╌>

Voter Registration is Spiking, Particularly Among Young Adults

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  tessylo  •  2 weeks ago  •  107 comments

By:   Maya Marchel Hoff, USA Today

Voter Registration is Spiking, Particularly Among Young Adults

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Voter registration is spiking, particularly among young adults

Maya Marchel Hoff, USA TODAYu pdated  Sat, September 21, 2024 at 1:46 PM EDT · 3 min read

(This story was updated   because an earlier version included an inaccuracy.)

Voter registration is breaking records as Election Day approaches, particularly among young people, many of whom are first-time voters.

On Tuesday's National Voter Registration Day more than 150,000 people registered through Vote.org, the most the organization has ever seen on that day. The organization   registered 279,400 voters in all of last year .

Last week, 337,826 people visited a link posted on Instagram by pop star Taylor Swift that directed them to their state's voter registration site.

Although Swift noted that she would be voting for the Democratic candidate, Vice President   Kamala Harris , people don't have to declare a party affiliation when they register and neither vote.org nor Swift tracked registrations by party. Vote.org has previously told USA TODAY that   about 80% of people they register turn out   in the next election.

faae5da86f5d66c6b1cb78849837b9b9

Jon Luke Young, manager for the Get Out the Vote department of the New Georgia Project, speaks with canvassers to encourage people to register to vote in Atlanta, Georgia on May 12, 2022.

A huge percentage of the newly registered voters are young people, many voting for the first time.

According to Vote.org, voters under 35 made up 81% of Tuesday's registrations, with the biggest spike among 18-year-olds. On this year's National Voter Registration Day, 11% of those registered were 18, which is 53% higher than on the same day four years ago.

"We're really seeing a surge in 18-year-olds registering to vote." Vote.org CEO Andrea Hailey said. "We know that we can onboard the next generation of voters into our democracy if we can get people to register and get out to these elections."

Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren ,   a Democrat, is also trying to make it easier for people to register to vote.

After years of lobbying, she announced Friday that those filing out applications for health insurance through the   HealthCare.Gov   website would be offered an option to receive information on voter registration.

“The health of our democracy depends on Americans registering and exercising their right to vote," Warren said in a statement. Many people looking for coverage through the website have low-wage jobs that don't offer insurance or are just coming off of their parents' insurance at age 26.

"I’ve pushed for the government to use every tool to make it easier to register, particularly for younger and lower-income individuals, and this update is an important action by the Biden-Harris administration to protect the right to vote for all Americans,” Warren said.

Others are finding creative ways to register young voters, including Ezra Gershanok, whose New York City apartment subletting company, Ohana, is reaching younger people in a way that catches their attention: funny memes.

He and others at the company have been passing out flyers with   election-related jokes   and a QR code that leads to a voter registration site.

b9efa7304801120936d4a94d7607ce06

Ezra Gershanok, co-founder or Ohana, puts up memes with QR codes around New York City get more young people to register to vote.

His hope, he said, is to get young people new to the region ‒ precisely his company's demographic ‒ to register to vote. "This past month, our website traffic hit 40,000 people per month, and a lot of them are these young people that are fresh out of college taking their first job in New York, or in this demographic of folks that don't often register to vote," he said. "So we were like, 'could we make an impact in this election by just getting our own users to register to vote?'"

They hit 445 registrations this week and hope to register 10,000 young people by election day.

"I don't think this would resonate with people in their 40s or 50s, but it definitely resonates with young people," Gershanok said.

To register to vote, go to   Vote.gov ,   vote.org , or your state or local election offices.

This article originally appeared on USA TODAY:   Young voters are registering in record numbers

Article is LOCKED by author/seeder
[]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Tessylo    2 weeks ago

I think we're going to see a huge wave of young voters voting for Harris/Walz

Gsquared
Professor Principal
1.1  Gsquared  replied to  Tessylo @1    2 weeks ago

The registration numbers are definitely encouraging.  I believe that most young people know what's at stake in this election.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Gsquared @1.1    2 weeks ago

I read somewhere that 80% of those who registered recently will be out voting - that is promising to me.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1.2  devangelical  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.1    2 weeks ago

... and they won't be participating in any political phone polls.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.3  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  devangelical @1.1.2    2 weeks ago

Who answers their phone anymore if they don't know who is calling?  If I don't know the number, I don't answer.

A lot of the old farts aren't so text savvy.  Nothing against my dad, but he doesn't text.  A lot of older folks don't I think.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1.4  devangelical  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.3    2 weeks ago
Who answers their phone anymore if they don't know who is calling?  If I don't know the number, I don't answer.

I had to learn how to text, or I would've lost contact with my kids. I automatically report unknown callers as spam.

... and why didn't you publish this in the reality show, so your friends could pick off the trolls?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.5  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  devangelical @1.1.4    2 weeks ago

It's been so long since I posted an article, I forgot where best to post.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1.6  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.1    2 weeks ago
"I read somewhere that 80% of those who registered recently will be out voting - that is promising to me."

Why only 80%?  If they took advantage of the right to register to vote, why wouldn't they vote?  They registered to not vote?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1.7  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.3    2 weeks ago

Only people I want to hear from have my phone number.  Aren't you able to have an unlisted number?  Being an old fart I don't text on my phone.  It would take me an hour to punch out a message with one finger, and since I touch-type I'm 1000% faster using my computer. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1.8  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.5    2 weeks ago
"It's been so long since I posted an article, I forgot where best to post."

Create your own group, I'll join.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1.9  devangelical  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.5    2 weeks ago
I forgot where best to post.

I'm just being selfish for my own amusement. anywhere outside their sphere of influence works ...

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.10  bugsy  replied to  devangelical @1.1.4    2 weeks ago

[]

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.1.11  Sean Treacy  replied to  bugsy @1.1.10    2 weeks ago

[]

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1.12  devangelical  replied to  bugsy @1.1.10    2 weeks ago
Encouraging censorship. anybody that refuses to fall in line

?

Insecurity and need to have control to avoid being challenged

who were we talking about, again? trolling is a CoC violation ...

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.13  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.1.6    2 weeks ago

I don't know.  

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1.14  devangelical  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.1.11    2 weeks ago

it's funny when maga gets treated how they want to treat those that disagree with them, isn't it...

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.15  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  devangelical @1.1.9    2 weeks ago

It's easy to post the article but I have trouble posting the accurate picture to go with the article.

I wanted to publish one about that sheriff in Springfield who is terrorizing the Haitian LEGAL citizens residing there but I couldn't figure out how to post a picture of the racist cockkkroach.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.16  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.1.7    2 weeks ago

I've had this same number for many years and got rid of my landline many, many years ago.  I don't want to change my number at this point.  If they want to speak to me, they can leave a message.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.17  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.1.8    2 weeks ago

Cool.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.18  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  devangelical @1.1.4    2 weeks ago

I note those you mention aren't debating the article - just doing what they usually do.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.19  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  devangelical @1.1.4    2 weeks ago

Like I said, nothing against my dad, he still stays in touch with me and the rest of us (five of us kids - three gals - two guys) via phone and in person, but he seems discouraged regarding my one sister who lives out in Bumfuck, VA somewhere - she mainly keeps in touch via e-mail and phone because my dad does not text.

I didn't used to but it is so convenient - it's about the only way I keep in touch with anyone anymore, like most folks I guess.

Luckily we all live close enough that it's not that far away though I hate to drive anymore (I'm becoming one of those old farts - lol) that we can visit often.  Except the one sister in Virginia - I don't go that often, but I used to - but not since she moved further away - she used to live in Fairfax, VA, not far from George Mason University - that's only like a little over an hour away, but she moved way out in the sticks when she retired last year - it's like a 5 hour drive.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.20  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  devangelical @1.1.14    2 weeks ago

Think about all the Haitians and Haitian Americans who already live here in the US and I wonder who they're voting for this year??? 

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1.21  devangelical  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.20    2 weeks ago
I note those you mention aren't debating the article - just doing what they usually do.

that's a real head scratcher ...

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.22  bugsy  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.18    2 weeks ago

[deleted][]

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
1.2  SteevieGee  replied to  Tessylo @1    2 weeks ago

These newly registered voters aren't contacted by pollsters so aren't reflected in polling data.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  SteevieGee @1.2    2 weeks ago

Yes, and?  Are you saying that it won't make a difference?  Do you speak to pollsters?

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.2.2  devangelical  replied to  SteevieGee @1.2    2 weeks ago

mathematically relevant, as are the obtainable call lists by the campaigns.

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
1.2.3  SteevieGee  replied to  Tessylo @1.2.1    2 weeks ago

What I'm saying is that Harris will very likely do better in the election than in the polls.  Pollsters don't always have the latest voter reg lists and don't call non-voters.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.2.4  devangelical  replied to  SteevieGee @1.2.3    2 weeks ago

they usually focus on calling those that were stupid enough to talk to them in the past ...

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2  seeder  Tessylo    2 weeks ago

I think some greatly underestimate the youth vote this time around.  

Gsquared
Professor Principal
2.1  Gsquared  replied to  Tessylo @2    2 weeks ago

Let's hope so.  Young voter turn out is generally low, but with so many registering this close to the election the likelihood is that they intend to vote.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Tessylo @2    2 weeks ago
"I think some greatly underestimate the youth vote this time around."  

And I'll bet they're damned scared.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.2    2 weeks ago

I believe that!  Scared shitless.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.2  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.2    2 weeks ago

The former 'president' convicted felon rapist traitor petulant 'man' child let us know how scared he was.

I HATE TAYLOR SWIFT

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.2.3  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Tessylo @2.2.2    2 weeks ago

Many agree with him it looks like...........

The New York Times, Philadelphia Inquirer and Siena College poll of 2,436 likely voters nationwide revealed that 44% have a favorable opinion of   Taylor Swift,   compared to 34% who have unfavorable views.  The same poll found that 47% view Trump favorably, compared to 51% who don’t. Vice President Kamala Harris, meanwhile, was viewed favorably by 48% of the likely voters and unfavorably by 49%, the newspaper says.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.2.4  Trout Giggles  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2.2.3    2 weeks ago

Taylor Swift has a 44% favorable opinion and 34% unfavorable. Where I went to school 44 is > 34

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.5  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2.2.3    2 weeks ago

I don't follow Fux 'news' polls.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.6  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.2.4    2 weeks ago

jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif The former 'president' convicted felon rapist traitor LOVES the uneducated.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.2.7  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.2.4    2 weeks ago

point is, 47 > 44

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.8  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.2.4    2 weeks ago

Only a maga cultist would have a favorable opinion of the convicted felon rapist traitor so that makes sense.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.2.9  Split Personality  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2.2.7    2 weeks ago

The Hill also published an article today that strongly suggests that Trump's favorable rating is based on racism.

Trump is at 48 percent. How could this be possible but for widespread racism? (thehill.com)

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.2.10  Trout Giggles  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2.2.7    2 weeks ago

This is your comment to Tessy's comment here 

The point is TAYLOR SWIFT!

Nice deflection, BTW

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.11  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.2.4    2 weeks ago

Who was the anchor that he called a brainless bimbo after she called him out?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.2.12  JohnRussell  replied to  Split Personality @2.2.9    2 weeks ago
The Hill also published an article today that strongly suggests that Trump's favorable rating is based on racism.

Trump's entire political career is based on racism. 

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
2.2.13  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Split Personality @2.2.9    2 weeks ago

Exactly,  those voters must either be brain-dead or racist.  If only the equivocating news media would make it clear how terrible Trump is, even though all the media does is talk about how terrible Trump is.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.2.14  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @2.2.11    2 weeks ago

I don't remember there's been so many

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.2.15  JohnRussell  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @2.2.13    2 weeks ago
all the media does is talk about how terrible Trump is.

here's a thought  - he shouldnt have been terrible. 

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
2.2.16  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JohnRussell @2.2.15    2 weeks ago

He's too old to fundamentally change his nature.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
2.2.17  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @2.2.13    2 weeks ago
even though all the media does is talk about how terrible Trump is.

So, Fox News and every other rightwing media outlet that practically worships Trump isn't real "media"? Well, I guess I can't argue with you on that point, how can groveling sycophants ever be considered an objective media source.

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
2.2.18  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2.2.17    2 weeks ago

how can groveling sycophants ever be considered an objective media source

You've got me.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.19  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.2.14    2 weeks ago

That's the thing - it was around the same time he said I HATE TAYLOR SWIFT

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.2.20  devangelical  replied to  Tessylo @2.2.19    2 weeks ago

trump telegraphs his greatest insecurities. when he's denying, he's lying ...

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
2.2.21  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @2.2.18    2 weeks ago
You've got me.

Well, I'm proud of you. It's very big of you to admit it. I think most Trump supporters would try and do as their Dear Leader has taught them, to "deny, deny, deny". Your honesty is a breath of fresh air.

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.2.22  devangelical  replied to  Split Personality @2.2.9    2 weeks ago
Trump's favorable rating is based on racism.

that's the maga party's 2024 platform...

Kavika
Professor Principal
3  Kavika     2 weeks ago

good to hear.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4  JohnRussell    2 weeks ago

If all these newly registered voters show up on election day Trump is doomed. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @4    2 weeks ago

I believe a good percentage of them will - like I said above - about 80% of those newly registered, will vote.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
4.1.1  Split Personality  replied to  Tessylo @4.1    2 weeks ago

and they only have smart phones and don't answer polls.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.2  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Split Personality @4.1.1    2 weeks ago

Me too!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.3  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Split Personality @4.1.1    2 weeks ago

I'll be 62 in October but I'm still young at heart.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.4  JohnRussell  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.3    2 weeks ago

I'll be 75 on Sunday.  The spirit is young at heart and the mind is sharp, but the body does its own thing. If you are ill getting old is like getting hit by a truck. 

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
4.1.5  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.4    2 weeks ago

You got that right.  The chemo is much harder at 70 than it was at 66.  Getting old isn't form weak of heart

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
4.1.6  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.4    2 weeks ago
I'll be 75 on Sunday

Then may i wish you a happy birthday beforehand . Just in case im either not around , or which is more likely i forget .

Split Personality
Professor Guide
4.1.7  Split Personality  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.4    2 weeks ago

Happy Birthday JR!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.8  JohnRussell  replied to  Split Personality @4.1.7    2 weeks ago

thanks

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.9  JohnRussell  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @4.1.6    2 weeks ago

thanks

cjcold
Professor Quiet
4.1.10  cjcold  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @4.1.6    2 weeks ago

70 tomorrow.

CB
Professor Principal
4.1.11  CB  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @4.1.5    2 weeks ago

Yet, getting old is the 'only' game of its kind. 'Use it or lose it.'  :)

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
4.1.12  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  CB @4.1.11    2 weeks ago

I remain in the fight, next chemo session is Wed-Fri.

CB
Professor Principal
4.1.13  CB  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.4    2 weeks ago

'Big ups.' To the man who keeps it real on NT every day! :)

Hip!  Hip! Hooray!

Hip! Hip! Hooray! 

Hip! Hip! Hooray!

CB
Professor Principal
4.1.14  CB  replied to  cjcold @4.1.10    2 weeks ago
Hip!  Hip! Hooray!

Hip! Hip! Hooray! 

Hip! Hip! Hooray!

CB
Professor Principal
4.1.15  CB  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @4.1.12    2 weeks ago

I wish you the best in best of healing properties through treatment, calm, and stress-reduction

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
4.1.16  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  CB @4.1.15    2 weeks ago

Thanks, I continuing to work remotely like the last time.  It takes my mind off of me.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.17  JohnRussell  replied to  CB @4.1.13    2 weeks ago

jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.18  JohnRussell  replied to  cjcold @4.1.10    2 weeks ago

HB

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
4.1.19  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  cjcold @4.1.10    2 weeks ago

then same to you .

Split Personality
Professor Guide
4.1.20  Split Personality  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.3    2 weeks ago

The voice in my head is still 27ish.

devangelical
Professor Principal
4.1.21  devangelical  replied to  Split Personality @4.1.20    2 weeks ago

... the voice in my head still gets carded.

devangelical
Professor Principal
4.1.22  devangelical  replied to  cjcold @4.1.10    2 weeks ago

hb to cj and jr ...

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
4.1.23  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  devangelical @4.1.21    2 weeks ago

they aint checking to see if your old enough to buy , simply checking to see if you qualify for the seniors discount ., that happens to me all the time now .

devangelical
Professor Principal
4.1.24  devangelical  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @4.1.23    2 weeks ago

I've had to prove I was over 65 before ...

devangelical
Professor Principal
4.1.25  devangelical  replied to  devangelical @4.1.24    2 weeks ago

I've had to turn down younger women before, because they didn't know CPR ...

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.26  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.17    2 weeks ago

Yeah, Happy Belated Birthday John - I forgot!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.27  JohnRussell  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.26    2 weeks ago

jrSmiley_82_smiley_image.gif

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.28  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.27    2 weeks ago

Of course I forget why I went into the next room as soon as I get there so .......

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.29  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  cjcold @4.1.10    2 weeks ago

Happy Belated Birthday to you too cj

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.1.30  Trout Giggles  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.27    2 weeks ago

Happy belated b-day, John!

You, too cj

CB
Professor Principal
4.1.31  CB  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.28    2 weeks ago

It's called "senior moments" and its real. I know about it.

devangelical
Professor Principal
4.1.32  devangelical  replied to  CB @4.1.31    2 weeks ago

I've already forgot what we were talking about ...

Thomas
Masters Guide
4.2  Thomas  replied to  JohnRussell @4    2 weeks ago
If all these newly registered voters show up on election day Trump is doomed. 

Not necessarily. There is no guarantee that just because they are young voters they will vote any specific way. They could be registering to protest vote. They could be registering because they are MAGA. 

evilone
Professor Guide
4.2.1  evilone  replied to  Thomas @4.2    2 weeks ago

Here's a new polling breakdown -

Vice President Kamala Harris holds a 12-point lead over former President Donald Trump among voters younger than 35. ...Harris leads Trump 52% to 40% among these likely voters ...

The gender gap seen across voters of all ages is present among this group as well. Where female likely voters younger than 35 prefer Harris over Trump, 53% to 39%, male likely voters are closely divided. And among registered voters, young women are 15 points likelier than men to express a positive view of Harris.

Source

Thomas
Masters Guide
4.2.2  Thomas  replied to  evilone @4.2.1    2 weeks ago

Get out the vote, but get out the female vote especially.

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
4.2.3  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Thomas @4.2.2    2 weeks ago

I applied for my absentee ballot two days ago.  My wife and daughter usually vote early at a drop-off, opens mid-Oct.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
4.2.4  Split Personality  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @4.2.3    2 weeks ago

In Texas they made it illegal to drop off mail in ballots except on voting day.

Last time we tried that, it took hours to find parking, get in line etc. 

No drop off box any more, get in line and hand them in at the front counter.

It's easier to wait in line a few blocks away at City Hall when early voting starts.

devangelical
Professor Principal
4.2.5  devangelical  replied to  Split Personality @4.2.4    2 weeks ago

rwnj's with zero integrity worried about voter integrity...

in colorado you can drop them off at any of the many drop boxes, or put a stamp on the envelope, and as soon as the county receives it you get a confirmation email...

devangelical
Professor Principal
4.2.6  devangelical  replied to  devangelical @4.2.5    2 weeks ago

of course, anyone with a cutting torch, a forklift, and a 1 ton flatbed could abscond with a ballot drop box...

Split Personality
Professor Guide
4.2.7  Split Personality  replied to  devangelical @4.2.5    2 weeks ago

We have an extreme distrust of DeJoy's plans for USPS of even slower mail delivery with fewer employes and fewer hours.

devangelical
Professor Principal
4.2.8  devangelical  replied to  Split Personality @4.2.7    2 weeks ago

meh, with the SCOTUS ruling on immunity, space on milk cartons could come at a premium price soon ...

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.2.9  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Thomas @4.2    2 weeks ago

I have a good feeling they're voting blue.  I don't think maga are all that motivated.

devangelical
Professor Principal
4.2.10  devangelical  replied to  Tessylo @4.2.9    2 weeks ago

not doing what they said they did is a common maga malady ...

JBB
Professor Principal
5  JBB    2 weeks ago

Do MAGA really not know what is coming at them on November 5th?

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
5.1  Ozzwald  replied to  JBB @5    2 weeks ago
Do MAGA really not know what is coming at them on November 5th?

MAGA candidates really have 2 major weaknesses in getting elected.

1. The youth vote.
  2. Those with a higher education.

devangelical
Professor Principal
5.1.1  devangelical  replied to  Ozzwald @5.1    2 weeks ago

... the sane.

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
5.1.2  SteevieGee  replied to  devangelical @5.1.1    2 weeks ago

... women.

devangelical
Professor Principal
5.1.3  devangelical  replied to  SteevieGee @5.1.2    2 weeks ago

... sane women.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6  Trout Giggles    2 weeks ago

This is encouraging news

devangelical
Professor Principal
6.1  devangelical  replied to  Trout Giggles @6    2 weeks ago

... hence the maga effort to disqualify eligible voters and limit access nationwide.