╌>

After Oct. 7 attack, why do so many Americans side with terrorists over Israel?

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  krishna  •  2 days ago  •  66 comments

By:   Ingrid Jacques USA TODAY

After Oct. 7 attack, why do so many Americans side with terrorists over Israel?
From the campuses of our most 'esteemed' universities to the streets of our biggest cities, protests have erupted in support of those who committed atrocities against Israel.

Photo: Liam Scott , VOA. Relatives and friends of those kidnapped during the Oct. 7 Hamas cross-border attack in Israel hold photos of their loved ones during a protest calling for their return outside the Knesset, Israel's parliament in Jerusalem, Nov. 6, 2023.

Related: 

1. Hamas and Hezbollah Threaten the U.S.  

American supporters are increasingly open about their allegiances).

2. Opinion: I saw raw footage of Hamas horrors in Israel. These genocidal terrorists must not win.

3. Opinion: Tlaib makes antisemitic comments again. Whitmer's response isn't enough.

4. New Rule: Collective Narcissism | Realtime With Bill Maher (HBO)

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

The past year has been revealing. 

Since Oct. 7, 2023, when Hamas terrorists massacred almost 1,200 innocent people in Israel and   abducted about 250 more , we’ve all learned a lot about the views of our fellow Americans. 

It’s been a rude awakening. 

From the campuses of our most “esteemed” universities to the streets of our biggest cities, protests have erupted in support of those   who committed   those atrocities against Israel – the defender of Western civilization in the Middle East. 

In the days immediately after the attack, student groups at top colleges, including Harvard,   issued statements blaming Israel for what happened to its people. And the students didn’t stop there. They actively stood in support of those who slaughtered women, children and the elderly. 

It was just the beginning. 

Subsequent months brought   increasingly invasive protests and encampments   – and even more blatant displays of antisemitism. Many Jewish students   didn’t feel safe on their own campuses

Pro-Palestinian protesters also have disrupted cities around the country, from   blocking major freeways   to shutting down events   because of threats of violence, all because the United States has maintained its support for Israel to defend itself. 

This doesn’t feel like the America I know.

An alarming pattern of violent events 

The examples keep coming. 

In June, a mob of protesters in New York City   chanted the hateful slogan “long live the intifada”   in front of an exhibit in honor of the more than 300 victims murdered by Hamas terrorists at the Nova music festival on Oct. 7

Then, in July, pro-Palestinian protesters in Washington, D.C.,   burned an American flag and replaced U.S. flags in front of Union Station with Palestinian flags. They also vandalized statues and fountains, according to police. 

Many more protests like this have happened across the United States.

At these demonstrations,   the participants often shout hateful and disgusting things about Israel and Jews , all while praising the terrorists who on Oct. 7 started the war. 

Several high-profile college presidents  have lost their posts as a result , including Liz Magill of the University of Pennsylvania,  Claudine Gay of Harvard  and Minouche Shafik at Columbia.  

It’s not just college kids, however, who have distanced themselves from Israel. A recent poll from  The Economist/YouGov found that by a more than 2 to 1 ratio  (33% to 14%) Democrats sympathize with the Palestinians in the Israel-Hamas war.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Krishna    2 days ago

Since Oct. 7, 2023, when Hamas terrorists massacred almost 1,200 innocent people in Israel and abducted about 250 more, we’ve all learned a lot about the views of our fellow Americans.  It’s been a rude awakening. 

From the campuses of our most “esteemed” universities to the streets of our biggest cities, protests have erupted in support of those who committed those atrocities against Israel – the defender of Western civilization in the Middle East. 

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Krishna @1    2 days ago

Many years ago during my first enlistment in the Navy a grizzled old Chief Petty Officer I worked for gave some sage advice that I have never forgotten which was "Never underestimate the power of human stupidity. The difference between ignorance and stupidity is that ignorant people do not know something is wrong but can be taught otherwise while stupid people know something is wrong and do it anyway.".Those on the college campuses protesting for Hamas and the Palestinians definitely fall under the stupid category.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @1.1    yesterday

I don't think I'm as tolerant as you.  It's not just ignorant and/or stupid people out there, or established antisemites, it's those who have been enabled an "acceptable" opportunity to give vent to their bottled-up kept secret ingrained antisemitism as well,  

Krishna
Professor Expert
2  seeder  Krishna    2 days ago

In the days immediately after the attack, student groups at top colleges, including Harvard,   issued statements blaming Israel for what happened to its people. And the students didn’t stop there. They actively stood in support of those who slaughtered women, children and the elderly. 

It was just the beginning. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @2    yesterday

It didn't happen to them, it happened to Jews so it was acceptable.

Krishna
Professor Expert
3  seeder  Krishna    2 days ago

Subsequent months brought   increasingly invasive protests and encampments   – and even more blatant displays of antisemitism. Many Jewish students   didn’t feel safe on their own campuses 

Pro-Palestinian protesters also have disrupted cities around the country, from   blocking major freeways   to shutting down events   because of threats of violence, all because the United States has maintained its support for Israel to defend itself.

At these demonstrations,   the participants often shout hateful and disgusting things about Israel and Jews , all while praising the terrorists who on Oct. 7 started the war. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @3    yesterday

It absolutely amazes me that the protesters don't understand why the numbers of Palestinian civilians' casualties are as high as they are.  For one thing, if they trust the exaggerated numbers provided by Hamas they are total fools, and the numbers that they DO get to see DO NOT INCLUDE THE NUMBERS OF THE KILLED MONSTER HAMAS MILITANTS.   AND, they don't give a shit about WHY there are so many civilian casualties, because they're too stupid to understand what is really happening, which is as indicated by this image:

Greg Jones
Professor Participates

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Greg Jones @4    7 hours ago

Democratic run state? NY state has the largest number of Jews in the U.S. And of course some go into politics. So they are less likely to “let antisemitism fester”. 

And it’s a “Democratic state”.

BTW I noticed the link you posted for that story. Fox News. Some (unsolicited) advice— if you want actual facts, I would be careful be careful about believing anything you see on Fox ( unless you do a fact check first ).

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
5  Greg Jones    2 days ago

More proof of the depravity of the Hamas killers and yet they condemn Netanyahu.

A Year Ago Today, Terrorists Stole My Son | The Free Press (thefp.com)

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6  JohnRussell    2 days ago

I dont believe that many Americans side with Hamas over Israel. One can, quite easily and logically, be against Hamas and critical of Israel's actions in Gaza. 

What some activist college students chant does not represent the country. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
6.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @6    2 days ago
at some activist college students chant does not represent the country. 

Yet 7 years later, a few dozen torch carriers supposedly represent every Trump supporter. 

Of course, with a Charlottesville a week roiling progressive campuses, somehow it's all good fun now.  Liberal institutions denying Jews access to parts of schools?  Just good faith protesting of Israel! Nothing anti-semitic about that or protesters forcing jewish students to flee from libraries and hide.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @6.1    2 days ago
Yet 7 years later, a few dozen torch carriers supposedly represent every Trump supporter. 

I dont know who has ever said that. Charlottesville was a rally for white supremacist organizations.   If Trump gave a single damn he would have learned that before he opened his stupid ridiculous mouth. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
6.1.2  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1.1    2 days ago
I dont know who has ever said that.

Lol. 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
6.2  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @6    2 days ago

It does prove that those who support Hamas and Hezbollah are much likely to be liberal and live in areas controlled by democrats.

I can't see any reason to be critical of Israel, the Jewish people, or Netanyahu, who are fighting for their very existence.

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.3  seeder  Krishna  replied to  JohnRussell @6    2 days ago
What some activist college students chant does not represent the country. 

So then-- who does represent the country re: the situation in the Mid-East?

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.4  seeder  Krishna  replied to  JohnRussell @6    2 days ago
I dont believe that many Americans side with Hamas over Israel.

I'm not sure which side has the most support of Americans.

But here's something to think about: Even in it heyday, I don't think the majority of Americans supported the KKK either.

But look what they did at the time!

charger 383
Professor Silent
7  charger 383    2 days ago

Since Israel is getting so much criticism they should not hold back at all

Krishna
Professor Expert
7.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  charger 383 @7    yesterday
Since Israel is getting so much criticism they should not hold back at all

You are right. Because regardless of whether or not they hold back-- or continue to agressively wage war-- there are some people who will criticvize whatever they do.

Kavika
Professor Principal
8  Kavika     2 days ago

I feel that the majority of American’s support Israel but are distressed as to the number of civilians including children being killed by Israel and now it has spread to the West Bank and lLebanon. Will the assault remove the various terrorists from this earth. IMO no it will not but attacking Iran might but then you have started WW111 and the US will in the middle of it.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
8.1  Greg Jones  replied to  Kavika @8    2 days ago

If the Hamas and Hezbollah don't care about their civilians, who they use as human shields, in their quest to kill every last Jew, why should anyone else?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Greg Jones @8.1    2 days ago
If the Hamas and Hezbollah don't care about their civilians, who they use as human shields, in their quest to kill every last Jew, why should anyone else?

I dont know, because many of them are innocent human beings? 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
8.1.2  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1.1    2 days ago

So if the south or the Nazis  had sunk to the levels of Hamas and used innocents as human shields to protect  armies, ships, storage depots etc, you believe America  should have stopped fighting and let them win? 

Snuffy
Professor Participates
8.1.3  Snuffy  replied to  Sean Treacy @8.1.2    2 days ago

Good question, bet you don't get an answer however.

It is estimated that 50,000 civilians in the Confederate States died in the American Civil war. 

And how many civilians were killed in the city bombing that was heavily used in both Germany and Japan during the war? Between 25,000 and 35,000 civilians were killed in the fire bombing of Dresden along. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.1.4  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @8.1.2    2 days ago

Gaza is much smaller  (140 sq miles )  than the city of Chicago (240 sq miles) .  

In world war two there were almost no missiles or rockets. The United States lost hundreds of planes and their crews bombing Germany, because Germany had an air force, and or because of effective anti-aircraft fire.  If they warned in advance of their targets it would have been a death sentence for many bomber crews. Nothing like that pertains to Gaza. 

By the time the US started bombing German cities, the Nazis had already conquered most of Europe and had enslaved or murdered millions of people. Somewhat the same can be said for Japan. By the time the US firebombed Tokyo and dropped the atomic bombs , tens of millions of people had died in WW2.  

As horrible as Oct 7th was, it is not at all comparable to the imperatives of WW2. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
8.1.5  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1.4    yesterday

Yes, and Israel is much smaller than the USA, so if you want to be proportionate, the more than 1200 raped, mutilated girls, men decapitated and live babies roasted in ovens, would be similar to 120,000 Americans, and the 250 hostages similar to 25,000 Americans should such an invasion have happened in the USA instead of Israel.  Now, with victims from all over the country some might well have been close to you or known by you, maybe even a loved one.  Now, surely you would want America to retaliate and do whatever it takes to stop the monsters who carried out such atrocities from ever being able to do so again, but the monsters do as Hamas has done, hide themselves and their control centres and weapons in and under hospitals, schools, mosques, UNRWA facilities and refugee centres, and use civilians, women, children as human shields.   So what would your feelings be then?  Should the American forces step back and back off because they might kill a child or an innocent woman?  Would the American forces go in and instead of killing the monsters beg them to please give back the hostages and stop invading America?   I'd like to know. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.1.6  JohnRussell  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @8.1.5    yesterday
and the 250 hostages similar to 25,000 Americans should such an invasion have happened in the USA instead of Israel. 

How would anyone take 25,000 Americans hostage?  Other than as a theoretical exercise it could not be done. 

I am all for Israel avenging Oct 7th, but they didnt need to kill 20 or 30 thousand civilians to do it.  Now its too late to do it right. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
8.1.7  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1.6    yesterday

Okay, then please tell me how Israel would be able to eradicate Hamas, or effectively prevent them from repeating Oct 7 or just plain continue lobbing missiles and rockets and incendiary kites and balloons into Israel once and for all.  Please tell me who would feel safe living in their own nation in their own home unless that can be stopped, but as I asked, would just begging Hamas to stop make them stop?  What is happening is NOT "revenge", it is an effort to end the ability of Hamas to touch Israel and its citizens ever again, and Israel is forced by the methods used by Hamas to do what it has to do to accomplish as close to that end as it possibly can. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.1.8  JohnRussell  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @8.1.7    yesterday

Israel could eliminate dozens of Hezbolla leaders and even take out people in Iran and they could not target Hamas leaders in a more precise way? I dont believe it. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
8.1.9  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1.6    yesterday

What I think bothers me more than the numbers, because they were intended by Hamas just proved that Hamas' psychological propaganda technique Iran trained them to win the support of the bleeding hearts around the world has worked for them, even to the extent of winning the hearts of some NT members.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
8.1.10  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1.8    yesterday
"I dont believe it."

Well, maybe you're not an expert in warfare.  Israel has been praised for being more careful about not harming innocents than any army in history, but they could not possibly win, nor could ANY army, against Hamas because of what I've said over and over again what Hamas does to protect itself.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
8.1.11  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1.6    yesterday
"How would anyone take 25,000 Americans hostage?  Other than as a theoretical exercise it could not be done." 

Yes, it is a theoretical exercise, so instead of hiding behind answering a question with a question, what would be the theoretical answer?  What should the American forces do to eradicate such a monstrous declared terrorist army that would use Hamas' techniques to hide and would damn well do it again and again if it could not be totally stopped?  I guess I can't expect a straight answer.   Maybe SOMEONE will give me a straight answer.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
8.1.12  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1.8    yesterday
"Israel could eliminate dozens of Hezbolla leaders and even take out people in Iran and they could not target Hamas leaders in a more precise way? I dont believe it." 

Yes, you are absolutely right.  Good idea.  And how long do you think it would take to completely take out the enemy one at a time?  A thousand years perhaps?  

Kavika
Professor Principal
8.1.13  Kavika   replied to  Greg Jones @8.1    yesterday

Because they are humans

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
8.1.14  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1.6    22 hours ago
"Now its too late to do it right." 

How would you define "doing it right"?  The answer is, you can't.

Krishna
Professor Expert
8.1.15  seeder  Krishna  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1.4    7 hours ago

Yes Gaza is smaller than Chicago— but their music’s not nearly as good! 😊 

Krishna
Professor Expert
8.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Kavika @8    2 days ago
I feel that the majority of American’s support Israel but are distressed as to the number of civilians including children being killed by Israel and now it has spread to the West Bank and lLebanon. Will the assault remove the various terrorists from this earth. IMO no it will not but attacking Iran might but then you have started WW111 and the US will in the middle of it.

Both Israel and Iran have reasons why they want to "talk tough". But Iran does not want a major war with Israel-- and most Israelis don't want a major war with Iran!

JBB
Professor Principal
8.2.1  JBB  replied to  Krishna @8.2    2 days ago

Who is advocating for a major war between Iran and Israel?

Krishna
Professor Expert
8.2.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  JBB @8.2.1    2 days ago

Most Israelis don't. The long standing cease fire was broken by Hamas a year ago-- since then Israel has been fighting a war with a neighbouring country ("Hamastan" AKA Gaza). Like any country there are extremist crazies-- but most Israelis are tired of war and want peace.

The Iranian government, while it is ruled by extremist religious nutcases, doesn't want war with Israel-- the last thing they need is to be fighting a two front war!

Hamas would love to see a war between israel and Iran. Actually I think Hizb'Allah would love to see Iran go to war with israel.

Krishna
Professor Expert
8.2.3  seeder  Krishna  replied to  JBB @8.2.1    2 days ago

And now that I think of it, probably some of the more radical students who have been demonstrating on college campuses....

Krishna
Professor Expert
8.2.4  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @8.2.2    2 days ago
The Iranian government, while it is ruled by extremist religious nutcases, doesn't want war with Israel-- the last thing they need is to be fighting a two front war!

If Iran fights a war with Israel-- the "second front""wouldbe the war they are fighting with many of their own citizens! Their so-called "moraltiy police" patrol the country-- if the find a woman who they think is not properly "covered up" they throw tham in jail-- and usually torture them!

But the democratic resistance to iranian's totalitarian theorcratic governement is growing...

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
8.2.5  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @8.2.4    yesterday
"But the democratic resistance to iranian's totalitarian theorcratic governement is growing..."

Not enough to overcome the Revolutionary Guard.  

Krishna
Professor Expert
8.2.6  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @8.2.5    8 hours ago

The democratic opposition to the regime in Iran is not powerful enough now. But it could change over time . . .

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
8.2.7  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @8.2.6    8 hours ago
"The democratic opposition to the regime in Iran is not powerful enough now. But it could change over time . . "

For the sake of the survival of life on this planet, let's hope so. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
8.3  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Kavika @8    2 days ago
I feel that the majority of American’s support Israel but are distressed as to the number of civilians including children being killed by Israel and now it has spread to the West Bank and lLebanon. Will the assault remove the various terrorists from this earth. IMO no it will not

Of course it won't remove them all. But there's a good chance they can weaken them to the point that groups like Hamas are mainly powerless to harm Israel.

In terms of attacking Iran directly, that would be a mistake. (Almost all the attacks on Israel have not come from iran, but rather from hamas (in Gaza) and hezb;Allah in lebanon. (H. is a proxy for iran but they are not iran-- in fact they are a crazy sect who are actually lebanese.)

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
8.3.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @8.3    yesterday
"...they can weaken them to the point that groups like Hamas are mainly powerless to harm Israel."

But just as America is unable to stop the gun deaths, Israel will never be able to stop the infiltrators who will carry out attacks such as suicide bombings.  As long as the Koran commands Muslims to fight and kill Jews, and as long as the Imams preach to their flocks the The Day of Judgment will not come until they have fought and killed the Jews it will never end.  I have posted proof of that before and if required I will do it again.   Israel is surrounded by Muslim nations, and there are Muslim Israeli citizens. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
8.3.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @8.3.1    yesterday
Israel is surrounded by Muslim nations,

True. Israel is surrounded by Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, and Egypt. (Lebanon used to be a majority Christian nation-- indigenous Christians who were there well before Islam was even invented)) but many were slaughtered in Lebanon's civil wars-- and many emmigrated to other countries. 

Currently there are 20 or so Arab nations (all almost entirely Muslim populations), but including non-Arab Muslims nation-- there are over 50 Muslim nations.

(Turkey and Iran are Muslim countries but ethnically they are not Arabs-- Iran is Muslim, but they are Persians not Arabs).

Krishna
Professor Expert
8.3.3  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @8.3.2    yesterday
Currently there are 20 or so Arab nations (all almost entirely Muslim populations), but including non-Arab Muslims nation-- there are over 50 Muslim nations. (Turkey and Iran are Muslim countries but ethnically they are not Arabs-- Iran is Muslim, but they are Persians not Arabs).

This map shows Israel and the Arab nations (Israel is shown in dark Purple).

(This only shows the Arab nations-- it does not show all the other Muslim (but non Arab) nations such as Turkey, Iran, Pakistan, Indonesia, Albania, Chechnya, Uzbekistan, etc, etc).

Krishna
Professor Expert
8.3.4  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @8.3.2    yesterday
True. Israel is surrounded by Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, and Egypt. (Lebanon used to be a majority Christian nation-- indigenous Christians who were there well before Islam was even invented)) but many were slaughtered in Lebanon's civil wars-- and many emmigrated to other countries. 

Many people are familiar with St. Jude's Children's Hospital. I think they are doing wonderful work. Well, it was founded by a Lebanese immigrant-- Danny Thomas!  (A Lebanese Christian). 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
8.3.5  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @8.3.2    yesterday
"Israel is surrounded by Muslim nations,
True. Israel is surrounded by Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, and Egypt."

Yes, and although they are not nations, what about the West Bank and Gaza?

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
8.3.6  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Krishna @8.3.3    yesterday
This map shows Israel and the Arab nations (Israel is shown in dark Purple).

I saw a similar map.  The quote on the map was "Israel, shaded purple, and the countries Israel has "oppressed" highlighted in yellow".

Krishna
Professor Expert
8.3.7  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @8.3.5    15 hours ago
Gaza?

Technically speaking Gaza is not a nation. Nor it occupied.

But since the Arabs there have total self rule IMO Gaza is a (de facto) nation that could be called "Palestine".

In fact, several countries recognize that "Palestine" is already an independent nation (although ironically the Palestinians themselves are pretending they don't have self rule).

Krishna
Professor Expert
8.3.8  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @8.3.7    15 hours ago
Gaza?
Technically speaking Gaza is not a nation. Nor it occupied.
But since the Arabs there have total self rule IMO Gaza is a (de facto) nation that should be called "Palestine".

In fact, several countries recognize that "Palestine" is already an independent nation (although ironically the Palestinians themselves are pretending they don't have self rule).

Palestine is ruled by Palestinians. In fact, many countries already recognize the country of Palestine:

As of June 2024, the State of Palestine is recognized as a sovereign state by 146 of the 193 member states of the United Nations, or just over 75% of all UN members. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
8.3.9  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @8.3.5    15 hours ago
Yes, and although they are not nations, what about the West Bank and Gaza?

Gaza is independent (the Egyptian occupation was followed by the Israeli occupation.) But after the  Israeli occupation then  ended (that was about 20 years ago!) Gaza has had self rule, i.e. they are an independent country.

They just want to pretend that they don't have self rule in Gaza, in order to get gullible people to believe they are still officially under occupation.. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
8.3.10  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @8.3.8    13 hours ago
"As of June 2024, the State of Palestine is recognized as a sovereign state by 146 of the 193 member states of the United Nations, or just over 75% of all UN members." 

Besides its outspoken obvious antisemitism, its complicity in aiding Palestinians to hate and attack Israel and defend Hamas, that is ONE of the reasons why the Manhattan UN building should be bulldozed into the East River.

Krishna
Professor Expert
8.4  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Kavika @8    yesterday
I feel that the majority of American’s support Israel

I don't think that's true.

One reason? Well you saw the massive anti-Israel demonstrations-- on college campuses-- blocking traffic (supposedly to support "Palestine").

And there were a few , rather small, "pro-israel" demonstrations. Very few..

If the majority of Americans supported Israel--- why were those demonstrations so small compared to the pro-"Palestine demonstrations?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
8.4.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @8.4    yesterday
"If the majority of Americans supported Israel--- why were those demonstrations so small compared to the pro-"Palestine demonstrations?"

I ventured an explanation above.

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
8.4.2  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Krishna @8.4    yesterday
If the majority of Americans supported Israel--- why were those demonstrations so small compared to the pro-"Palestine demonstrations?

Who knew that US college students and Hamas shared so many progressive ideals.

Kavika
Professor Principal
8.4.3  Kavika   replied to  Krishna @8.4    yesterday

Collage students demonstrating vs the general public not demonstrating in support, good question.

perhaps students are more willing to support an group/organaztion without understanding fully what they are supporting,

JBB
Professor Principal
8.4.4  JBB  replied to  Krishna @8.4    23 hours ago

You should not equate peace demonstrations with pro-Palestinian!

George
Junior Expert
8.4.5  George  replied to  JBB @8.4.4    23 hours ago

As soon as the HAMAS wing of the democrat party has one, we will recognize it for what it is, so far pro terrorist is what we have seen.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
8.4.6  Greg Jones  replied to  JBB @8.4.4    22 hours ago

They're not peace demonstrators, they are radical leftists demanding the slaughter of Jews.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
8.4.7  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Krishna @8.4    21 hours ago

My guess would be due to the pro-Israel gatherings didn't cause damage or threaten anybody like the pro-terrorist gatherings have.  

Krishna
Professor Expert
8.4.8  seeder  Krishna  replied to  JBB @8.4.4    15 hours ago
You should not equate peace demonstrations with pro-Palestinian!

If you are attempting to quote me, please do it accurately-- thank you! jrSmiley_2_smiley_image.png

I'm not equating the two-- au contraire. mon petit chou! 

Years ago I've seen many peace demonstrations-- linked to a specific cause. (For example, protestors demonstrating for peace in Viet-Nam). In fact I participated in many of those myself.

Recently I've seen many, many peace demonstrations-- every one was alledgedly for peace in the Israel vs Hamas war. 

But they weren't chanting about the concept of peace in general-- they were carrying palestinian flags and chanting things such as 

Palestine shall be free!  etc

None of these were generalized demonstrations for "Peace on earth"-- they were all pro-Palestinian! 

Krishna
Professor Expert
8.4.9  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @8.4.8    15 hours ago
every one was alledgedly for peace in the Israel vs Hamas war.

Well, actually one exception-- some were not related to peace in general-- nor even peace in the Middle East-- not for Palestine. Rather there were a few I saw onTV or videos of labour-management disputes. Stikes and/or demsands made by protesting union members.

Krishna
Professor Expert
8.4.10  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Kavika @8.4.3    15 hours ago
perhaps students are more willing to support an group/organaztion without understanding fully what they are supporting,

I think that's true for most of them-- probably almost all.

For example the chant

From the river to the sea is genocidal? Why?

Because the land from the river to the sea is Israel-- that chant obviously means getting rid of the Jews there and having Muslims take over.