╌>

Jimmy Carter says he hopes to cast vote for Harris

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  jbb  •  2 months ago  •  20 comments

By:   Lauren Irwin (The Hill)

Jimmy Carter says he hopes to cast vote for Harris
Former President Jimmy Carter says he hopes to cast his ballot for Vice President Kamala Harris in the upcoming election.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

by Lauren Irwin - 08/03/24 11:30 AM ET

FILE - Former President Jimmy Carter sits on the Atlanta Falcons bench before the first half of an NFL football game between the Atlanta Falcons and the San Diego Chargers, Oct. 23, 2016, in Atlanta. Former President Carter, on Saturday Sept. 23 2023 made a surprise appearance at the Plains Peanut Festival in their Georgia hometown, the Carter Center wrote in a social media post on X, formerly known as Twitter. (AP Photo/John Bazemore, File)

Former President Jimmy Carter says he hopes to cast his ballot for Vice President Kamala Harris in the upcoming election.

As Carter nears his 100th birthday, beating former President Trump is one of the only things on his mind.

"I'm only trying to make it to vote for Kamala Harris," Carter told his son Chip, his grandson Jason Carter told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

Carter's 100th birthday is on Oct. 1. He first entered hospice care in Feb. 2023 and has outlived his wife, Rosalynn Carter, who died last November.

Jason Carter said his grandfather has been "more alert and interested in politics and the war in Gaza" in recent days. He previously updated the public in June that Carter was no longer awake every day.

The former president's grandson said Chip asked Carter if he was trying to make it to his 100th birthday. For the former president, it's less about making it to the century mark, and more about being able to cast his ballot for Harris, the outlet reported.

Early voting in Georgia begins on Oct. 15, so Carter won't have to wait too long after his birthday to cast his historic vote for Harris.

Harris officially became the Democratic Party's nominee on Friday, earning enough votes in a virtual roll call. After President Biden suspended his campaign, Democrats have coalesced around Harris, breaking donation records and supporting her historic bid for the presidency.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JBB
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JBB    2 months ago

President Carter will turn 100 years old before Election Day...

original

GregTx
Professor Guide
1.1  GregTx  replied to  JBB @1    2 months ago

MrFrost
Professor Guide
1.1.1  MrFrost  replied to  GregTx @1.1    2 months ago

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  GregTx @1.1    2 months ago

That's so ignorant

GregTx
Professor Guide
1.1.3  GregTx  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.2    2 months ago

Yes, to think so certainly is...

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.4  Tessylo  replied to  GregTx @1.1.3    2 months ago

All you have

George
Junior Expert
2  George    2 months ago

The last president that truly had integrity, and sadly is more lucid than our current president.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2.1  Greg Jones  replied to  George @2    2 months ago

Lousy president, but a truly good person.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.1.1  Ronin2  replied to  Greg Jones @2.1    2 months ago

I will give Carter credit as a great diplomat (he missed his true calling); but truly a terrible president.

I wouldn't take his advise on who to vote for if you paid me.

Now, if he wanted to use his knowledge to help facilitate the end to the Ukraine War; or the Israeli/Hamas war in Gaza- that would be different. The man can listen to people like no other; and then embarrass them with how much they agree on. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.1.2  Krishna  replied to  Greg Jones @2.1    2 months ago
Lousy president, but a truly good person.

Yet others claim that he was a great president-- but not a particularly good person.

(It seems opinions vary).

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.1.3  Krishna  replied to  Ronin2 @2.1.1    2 months ago
I wouldn't take his advise on who to vote for if you paid me.

Not to worry-- no one's gonna pay you! 

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.2  Krishna  replied to  George @2    2 months ago
The last president that truly had integrity, and sadly is more lucid than our current president

Perhaps. 

But remember, Thomas Jefferson died long ago!

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.2.1  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @2.2    2 months ago
The last president that truly had integrity, and sadly is more lucid than our current president
Perhaps.  But remember, Thomas Jefferson died long ago!

It seems you might be confused?

.But that's nothing to be ashamed of-- everyone makes mistakes from time to time! jrSmiley_7_smiley_image.png

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
3  Drinker of the Wry    2 months ago

I voted for Jimmy in 76, my second presidential election.  I was disappointed, I thought that anyone who survived ADM Rickover’s nuclear program with both farm and Governor experience would have a great skill balance.  Coming out of the 60’s and Watergate, Vietnam, weird economy was a very trying time.

MrFrost
Professor Guide
4  MrFrost    2 months ago

Jimmy Carter is a Christian that walks the walk and talks the talk. A truly good man. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.1  Krishna  replied to  MrFrost @4    2 months ago
Jimmy Carter is a Christian that walks the walk and talks the talk. A truly good man. 

Would you ever vote for a person who wasn't a Christian?

Some people are saying that Trump is not a true Christian-- that he's just faking it to get votes, (of course opinions may vary).

MrFrost
Professor Guide
4.1.1  MrFrost  replied to  Krishna @4.1    2 months ago
Would you ever vote for a person who wasn't a Christian?

Yes.

Some people are saying that Trump is not a true Christian-- that he's just faking it to get votes, (of course opinions may vary).

If trump is a Christian, he's the worst one....EVER. Five kids, three wives all of which he has cheated on, lies constantly and rips people off.

He has no moral compass at all. 

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
5  Drinker of the Wry    2 months ago
Jimmy Carter is a Christian

That earns him scorn from many here.

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.1  Krishna  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @5    2 months ago
That earns him scorn from many here.

Indeed! 

jrSmiley_5_smiley_image.png

Igknorantzruls
Freshman Quiet
5.2  Igknorantzruls  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @5    2 months ago
earns him scorn

if Christians would not attempt to impose their beliefs and set of morals upon others, don't think they'd have too many problems, but when religion is again brought into the place it is supposed to be separated from, the state it goal was like the Offspring, Gotta keep em separated' , and when these holier than thow try and use Trump as their spiritual leader, it's like a misguided bird feeder that's really an electrocuting bug zapper, turned up higher, so when a bird lands, the light it on

higher to broil, with some conductive tin foil, hats off to they, for like Mr. Frost stated, Carter was always doing for others in Habitat for Humanity and building with volunteers, as in an actual Good Man, 

could ANY EVER picture Trump volunteering to build houses for the impoverished?  Heck, he'd be trying to Jack up and off their rent and keep certain ones from moving inn, cause Trtump will always stay his fckd up way