical  replied to  Tessylo @7.1.10    2 months ago

it's just another reason for thumpers to get a knot in their dicks over some perceived olympic offense ...

TᵢG
Professor Principal
8  TᵢG    2 months ago

It does not seem that Imane Khelif is a biological male;  best I can tell, she is just a manly woman.   If so, that is fair.

devangelical
Professor Principal
8.1  devangelical  replied to  TᵢG @8    2 months ago

funny, I thought having a vagina or a penis was the only gender determination criteria that conservatives had...

Split Personality
Professor Guide
8.1.1  Split Personality  replied to  devangelical @8.1    2 months ago

Exactly but for eight or nine hours a 2023 hormone test from some unnamed boxing commission was all the earliest comments needed to turn this Olympic bout into a partisan "bash the left party" about transgendered people competing in sports, which bathrooms they use etc.

An exceptional female boxer humiliated another female boxer who lost her composure most publicly.

That's not the Olympic spirit and a black eye for Italy.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  Split Personality @8.1.1    2 months ago

Folks are just so proud of their ignorance.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
9  Greg Jones    2 months ago

I've seen some pretty masculine women, but this one takes the cake, no visible sign of being female, and totally lacking tits.

All this profound analysis doesn't explain the evidence of the elevated testosterone levels.

And also unexplained is the almost total acceptance by the left of men claiming to be women, who most definitely are not.

"Lia" Thomas being the most egregious example. Why this support?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
9.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Greg Jones @9    2 months ago
And also unexplained is the almost total acceptance by the left of men claiming to be women

I dont know where you get that idea, but I am "left" and I dont approve of "men" playing womens sports. 

As far as accepting trans people , I generally think its none of my business. Why is it yours ?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
9.2  TᵢG  replied to  Greg Jones @9    2 months ago

If she is genetically/biologically female, do you have a problem with her competing as a female?   No matter how manly she might appear?

All this profound analysis doesn't explain the evidence of the elevated testosterone levels.

Women produce testosterone too.   Produced right there in the ovaries and other areas of the body.   An elevated level would be more of it than is usually found in the average female.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
9.2.1  sandy-2021492  replied to  TᵢG @9.2    2 months ago
Women produce testosterone too.

Exactly.

In past discussions on this topic, some folks have shown a remarkable resistance to information.  Biology is more complicated than XX=female and XY=male, with females producing only estrogen and males producing only testosterone.  Reality is not nearly as black and white as that.  But deeper knowledge both requires effort and doesn't fit some narratives, so some avoid and ignore it.

Women produce testosterone, not just estrogen and progesterone.  Men produce estrogen and progesterone, not just testosterone.  Both produce varying levels of sex hormones at different times of their lives, with the obvious results being puberty in men and women, and menopause in women.  Women produce varying levels of sex hormones in relation to their menstrual cycles, and not every cycle is identical in one particular woman.  The adrenal glands in both sexes also produce sex hormones, and not only the hormones generally associated with their sex.  Dysfunction of the adrenal gland or pituitary gland, which runs the whole thing, can cause abnormal levels of sex hormones, including elevated testosterone.  So can polycystic ovarian syndrome in women, which is fairly common.

Given the complexity of the endocrine system and its interaction with the reproductive system, it is not at all surprising that things sometimes go awry.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.2.2  Tessylo  replied to  TᵢG @9.2    2 months ago

Yeah, my go to source for biology would be those here denigrating this woman.  

'totally lacking tits'

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
9.2.3  Right Down the Center  replied to  Tessylo @9.2.2    2 months ago
denigrating this woman

But calling a woman a whiny bitch is ok?

bugsy
Professor Participates
9.2.4  bugsy  replied to  Right Down the Center @9.2.3    2 months ago

[deleted][]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.2.5  Tessylo  replied to  Right Down the Center @9.2.3    2 months ago

[deleted][]

Igknorantzruls
Freshman Quiet
9.3  Igknorantzruls  replied to  Greg Jones @9    2 months ago
unexplained is the almost total acceptance by the left of men claiming to be women, who most definitely are not.

where do you get off on this notion, the bedroom ...?

cause as Independent of thought, and reason, I believe if born a man, don't care if you wish to change identity, but you should not be able to compete in another genders' sports competition, imho 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.4  Tessylo  replied to  Greg Jones @9    2 months ago

So classy!

Split Personality
Professor Guide
9.5  Split Personality  replied to  Greg Jones @9    2 months ago

Did you ever have a problem with Andre the Giant pursuing a career in wrestling when there obviously something wrong with him and anyone he faced in the ring was at a disadvantage because of his size?

Most people function within the boundary of acceptable levels of hormones but there are always outliers.

Kheliff could be an outlier or just a really angry woman about how she looks or how she is judged by complete strangers who do not know her.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
9.6  Split Personality  replied to  Greg Jones @9    2 months ago
've seen some pretty masculine women, but this one takes the cake, no visible sign of being female, and totally lacking tits.

You are obviously not a fan of track/field or gymnastics.  zero body fat = no tits.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
9.6.1  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Split Personality @9.6    2 months ago

They should just go back to how the Olympics were originally ran , naked .

I havent been following them due to lack of interest , but the story of that pole vaulter losing out on a medal because of a "hang up" due to his olympic sized package  did cross my news feed 

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
9.6.2  sandy-2021492  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @9.6.1    2 months ago

Saw that vid in slow motion.  Looked potentially pretty painful.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
10  Hal A. Lujah    2 months ago

How ironic that the same people who emphatically claim there are only two genders are misgendering a person born with a vagina.  The article offers nothing about what was down there at birth, but if it was a penis it would definitely be mentioned.  They use anything to degrade the left, even when it contradicts themselves.

JBB
Professor Principal
10.1  JBB  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @10    2 months ago

Exactly! 

devangelical
Professor Principal
10.2  devangelical  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @10    2 months ago
anything to degrade the left, even when it contradicts themselves

apparently they think that their opposition is as fucking stupid as they are...

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
11  Right Down the Center    2 months ago

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
11.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  Right Down the Center @11    2 months ago

That is why I'm no longer watching the Olympics.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
11.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @11.1    2 months ago
That is why I'm no longer watching the Olympics.

Heartbreaking news. 

JBB
Professor Principal
11.1.2  JBB  replied to  Vic Eldred @11.1    2 months ago

Why? There have always been lots of masculine looking biological woman competing in every Olympics since ancient Greece...

Tessylo
Professor Principal
11.1.3  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @11.1.1    2 months ago

Even when knowing the truth - what a lost/hopeless cause.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
12  seeder  Sean Treacy    2 months ago

XY =Man.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
12.1  TᵢG  replied to  Sean Treacy @12    2 months ago

Women can have XY chromosomes too.   Biology is not so simple.  

I think we are dealing with a gray area here.  Imane Khelif appears to be a woman, but she has a higher level of testosterone than the average woman and if she has XY chromosomes, as some report, that would help explain the higher level of testosterone.

She appears to be a very manly woman.

The question now is where does the Olympic committee draw the line when we are dealing in such a gray area?   Do they base their decision on whether the athlete was born with or without a penis?   Is it some combination of physical genitalia at birth and chemical composition of hormones and genetic factors such as chromosomes?

This is not an easy thing to decide.   It is not going to be a simple mathematical equality.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
12.1.1  Ronin2  replied to  TᵢG @12.1    2 months ago

Biology is very simple.[]

TᵢG
Professor Principal
12.1.2  TᵢG  replied to  Ronin2 @12.1.1    2 months ago

Explain your demonstrably ridiculous claim.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
12.1.3  sandy-2021492  replied to  Ronin2 @12.1.1    2 months ago

Read, and absorb:

On biological sex: Open Ocean Exploration @RebeccaRHelm
Rebecca is a biologist and an assistant professor at the University of North Carolina, Asheville USA.
'Friendly neighborhood biologist here. I see a lot of people are talking about biological sexes and gender right now. Lots of folks make biological sex sex seem really simple. Well, since it’s so simple, let’s find the biological roots, shall we? Let’s talk about sex...[a thread]
If you know a bit about biology you will probably say that biological sex is caused by chromosomes, XX and you’re female, XY and you’re male. This is “chromosomal sex” but is it “biological sex”? Well...
Turns out there is only ONE GENE on the Y chromosome that really matters to sex. It’s called the SRY gene. During human embryonic development the SRY protein turns on male-associated genes. Having an SRY gene makes you “genetically male”. But is this “biological sex”?
Sometimes that SRY gene pops off the Y chromosome and over to an X chromosome. Surprise! So now you’ve got an X with an SRY and a Y without an SRY. What does this mean?
A Y with no SRY means physically you’re female, chromosomally you’re male (XY) and genetically you’re female (no SRY). An X with an SRY means you’re physically male, chromsomally female (XX) and genetically male (SRY). But biological sex is simple! There must be another answer...
Sex-related genes ultimately turn on hormones in specifics areas on the body, and reception of those hormones by cells throughout the body. Is this the root of “biological sex”??
“Hormonal male” means you produce ‘normal’ levels of male-associated hormones. Except some percentage of females will have higher levels of ‘male’ hormones than some percentage of males. Ditto ditto ‘female’ hormones. And...
...if you’re developing, your body may not produce enough hormones for your genetic sex. Leading you to be genetically male or female, chromosomally male or female, hormonally non-binary, and physically non-binary. Well, except cells have something to say about this...
Maybe cells are the answer to “biological sex”?? Right?? Cells have receptors that “hear” the signal from sex hormones. But sometimes those receptors don’t work. Like a mobile phone that’s on “do not disturb’. Call and cell, they will not answer.
What does this all mean?
It means you may be genetically male or female, chromosomally male or female, hormonally male/female/non-binary, with cells that may or may not hear the male/female/non-binary call, and all this leading to a body that can be male/non-binary/female.
Try out some combinations for yourself. Notice how confusing it gets? Can you point to what the absolute cause of biological sex is? Is it fair to judge people by it?
Of course you could try appealing to the numbers. “Most people are either male or female” you say. Except that as a biologist professor I will tell you...
The reason I don’t have my students look at their own chromosome in class is because people could learn that their chromosomal sex doesn’t match their physical sex, and learning that in the middle of a 10-point assignment is JUST NOT THE TIME.
Biological sex is complicated. Before you discriminate against someone on the basis of “biological sex” & identity, ask yourself: have you seen YOUR chromosomes? Do you know the genes of the people you love? The hormones of the people you work with? The state of their cells?
Since the answer will obviously be no, please be kind, respect people’s right to tell you who they are, and remember that you don’t have all the answers. Again: biology is complicated. Kindness and respect don’t have to be.'
Note: Biological classifications exist. XX, XY, XXY XXYY and all manner of variation which is why sex isn't classified as binary. You can't have a binary classification system with more than two configurations even if two of those configurations are more common than others.
Biology is a shitshow.
Be kind to people.

GregTx
Professor Guide
12.1.4  GregTx  replied to  sandy-2021492 @12.1.3    2 months ago

I agree that biology can be a shitshow, however it should not be in an athletic competition. Unless it's a no bars competition then no one with XY chromosomes should be competing in a women's competition. 

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
12.1.5  sandy-2021492  replied to  GregTx @12.1.4    2 months ago

You actually don't know what this woman's biology is.  All we have are uncorroborated reports from an organization that is known for corruption (especially when Russina athletes get beaten), which actually let her compete when it claimed she had failed gender testing a year earlier, is no longer allowed to determine eligibility for Olympic athletes, and won't say what kind of testing it performed. 

Would you decide on her eligibility without that knowledge?

GregTx
Professor Guide
12.1.6  GregTx  replied to  sandy-2021492 @12.1.5    2 months ago

No, I would have demanded testing by my organization. Did the IOC, to your knowledge?

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
12.1.7  sandy-2021492  replied to  GregTx @12.1.6    2 months ago

Should all athletes be tested?  Or just her?  If just her, why?

GregTx
Professor Guide
12.1.8  GregTx  replied to  sandy-2021492 @12.1.7    2 months ago
Should all athletes be tested?

They already are. Apparently it just depends on by whom and for what...

Or just her? If just her, why?

Not at all. Why are the two boxers disqualified from the IBA female championship suddenly Olympics contenders?..  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
12.1.9  Tessylo  replied to  sandy-2021492 @12.1.7    2 months ago

Obviously just her.

JBB
Professor Principal
12.1.10  JBB  replied to  GregTx @12.1.8    2 months ago

Because they are biological women who should not have been disqualified in the first place. They were born women, raised women, not trans and never had any sex change therepies...

Tessylo
Professor Principal
12.1.11  Tessylo  replied to  JBB @12.1.10    2 months ago

Just won't admit to being wrong, not possible jbb.  Lost cause/hopeless.  And they always have to have the last word.

GregTx
Professor Guide
12.1.12  GregTx  replied to  JBB @12.1.10    2 months ago

Ok, a simple test would reveal those facts, don't you think? Amazingly the IOC doesn't think that would help the situation .....

JBB
Professor Principal
12.1.13  JBB  replied to  GregTx @12.1.12    2 months ago

Because they passed all the IOC gender and doping tests...

They're biological women. The case is closed. Quit digging.

JBB
Professor Principal
12.1.14  JBB  replied to  Tessylo @12.1.11    2 months ago

They must be illiterate to not know the facts by now...

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
12.1.15  sandy-2021492  replied to  GregTx @12.1.8    2 months ago
They already are.

Then she passed, as evidenced by the fact that she is still competing.

Why are the two boxers disqualified from the IBA female championship suddenly Olympics contenders?..

Because the IBA was stripped of its authority to determine eligibility.  They were found to be corrupt and in the pocket of the Kremlin.

2010–2019

[ edit ]

The organization has been involved in multiple corruption scandals including on several editions of the   Summer Olympic Games . [18] [19]   In December 2017, the   International Olympic Committee   (IOC) expressed concerns about the governance of AIBA under Wu's leadership, [20]   and reaffirmed these concerns at an IOC Executive Board decision in February 2018. [21]   In June 2019, the IOC voted to suspend its recognition of AIBA as the governing body for the sport, stripping AIBA of any involvement in the Olympic Games. The IOC oversaw the qualification events and the boxing tournament at the 2020 Olympic Games through a task force chaired by   Morinari Watanabe   (JPN), President of the   International Gymnastics Federation . [4] [22]

In September 2021, an independent report found that bouts leading up to and during the 2016 Rio Olympics had been manipulated. [48]  To investigate  boxing at the 2016 Summer Olympics  and potential corruption of the AIBA, Canadian lawyer Professor  Richard McLaren  was appointed by AIBA to conduct a three-stage investigation. [49] [50]  The report found bouts had been manipulated for money (up to $250,000), the perceived benefit of AIBA, or to thank National Federations, their Olympic committees, or hosts of competitions for their financial support and political backing. [51] [52] [53]

Amid the vote, the IBA suspended the Ukraine Boxing Federation, accusing it of alleged "government interference" with the proposed election. [55]   At the 2022 European Junior Boxing Championships afterward, the Ukraine delegation was initially prohibited from competing under its flag, resulting in multiple boxers   forfeiting their matches   in protest. The IBA subsequently stated that the delegation would be allowed to compete under their flag. [58] [59]   The IOC expressed concern over the suspension, and stated that it would be investigated. [60]

On 5 October, the IBA lifted its ban on Russian and Belarusian athletes competing under their flags, stating that it "strongly believes that politics shouldn't have any influence on sports." The IBA had followed other sports bodies in prohibiting Russian and Belarusian athletes amid the Russian invasion of Ukraine. The move faced criticism, with Finland and Sweden stating that they would boycott any IBA-sanctioned event featuring Russian or Belarusian boxers. [61] [62] [63]

They suspended Ukraine, but lifted the ban on Russian and Belarusian athletes?  While moving operations to Russia, and having as their only corporate sponsor a Russian state-owned energy company?  Very interesting, in the IOC's opinion.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
12.1.16  Tessylo  replied to  JBB @12.1.10    2 months ago

She's been getting a lot of hateful threats ever since THE RIGHT SPREAD THESE LIES AND IGNORANCE THAT SHE IS A BIOLOGIC MALE.

YET SOMEHOW THE LEFT IS BEING BLAMED, AS USUAL.

JBB
Professor Principal
12.1.17  JBB  replied to  sandy-2021492 @12.1.15    2 months ago

The really bad sad part is that so many who claimed to support women's athletes and women's athletics fell for this fake story, jumped to a wrongheaded conclusion and hurt all women athletes while unfairly bullying innocent women athletes for being stronger!

Not Cool!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
12.1.18  Tessylo  replied to  JBB @12.1.17    2 months ago

The 'right' is portraying this whole, whatever the fuck this is, as one boxer beating the shit out of another boxer, this was a boxing match, what the fuck, as an uneven match, or unfair, out of the lie that this is a man posing as a woman

AND ON TOP OF THAT - she is being threatened because of it

Tessylo
Professor Principal
12.1.19  Tessylo  replied to  JBB @12.1.14    2 months ago

Plus can't/won't admit they're wrong

GregTx
Professor Guide
12.1.20  GregTx  replied to  sandy-2021492 @12.1.15    2 months ago

Right? It did say she was a woman on her passport after all....

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
12.1.21  sandy-2021492  replied to  GregTx @12.1.20    2 months ago

Make up your mind, Greg.  First you say

They already are.

regarding all Olympic athletes being gender tested.

But you turn around and say

Ok, a simple test would reveal those facts, don't you think? Amazingly the IOC doesn't think that would help the situation .....

Which of those contradictory statements are you claiming is the truth?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.1.22  Vic Eldred  replied to  sandy-2021492 @12.1.3    2 months ago

Oh, Rebecca R Helm on Facebook tells us that it's complicated!

Before you discriminate against someone on the basis of “biological sex” & identity, ask yourself: have you seen YOUR chromosomes? Do you know the genes of the people you love? The hormones of the people you work with? The state of their cells?
Since the answer will obviously be no, please be kind, respect people’s right to tell you who they are, and remember that you don’t have all the answers.

Those are the conclusions of a far-left pro-transgender ideologue. We'll stick with the two-gender science.

I think that we now know how people feel about this.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
12.1.23  sandy-2021492  replied to  Vic Eldred @12.1.22    2 months ago

Not just Rebecca R. Helm on Facebook.

Rebecca R. Helm, PhD.

Or do we only "trust the science" when the scientist says what we want her to say?

Can you fault the science, Vic?  Do you know something about biology that this professor of biology doesn't?  Please, do present your research and evidence.

devangelical
Professor Principal
12.1.24  devangelical  replied to  sandy-2021492 @12.1.23    2 months ago

[deleted][]

Split Personality
Professor Guide
12.1.25  Split Personality  replied to  Vic Eldred @12.1.22    2 months ago
I think that we now know how people feel about this.

Well I think we know how a dozen or so members felt when they started this article as a "leftist/Democrat" bashing shit show in support of "the weaker sex" and separate bathrooms depending on your birth certificate. 

12 hours later when the IOC explained their position and the IBA was exposed as just another corrupt boxing association run by cocaine smuggling Russians to promote Russian boxing for Putin and Gazprom, the story has no meat, no bones and no truth other than the two boxers have been smeared for a year, probably for life and the Italian fighter has now apologized to the Algerian, the IOC and to Italy for her demeanor and lack of Olympic spirit.

The IBA, which just had its lawsuit against the Olympics dismissed, doubled down yesterday and announced its own cash prize of $50,000 ( Euros or US?) to the Italian boxer for losing badly.  Today, kremlev, the president of the cash strapped IBA, sponsored by Gazprom, doubled down saying he would pay anyone who loses to Yu=Ting or Khelif.  That's some fucked up sense of "honor" which he cannot afford.

The hatred and misinformation continued today when a Bulgarian boxer lost to Lin Yu-Ting  5-0

and appeared to hand signal two xs to the crowd.

Ignorant, hateful people with zero proof of evidence from a discredited, failed Russian boxing association, continue to express their hate and homophobia on facebook and twitter.

It's just mind blowing how far down the wrong path some people can go without acknowledging the other possibility.

So much for believing birth certs or penis = boy, no penis equals girl.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
12.1.26  Tessylo  replied to  Split Personality @12.1.25    2 months ago

Or admitting they're wrong when the truth is provided over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again

Hallux
Professor Principal
13  Hallux    2 months ago

appears the fellas who have been spreading this 'news', are now retracting:

Tessylo
Professor Principal
13.1  Tessylo  replied to  Hallux @13    2 months ago

But here they're digging their heels in even deeper despite reality

Tessylo
Professor Principal
13.2  Tessylo  replied to  Hallux @13    2 months ago

This woman has been receiving a lot of hate and threats since this ignorance has been spread

Tessylo
Professor Principal
13.3  Tessylo  replied to  Hallux @13    2 months ago

This woman has been receiving a lot of hate and threats since this ignorance has been spread

Igknorantzruls
Freshman Quiet
13.3.1  Igknorantzruls  replied to  Tessylo @13.3    2 months ago

you can say that again

Split Personality
Professor Guide
13.4  Split Personality  replied to  Hallux @13    2 months ago

They don't care, they are proud to hang around and double down

or out and out trolling for trolling's sake.