╌>

An abominable act of desperation.

Category:  Op/Ed

By:  vic-eldred  •  2 weeks ago  •  160 comments

An abominable act of desperation.
“To me if it [an election] were 90 days off, and you think it has a significant chance of impacting an election, unless there’s a reason you need to take that action now, you don’t do it.” ... Sally Yates, former Deputy Attorney General

In case anyone still has any doubts about the DOJ being weaponized, Obama appointee Tanya Chutkan just unsealed a motion within 33 days of an election in a desperate move to try and influence the outcome.

The question that rational people might ask:

What justification could there be to unseal this motion within a month of a national election?

It is an outrageous act by a very partisan POS who for some reason keeps getting to be judge over all things Trump. This was filed under seal and the Trump legal team had until mid-October to respond. Certainly, this matter which wasn't due to go to trial until after the election could have waited until after November 5th, but probably due to recent headwinds the Harris campaign was facing such as Harris & Biden being slow to respond to Hurricane Helene and a looming dock workers strike and the recent defeat of Harris running mate in the debate, the dems felt they had to come up with something and lawfare & smearing was it. The democrat party is also in danger of an enthusiasm problem due to poor candidates. Smearing Trump is the great motivator for their far-left base. The short answer to the question is there is no justification for it.

230801-tanya-chutkan-Trump-Indictment-Capitol-Riot-Judge-ac-855p-a552d7.jpg
Judge Tanya Chutkan

Chutkan was part of the evil legacy of Barack Obama. A radical judge who abuses the law. She was the judge who meted out the harshest sentences to the Jan 6th protestors, often harsher than the already excessive sentences demanded by Biden’s DOJ. At the same time, when defendants or their attorneys dared compare that one day to the weeks and weeks of BLM and Antifa violence that took two dozen lives and caused billions in damage, she replied: “Some have compared what took place on Jan. 6 with other protests that took place throughout the country through the past year and have suggested that the Capitol rioters are being treated unfairly, I flatly disagree.”

If Chutkan had been a respectable judge in the American tradition, she would have recused herself from Trump cases. She has past connections to Fusion GPS (the opposition research firm that generated the "Steele Dossier."

In other news:

Israeli strikes near the heart of Beirut, Lebanon killed 6 people according to the so called "health ministry." Biden said he won't support Israeli strikes on Iranian nuclear sites. Why does it seem that Obama and Biden want Iran to have nuclear weapons?

At least 183 people have now died from Hurricane Helene making Helene the deadliest hurricane to hit the mainland U.S. since Katrina. FEMA doesn't have enough funding to make it through the rest of the hurricane season, Biden’s homeland security secretary said. It spent most of its funds supporting communities dealing with migrants.

Jack Smith, the special counsel, revealed evidence in a revised legal brief. An Obama judge outrageously made the brief public right before the election.

Three of the MLB Wild Card series resulted in sweeps. The underdog Detroit Tigers and the Kansas City Royals advanced, along with the San Diego Padres.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  author  Vic Eldred    2 weeks ago

Good morning.

Melania Trump, in a new memoir, says she supports abortion rights.

03themorning-nl-melania-bzvj-jumbo.jpg

“Why should anyone other than the woman herself have the power to determine what she does with her own body?” she wrote.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1  devangelical  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 weeks ago
What justification could there be to unseal this motion within a month of a national election?

years of legal stalling attempts have resulted in the unfortunate consequences of poor timing in the slow grind of the legal process for citizen trump. it's critical that voters know the full extent of alleged criminal acts perpetrated by a candidate for the highest office in america, and read the testimony of republican witnesses within the trump administration, taken by the DOJ, against other republicans that have allegedly committed criminal acts.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  devangelical @1.1    2 weeks ago
it's critical that voters know

Thank you for making my point.

BTW, releasing the info now all but renders the trial after the election dead on arrival. What the Judge just allowed would be viewed as prejudicial to the defendant.

(To the point bugsy made in post 2.)

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.1.2  Greg Jones  replied to  devangelical @1.1    2 weeks ago

Sorry dev, it's too little and way too late. Besides attempting to influence and interfere in a presidential election. The lefties seem to think that a large number of the voters are dumb and easily brainwashed by this display of desperation. A vast majority of Americans have forgotten about a half assed riot that accomplished nothing several years and have moved on to the really important things in their lives.

evilone
Professor Guide
1.1.3  evilone  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.1    2 weeks ago
BTW, releasing the info now all but renders the trial after the election dead on arrival.

No, it really doesn't.

evilone
Professor Guide
1.1.4  evilone  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1.2    2 weeks ago
The lefties seem to think that a large number of the voters are dumb and easily brainwashed by this display of desperation

Some people rightly understand a large number of voters are dumb and easily brainwashed by their display of adoration for a felon sexual predator.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.5  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  evilone @1.1.3    2 weeks ago

Oh yes it does.

Clearly prejudicial.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.6  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  evilone @1.1.4    2 weeks ago

If his conviction is overturned as I predict, will you apologize?

evilone
Professor Guide
1.1.7  evilone  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.6    2 weeks ago
If his conviction is overturned as I predict, will you apologize?

The only way this makes it to trial is if Trump loses the election. You don't expect Trump to lose do you? 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.8  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  evilone @1.1.7    2 weeks ago

I'm asking you about his conviction which is under appeal.

evilone
Professor Guide
1.1.9  evilone  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.8    2 weeks ago
I'm asking you about his conviction which is under appeal.

Deflecting from your own article?

I'm not sure what I need to apologize for. He currently is a convicted felon, but if overturned on appeal won't be. I'll abide by whatever ruling comes out. Will you? 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.10  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  evilone @1.1.9    2 weeks ago
He currently is a convicted felon, but if overturned on appeal won't be. I'll abide by whatever ruling comes out.

That sounds great, but you knew the New York case was BS. We all know it and you and others like to call him a convicted felon. I think there should be some accountability, not only for the DA's & prosecutors but also for those who took such glee in the abuse of the law.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.1.11  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  devangelical @1.1    2 weeks ago
years of legal stalling attempts have resulted in the unfortunate consequences of poor timing in the slow grind of the legal process for citizen trump.

You said it.  LEGAL.  The "stalling" is 100% legal.  Your hurt feelings on this do not matter.  Smith has already proven himself to be a partisan hack as this "judge" has.  It's taken the better part of a decade to dig up something and the best that the left and Democrats have come up with are misdemeanors past their statute of limitations inflated to felonies. 

Smith has already had a case dismissed because it appears he was not properly appointed (which still stands for this nonsense as well).

evilone
Professor Guide
1.1.12  evilone  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.10    2 weeks ago
...the New York case was BS.

It is your opinion the case is BS.

We all know it and you and others like to call him a convicted felon.

It is a fact he is now a convicted felon.

I think there should be some accountability, not only for the DA's & prosecutors but also for those who took such glee in the abuse of the law.

It's comments like this that lead me to believe the whole "law fare" argument is right wing populist projection.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.13  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  evilone @1.1.12    2 weeks ago
It is your opinion the case is BS.

Describe the law Alvin Bragg used.

It is a fact he is now a convicted felon.

The fact is democrats wanted to hang that on him. You do like calling him that, do you not?

It's comments like this that lead me to believe the whole "law fare" argument is right wing populist projection.

What that comment should tell you is that decent people resent the tactics that democrats use to win elections.

evilone
Professor Guide
1.1.14  evilone  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.13    2 weeks ago
Describe the law Alvin Bragg used.

Does describing it make it less relevant or Trump less guilty?

The fact is democrats wanted to hang that on him.

Again does that make Trump less guilty?

You do like calling him that, do you not?

Probably as much as you like calling Joe Biden corrupt. The exception here is that Trump is guilty while the full power of two House investigation committees couldn't find anything on Biden. See how that works?

What that comment should tell you is that decent people resent the tactics that democrats use to win elections.

Decent people don't support Trump. 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.1.15  Greg Jones  replied to  evilone @1.1.14    2 weeks ago

But you still can't define and explain what specific crime that Trump is allegedly guilty of

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
1.1.16  1stwarrior  replied to  devangelical @1.1    2 weeks ago

link?

evilone
Professor Guide
1.1.17  evilone  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1.15    2 weeks ago
But you still can't define and explain what specific crime that Trump is allegedly guilty of

Allegedly? Really?

At this point only the willfully ignorant doesn't know what Trump was found guilty of. It's been posted here at NT multiple times by others and reported on multiple times by the press both liberal and conservative. 

Trump was found guilty by a full jury on 34 counts of bookkeeping fraud to cover up crimes committed by his lawyer and his friend who runs a tabloid. The lawyer pled guilty and did prison time for his felonies and the friend was given immunity to testify for the prosecution and admitted his crime on the stand under oath. Nothing 'alleged' about it. He was indicted, tried and found guilty.

The sentencing has been stayed while the election runs it's course and the verdict has been appealed. 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.1.18  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  evilone @1.1.17    2 weeks ago
Trump was found guilty by a full jury on 34 counts of bookkeeping fraud to cover up crimes committed by his lawyer and his friend who runs a tabloid

And those will soon be thrown out by the court of appeals.

evilone
Professor Guide
1.1.19  evilone  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.1.18    2 weeks ago
And those will soon be thrown out by the court of appeals.

Maybe, maybe not. As I've said since the charges were announced I'll let the case work it's way through the system. 

Gsquared
Professor Principal
1.1.20  Gsquared  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.5    2 weeks ago
Clearly prejudicial.

Only right wingers think that providing the facts to the American people is prejudicial.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
1.1.21  Gsquared  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @1.1.11    2 weeks ago
The "stalling" is 100% legal.

Then so is providing the facts of Trump's criminal misconduct to the American people.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
1.1.22  Gsquared  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.10    2 weeks ago
the New York case was BS. We all know it

"We" referring to the naive, low information types.

you and others like to call him a convicted felon

He is a convicted felon.  No one likes the fact that a former President of the United States is a criminal, but his criminality is blatant and obvious.

I think there should be some accountability... for those who took such glee in the abuse of the law.

Then you should think a significant prison sentence for Trump would be appropriate.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
1.1.23  Gsquared  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1.2    2 weeks ago
moved on to the really important things in their lives

We know the right wing types have moved on to what's really important to them, things like banning books.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1.24  devangelical  replied to  Gsquared @1.1.23    2 weeks ago

... and getting domestic terrorists pardoned.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.2  devangelical  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 weeks ago
Melania Trump, in a new memoir, says she supports abortion rights.

nobody cares what comes out of her mouth[]

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.2.1  Greg Jones  replied to  devangelical @1.2    2 weeks ago

Same could be said of Harris and Walz.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.2.2  devangelical  replied to  Greg Jones @1.2.1    2 weeks ago

an abominable act of desperation = running for POTUS to avoid criminal prosecution and prison time ...

bugsy
Professor Participates
2  bugsy    2 weeks ago

Guaranteed if Trump loses the election , all of these trials with magically go away. He is in no danger of going to prison and it shows the desperation of the left to rid the one person they hate the most because he beat their queen eight years ago. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  bugsy @2    2 weeks ago

I have never seen so much done to a single political figure in my life.

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.1.1  devangelical  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1    2 weeks ago

I have never seen a more despicable, corrupt, and criminal elected politician in my life.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  devangelical @2.1.1    2 weeks ago

Joe Biden?

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.1.3  bugsy  replied to  devangelical @2.1.1    2 weeks ago

[deleted][]

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.1.4  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1    2 weeks ago

It is amazing how so many people fear ONE person.  

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.1.5  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  devangelical @2.1.1    2 weeks ago

Better part of a decade and a lot of people made that claim yet none have been able to prove it.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.6  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.1.4    2 weeks ago

How will we ever explain it to future generations?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.7  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.6    2 weeks ago

It is the Trump admirers who should be afraid of that question. 

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.1.8  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.6    2 weeks ago

Oh, we already know they'll deny it ever happened.  Just like the "Border Czar" and Biden throwing open the borders on his 1st day.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.9  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.7    2 weeks ago

You are talking about the American people.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.10  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.9    2 weeks ago

The majority of the American people think Trump is a criminal. The sad part is some of them will vote for him anyway. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.11  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.1.8    2 weeks ago
Just like the "Border Czar"

That title was adopted by the media. Now they try to say well, Biden never called her that.

and Biden throwing open the borders on his 1st day.

About 6 or 7 still deny that he deliberately opened the border, 2 still deny that it was open or even a crisis and one claims that "he failed to secure the border."

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.12  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.10    2 weeks ago
The majority of the American people think Trump is a criminal.

Can you prove that?

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.1.13  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.11    2 weeks ago
About 6 or 7 still deny that he deliberately opened the border

Despite the EO being public record.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.14  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.1.13    2 weeks ago

It is truly amazing!

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.15  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.11    2 weeks ago

It’s the Lenin gambit.     “A lie told often enough becomes the truth.”     They aren’t the only practitioners of this technique though.    Joseph Goebbels was a big fan as well. 

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.1.16  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.10    2 weeks ago
The majority of the American people think Trump is a criminal.

The operable word there is THINK.  They THINK Trump is a criminal, but none have seen any kind of proof.  That proof is what has eluded the left and Democrats for the better part of a decade now.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.17  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.12    2 weeks ago

Nope and comments like that are way past doubling down.    It’s closer to millioning down.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.18  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @2.1.15    2 weeks ago
“A lie told often enough becomes the truth.”

That is their old standby.

Joseph Goebbels was a big fan as well. 

He gets the rap for it.

I think highest honor should go to Joseph Stalin with his five-year plans. When his top economic minister told the Russian people what a success the first five-year plan was, Stalin told him "You are a liar and an idiot, and you shall go far."

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.19  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @2.1.17    2 weeks ago

[]

Hallux
Professor Principal
2.1.20  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.6    2 weeks ago

Please don't, they can handle themselves and none here have an iota of disinterest.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.21  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hallux @2.1.20    2 weeks ago
Please don't,

Ah yes, the mantra of the Soviet historians.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.22  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.19    2 weeks ago

[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.23  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.12    2 weeks ago
Just over half -- 52% -- think Trump should have been charged with a crime in this case, 
Nearly two-thirds of Americans think Jan. 6 charges against Trump are serious: POLL - ABC News (go.com)

Hallux
Professor Principal
2.1.24  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.21    2 weeks ago
the mantra of the Soviet historians

Gee, and here I thought it was Darryl Cooper's mantra. Someone needs to change their sources. I'll go first ... oh wait, I'm already here.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.1.25  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.23    2 weeks ago

ummmm...................

August 4, 2023, 7:07 AM

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2.1.26  Greg Jones  replied to  devangelical @2.1.1    2 weeks ago

The Clintons come close.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2.1.27  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.23    2 weeks ago

Still not gonna affect the vote.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
2.1.28  Gsquared  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.6    2 weeks ago

History will record Trump's rampant criminality and it will all be thoroughly explained to future generations.

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
2.2  SteevieGee  replied to  bugsy @2    2 weeks ago
Guaranteed if Trump loses the election , all of these trials with magically go away.

This is exactly why the American people should see it now.  In order to make informed decisions we need the information.  We paid for it.  We should be able to see it.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  SteevieGee @2.2    2 weeks ago
This is exactly why the American people should see it now. 

There is only one reason why Chutkan allowed that info to be released now, and we all know what that is. It is ELECTION INTERFERENCE.

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
2.2.2  SteevieGee  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.2.1    2 weeks ago

Giving voters accurate information based on the testimony under oath of Trump's most trusted advisors is not election interference.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2.2.3  Greg Jones  replied to  SteevieGee @2.2.2    2 weeks ago

Yeah, but it will have to go through the courts, and there is no time left to do that.

Too little, too late, for fake evidence to be considered.

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.2.4  bugsy  replied to  SteevieGee @2.2.2    2 weeks ago

So by that logic you were perfectly OK with a  past AG reopening an investigation into a woman named Hillary right before an election 8 years ago.

Afterall, we had to have accurate information, right?

Good to know.

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
2.2.5  SteevieGee  replied to  bugsy @2.2.4    2 weeks ago

Sounds like a precedent to me Bugs.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3  author  Vic Eldred    2 weeks ago

GY7JzNBWQAA7B28?format=jpg&name=small

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
3.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Vic Eldred @3    2 weeks ago

He'd better share that with the boss who promised yesterday that the feds would foot the bill for the NC/TN cleanup efforts..........do these people ever talk amongst themselves?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @3.1    2 weeks ago

Where were they?

George
Junior Expert
3.1.2  George  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @3.1    2 weeks ago

Charlie Kirk
@charl...•2h
Rep. Cory Mills is in North Carolina trying to rescue Americans. He claims FEMA is largely MIA because it has diverted resources for immigration resettlement:
"So that's really where the missing piece is, the Federal piece. Let's go ahead and point out the obvious. FEMA had utilized a large majority of the personnel who should be here taking care of this to be replaced or repurposed for immigration resettlement when we need to be focused on Americans."
There's over 170 dead Americans and over 1,000 still missing. This is totally unacceptable and tragic.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
3.1.3  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.1    2 weeks ago

Greenville SC and then a fly over of Asheville, NC.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3.1.4  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @3.1    2 weeks ago

That would indicate some sort of organization among them.  As we've seen, that doesn't exist.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.5  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @3.1.3    2 weeks ago

Ah, and we remember how they played Katrina:

image810111.jpg

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3.1.6  Greg Jones  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.5    2 weeks ago

There is no two ways about it....coming down the home stretch the Dem dummies are really fucking things up for themselves.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
3.1.7  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Greg Jones @3.1.6    2 weeks ago

And anyone with more than two brain cells to rub together, sees right through the bullshit. It's so blatantly obvious.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4  JohnRussell    2 weeks ago

For a long time we have had to listen to Trumpsters whine that "January 6th wasnt an insurrection" , as if that those few words would be Trump's get out of jail free card. Almost none of them watched the J6 hearings or read the report, so they felt free to call it all "lawfare" or other such nonsense. 

It turns out, as we all knew, that the case against Trump was NOT based on his Jan 6th speech, but on a pattern of fraud and corruption that began even before the 2020 election. There is a passage in this released material where it is testified to that Trump said before the election that he planned on declaring victory before the votes were counted.  Such a declaration would give his idiot followers a presumption that he had actually won, thus greasing the skids for all the election denying he would engage in over the following two months. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @4    2 weeks ago

The left has abused the law to get at Trump.

How can you defend releasing Grand Jury material a month before an election?

Gsquared
Professor Principal
4.1.1  Gsquared  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1    2 weeks ago
How can you defend releasing Grand Jury material a month before an election?

How can you defend withholding Grand Jury material from the American people for as long as it's been withheld?

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
4.1.2  Greg Jones  replied to  Gsquared @4.1.1    2 weeks ago

The Dems have been the ones withholding it. Why release it this close to an election.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.2  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @4    2 weeks ago

[]

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.2.1  Sparty On  replied to  Sparty On @4.2    2 weeks ago

[deleted] [] Trumpster is okay but useful idiot is not?

[deleted][]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.2.2  JohnRussell  replied to  Sparty On @4.2.1    2 weeks ago

I wasnt aware "Trumpster" offended anyone.  I always thought of it as a short way of saying Trump supporter. 

I have faith that the boss of NT will agree with me. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.2.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @4.2.2    2 weeks ago

I understand what he is getting at. 

Based on what I saw this morning, I will take it up with the right person.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.2.4  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @4.2.2    2 weeks ago
I wasnt aware "Trumpster" offended anyone.

Bullshit.    Just man up and admit you use it as an intentional derogatory term.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.2.5  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.2.3    2 weeks ago

whoop de doo

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.2.6  JohnRussell  replied to  Sparty On @4.2.4    2 weeks ago

seek help

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.2.7  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @4.2.6    2 weeks ago

Yeah, that’s what I thought.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.2.8  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @4.2.5    2 weeks ago
whoop de doo

At the very least I get to make my case.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.2.9  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.2.8    2 weeks ago

[]

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.2.10  Sparty On  replied to  Sparty On @4.2.9    2 weeks ago

Hey little buddy, you’re losing your touch.    I made it over a week this time before you managed to broom me.

You better sharpen your crayons pally ….

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
4.3  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @4    2 weeks ago
"There is a passage in this released material where it is testified to that Trump said before the election that he planned on declaring victory before the votes were counted."  
As mentioned in other articles this is simply "hearsay" or an alleged statement or declaration that cannot be verified.
Hearsay:   noun
  1. information received from other people that one cannot adequately substantiate; rumor:
    "according to hearsay, Bob had managed to break his arm"
    • law
      the report of another person's words by a witness, which is usually disallowed as evidence in a court of law:
      "everything they had told him would have been ruled out as hearsay" · "the admissibility of hearsay evidence"

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5  Sparty On    2 weeks ago

[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @5    2 weeks ago

I think we should put them in order according to the worst offenders:

1) Iran.  After all they are trying to kill Trump and other officials, plus they hacked the Trump campaign.

2) Biden's DOJ: They used lawfare and violated agency guidelines in the process.

3) The FBI: For unethical investigations which were nothing more than fishing expeditions to get Trump.

4) The Clinton campaign: For spreading the greatest hoax of all time.

5) Tanya Chutkan : For allowing damaging info to influence an election.

6) The left-wing media for lying 24/7

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1    2 weeks ago
1) Iran.  After all they are trying to kill Trump and other officials, plus they hacked the Trump campaign.

The moron said the other day that his pen pal Kim Jong Un is trying to kill him, and that someone had diverted assets that should be protecting him to protecting Jong Un at the U.N. meeting.  Which would be tough to do since Kim Jong Un wasnt at the U.N. Meeting. 

You are supporting a mentally ill person to be president. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.1.2  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1    2 weeks ago

Pretty hard to list them in order of egregiousness but okay.

Yep

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.1.3  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.1    2 weeks ago
You are supporting a mentally ill person to be president. 

Where did you get your Psychiatry degree?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.4  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.1    2 weeks ago

In case you missed it John, the FBI briefed him on the threats he was facing.

I'm sure, like most everything he says, it will turn out to be true.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1.5  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.4    2 weeks ago

I looked and looked and looked to see if Kim Jong Un was in New York for the U.N. meeting and found nothing.

If you have a news story saying that he was please post it. 

Your idiot leader said that protection had been diverted from him to protect Kim Jong Un at the U.N. meeting. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.6  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.5    2 weeks ago
I looked and looked and looked to see if Kim Jong Un was in New York for the U.N. meeting and found nothing.

And that is the angle you want to use today?

If you have a news story saying that he was please post it. 

I don't. I know anything about it. I don't know why it is bothering you or why it would bother others.

Your idiot leader said that protection had been diverted from him to protect Kim Jong Un at the U.N. meeting. 

We do know the Iranian leader got SS protection. Could that be it John?  That would be ironic, wouldn't it?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1.7  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.6    2 weeks ago
We do know the Iranian leader got SS protection. Could that be it John?  That would be ironic, wouldn't it?

If you want to call your hero mistaking the leader of North Korea for the leader of Iran, go for it.   It is nothing short of amazing how you excuse every single thing the jackass does. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.8  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.7    2 weeks ago
If you want to call your hero mistaking the leader of North Korea for the leader of Iran, go for it.

I couldn't care less, if he made a mistake.

People are struggling to put food on the table and the country is swarming with illegal migrants.

That is what matters, John.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
5.1.9  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.7    2 weeks ago
It is nothing short of amazing how you excuse every single thing the jackass does. 

Nor is it nothing short of amazing how you point out every little minuscule move he makes or thing he says.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.10  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @5.1.2    2 weeks ago

We have to put them in order. That's the way it was done at Nuremberg.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1.11  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.8    2 weeks ago

His eyes could be rolled back in his head and he could be gagging on his own tongue and you would be talking about inflation. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.12  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.11    2 weeks ago
you would be talking about inflation. 

And you don't want that talked about. I don't blame you.

There was an interview conducted last month. Some young woman in Times Square was asked about the economic impact on the election. She said "I have a great paying job, I don't care about the prices, I just don't want to hear Trump anymore."

I regard her as the typical progressive.

Am I wrong?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.2  Sparty On  replied to  Sparty On @5    2 weeks ago

[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6  author  Vic Eldred    2 weeks ago

Does anyone understand the federal rules on this case?

The prosecutor files an indictment;

the defense makes motions (to dismiss charges, to suppress evidence, or what have you);

and then the prosecution responds to those motions.

As judge Chutkan admitted regarding Jack Smith's request: It is irregular, but OK.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.1  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @6    2 weeks ago

No problem for the people that turn misdemeanors into felonies.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @6.1    2 weeks ago

They see no evil and refuse to accept facts.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
7  Right Down the Center    2 weeks ago

Looks like Hildabeast was right about a bogus October surprise.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Right Down the Center @7    2 weeks ago

They got a few real ones with the ILA strike and the VP debate.

On the democrat side, Jack Smith and the POS Chutkan decided to manufacture one.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
7.2  Sparty On  replied to  Right Down the Center @7    2 weeks ago

The mark of the beast.      6  6  6

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
7.3  Ozzwald  replied to  Right Down the Center @7    2 weeks ago

It's what SCOTUS directed them to do.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
7.3.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Ozzwald @7.3    2 weeks ago

Your link is where?

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
7.3.2  Right Down the Center  replied to  Ozzwald @7.3    2 weeks ago

Scotus told them when to do it?

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
7.3.3  Ozzwald  replied to  Right Down the Center @7.3.2    2 weeks ago

SCOTUS ruled that POTUS had limited immunity in regards to actions within  the performance of his duties.  Therefore Smith had to release all evidence for the judge to determine which (if any) actions fall within POTUS's Constitutional duties.  This is something that was required by SCOTUS. 

Right wingers are just upset that Smith did it so quickly.

Special counsel Jack Smith filed a new indictment Tuesday against Donald Trump over his efforts to undo the 2020 presidential election that keeps the same criminal charges but narrows the allegations against him following a Supreme Court opinion that conferred broad immunity on former presidents.

Igknorantzruls
Sophomore Quiet
7.3.4  Igknorantzruls  replied to  Right Down the Center @7.3.2    2 weeks ago

Why, just Why is it you feel the American public doesnt deserve to al least know what Trump was being charged with, before they cast  their vote ?

Why would you not want the public to know what Trump is being charged with, cause in many right wing bubbles they have not a clue what Trump done did do, and that is Wrong !

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
7.3.5  Ozzwald  replied to  Igknorantzruls @7.3.4    2 weeks ago
in many right wing bubbles they have not a clue what Trump done did do

But in most cases this is known as willful ignorance.

745045_poster.jpg

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
7.3.6  Greg Jones  replied to  Igknorantzruls @7.3.4    2 weeks ago

The public as a whole, doesn't care what this warmed over recycled fake evidence consists of.

Igknorantzruls
Sophomore Quiet
7.3.7  Igknorantzruls  replied to  Greg Jones @7.3.6    2 weeks ago
The public as a whole,

Yes, ass a wholes would not care to know, butt, is that fair to the rest ?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
8  Sparty On    2 weeks ago

The only thing Jack Smith has going for him is he looks a little like coach Beard in Ted Lasso BAYBEE!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @8    2 weeks ago

This is the sort of thing Smith is noted for: smearing people. If he does win a case, there is a good chance it gets overturned.

He was illegally selected for the job.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
9  Sean Treacy    2 weeks ago

Another example of how the politicized DOJ has lost its integrity and reputation.  Started with holder and his promise to be Obamas wingman and its gotten much worse under Biden  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sean Treacy @9    2 weeks ago

You are 100% right.

The origins of all the politization began with Obama.

Kavika
Professor Principal
10  Kavika     2 weeks ago

The judge will be issuing crying towels to the whiners at the RNC's expense.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
10.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Kavika @10    2 weeks ago

As Stalin did for the Ukrainian farmers.

Hallux
Professor Principal
10.1.1  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @10.1    2 weeks ago
As Stalin did for the Ukrainian farmers.

That's ok ... Putin will finish the job and Jared's pocket will get another 2 billion to play with ... all in the family stuff.

Kavika
Professor Principal
10.1.2  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @10.1    2 weeks ago

[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
11  JohnRussell    2 weeks ago

There have been other seeds with crazy premises and arguments here, but this one is near the top. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
11.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @11    2 weeks ago

Well, let's make it the question of the day:

It is crazy to say that Chutkan interfered in the election?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
11.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @11.1    2 weeks ago

I have already said your premise for the original article is crazy. 

MrFrost
Professor Guide
11.1.2  MrFrost  replied to  Vic Eldred @11.1    2 weeks ago

It is crazy to say that Chutkan interfered in the election?

Um, yes. 

Gsquared
Professor Principal
11.1.3  Gsquared  replied to  Vic Eldred @11.1    2 weeks ago

Yes, totally crazy.

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
12  Nerm_L    2 weeks ago

The only plausible reason for presiding Judge Chutkan to publish the prosecution's brief before the Trump defense team has responded is that Jack Smith does not have a case.  Smith's argument is that Donald Trump, as a private candidate, abused the powers of elected office.  See the problem?

The political question is why Judge Tanya Chutkan has twisted judicial practice and the law to defend an autocratic Federal government.  Judge Chutkan is not defending democracy; she is protecting autocracy.  Why?  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
12.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Nerm_L @12    2 weeks ago

Trump called the governor of Arizona and asked him to stop the certification of that states electors.  The governor then asked Trump to send him evidence of voter fraud, and Trump said he would but never did. Dont you think that if Trump knew of such evidence he would have sent it immediately? 

A private citizen never would have gotten through to the governor in the first place. 

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
12.1.1  Nerm_L  replied to  JohnRussell @12.1    2 weeks ago
Trump called the governor of Arizona and asked him to stop the certification of that states electors.  The governor then asked Trump to send him evidence of voter fraud, and Trump said he would but never did. Dont you think that if Trump knew of such evidence he would have sent it immediately? 

That only highlights that Trump was attempting to utilize legal avenues to challenge the election.  Trump did not use the powers of the Presidency to call out the military, declare martial law, or suspend the Constitution.

A private citizen never would have gotten through to the governor in the first place. 

Does that mean Jack Smith filed a prosecution's brief using a bogus argument?  How is Jack Smith's brief any different than the briefs Trump filed to challenge the election results?

How can any governor certify mail in votes?  In person voting is monitored by election officials to prevent electioneering and interference with voting.  No such safeguards exist for mail in voting.  And there isn't any governor in any state that can certify mail in voting was conducted in accordance with laws prohibiting electioneering and interference.  Democrats have made the bogus argument that certifying elections only require signature verification.

Party representatives are not allowed inside a polling station to influence voting.  Yet that's acceptable for mail in voting?  C'mon man, that's so bogus that there's no way to spin it.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
12.1.2  JohnRussell  replied to  Nerm_L @12.1.1    2 weeks ago

Mail in voting did not begin in 2020.  And there are ways to verify it. But Trump wasnt that concerned with only mail in voting.  There wasnt a single conspiracy theory about the voting in 2020 that he did not embrace and repeat, including that workers were taking bogus ballots from under tables, that no Republicans were allowed to observe the vote count, that Trump votes were dumped in ditches by postal workers, that machines controlled in Italy were diverting Trump votes to Biden votes, and on and on ad nauseum all of it debunked.   He tried to subvert the election, it is as simple as that. 

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
12.1.3  Nerm_L  replied to  JohnRussell @12.1.2    2 weeks ago
Mail in voting did not begin in 2020.

Joe Biden won the 2020 election on mail in votes.  And mail in votes cannot be certified by the same criteria for in person votes.

There wasnt a single conspiracy theory about the voting in 2020 that he did not embrace and repeat, including that workers were taking bogus ballots from under tables, that no Republicans were allowed to observe the vote count, that Trump votes were dumped in ditches by postal workers, that machines controlled in Italy were diverting Trump votes to Biden votes, and on and on ad nauseum all of it debunked.

Trump was elected to challenge the political conventional wisdom and status quo.  Trump utilized legal means to challenge the status quo of election procedures, methods, and authority.  Trump encouraged the voting public to scrutinize how elections are conducted and votes are tallied.  Trump forced some sunshine into those smoke filled backrooms.  

Both parties have pushed the process of voting to the legal limits and, in many cases, may have crossed the Rubicon on trumped up interpretation of law.  There isn't uniformity for how ballots are marked or votes tallied.  And for the 2020 election there wasn't any sort of uniformity for how mail in ballots were distributed, collected, or tallied.  

He tried to subvert the election, it is as simple as that. 

Elections in the United States, particularly Presidential elections, are a mishmash of made-up requirements, an odd mix of voting machines, non-uniform criteria for rejecting ballots, and concerted partisan efforts to circumvent safeguards on the integrity of the election.

The parties are upset because Trump revealed how fucked up voting is in the United States.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
12.1.4  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Nerm_L @12.1.3    2 weeks ago
Joe Biden won the 2020 election

That was all you had to say. Only sad halfwit sore losers would continue to push the lie about some fantasy voter fraud. Trump lost, get over it. Mail in ballots have been used for decades and there is ZERO fucking evidence that mail in ballots are somehow being used to perpetrate ANY widespread voter fraud.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b9525dibfbdql9mbzlqiwc03oc8rxgmnfd3wmh89g3uj&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200w.gif&ct=g

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
12.1.5  JohnRussell  replied to  Nerm_L @12.1.3    2 weeks ago

Boo hoo.  Everything you cite as potential issues with voting existed before 2020, and for that matter before 2016 when Trump first started bitching that he might be robbed.  He also bitched that the Emmy awards were rigged against him when The Apprentice didnt win.  Open your eyes for gods sake.   He plays the victim, constantly, this was just on a much larger scale. 

What conspiracy was there to deprive Trump victory across 8 or 9 states spanning the geographic width and height of the country? He claimed vote fraud from sea to shining sea, and somehow it only occurred in largely minority areas in states he lost. 

Trump jumped all over the Dominion and Smartmatic hoaxes and repeated them mindlessly.  Do you seriously defend this shit? 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
12.2  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Nerm_L @12    2 weeks ago
Smith's argument is that Donald Trump, as a private candidate, abused the powers of elected office.  See the problem?

Don't quite follow. Trump was still PotUS on J6.............not John Q. Public

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
12.2.1  Nerm_L  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @12.2    2 weeks ago
Don't quite follow. Trump was still PotUS on J6.............not John Q. Public

Smith was using the 'private candidate' argument to get around the SCOTUS ruling on Presidential immunity.  Smith charged that Trump, acting as a private candidate who was not immune, abused the powers of office.  Apparently Jack Smith was hoping that Judge Tanya Chutkan would work some sort of judicial magic to make the charges stick.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
12.2.2  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Nerm_L @12.2.1    2 weeks ago

Thanks Nerm. Should have seen that. Possibly the only way it would stick................

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
12.2.3  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Nerm_L @12.2.1    2 weeks ago
Smith was using the 'private candidate' argument to get around the SCOTUS ruling on Presidential immunity.

His argument, which is legally sound, is that at the time, even though he was still President, he was not acting in his capacity as President but that of a candidate for President when he incited the violence on January 6th. And not only that but he should be charged with dereliction of duty since the one part that would have been a Presidents duty would have been to protect the constitution, protect his Vice President and protect the capital from the mob that was violently breaking in, vandalizing and beating capital police. Instead, he did nothing but sit on his hands and watch as he waited to see if the insurrection would be successful and if the certification could be stopped and Pence convinced to accept fake electors and illegally install him as President for another term. Anyone supporting Donald Trump should be ashamed of themselves as they are really no better than traitors to this country and to our constitution.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
12.2.4  JohnRussell  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @12.2.3    2 weeks ago

If Trump has an explanation for his inaction during the riot he should spit it out.  I have seen three times where he has been asked about it on national tv and he dodged the question every time. This is called consciousness of guilt. 

bugsy
Professor Participates
12.2.5  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @12.2.4    2 weeks ago

You have been asked several times what should have Trump done but you refuse to answer.

Do you think those that were rioting keep a constant look at twitter to see if Trump tweets something?

Time to face reality.

Trump did nothing to incite the riot unless you think that "peacefully and patriotically" is incitement.

Apparently, sadly, most on the left believe it does. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
12.2.6  JohnRussell  replied to  bugsy @12.2.5    2 weeks ago
You have been asked several times what should have Trump done but you refuse to answer.

Name one person or governmental entity Trump called in order to stop the riot. One. 

The idea that the president of the United States could only helplessly watch is bizarre and nonsense. 

You know who did call someone to get the National Guard over there?  Mike Pence. 

“Not only did President Trump refuse to tell the mob to leave the Capitol, he placed no call to any element of the United States government to instruct that the Capitol be defended,” said Rep. Liz Cheney, R-Wyo., during the panel’s wide-ranging Thursday night hearing on the event.

“He did not call his secretary of defense on Jan. 6. He did not talk to his Attorney General. He did not talk to the Department of Homeland Security,” Cheney added. “President Trump gave no order to deploy the National Guard that day. And he made no effort to work with the Department of Justice to coordinate and deploy law enforcement assets.”

The statements were backed up with testimony from J oint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Mark Milley , who said that Pence told Pentagon leaders to “get the Guard down here, put down this situation.”

Pence — not Trump — asked Guard troops to help defend Capitol on Jan. 6, panel says (militarytimes.com)

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
12.2.7  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  bugsy @12.2.5    2 weeks ago

As I've said before when you asked the same question, all he had to do was immediately and publicly condemn the violence and ask his supporters to stop. All it would have taken is a single text telling the mob to stop and tell them clearly the attack on the capital was NOT what he wanted or was asking for and that any who thought that's what he had asked for when he told them just hours before to "fight like hell" were mistaken and that he only meant that figuratively and that he supported the peaceful transfer of power and that he accepted his loss.

But of course, that would have been impossible for him, he could never do such a thing because for one, he was waiting to see if they might succeed. He wasn't worried about the safety of the congress or even his own Vice President, he didn't give a shit about anyone but himself that day. And he still hasn't accepted that he lost because he's a massive narcissist with an ego the size of Jupiter but a brain the size of a peanut. And that will be the kind of man Republicans will go down in history as supporting and voting for, a small weak sniveling liar and conman who chose to protect his own ego over protecting the constitution.

bugsy
Professor Participates
12.2.8  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @12.2.6    2 weeks ago

So you can’t answer the question so ai will ask again

What could Trump have done to stop the riot.

MAYBE ASK Nancy why she failed in her position as speaker to activate law enforcement she is responsible for. She herself has said she made a mistake by not doing so.

bugsy
Professor Participates
12.2.9  bugsy  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @12.2.7    2 weeks ago

As I've said before when you asked the same question, all he had to do was immediately and publicly condemn the violence and ask his supporters to stop’

Again…..do you think any of those rioting keep an eye on social media while they were doing what they were doing? It is naive to believe they would see anything Trump may have put out.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
12.2.10  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  bugsy @12.2.9    2 weeks ago
Again…..do you think any of those rioting keep an eye on social media while they were doing what they were doing?

'Just after 1 p.m., when President Trump ended his speech to protesters in   Washington   by calling for them to march on Congress, hundreds of echoing calls to storm the building were made by his supporters online.

On   social media   sites used by the far-right, such as Gab and Parler, directions on which streets to take to avoid the police and which tools to bring to help pry open doors were exchanged in comments. At least a dozen people posted about carrying guns into the halls of Congress.'

At 2:24 p.m., after Mr. Trump tweeted that Mr. Pence “didn’t have the courage to do what should have been done,” dozens of messages on Gab called for those inside the Capitol building to hunt down the vice president . In videos uploaded to the channel, protesters could be heard chanting “Where is Pence?”

merlin_182058801_9cb047d1-20df-49db-90f3-bf74c53fbfa9-articleLarge.jpg?quality=75&auto=webp&disable=upscale

How The Storming of Capitol Hill Was Organized on Social Media - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

Yes, I do think they were closely watching social media and if Trump had tweeted demanding for them to stop, I believe they would have. Instead of calling for them to stop he used social media to essentially encourage them to hunt down the Vice President. Right at that moment, even if late, he had an opportunity to stop the violence, but he didn't, and yet some of his boot lickers continue to defend this disgrace to America and the Presidency which is beyond shameful. I honestly can't understand what would make some people abandon their patriotism and become such corrosive threats to our nation and democracy by defending the indefensible.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
12.2.11  JohnRussell  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @12.2.10    2 weeks ago

We can see from Smith's filing that the actual riot on Jan 6th is a very small portion of his case, yet we have heard for two or three years that there was nothing to all this because the attack on the Capitol wasnt technically an insurrection.  It doesnt matter. 

bugsy
Professor Participates
12.2.12  bugsy  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @12.2.10    2 weeks ago

Well, you tried so I give kudos for that...

You say Trump supporters were on Gab and Parler but then on the bottom of your post you say Trump could have sent something on twitter. 

If he had sent something on twitter, by your own post, most of his supporters would not have seen it because they were on "far right sites". 

Also, your source states that right after 1pm, his supporters were on those sites stating what streets to use and how to avoid the cops. This was before the riots began, so there was no reason for Trump to post anything. 

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
12.2.13  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  bugsy @12.2.12    2 weeks ago
If he had sent something on twitter, by your own post, most of his supporters would not have seen it because they were on "far right sites". 

So, the fact that he did tweet about Mike Pence, as my comment shows, and the crowd did respond after reading his tweets, as my comment details, doesn't make any difference to you and you want to try to claim they would have only seen it if he'd posted on rightwing social media? Nice try and ridiculous deflection. Go ahead and continue to defend the indefensible, it just shows what a monumentally weak argument you're making.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
12.2.14  JohnRussell  replied to  bugsy @12.2.12    2 weeks ago

MAGA thinking. 

bugsy
Professor Participates
12.2.15  bugsy  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @12.2.13    2 weeks ago

What I am saying is his tweets were before the riots had started. Once they started, very few, if any, of the idiot rioters would have seen it. Too busy breaking windows, but not on Trump's orders. If anyone can prove he said "destroy the Capital", then you may have a case, but, alas......

bugsy
Professor Participates
12.2.16  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @12.2.14    2 weeks ago

No

Dismayed thinking

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
13  Dismayed Patriot    2 weeks ago

The real "Abominable Act of Desperation" was Donald Trump inciting an attempted insurrection January 6th. Funny how none of his boot licking sycophants recognize that and now can only scream and howl claiming injustice about any attempts to hold their Dear Leader accountable for his despicable actions.

JumpDrive
Freshman Silent
13.1  JumpDrive  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @13    2 weeks ago

I think a synopsis of the laws broken with explanations is important to show just how abominable Trump's behavior was and would be if he's put back in a position where he could do it all again.

Classified Documents Case:

• Willful Retention of National Defense Information under the Espionage Act (18 U.S.C. § 793): Trump is accused of keeping classified documents related to national security at his Mar-a-Lago estate after leaving office.
  • Conspiracy to Obstruct Justice (18 U.S.C. § 1512): Trump allegedly conspired to obstruct government efforts to retrieve the classified materials.
  • Obstruction of a Federal Investigation (18 U.S.C. § 1519): Trump is accused of obstructing a grand jury and the FBI’s investigation into his handling of classified documents.
  • False Statements (18 U.S.C. § 1001): Trump allegedly made false representations to federal agents during the investigation.

Election Interference Case:

• Conspiracy to Defraud the United States (18 U.S.C. § 371): Trump is accused of conspiring to obstruct the lawful certification of the 2020 election results by making false claims of widespread voter fraud.
  • Obstruction of an Official Proceeding (18 U.S.C. § 1512(c)): This charge relates to the efforts to stop the certification of electoral votes on January 6, 2021.
  • Conspiracy Against Rights (18 U.S.C. § 241): This law is intended to protect the constitutional right to vote and have that vote counted. Trump is charged with conspiring to violate citizens' voting rights by attempting to overturn election results.

JBB
Professor Principal
14  JBB    2 weeks ago

"No Man Is Above The Law" - JBB

Trump engaged in a criminal seditious conspiracy against the United States of America nearly four years ago. I'm not surprised anymore!

Gsquared
Professor Principal
15  Gsquared    2 weeks ago

The trumpists' desire to hide the facts and the truth from the American people reeks of desperation.