╌>

Russia is relying on unwitting Americans to spread election disinformation, US officials say

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  jbb  •  2 months ago  •  118 comments

By:   wdbj ( httpswww. wdbj. com)

Russia is relying on unwitting Americans to spread election disinformation, US officials say
The Kremlin is turning to unwitting Americans and commercial public relations firms in Russia to spread disinformation about the U.S. presidential race, top intelligence officials said Monday, detailing the latest efforts by America's adversaries to shape public opinion ahead of the 2024 election.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Russia, China and Iran are continuing to target voters in the U.S. with disinformation and propaganda related to the upcoming presidential election, top intelligence officials told reporters on Monday, July 29, 2024. Groups linked to the Kremlin are increasingly using private public relations firms or unwitting social media users to spread their false claims as a way to hide their tracks.

By The Associated Press published: Jul. 29, 2024 at 6:41 PM EDT

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JBB
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JBB    2 months ago

original

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1  devangelical  replied to  JBB @1    2 months ago

it worked great both times before this one...

Thomas
Masters Guide
1.1.1  Thomas  replied to  devangelical @1.1    2 months ago

January, 6th, 2021.. A day that will live in infamy

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.2  Sparty On  replied to  Thomas @1.1.1    2 months ago

Good luck

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.1.3  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Thomas @1.1.1    2 months ago

Only to hard core leftist liberals with axes to grind.

Thomas
Masters Guide
1.1.4  Thomas  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @1.1.3    2 months ago

Or people with a firm grasp of reality.

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.1.5  Krishna  replied to  Sparty On @1.1.2    2 months ago
Good luck
  Et bonne chance  à toi  mon petit ami!   

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.1.6  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Thomas @1.1.4    2 months ago

Well,  that certainly does not include the people I mentioned.

Thomas
Masters Guide
1.1.7  Thomas  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @1.1.6    2 months ago

Well, I am a liberal libertarian and an unprecedented attack on the seat of power of my country by citizens of that same country just might live in infamy for me.

I don't feel radical at all.

I feel that if one saw and heard what went on that day as I did and fully understands the role that Donald Trump had as instigator of the whole mess as everyone of us should by this time see, then every last one of us, Americans, should not allow the stain of Trump to exist in our government. Never again. Those people who willingly look the other way, those who refuse to see are not patriots. They are traitors to their country and traitors to their Constitution, just as much as Trump is a traitor to the Constitution, the rule of law, and most importantly, his word and the Oath he took to Preserve and Defend the Constitution.

If one cannot see that the facts tell the story, not the people, well then, I am truly sorry, because that person is delusional.

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.8  bugsy  replied to  Thomas @1.1.4    2 months ago

I think very few of those exist on the left.

JBB
Professor Principal
1.1.9  seeder  JBB  replied to  bugsy @1.1.8    2 months ago

You say that now but nobody is calling Democrats a death cult...

original

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.10  bugsy  replied to  JBB @1.1.9    2 months ago

probably a democrat civil war confederate soldier, circa 1860s.

or just a typical democrat slave holder.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1.11  devangelical  replied to  bugsy @1.1.10    2 months ago

see? the stuff you put on the internet is there forever...

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.12  Sparty On  replied to  JBB @1.1.9    2 months ago

[]

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.1.13  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Thomas @1.1.7    2 months ago

You are entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine. Have a good day.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.14  Tessylo  replied to  Thomas @1.1.7    2 months ago

But it's just people with an axe to grind

jrSmiley_98_smiley_image.gif

Unfuckingbelievable

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.15  Tessylo  replied to  JBB @1.1.9    2 months ago

The projection, deflection, denial + delusion and the endless defense of the indefensible continues

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.16  Tessylo  replied to  devangelical @1.1.11    2 months ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Have I told you lately that I love you?

jrSmiley_93_smiley_image.jpg

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.17  Tessylo  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @1.1.13    2 months ago

He speaks the truth.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.1.18  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.17    2 months ago

His truth is not necessarily mine or others.

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.19  bugsy  replied to  devangelical @1.1.11    2 months ago

That’s what i have been trying to tell you about the dumbass videos you post on HD. However, difference is, no one watches them.

CB
Professor Principal
1.2  CB  replied to  JBB @1    2 months ago

Satire, of course.

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.2.1  Krishna  replied to  CB @1.2    2 months ago
Satire

Satire?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2  Sparty On    2 months ago

And the people who believe that live in a VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER!

Igknorantzruls
Freshman Quiet
2.1  Igknorantzruls  replied to  Sparty On @2    2 months ago

so you think that these countries don't attempt to influence politics and spur division among US citizens ?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Sparty On  replied to  Igknorantzruls @2.1    2 months ago

You just figured that out?     Not a new thing and definitely not a TDS only related thing.

Get some

Igknorantzruls
Freshman Quiet
2.1.2  Igknorantzruls  replied to  Sparty On @2.1.1    2 months ago
Get some

seems I can't find any to bring it

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.3  Sparty On  replied to  Igknorantzruls @2.1.2    2 months ago

Here comes the pain.    Question is can my friends on the left handle it!

Doubtful.

Very doubtful

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.1.4  Krishna  replied to  Sparty On @2.1.1    2 months ago
Get some

Some?

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.1.5  Krishna  replied to  Sparty On @2.1.3    2 months ago
Question is can my friends on the left handle it!

You have "friends on the left"?

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.1.6  Krishna  replied to  Sparty On @2.1.1    2 months ago
Get some

WTF?

He just said he just got some!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.7  Tessylo  replied to  Krishna @2.1.5    2 months ago

No, not on the left or otherwise

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.8  Sparty On  replied to  Krishna @2.1.5    2 months ago

Oh yeah but don’t tell anyone here ….

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.9  Sparty On  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.7    2 months ago

Wrong again.    

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.10  Tessylo  replied to  Sparty On @2.1.9    2 months ago

Correct as I usually am.

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.1.11  devangelical  replied to  Sparty On @2.1.1    2 months ago
Get some

I can't find it. is it in the rear behind the gear too?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.12  Sparty On  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.10    2 months ago

Only in opposite world

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.13  Sparty On  replied to  devangelical @2.1.11    2 months ago

Sounds like a personal problem ….

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.1.14  devangelical  replied to  Sparty On @2.1.13    2 months ago

I'm thinking more like a personnel problem...

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.15  Sparty On  replied to  devangelical @2.1.14    2 months ago

Nope, only one “n”

JBB
Professor Principal
2.2  seeder  JBB  replied to  Sparty On @2    2 months ago

Actually no. Old white people, especially old white women, can always be depended upon to share the worst most divisive psyops level anti American propaganda Putin's Troll Army has ever come up with...

Especially racist bullshit, immigration lies and transexual horror tales.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.2.1  Sparty On  replied to  JBB @2.2    2 months ago

[deleted][]

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2.2.2  Greg Jones  replied to  JBB @2.2    2 months ago

I can see where Russia, China, North Korea, Iran, Hamas, Hezbollah, et al, would prefer to see Kamala win, knowing Trump won't put up with their bullshit, and the Dems ongoing appeasement of our adversaries.

JBB
Professor Principal
2.2.3  seeder  JBB  replied to  Greg Jones @2.2.2    2 months ago

Then why is Putin's Troll Army 100% in support of Trump?

MrFrost
Professor Guide
2.2.4  MrFrost  replied to  Greg Jones @2.2.2    2 months ago
Russia

Yep, remember the contract Biden had with Putin for Biden Tower Moscow? Oh wait...

China

True, I remember it well when Biden invited Xi to Mar-A-Lago for a private meeting. And let's not forget that Biden's daughter got 18 patents in China!!! Oh....

North Korea

I loved it when Biden met with Kim and then reported back to us how they fell in love. 

The list goes on Greg, but I am sure you get the point. 

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
2.2.5  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  JBB @2.2.3    2 months ago

well the broohaha with that steele document basically gave them carte blanche to say whatever they wanted , and to say it in such a way they could manipulate things  as they see fit ..

Most of those things with steele is said to have been proven false , but people will continue to say trump is a putin puppet , thing is its a gambit for the russians either way , if it backfires , they can just sit back and laugh , if it works , they sit back and laugh . THEY really dont lose anything except maybe time .

JBB
Professor Principal
2.2.6  seeder  JBB  replied to  MrFrost @2.2.4    2 months ago

Yes, it is true. Michael Cohen, Rudy Giuliani and Don Jr have all confirmed that beginning by 2014 and continuing right up to election day in 2016 Trump was in constant negotiations with Vlad Putin to build Trump Tower Moscow and lying about it!

JBB
Professor Principal
2.2.7  seeder  JBB  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @2.2.5    2 months ago

I do not believe Putin's Anti-American MAGA propaganda...

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
2.2.8  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  JBB @2.2.7    2 months ago

good , that makes 2 of us .

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.2.9  Krishna  replied to  JBB @2.2    2 months ago
Old white people,

The Eternal Revenge of the older cohorts of the CCL!

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.2.10  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @2.2.9    2 months ago
Old white people,
The Eternal Revenge of the older cohorts of the CCL!

AKA the "Childless Cat Ladies!

Oh-- the horror of it all!

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.2.11  Krishna  replied to  Greg Jones @2.2.2    2 months ago
knowing Trump won't put up with their bullshit,

What, exactly, would you expect Trump (or for that matter any politician) to do?

Start a war?

(Or maybe resort to name-calling and innuendo?) Oh-- the horror! jrSmiley_5_smiley_image.png

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.2.12  Krishna  replied to  Sparty On @2.2.1    2 months ago
Yawn ….. time for bed yet ……

So early?

Old?

What are you-- some kind of an "Old White Woman" Wannabe?

(Why are people suddenly hearing the music to the Broadway show Cats?)

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.2.13  Krishna  replied to  MrFrost @2.2.4    2 months ago
I am sure you get the point.

How can you be so sure?

(Asking for a friend)

CB
Professor Principal
2.2.14  CB  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @2.2.5    2 months ago

July 8, 2015

Trump tells CNN’s Anderson Cooper that if he becomes president, Putin would turn over Edward Snowden to the US.

“I think I get along with him fine,” Trump said of the Russian president. “I think he would be absolutely fine. He would never keep somebody like Snowden in Russia. He hates Obama. He doesn't respect Obama. Obama doesn't like him either. But he has no respect for Obama. Has a hatred for Obama. And Snowden is living the life. Look if that -- if I'm president, Putin says, hey, boom, you're gone. I guarantee you this .

Where is Edward Snowden now in 2022? He resides in Russia with his wife and child

Edward [Snowden] was granted permanent residence in Russia in late 2020 where he lives with his wife and child/
In October 2020, Reuters confirmed that Russia had granted Edward permanent residence. “His (Russian) residency permit was expiring and we asked to extend it,” Anatoly Kucherena, his Russian lawyer, told Reuters. 

“We submitted the documents in April and we got permanent residence rights,” he added. A potential return to the United States seemed possible as, in August 2020, President Trump flirted with the idea of pardoning Snowden. Then-Attorney General Bill Barr ‘vehemently opposed’ a potential pardon. 

“He was a traitor and the information he provided our adversaries greatly hurt the safety of the American people,’ Bill said. “He was peddling it around like a commercial merchant. We can’t tolerate that.”

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
2.2.15  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Sparty On @2.2.1    2 months ago

Got that right!

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.2.16  Sparty On  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @2.2.15    2 months ago

Guess not, no value based on our friends on left.

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.2.17  bugsy  replied to  JBB @2.2.3    2 months ago

Your proof of these imaginary trolls are

where?

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.2.18  Ronin2  replied to  MrFrost @2.2.4    2 months ago
Yep, remember the contract Biden had with Putin for Biden Tower Moscow? Oh wait...

So where is the Trump tower in Russia? Please point it out. I am sure the New York AG would love to know about it.

Remember when Trump's son took millions from a Russian oligarch in return for supposedly nothing?  Oh wait, that was Hunter.

6) Russia: On February 14, 2014, a Russian oligarch and Russia’s richest woman, Yelena Baturina, wired a Rosemont Seneca entity $3.5 million.  On March 11, 2014, the wire was split up: $750,000 was transferred to Devon Archer, and the remainder was sent to Rosemont Seneca Bohai, a company Devon Archer and Hunter Biden split equally.  In spring of 2014, Yelena Baturina joined Hunter Biden and Devon Archer to share a meal with then-Vice President Biden at a restaurant in Washington, D.C.   The total amount from Russia to the Biden family and their associates is $3.5 million.

Remember when Trump traded "The Merchant of Death" to Putin in return for Griner? Oh wait, that was Biden.

Remember when Trump traded (in a 5 country deal) a key Russian security operative, killer, and several spies to Russia in order to get back 3 US citizens? Oh wait, that was Biden as well.

What about China?

Remember all of those sanctions and tariffs that Biden put on China? Oh wait, that was Trump.

Remember Biden flat out accusing a Chinese lab of releasing the Covid virus? Oh wait, that was Trump as well.

Remember when Trump allowed that massive Chinese spy balloon to knowingly enter Alaska and then the main US air space and tried to cover it up. Then when a photographer spotted it refuse to shoot it down as it traversed it's way over US military (including nuclear) bases- before finally shooting it down over the Atlantic Ocean? Oh wait, that was Biden! Who did jack shit of nothing to China in return for their blatant violation of US air space.

Remember when Trump allowed the Russian and Chinese navies to move freely around Alaska? Oh wait, that was Biden as well.

Remember when Trump allowed the Russian and Chinese navies to conduct war games near Japan? Oh wait, that was Biden again.

As for North Korea.

Prove that Biden even knows that it exists. Biden's family doesn't go after small poor fish like North Korea.

You forgot Iran.

Remember when Trump returned 6 billion in frozen Iranian assets in return for prisoner swap; which allowed Iran to finance their militia and terrorist groups. Oh wait, that was Biden as well. 

Remember when there was actionable intelligence that Iran was threatening an assassination attempt on Biden? Oh wait, they were threatening Trump.

Who do our enemies really want to win the presidency. If it is China and Iran it sure as hell isn't Trump. Admittedly Putin might want Trump- as he has promised to end the Ukraine War (cutting off the Biden piggy bank; and politician slush fund); but Putin is far more interested in sowing discord on both sides. Something leftists forget.

Leftists are really useful tools. They not only believe Democrat disinformation; but our enemies disinformation as well.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2.2.19  Sean Treacy  replied to  Ronin2 @2.2.18    2 months ago
Where is the Trump tower in Russia

An example of the left simply making up history and they all believe it.

MrFrost
Professor Guide
2.2.20  MrFrost  replied to  Ronin2 @2.2.18    2 months ago
Prove that Biden even knows that it exists.

Prove he doesn't? The rest of your post isn't worth replying to. 

MrFrost
Professor Guide
2.2.21  MrFrost  replied to  Sean Treacy @2.2.19    2 months ago

An example of the left simply making up history and they all believe it.

So you are saying there were no plans for trump to build a Trump Tower in Moscow? You sure about that? 

Igknorantzruls
Freshman Quiet
2.2.22  Igknorantzruls  replied to  Ronin2 @2.2.18    2 months ago

Leftists are really useful tools. They not only believe Democrat disinformation; but our enemies disinformation as well.

Well swell thing then, that you got Trump to dispense of our enemies  disinformation, cause just like tour guide 2% Loudermilk, that boob 45 is lacking tows due to no AAA
battery and a salt mine all mine given the shaft , "Shut Your Mouth", cause they as well as Jim Jordan and James Comey ALL OF THEM have spread Russian FED disinformation, as they were attempting to impeach Biden over information spread by JJ and J C sourced from an informant who turned out to have spread this disinformation fed to him by Russia's Putin  place president 45, cause there were many in Trumps gravity that sucked em back to the center of WHY, Trump is unfit, and these GOP clowns are a disgrace. Republicans make no sense. They've shown themselves to be intimidated, just like Trump, by Putin, Trumps bare chested whores riding stallion, while spreading Putin's propaganda cause they felty like Putitin  by Putin had a nice ring to it, so they kissed itt

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2.2.23  Sean Treacy  replied to  MrFrost @2.2.21    2 months ago
tract Biden had with Putin for Biden Tower Moscow

I'm absolutely sure there was no contract between Trump and Putin to build a Trump Tower. 

MrFrost
Professor Guide
2.2.24  MrFrost  replied to  Sean Treacy @2.2.23    2 months ago

I'm absolutely sure there was no contract between Trump and Putin to build a Trump Tower. 

I said plans. 

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
2.2.25  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  MrFrost @2.2.24    2 months ago
I said plans. 

Plans change .

my plan was to get married for life , have enough money to never have to worry about money , and live happily ever after .

as Meatloaf said , 2 out of 3 aint bad .

people either just started singing that , or are pulling it up to listen to it .

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2.2.26  Sean Treacy  replied to  MrFrost @2.2.24    2 months ago

I said plans.

No, you said  "the contract"

But  sure show us the plans between Trump and Putin to build a tower. I'm curious to see the sources you have that eluded Mueller.  

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
2.2.27  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  JBB @2.2    2 months ago

What immigration lies are you referring to? Just curious.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
2.3  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Sparty On @2    2 months ago

“The American public should know that content that they read online — especially on social media — could be foreign propaganda, even if it appears to be coming from fellow Americans or originating in the United States,” said an official from the Office of the Director of National Intelligence who briefed reporters on condition of anonymity under rules set by the office of the director.

Russia is relying on unwitting Americans to spread election disinformation, US officials say (wdbj7.com)

Sadly, I think it's fair to say that the vast majority of "Unwitting Americans" refuse to admit they have no wits. And while I'm sure this condition affects people on both sides of the aisle, it would seem that Trump loves to pander to the "unwitting" and the "unwitting" are the only ones loving it and him. Being an uninformed unwitting deplorable has been a badge of honor among many of Trump's base, and many seem to just love Putin and other authoritarian leaders like Viktor Orban. They gobble up the disinformation coming out of the Kremlin because it aligns with their right-wing white Christian ideology regardless of whether any of its true or not, they simply love its "truthiness".

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.3.1  Sparty On  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2.3    2 months ago

Useful idiots are …… well …… useful idiots

Igknorantzruls
Freshman Quiet
2.3.2  Igknorantzruls  replied to  Sparty On @2.3.1    2 months ago

is that the "pain" you were speaking of ?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.3.3  Sparty On  replied to  Igknorantzruls @2.3.2    2 months ago

See 2.3.1, apply liberally, rinse and repeat as required …..

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.3.4  Krishna  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2.3    2 months ago
Sadly, I think it's fair to say that the vast majority of "Unwitting Americans" refuse to admit they have no wits.

What's going on here is that we have a bunch of Unwitting People-- with no wits?

I am shocked, absolutely shocked I tell you! We are in Dire Straits! 

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.3.5  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @2.3.4    2 months ago
I am shocked, absolutely shocked I tell you! We are in Dire Straits! 

Very Dire Straits indeed!

(#Sina)

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.3.6  Krishna  replied to  Sparty On @2.3.1    2 months ago
What does the term "useful idiots" mean?
A useful idiot or useful fool is a pejorative description of a person, suggesting that the person thinks they are fighting for a cause without fully comprehending the consequences of their actions, and who does not realize they are being cynically manipulated by the cause's leaders or by other political players.

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
2.3.7  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Krishna @2.3.5    2 months ago

I feel alright when I hear the music ring.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.3.8  Tessylo  replied to  Sparty On @2.3.1    2 months ago

You aren't

Thomas
Masters Guide
2.3.9  Thomas  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @2.3.7    2 months ago

Rush-Circumstances

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.3.10  Krishna  replied to  Sparty On @2.3.1    2 months ago

But remember-- some useful idiots are more useful than others! jrSmiley_9_smiley_image.gif

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.3.11  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @2.3.10    2 months ago
But remember-- some useful idiots are more useful than others!

And then again-- some useful idiots are more idiotic than others!

(heh)

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
2.3.12  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Thomas @2.3.9    2 months ago

Thanks, I’m trying but not there yet.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.3.13  Sparty On  replied to  Tessylo @2.3.8    2 months ago

Thx, I agree

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.3.14  Sparty On  replied to  Krishna @2.3.10    2 months ago

True, all useful idiots are created equal but some are more equal than others

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.3.15  Krishna  replied to  Thomas @2.3.9    2 months ago

Just one more who's searching for a world that ought to be.

That makes me think of a famous quote from John Milton's Paradise Lost --re: The cause of that  effect:

The mind is its own place, and in it self
Can make a Heav’n of Hell, a Hell of Heav’n.

The mind . . .

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.3.16  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @2.3.15    2 months ago

Just one more who's searching for a world that ought to be.

That makes me think of a famous quote from John Milton's Paradise Lost --re: The cause of that  effect:

The mind is its own place, and in it self Can make a Heav’n of Hell, a Hell of Heav’n.

The mind . . .

That may not be too clear-- here's a quote that may explain it even better:

Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you. --Luke 17:21 (KJV)

(We create our own reality-- what we think creates what we feel ...creates the reality we experience)

Capisce?.

MrFrost
Professor Guide
2.3.17  MrFrost  replied to  Sparty On @2.3.1    2 months ago

Sadly, trump isn't even useful. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.3.18  Tessylo  replied to  Sparty On @2.3.13    2 months ago

Useful that is

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.4  Krishna  replied to  Sparty On @2    2 months ago

Thanks for that! jrSmiley_2_smiley_image.png

(That's one of my favourite gospel songs!)

DOWN IN THE RIVER TO PRAY

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
2.4.1  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Krishna @2.4    2 months ago

Come on in boys, the water is fine.

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.4.2  Krishna  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @2.4.1    2 months ago
Come on in boys, the water is fine.

My thoughts exactly! jrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gif

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.4.3  Split Personality  replied to  Krishna @2.4.2    2 months ago

Thank you K

All Hail Kay

All hail Kay

All Hail Kay

for posting something of value here today and making someone smile jrSmiley_82_smiley_image.gif

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.4.4  Krishna  replied to  Split Personality @2.4.3    2 months ago
Thank you K

All Hail Kay

All hail Kay

All Hail Kay

for posting something of value here today and making someone smile

You're welcome!

(Sometimes I summon up the courage to take risks-- and post something that may not be "politically correct" -- something that's actually positive and not, for example, a personal attack on another NT user...)

CB
Professor Principal
3  CB    2 months ago

Why don't/I wonder if/when the United States will send some 'strong' propaganda Russia's way? Or, is such propaganda mutual between countries which move in different 'orbits'?

Igknorantzruls
Freshman Quiet
3.1  Igknorantzruls  replied to  CB @3    2 months ago

u know we do

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.1  CB  replied to  Igknorantzruls @3.1    2 months ago

That's good. I would hate for this kind of bull to be 'all' one-sided in our direction. . .while we just 'sat on it.' :) 

Thomas
Masters Guide
3.1.2  Thomas  replied to  CB @3.1.1    2 months ago

Maybe they liked the Trump version of internet disinformation better than they liked that of Biden....

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
3.2  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  CB @3    2 months ago

Thats actually been going on since Lenin was in office 100 years ago .

JBB
Professor Principal
3.2.1  seeder  JBB  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @3.2    2 months ago

What Americas believed Axis Annie and Tokyo Rose and spread anti-American lies as truth like the Q-Anon MAGA gop does now?

Krishna
Professor Expert
3.2.2  Krishna  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @3.2    2 months ago
That's actually been going on since Lenin was in office 100 years ago .

Yes Lenin-- and don't forget Marx!

(For Buzz: This is the cover of the Firesign Theatre's album "How Can You Be two Places at Once When You're Not Anywhere At All" . Some people feel that they were one of the funniest groups of all time):

Released in 1969 - Columbia Records

The title track, which follows a babe in the woods as Climate Control draws him into a revisionist hysterical Americana travelogue/propaganda montage, is bookended by the omnipresent Ralph Spoilsport. It's Homer's Odyssey and Joyce's Ulysses in the blender of popular culture, set to puree.

This segues into "The Further Adventures of Nick Danger," a classic parody of golden-age radio theater and one of Firesign's most enduring creations. This segues into (go back to the beginning).

I suppose one call call it an example of "Humour of the absurd). Released 1969.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
3.2.3  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Krishna @3.2.2    2 months ago

read a story years ago , how groucho was on tour with the USO in germany after the war , he asked to be taken to the old Reichstag in berlin , was basically shown when asked where Hitlers bunker had been , by then still a pile of rubble , he climbed up on top of it and did a little tap dance .

Krishna
Professor Expert
3.2.4  Krishna  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @3.2.3    2 months ago
read a story years ago , how groucho was on tour with the USO in germany after the war , he asked to be taken to the old Reichstag in berlin , was basically shown when asked where Hitlers bunker had been , by then still a pile of rubble , he climbed up on top of it and did a little tap dance .

Groucho was an amazing guy.

I have fond memories of watching You Bet Your Life when I was a kid.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
3.2.5  Gsquared  replied to  Krishna @3.2.2    2 months ago

Everything You Know Is Wrong.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.2.6  Sparty On  replied to  Gsquared @3.2.5    2 months ago

How do you know?

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
3.2.7  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Krishna @3.2.2    2 months ago

Thanks for the memory, I'll have to replay my Don't Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers or I Think We're All Bozos on This Bus.

"I'm high alright but not on false drugs. I'm high on the real thing.
Powerful gasoline, a clean windshield and a shoeshine. Over."

Amazingly, I can forget why I went into a room while remembering lines from 50+ years ago.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3.2.8  Split Personality  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @3.2    2 months ago

but back then there was just newspapers and magazines if you could afford them, later radio, always the results of some journalist opinions and we can assume that their goals were always the truth.

now with internet fake news is as instant as real news on the internet and 24/7 live TV.

Krishna
Professor Expert
3.2.9  Krishna  replied to  Gsquared @3.2.5    2 months ago
Everything You Know Is Wrong.

jrSmiley_4_smiley_image.png

Krishna
Professor Expert
3.2.10  Krishna  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @3.2.7    2 months ago
Thanks for the memory, I'll have to replay my Don't Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers or I Think We're All Bozos on This Bus.

You were a fan of The Firesign Theater?

I was a big fan-- back in the day.

Trivia question:  Why did they call themselves The Firesign Theater?

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
3.2.11  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Krishna @3.2.10    2 months ago

Yes, and you can believe me because I never lie and I'm always right.

So wake up and take a look at you're only logical choice.

Why did they call themselves The Firesign Theater?

Their birthdates aligned with astrological 'fire signs'.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
3.2.12  Gsquared  replied to  Sparty On @3.2.6    2 months ago

I guess you're not familiar with the Firesign Theatre.  No surprise.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
3.2.13  Gsquared  replied to  Krishna @3.2.9    2 months ago

original

Gsquared
Professor Principal
3.2.14  Gsquared  replied to  Krishna @3.2.10    2 months ago

Yes.

In the mid-60s there was a weekly late night program on local radio in L.A. called "Radio Free Oz".  The Firesign Theatre started as a comedy sketch featuring the same guys from Radio Free Oz during part of the Radio Free Oz broadcast, which also included music, interviews and other stuff.  I used to listen to it on my transistor radio as a teenager.  The whole show was hilarious

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
3.2.15  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Krishna @3.2.2    2 months ago

I love and grew up listening Firesign Theater. My favorite album was "Don't Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me The Pliers."I forget which album it was but the one about the Watergate break in and Nixon was absolutely hilarious, but one has to have been around during that time to really get the humor.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.2.16  Sparty On  replied to  Gsquared @3.2.12    2 months ago

Yeah but how do you know?

Krishna
Professor Expert
3.3  Krishna  replied to  CB @3    2 months ago
Why don't/I wonder if/when the United States will send some 'strong' propaganda Russia's way?

I'm not totally sure it-- but I'm pretty sure we do. Some U.S. gov't agencies continually doing two things:

1. Attempting to block propaganda from countries who wish us harm.

and

2. Sending out nasty stuff to them.

Krishna
Professor Expert
3.3.1  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @3.3    2 months ago
1. Attempting to block propaganda from countries who wish us harm.

and

2. Sending out nasty stuff to to them.

The Cold War is over-- and then again, its not over!

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
3.3.2  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Krishna @3.3.1    2 months ago
The Cold War is over-- and then again, its not over!

No , we just had a brief intermission to go to the snack bar

Krishna
Professor Expert
3.3.3  Krishna  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @3.3.2    2 months ago

jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

Krishna
Professor Expert
3.3.4  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @3.3.3    2 months ago

Reminds me of an olde French saying:

Plus ça change, plus c'est la meme chose

("The more it changes the more its the same")