╌>

Trump loses debate big time as Kamala Harris shines

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  jbb  •  4 weeks ago  •  80 comments

By:   Advocate. com

Trump loses debate big time as Kamala Harris shines
The vice president appeared powerful and in command of the night's events. Trump? Not so much.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

In what will likely be remembered as one of the most chaotic and bizarre presidential debates in modern history, Vice PresidentKamala Harrisdelivered a strong and steady performance while former President Donald Trump descended into outlandish and false claims. In Philadelphia, Trump stunned by falsely accusing Harris of supporting "transgender operations on illegal aliens in prison" and went as far as to claim that immigrants in the U.S. were "eating the dogs" and "cats" of American citizens. Trump spoke of conspiracy theories and spewed baseless accusations.

There was no mention of LGBTQ+ Americans during the debate besides the anti-trans attempt at a smear that Trump made.

Harris's clear policy agenda amid Trump's falsehoods

Harris focused on policy throughout the debate, where she outlined her plan for an "opportunity economy" designed to uplift working families, small businesses, and the middle class.

"I believe in the ambition, the aspirations, the dreams of the American people," Harris said, offering solutions to lower the cost of living and create jobs.

In contrast, Trump's responses were filled with misinformation and exaggeration.

Despite the absurdity of Trump's assertions, Harris directly addressed the former president's lies. "You're going to hear a bunch of lies," she told viewers, framing Trump's tactics as not only desperate but detached from reality. Harris was unafraid to confront Trump's repeated misinformation.

Abortion and Trump's distorted record

One of the sharpest contrasts between the candidates was on reproductive rights. Harris staunchly defended reproductive choice and promised to restore the protections of Roe v. Wade, which Trump's Supreme Court appointees helped overturn, which Trump's Supreme Court appointees helped overturn. Harris highlighted the dangerous consequences of Trump-backed abortion bans, which make it "criminal for a doctor or nurse to provide health care," even in cases of rape or incest.

Trump, on the other hand, vacillated on his stance, at one point boasting about his role in overturning Roe and at another denying that he would support a national abortion ban. His contradictions only deepened the confusion. When pressed by moderator Linsey Davis on whether he would veto a national abortion ban, Trump awkwardly dodged the question, claiming, "I won't have to because… she'll never get the vote."

Trump's falsehoods on immigration

Immigration was another area where Trump's rhetoric veered into dangerous and false territory. His baseless claim that immigrants were eating pets in American towns—an assertion immediately debunked by moderator David Muir—was emblematic of Trump's scare tactics. "In Springfield, they're eating the dogs. They're eating the cats," Trump said, even after Muir cited a local official who confirmed that no such incidents had occurred.

Harris responded to these wild claims with clarity and focused on comprehensive immigration reform. "What we have in the former president is someone who would prefer to run on a problem instead of fixing a problem," she said. Harris offered a sharp critique of Trump's divisive approach while highlighting her record of prosecuting transnational criminal organizations.

Harris calls for unity as Trump sows division

When the former president attempted to stoke racial tensions by questioning Harris's racial identity, saying he "didn't know she was Black until a number of years ago," Harris offered a pointed rebuttal, reminding voters of Trump's long history of using race to divide the country.

"I think it's a tragedy that we have someone who wants to be president who has consistently, over the course of his career, attempted to use race to divide the American people," Harris said. "The vast majority of us know that we have so much more in common than what separates us."

Trump's performance was marred by lies and extremism

As the debate wore on, Trump's performance became increasingly erratic, with outlandish claims about immigration, trans health care, and the 2020 election.

He even went as far as to claim that immigrants were responsible for "migrant crime," despite FBI data showing that violent crime has been decreasing in the United States.

Harris, by contrast, discussed her plans to address fundamental issues affecting Americans, from healthcare to housing. Trump, meanwhile, seemed stuck in the past, still unwilling to admit that he lost the 2020 election. "No, I don't acknowledge that at all," he said when asked directly if he accepted the outcome.

A clear winner emerges

By the end of the debate, the contrast between the two candidates could not have been more apparent. While Trump floundered with lies and divisive rhetoric, pundits and viewers seem to agree that Harris won. Her calm demeanor and policy-concentrating responses starkly contrasted Trump's disjointed and often bizarre attacks.

"We can chart a new way forward," Harris declared in her closing statement, promising to focus on "the aspirations, the dreams, the hopes, the ambition of the American people."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JBB
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JBB    4 weeks ago

original

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1  Ozzwald  replied to  JBB @1    4 weeks ago

But...but...but...if we don't elect Trump my pet duck, cat, and dog will never be safe again!!!

Haiti_1725938420902_1725938427939.jpg

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1    4 weeks ago

What's the deal with the NFTs of the former 'president' convicted felon and rapist and traitor and those - are those NFTs?  Or jokes about the weirdos saying immigrants are eating your pets?

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.2  Ozzwald  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.1    4 weeks ago
What's the deal with the NFTs of the former 'president' convicted felon and rapist and traitor and those - are those NFTs?

The NFT's are just there to stroke his.....err....ego.

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.1.3  Krishna  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.1    4 weeks ago
Or jokes about the weirdos saying immigrants are eating your pets?

Until we have definite confirmation about whether or not immigrants are eating our pets-- it pays to be extra cautious when walking pet dogs. (Cats are relatively safe, however, as they can stay inside and use a litter box).

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.4  Ozzwald  replied to  Krishna @1.1.3    4 weeks ago
Cats are relatively safe, however, as they can stay inside and use a litter box

But that just adds crunchy bits to each bite.

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.1.5  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @1.1.3    4 weeks ago
(Cats are relatively safe, however, as they can stay inside and use a litter box).

Probably Ferrets are also safe-- no one in their right mind would try to eat one).

Plus-- they bite when threatened!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.6  Tessylo  replied to  Krishna @1.1.5    4 weeks ago

and wolverines

Thomas
Masters Guide
1.1.7  Thomas  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1    4 weeks ago

Does that dog have six legs?

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.1.8  Krishna  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.6    4 weeks ago
and wolverines

Good point-- IMO it would be extremely foolish to try to catch a Wolverine-- and then attempt to eat it!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.9  Tessylo  replied to  Krishna @1.1.8    4 weeks ago

I heard they're real mean sons a bitches

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2  Tessylo  replied to  JBB @1    4 weeks ago

All he did was lie and insult and spout nonsense agnorant conspiracy theories.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.2.1  devangelical  replied to  Tessylo @1.2    4 weeks ago

the debate proved that he can't answer a direct question, just like most of his moronic supporters...

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.2  Tessylo  replied to  devangelical @1.2.1    4 weeks ago

all a bunch of impotent incels...

Thomas
Masters Guide
1.2.3  Thomas  replied to  devangelical @1.2.1    4 weeks ago
the debate proved that he can't answer a direct question,

We already knew that 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2  Greg Jones    4 weeks ago

Perhaps she prevailed in this rigged debate, but she will lose the war

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1  Tessylo  replied to  Greg Jones @2    4 weeks ago

Rigged how?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.2  TᵢG  replied to  Greg Jones @2    4 weeks ago

At least you are not claiming Trump won.    But rigged?   Trump was free to answer the debate questions as he saw fit.   A few fact checks on outrageous lies is hardly a rig.

Hopefully this debate (and clips of it) will help voters who have not paid much attention to politics understand how unfit Trump is to be PotUS and realize that Harris is not only presidential but sharp as a tack.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.2.1  JohnRussell  replied to  TᵢG @2.2    4 weeks ago

To true Magas, anything bad that happens to Trump was "rigged". 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2.2.2  Greg Jones  replied to  TᵢG @2.2    4 weeks ago

stg091224dAPC-800x0.jpg

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2.2.3  Greg Jones  replied to  TᵢG @2.2    4 weeks ago

She told more lies than he did. Educate yourself.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
2.2.4  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Greg Jones @2.2.3    4 weeks ago
She told more lies than he did. Educate yourself.

Hilarious. If you believe that then either you didn't watch the debate or you have a very loose understanding of what a lie is.

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.2.5  devangelical  replied to  Greg Jones @2.2.3    4 weeks ago

list them. here. now.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.2.6  TᵢG  replied to  Greg Jones @2.2.3    4 weeks ago

What is the point of making such obviously ridiculous claims?   To what end??

I would also ask this of Trump for the same reason.   What was the point of claiming (stupidly) that illegal immigrants are eating the pets of Springfield Ohio residents?   How is that in any way beneficial?

Also, does it not bother you that your candidate believes this nonsense to the point where he claims it as truth during a Presidential debate??   And that when fact-checked he claims it is true because he saw it on TV?

This is the kind of mentality you want in the most powerful office on the planet??

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.2.7  TᵢG  replied to  Greg Jones @2.2.2    4 weeks ago

Nobody controlled what Trump said.   His performance was a result of his own doing.   You can point fingers (desperately) all day long but that will not change the fact that Trump took the bait and illustrated why he is unfit for any position of power.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.8  Tessylo  replied to  devangelical @2.2.5    4 weeks ago

Don't hold your breath.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.2.9  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  TᵢG @2.2.6    4 weeks ago
And that when fact-checked he claims it is true because he saw it on TV?

He saw interviews with citizens on TV. What's not to believe?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.2.10  TᵢG  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2.2.9    4 weeks ago

And there you have it.

fposter,small,wall_texture,product,750x1000.jpg

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.11  Tessylo  replied to  TᵢG @2.2.10    4 weeks ago

Was that tongue in cheek, facetious? 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.2.12  TᵢG  replied to  Tessylo @2.2.11    4 weeks ago

Drippingly.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.13  Tessylo  replied to  TᵢG @2.2.12    4 weeks ago

I meant JJ's comment.  

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.2.14  Krishna  replied to  Greg Jones @2.2.3    4 weeks ago

She told more lies than he did

Link?

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.3  Krishna  replied to  Greg Jones @2    4 weeks ago
Perhaps she prevailed in this rigged debate,

Yes-- but it was rigged in Trump's favor-- and he still lost by a landslide!

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.4  Krishna  replied to  Greg Jones @2    4 weeks ago
but she will lose the war

Correct me if I'm wrong, I had thought that ardent Trump supporters (such as you) were on the side of Putin-- and agaignst the Ukrainians holding on to their own country?

George
Junior Expert
2.4.1  George  replied to  Krishna @2.4    4 weeks ago
Correct me if I'm wrong, I had thought that ardent Trump supporters (such as you) were on the side of Putin-- and against the Ukrainians holding on to their own country?

Okay, you are wrong, why is it ardent liberals who support idiots like Biden/Harris accuse republicans of exhibiting behaviors that they demonstrate themselves? Who forfeited Crimea to Russia and abandoned Ukraine? then made excuses justifying why Russia deserved Crimea? who refused to sell Ukraine offensive weapons to defend itself? and who refused to sell Ukraine weapons to strike back at Russia until the pressure became to great for the president to bear?  

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2.4.2  Greg Jones  replied to  George @2.4.1    4 weeks ago

I wasn't talking about the war in Ukraine, I very much support the Ukrainians and despise Putin.

I was referring to the election war of words, which she is very likely to lose, along with the election, unless the majority of Americans lose their collective minds

MrFrost
Professor Guide
2.4.3  MrFrost  replied to  Greg Jones @2.4.2    4 weeks ago

I was referring to the election war of words, which she is very likely to lose, along with the election, unless the majority of Americans lose their collective minds

Trump lost that debate. Make all the excuses you want but trump was DESTROYED. 

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.4.4  devangelical  replied to  MrFrost @2.4.3    4 weeks ago
trump was DESTROYED

... by a black woman, which really fucks with his empty head.

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.4.5  Krishna  replied to  Greg Jones @2.4.2    4 weeks ago
wasn't talking about the war in Ukraine, I very much support the Ukrainians and despise Putin.

Ahem...is itt hat you support Ukraine...just like you aren't voting for Trump-- even despise him?

(Curious minds want to know!)

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.4.6  bugsy  replied to  devangelical @2.4.4    4 weeks ago

Why do leftists have to always bring up race? Sounds like you are saying she needed the help from the moderators because she is black.

If he lost the debate, then he lost to his opponent. Who gives a crap about what color she is.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.4.7  Tessylo  replied to  George @2.4.1    4 weeks ago

the former 'president' convicted felon and rapist and traitor?

MrFrost
Professor Guide
2.4.8  MrFrost  replied to  bugsy @2.4.6    4 weeks ago
Why do leftists have to always bring up race?

Why did trump dwell on Harris's race for over a month? 

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.4.9  Split Personality  replied to  bugsy @2.4.6    4 weeks ago
Why do leftists have to always bring up race?

You're a leftist?

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.4.10  bugsy  replied to  MrFrost @2.4.8    4 weeks ago

I don’t know. Ask him. Fact is every time someone on the left brings someone up for consideration for a post, their race is the first thing mentioned.

Prime example is Harris being Biden’s DEI pick for VP

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.4.11  TᵢG  replied to  bugsy @2.4.10    3 weeks ago
Prime example is Harris being Biden’s DEI pick for VP

What qualifications did Harris have for V.P. other than being Black and Female?

Kavika
Professor Principal
3  Kavika     4 weeks ago

The loser is whining once again. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1  Tessylo  replied to  Kavika @3    4 weeks ago

Such a whiny little bitch

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3.2  Greg Jones  replied to  Kavika @3    4 weeks ago

gv091124dAPC-800x0.jpg

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
3.2.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Greg Jones @3.2    4 weeks ago

While I believe Harris walked the line of what could be proven a couple times such as her assertions of Trumps adherence to Project 2025, but she didn't come right out and make Qanon level lies like Trump which didn't actually really need fact checking, anyone with more than half a brain could see the ridiculous lies Trump was telling. And Trump told FAR more than the few he got fact checked on, the moderators let many more of his misinformation and misrepresentations go than they did of Harris.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.2  Tessylo  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @3.2.1    4 weeks ago

Why is no one commenting on that Kamala 'wants to give transgender illegal aliens sex change operations in prison'

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3.2.3  Split Personality  replied to  Greg Jones @3.2    4 weeks ago

What were the whoppers?  I heard two or three border line exaggerations from Harris.

The only whoppers were from Trump

Biden = highest inflation ever.

Trump = greatest economy ever.

Harris = funding transgender surgeries for illegals in prison (my favorite!!!) I think he almost surprised Harris into laughter !

Trump = illegals eating American pets everywhere ( he saw it on TV ! )

Trump= everything he said about crime in the US was wrong, crime around the world was wrong

Trump= probably 21 million illegals because "they " never report the true numbers.

Trump= inflation is at 70% for some items, 2.9% is a lie because "they" never report the true numbers ( today we are at 2.5% )

Trump= still doesn't appear to understand who ultimately pays for tariffs.

For that matter Trump denied dropping the position that he did not lose in 2020 and referred to three recent comments about losing by a whisker, et. al., as "jokes".  Later when he said he would replace ObamaCare with something far, far better, Muir pressed Trump and Trump replied it was all in his head, "after all I'm not the President".

I thought that was one of the few honest moments from Trump throughout all 90 minutes.

As for your ridiculous meme, Trump literally bullied the moderators into 5 full extra minutes of "air time"

and Linsey Davis not only kept Harris from rebutting once but cut Harris off while they switched back to the networks.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3.2.4  Sean Treacy  replied to  Split Personality @3.2.3    4 weeks ago
nding transgender surgeries for illegals in prison (my favorite!!!) I think he almost surprised Harris into laughter !

It's really funny how little her supporters know about her actual policies:

As President will you use your executive authority to ensure that transgender and nonbinary people who rely on the state for medical care—including those in prison and immigration detention—will have access to comprehensive treatment associated with gender transition, including all necessary surgical care? If yes, how will you do so?”
Harris’s   r esponse was yes , along with the following explanation: “It is important that transgender individuals who rely on the state for care receive the treatment they need, which includes access to treatment associated with gender transition. That’s why, as Attorney General, I pushed the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation to provide gender transition surgery to state inmates. I support policies ensuring that federal prisoners and detainees are able to obtain medically necessary care for gender transition, including surgical care, while incarcerated or detained. Transition treatment is a medical necessity, and I will direct all federal agencies responsible for providing essential medical care to deliver transition treatment.”

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3.2.5  Sean Treacy  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.2.4    4 weeks ago

A number of her paid shills made the same sort of comment about this yesterday. "How crazy is Trump to believe Harris supports that???"

Now that's there's proof she does in fact support using taxpayer dollars to pay for criminal illegals to have gender transitions, we'll soon hear "of course she does. It would be monstrous not to!" 

Enjoy telling your grandkids they will have to pay taxes so Kamala could borrow money to fund illegal alien felons transitions. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.2.6  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.2.5    4 weeks ago

It doesnt bother me that people want to criticize Harris, they are all open to criticism. 

What bothers me are the people who      a) think Trump won that debate     and b)  think that Harris is not fit for office but Trump is .  It is ridiculous beyond words. 

Donald Trump was asked , point blank, to explain his actions on the afternoon of Jan 6th.  He refused to do so, changing the subject yet again (this is at least the third time in a national news setting that he has refused to answer the question).   In itself this disqualifies him as fit for office. He exhibits clear cut consciousness of guilt of his traitorous behavior. We cannot elect a known traitor president of the United States. 

He is asked, specifically , and repeatedly , about his own conduct and he keeps trying to blame Nancy Pelosi. You have to be a fricking moron to believe that Pelosi is responsible for what Trump failed to do on Jan 6th. 

Make Vance the nominee, Republicans, and tell Trump to go f**k himself. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
3.2.7  Krishna  replied to  Split Personality @3.2.3    4 weeks ago

Harris = funding transgender surgeries for illegals in prison (my favorite!!!)

What's wrong with that? aybe if we perform more transgender surgeries for illegals in prison...they just might stop eating all of our pets!

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3.2.8  Split Personality  replied to  Krishna @3.2.7    4 weeks ago

jrSmiley_98_smiley_image.gif

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3.2.9  Split Personality  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.2.4    4 weeks ago

Thank you for the history lesson from 2019.

From her reaction I think we should ask her for her current views.

Nothing else on my list triggered a gotcha moment?

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3.2.10  Split Personality  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.2.5    4 weeks ago

Talking to yourself is not a great look, or is this how Trump convinces himself of the rest of his actual untruths?

Just saying...

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3.2.11  Split Personality  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.2.5    4 weeks ago
Enjoy telling your grandkids they will have to pay taxes so Kamala could borrow money to fund illegal alien felons transitions. 

By the way, she was apparently referring to applying California law standards to Federal law as well

which applies only to life with no hope of parole recipients who claim that not completing their transition

amounted to cruel and unusual punishment. 

One inmate in CA was allowed to transition.

I think we are talking about an astronomically small population of transitioning lifers to get your panties in a bunch over.

But you be you, carry on.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3.2.12  Sean Treacy  replied to  Split Personality @3.2.11    4 weeks ago
to get your panties in a bunch over. But you be you, carry on.

Lol.

You falsely  accused Trump of telling a whopper of a lie because he accurately stated a Harris position that is so absurd on its fact that you find it laughable to believe Harris supports  it.  Yet she does and now you deflect and launch personal attacks.  

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3.2.13  Sean Treacy  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.2.12    4 weeks ago

Harris's policies are so batshit crazy that even squad members refuse to believe they are real:

She wants to do transgender operations on illegal aliens in prison.” Yall serious right now? He says anything. He just put words together that scares people and barely forms sentences.
Kamala Harris: Too Crazy for the Squad.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3.2.14  Split Personality  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.2.12    4 weeks ago

I thanked you for pointing out my error.

I also put her position in context.

I'm assuming you meant face, not fact.

Yet she does and now you deflect and launch personal attacks.  

Coming from you that's kind of sad rather than ironic.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3.2.15  Split Personality  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.2.13    4 weeks ago

Besides talking to yourself again and again,

there is no benefit to your credibility by continuously quoting X (formerly Twitter),

none whatsoever. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3.2.16  Sean Treacy  replied to  Split Personality @3.2.15    4 weeks ago
is no benefit to your credibility by continuously quoting X (formerly Twitter),

I'm quoting a Democratic Congressman's post on twitter, not "Twitter."   Why are you so afraid of a congressman's post? 

JBB
Professor Principal
3.2.17  seeder  JBB  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.2.13    4 weeks ago

original

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3.2.18  Sean Treacy  replied to  Split Personality @3.2.14    4 weeks ago

[deleted][]

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3.2.19  Sean Treacy  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.2.16    4 weeks ago

A democratic congressmen saying : " he wants to do transgender operations on illegal aliens in prison.” Yall serious right now? He says anything. He just put words together that scares people and barely forms sentences." about Kamala's policies sure does bother people.

So here's the next step:

Don’t be ridiculous. Kamala Harris never supported taxpayer funded gender transi… Hold on… getting an update… Of course, Kamala Harris supported taxpayer funded gender transition surgery for felons and illegal aliens in custody, you bigot.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3.2.20  Split Personality  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.2.19    4 weeks ago

Greg Struebe R FL introduced legislation today to " STOP WIERD".

Stopping Transgender Operation Payments and Wacky Expenses for Illegal Residents and Detainees.

So far he has the support of 5 other Republicans.

Which begs the question, why doesn't it include the US prison population of American citizens?

California changed it's laws to permit gender reassignment for permanent prisoner patients based on cases from 2015 and 2017 so Harris would be familiar with those cases.

The Supreme Court declined to hear two cases in 2019 and 2020 for transgender care for permanent prisoner patients.  Similarly, SCOTUS refused to hear any 8th Amendment cases over COVID.

So, like abortion we have a patchwork of healthcare coverage which varies from state to state unlike our English speaking brethren in the UK who have the same care throughout Australia, Canada, England and her territories.

Krishna
Professor Expert
3.2.21  Krishna  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.2.13    4 weeks ago
Kamala Harris: Too Crazy for the Squad.

Two squad members were too crazy--they recently lost their primaries.

And AOC is definitely turning more "moderate".

MrFrost
Professor Guide
4  MrFrost    4 weeks ago

Trump got wrecked... It's that simple. 

Almost literally everything he said was a lie.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
4.1  Split Personality  replied to  MrFrost @4    4 weeks ago

He got an unfair advantage by bullying the moderators for a total of five extra minutes 

and still couldn't make much of an impact.

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.2  Krishna  replied to  MrFrost @4    4 weeks ago
Trump got wrecked... It's that simple. 

And he's definitely become senile.

(Although its also true that Harris handled him quite well...she did a great job!)

squiggy
Junior Silent
5  squiggy    4 weeks ago

Is this the same debate where she flat-out evaded the first question? How do you verify a non-answer?

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
5.1  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  squiggy @5    4 weeks ago

You guys are sooo desperate.  Why has Trump evaded the question of how he plans to deport millions of immigrants in both debates?  When asked, both times he took that time to air completely unrelated grievances and avoid the question entirely.  His response to years of inaction to proposing an alternative to Obamacare:  “if we can find a cheaper way we’re going to do that”.  This guy is such a worthless candidate yet all you guys can do is grasp at straws about Harris.

squiggy
Junior Silent
5.1.1  squiggy  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @5.1    4 weeks ago

But Trump again.... I know what Trump is.  All she has to do is give a direct response. That's it. Don't run. Just answer. No chin. No squeak. No giggles. Just answer.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
5.1.2  TᵢG  replied to  squiggy @5.1.1    4 weeks ago

Look, when you or anyone else attacks Harris you are ipso facto giving support to Trump.   This is a zero-sum game (Harris wins : Trump loses or Trump wins : Harris loses; a negative for Harris is a positive for Trump, and vice-versa).   Thus —especially when the attacks are chickenshit—  you should absolutely expect a rebuttal that points out the hypocrisy of criticizing Harris when the alternative is Trump.

You criticized Harris for evading the first question.   Pretty much what every politician does while trying to present themselves in the most positive light.  But you make no comment on the evasions by Trump and —much worse— his outrageous lies, his unpresidential demeanor, his negative talking down of the nation, etc.

This debate contrasted a well-prepared, intelligent, rational, positive, on-point presidential candidate (Harris) with an unfit, unhinged, loose-cannon, rambling, negative, unpresidential curmudgeon (Trump).  

But you complain that she did what all politicians do in a debate.

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.1.3  Krishna  replied to  squiggy @5.1.1    4 weeks ago
But Trump again.... I know what Trump is.  All she has to do is give a direct response. That's it. Don't run. Just answer. No chin. No squeak. No giggles. Just answer.

Do you really think you're a better debater than Kamela Harris?

I could be wrong but Idon't think she'd want your advice.

Based on Trump's debate performance, he could use some advice-- lots of it!

But because of his Ego I doubt he's follow it.

The guy is a total loser! 

squiggy
Junior Silent
5.1.4  squiggy  replied to  TᵢG @5.1.2    4 weeks ago

But Trump…

squiggy
Junior Silent
5.1.5  squiggy  replied to  Krishna @5.1.3    4 weeks ago

But Trump…

TᵢG
Professor Principal
5.1.6  TᵢG  replied to  squiggy @5.1.4    4 weeks ago

The "But Trump ..." retort does nothing other than announce that you have no argument.