╌>

Harris v Trump live: Donald Trump allegedly called Kamala Harris a 'b****' as she surges in polls | The Independent

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  jbb  •  2 months ago  •  36 comments

By:   Oliver O'Connell, Josh Marcus, Joe Sommerlad (The Independent)

Harris v Trump live: Donald Trump allegedly called Kamala Harris a 'b****' as she surges in polls | The Independent
Latest 2024 election news as Kamala Harris says she is 'looking forward' to debating Donald Trump

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Harris holds rally in Las Vegas on Saturday night before heading to San Francisco for another campaign event

Oliver O'Connell, Josh Marcus, Joe Sommerlad Sunday 11 August 2024 

Donald Trump gets worked up over question about crowd sizes during Mar-a-Lago press conference.

Donald Trump has doubled down on questioning Kamala Harris's race — which has sparked outrage — saying "I think I was right" while also calling her a "b****" in private, according to reporting by The New York Times.

The former president is said to be "angry" as the vice president surges in the polls, both nationally and in key battleground states that will likely decide the election.

Harris has surged to a five-point lead over Trump in a new Reuters/Ipsos poll, putting her at 42% to the Republican's 37% nationally with less than three months to go to November's presidential election.

In a New York Times/Siena College poll Harris is leading Trump by four points in Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin.

At a rally on Friday night, Harris told pro-Palestine protesters in Arizona that "now is the time" to get a ceasefire between Israel and Hamas and free the hostages, adding that she and President Joe Biden have been "working around the clock" with that aim.

Trump spoke at a rally in Bozeman, Montana, arriving late after his plane was diverted because of a mechanical issue. He falsely claimed Harris would not debate him, before admitting they would do so on September 10.

Trump's Truth Social lost $16.4m last quarter and had under $1m in revenue

Donald Trump's social media company Trump Media and Technology Group has reported a $16.4 million loss and less than $1 million in quarterly revenue, only months after it began trading publicly to much fanfare earlier this year.

Watch: JD Vance can't hide from the couch and cat lady jokes

"By the way, I'm one of those 'miserable, childless cat ladies,'' Rep Dina Titus said during her introductory remarks in Las Vegas ahead of speeches by Kamala Harris and Tim Walz, referencing Senator JD Vance's past comments that have drawn criticism. "JD Vance apologized to my cat but he didn't apologize to me… you better hide behind that sofa because we're coming for you," she added.

Oliver O'Connell 11 August 2024 10:30

Trump bizarrely claims nobody knows his Democratic rival's last name

Following Thursday's tsunami of absurd and false statements at his seemingly pointless "general news conference" at Mar-a-Lago, a free-wheeling Donald Trump bizarrely told supporters on Friday night that "nobody really knows" his opponent's last name.

The reclusive former president emerged from hiding at his Palm Beach, Florida, estate and flew — with a slight mechanical interruption — to a rally in Bozeman, Montana, in support of Republican Senate candidate Tim Sheehy, who is looking to unseat Democratic Senator Jon Tester.

On stage, Trump reeled through his standard list of grievances and disparaging remarks about America, adding some new material for the crowd.

Capitol rioter gets 20 years in prison for attacking police

A California man with a history of political violence was sentenced on Friday to 20 years in prison for repeatedly attacking police with flagpoles and other makeshift weapons during the Jan. 6, 2021, riot at the U.S. Capitol.

David Nicholas Dempsey's sentence is among the longest among hundreds of Capitol riot prosecutions. Prosecutors described him as one of the most violent members of the mob of Donald Trump supporters that attacked the Capitol as lawmakers met to certify Joe Biden's 2020 presidential election victory.

Dempsey, who is from Van Nuys, stomped on police officers' heads. He swung poles at officers defending a tunnel, struck an officer in the head with a metal crutch and attacked police with pepper spray and broken pieces of furniture, prosecutors said.

Man who attacked police at the US Capitol with poles gets 20 years, one of longest Jan. 6 sentences

A California man with a history of political violence has been sentenced to 20 years in prison for attacking police with flagpoles and other makeshift weapons during the Jan. 6, 2021, riot at the U.S. Capitol

Oliver O'Connell 11 August 2024 07:30

Harris pledges to work to end taxes on tips for service industry employees, echoing Trump vow

Vice President Kamala Harris promised Saturday to work to eliminate taxes on tips paid to restaurant workers and other service employees, echoing a pledge that her opponent in November, Donald Trump, has made, and creating a rare instance of political overlap from both sides.

Harris made the announcement at a rally on the campus of the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, where the economy relies heavily on the hotel, restaurant and entertainment industries. Trump vowed essentially the same thing at his own rally in the city in June — though neither he nor Harris are likely to be able to fully do that without actions from Congress.

"It is my promise to everyone here that, when I am president, we will continue our fight for working families of America," Harris said. "Including to raise the minimum wage and eliminate taxes on tips for service and hospitality workers."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JBB
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JBB    2 months ago

original

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
2  Hal A. Lujah    2 months ago

In his head he’s probably calling her the same thing he calls all black people in his head.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
3  Snuffy    2 months ago

Stop the fucking presses, such news.

OMFG, he called her a bitch in private. Such a shocking news item.  Wonder what she calls him in private, it's a sure bet she doesn't call him a friend.

In the realm of who gives a fuck, this one must rate close to zero.

JBB
Professor Principal
3.1  seeder  JBB  replied to  Snuffy @3    2 months ago

We hear you...

original

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
3.1.1  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JBB @3.1    2 months ago

I see what you mean by “deep”, it’s virtually bottomless.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
3.1.2  Snuffy  replied to  JBB @3.1    2 months ago

So just a tired old meme from you. About all one can expect I guess.

What do you call me in private? I'm willing to bet it's not something nice. Why does anybody care what somebody thinks of their opponent? This isn't news at all, just a lame attempt to increase your score and ratings. You would probably hate to hear what Obama privately says about some people. 

In other news, none of this is new behavior. You act like the teenager who just discovered sex and thinks he's on to something new.

JBB
Professor Principal
3.1.3  seeder  JBB  replied to  Snuffy @3.1.2    2 months ago

What do you expect coming into one of my seeds whining and carrying on like a ninny because another respected reporter at another mainstream source wrote another truthful article that utterly devastates Donald Trump? Do you think your lameass whining and moaning deserved a long well considering wordy response? No Snuff it did not! You were merely memeworthy!

None of your comments are worth a rancid bucket of drivel!

Snuffy
Professor Participates
3.1.4  Snuffy  replied to  JBB @3.1.3    2 months ago

jrSmiley_90_smiley_image.gif

JBB
Professor Principal
3.1.5  seeder  JBB  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @3.1.1    2 months ago

Yes, I saw you whining to a mod about my memes hurting your feelings and making you sad and causing you to earn points...

Absolutely everyone on this site knows you get what you give!

original

JBB
Professor Principal
3.1.6  seeder  JBB  replied to  Snuffy @3.1.4    2 months ago

original

Snuffy
Professor Participates
3.1.7  Snuffy  replied to  JBB @3.1.6    2 months ago

You really need to get some new ones. Your memes are old & tired. Bitch about Trump all  you want, all I'm saying is you need some new memes as these have been overused. 

JBB
Professor Principal
3.1.8  seeder  JBB  replied to  Snuffy @3.1.7    2 months ago

I'll worry about that when your comments earn any effort...

Until then let me leave you with this precious meme nugget!

original

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
3.1.9  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JBB @3.1.5    2 months ago
I saw you whining to a mod about my memes hurting your feelings and making you sad

That must have been in your imagination or a fantasy.

JBB
Professor Principal
3.1.10  seeder  JBB  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @3.1.9    2 months ago

Nope...

original

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
3.1.11  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JBB @3.1.10    2 months ago

Yep.

Yes, I saw you whining to a mod about my memes hurting your feelings and making you sad and causing you to earn points...

I wrote nothing about “hurt feelings”, “sad”, or points.

Obviously you’re enjoying an imaginative fantasy.  

Dream on, dream on…

JBB
Professor Principal
3.1.12  seeder  JBB  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @3.1.11    2 months ago

[]

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
3.1.13  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JBB @3.1.12    2 months ago

I have.  Hang on to that imagination, it must be very entertaining.

JBB
Professor Principal
3.1.14  seeder  JBB  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @3.1.13    2 months ago

As if your comment history were not available to everyone!

Do you get a notification when I post so you can complain?

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
3.1.15  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JBB @3.1.14    2 months ago
As if your comment history were not available to everyone!

Then post the one that you claim to have seen.

Do you get a notification when I post so you can complain?[]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.16  Tessylo  replied to  JBB @3.1.3    2 months ago

Awesome!  jrSmiley_93_smiley_image.jpg

So sick of the endless whining from the endless defenders of the indefensible

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.17  Tessylo  replied to  JBB @3.1.14    2 months ago

I feel your pain

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3.1.18  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Snuffy @3.1.2    2 months ago
So just a tired old meme from you.

When that's all they have the capacity for...

bugsy
Professor Participates
3.2  bugsy  replied to  Snuffy @3    2 months ago

These are the same people that think it is no big deal that Walz lied about his deployment status and his retirement rate.

JBB
Professor Principal
3.2.1  seeder  JBB  replied to  bugsy @3.2    2 months ago

Like Trump, MAGA show no respect for women or military service!

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3.2.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JBB @3.2.1    2 months ago

You mean like checking your watch at a Dignified Transfer ceremony?

JBB
Professor Principal
3.2.3  seeder  JBB  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @3.2.2    2 months ago

No, but Trump calling America's fallen heroes "Losers" is...

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3.2.4  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JBB @3.2.3    2 months ago

maybe you can be the first....provide that link.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
3.2.5  Snuffy  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @3.2.4    2 months ago

Yeah, good luck with that. But don't hold your breath waiting.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3.2.6  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Snuffy @3.2.5    2 months ago

Oh, I never expected them to prove it. 

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
4  Nerm_L    2 months ago

Shouldn't that be 'biatch'?  

JBB
Professor Principal
4.1  seeder  JBB  replied to  Nerm_L @4    2 months ago

No, that is what voters see as tone-deaf and out of touch with today!

Show respect for them, or else don't whine when Trump loses, again...

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
4.1.1  Nerm_L  replied to  JBB @4.1    2 months ago
No, that is what voters see as tone-deaf and out of touch with today!

Gee, that seems like the hypocrisy that voters see from the left.   

JBB
Professor Principal
4.1.2  seeder  JBB  replied to  Nerm_L @4.1.1    2 months ago

No Nerm, it is not. Do not delude yourself. Team Trump is bombing with their racist, sexist, hypocritical strategies...

Please continue degrading Harris' race and sex and belittling Walz's twenty four years military service. I beg you, PLEASE!

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
4.1.3  Nerm_L  replied to  JBB @4.1.2    2 months ago
No Nerm, it is not. Do not delude yourself. Team Trump is bombing with their racist, sexist, hypocritical strategies...

At least Kamala Harris hasn't been tainted by whiteness.  So, her privilege needs a different excuse.

Please continue degrading Harris' race and sex and belittling Walz's twenty four years military service. I beg you, PLEASE!

You mean the Army master sergeant who ran high school indoctrination tours to mainland China as a sideline?  

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5  Buzz of the Orient    2 months ago

Trump sure knows how to win the women's vote. /s

JBB
Professor Principal
5.1  seeder  JBB  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @5    2 months ago

The sex gap and the race gop between Trump and Harris grows. Even older white middle Americans are considering Harris - Walz 2024...