╌>

Most Followed Accounts on Social Media (Aug 2024)

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  krishna  •  one month ago  •  22 comments

By:   by Fabio Duarte

Most Followed Accounts on Social Media (Aug 2024)

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

The largest accounts on social media have millions of followers, and with that, enormous influence.

The top accounts vary considerably across platforms, but there are several people who feature in multiple lists.

In this report we’ll dive into the most followed accounts on each of the top social media platforms, including the top 5 most-followed people overall.

Contents

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Krishna    one month ago

Who is the Most Followed Person on Social Media?

With approximately  917 million  total followers,  Cristiano Ronaldo  is the most-followed person
across social media platforms.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @1    one month ago

Nobody on NT.

Krishna
Professor Expert
2  seeder  Krishna    one month ago

Overall, the top 5 most-followed people on social media are:

Cristiano Ronaldo – 917 million followers

Selena Gomez – 688.2 million followers

Justin Bieber – 596.2 million followers

Taylor Swift – 550.5 million followers

Ariana Grande – 509.8 million followers

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @2    one month ago

As I just posted on a different article on NT, that I was able to open your seed....

Couldn't find NT or any of us there.  LOL.  However, what did surprise me was to find the China Daily listed under the Facebook list with well over 100 million likes, notwithstanding China blocks Facebook.  However, I am aware that our NT articles are seen on search engines, as I've noted on Microsoft Bing, and I assume it will be the same with Google.

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.1.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.1    one month ago
Couldn't find NT or any of us there.  LOL.

There are other lists. I did find NT on one of those.

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.1.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.1    one month ago
However, I am aware that our NT articles are seen on search engines, as I've noted on Microsoft Bing, and I assume it will be the same with Google.

Occasionally I look for one of my old seeds on NT. (Often from several years ago). I usually find them easily on Google. 

You can use Bing but not Google?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1.3  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @2.1.1    one month ago

On what list does NT appear?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1.4  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @2.1.2    one month ago

I usually do my searches on Microsoft Bing.  Baidu is the biggest search engine in China, but Google has been blocked for a long time. 

Igknorantzruls
Freshman Quiet
2.1.5  Igknorantzruls  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.1    one month ago
  However, I am aware that our NT articles are seen on search engines, as I've noted on Microsoft Bing, and I assume it will be the same with Googl

now i feel as if i'm naked with the shades wide open, and it's curtains for me, Batman, as we've been gettin Robin for some time now by the land barons that that swim in the ocean depths of the shallow minded,

as manipulated, most will never know, to not mind it, so Bud, when you smoke the smoke

remember to smoothly Grind it

up, preseeded, buy high,

sell low,

it's what ever way one does choose to go,

yet, they are unawares,

there is know longer a choice

their  ;s'

Krishna
Professor Expert
3  seeder  Krishna    one month ago

Most Subscribed Channels on YouTube

Music and kids content is king on YouTube with 7 channels regularly uploading music videos and 6 frequently posting child-friendly content.

T-Series was the largest channel by subscribers for some time with over 260 million subscribers – almost 90 million more than any other channel...apart from one.

As of August 2024, MrBeast is the top channel on YouTube by subscribers. The channel has seen a meteoric rise in recent months, climbing from under 100 million subscribers in July 2022 to over 300 million subscribers now.

India is represented twice in the top four channels with SET India ranked 4th.

Just 4 channels (MrBeast, PewDiePie, Like Nastya, and Justin Bieber) are primarily based around a single person.

(For the actual listings, see linked article)

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @3    one month ago

When it comes to music and movies I'm limited to bilibili and Youku. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
4  seeder  Krishna    one month ago

A while back I remember that Gangnam Style was the top viewed video on YouTube.

It was number one for quite a while.

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @4    one month ago

"Gangnam Style" (Korean강남스타일IPA: [kaŋ.nam sɯ.tʰa.il]) is a K-pop song by South Korean rapper Psy, released on July 15, 2012, by YG Entertainment as the lead single of his sixth studio album, Psy 6 (Six Rules), Part 1 (Ssai Yukgap Part 1).

The term "Gangnam Style" is a neologism that refers to the nouveau riche lifestyles associated with the Gangnam region of Seoul.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @4    one month ago

I just watched a bit of Gangnam Style on bilibili.   LINK ->  PSY - Gangnam Style 8K极致超清 无水印_哔哩哔哩_bilibili

It's not something I would waste my time watching or listening to.

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.2.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @4.2    one month ago
It's not something I would waste my time watching or listening.

Well of course what's the most popular with "the masses" is often not particularly polished...or sophisticated!

I was intrigued with Gangnam style at first because:
1. It is K Pop, and I've always liked K-Pop (mostly AOA CREAM also GIRL'S  GENERATION-- popular quie a while back.)

2.. Gangnam Style is so totally absurd-- and that's always appealed to me.

Although I haven't watched those sorts of videos in quite a while.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.2.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @4.2.1    one month ago

For a long time I was a folk music advocate - went to many folk festivals and was very much involved in running one.  I have had good friends who have been famous folk and rock musicians, met a lot of famous ones, but I'm no longer connected, and my favourite music to listen to these days is the voice of Andrea Bocelli.  Being as involved as I am with the movies, I do have some appreciation with movie theme music, score and soundtrack.  It is now after lunch and as usual these blisteringly hot days I won't leave my airconditioned apartment so I'll watch a movie or two and will return to the computer later.  

Krishna
Professor Expert
5  seeder  Krishna    one month ago

Actually the reason I was interested in this article was not about the music, but rather as a follow up to a few things I seeded re:Taylor Swift.

Because I've been  interested for a while in the phenomenon of how her popularity exploded.

And then how her role as "influencer" might effect society-- and then I was wondering about her effect on the upcoming Presidential election.

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @5    one month ago
Because I've been  interested for a while in the phenomenon of how her popularity exploded.

Also I know people who teach courses and do consulting of various sorts (even the usually obnoxious "life coaches'). 

They way they attract clients has changed radically since the advent of social media.

Igknorantzruls
Freshman Quiet
5.2  Igknorantzruls  replied to  Krishna @5    one month ago
r role as "influencer" might effect society-- and then I was wondering about her effect on the upcoming Presidential election.

scary amount of influence is amassed by these "influencers" that is attempted to be obtained, and in our case, buy one insaned

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.2.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Igknorantzruls @5.2    one month ago
scary amount of influence is amassed by these "influencers" that is attempted to be obtained, and in our case, buy one insaned

It could be scary.

But OTOH, I suppose there are often "influencers" on both sides of the political divide.

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.2.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @5.2.1    one month ago
It could be scary. But OTOH, I suppose there are often "influencers" on both sides of the political divide.

And in the past? 

I don't remeber-- did popular celebrities influence politics? Frank Sinatra? Elvis Presley? Humphrey Bogart?

I don't think they did (?)

Igknorantzruls
Freshman Quiet
5.2.3  Igknorantzruls  replied to  Krishna @5.2.1    one month ago
there are often "influencers" on both sides of the political divide.

for sure, but some are more while others are less,

impure