╌>

Biden breaks from Harris, praises DeSantis

Category:  Op/Ed

By:  vic-eldred  •  one week ago  •  33 comments

Biden breaks from Harris, praises DeSantis
"The governor of Florida has been cooperative. He said he’s gotten all that he needs. I talked to him again yesterday, and I said – no – you're doing a great job, it's all being done well and we thank you for it," Biden said at a press conference from the White House Tuesday. "There was a rough start in some places, but every governor, every governor – from Florida to North Carolina – has been fully cooperative and supportive.".... Joe Biden

Link to quote: Biden undermines Harris claim that Ron DeSantis is politicizing hurricane response: 'Doing a great job' (yahoo.com)

As Hurricane Milton bears down on Florida, Kamala Harris decided to pick a fight with Gov Ron DeSantis, who is busy trying to save the lives of Floridians. As DeSantis prepares the state for what may be the biggest hurricane to ever hit the state, Harris is out trashing him for not taking a phone call he never received. As Harris alleges her phone call wasn't taken on the partisan tv show known as the View , Joe Biden undermined Harris claims and was heaping praise on Gov DeSantis.

Meanwhile Kamals Harris hasn't offered any help to any state already hit by hurricane Helene. Instead, she has been on the campaign trail raising money. Throughout her campaigning, Joe Biden has been noticeably absent. The idea was to distance herself from the Biden failures. That also backfired when Kamala was asked by members of the View what she would do differently than Biden had done in his term as president. She replied she couldn't think of anything she would have done different.

Harris began the week with her 60 Minutes interview. Here is how that went:

We now know that Harris word salads were edited from the interview and the fact that CBS edited out Kamala's incoherent response and replaced it with what now appears to be a response to an entirely different question should mark the end of 60 Minutes as a legitimate news show.

The Harris campaign is in trouble, and they seem to know it.

In the news:

09themorning-nl-milton-fghq-jumbo.jpg
Debris from Hurricane Helene on Pass-A-Grille beach near St. Petersburg, Fla.  Zack Wittman for The New York Times

Florida officials urged more than 5 million residents to evacuate as Hurricane Milton neared. Cars clogged highways and gas stations ran empty. Milton regained its Category 5 strength, with sustained winds of 160 m.p.h. The storm, the strongest in the Gulf of Mexico in almost two decades, is expected to make landfall late today or early tomorrow.

Israel sent more troops into southern Lebanon, a sign that it could be intensifying its ground operation. Meanwhile the WSJ reports that Hamas’s leader, Yahya Sinwar, has revived the use of suicide bombers.

Brazil lifted its ban on X.

The F.B.I. arrested an Afghan citizen in Oklahoma City, accusing him of planning a terrorist attack on election day in the US.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  author  Vic Eldred    one week ago

Breaking news to follow.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2  Jeremy Retired in NC    one week ago
Meanwhile Kamals Harris hasn't offered any help to any state already hit by hurricane Helene. 

The Harris campaign propaganda in my area tell us she supposedly has.  But nobody can say where or how.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2    one week ago

[]

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.1.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1    6 days ago

Just another day ending in "Y" for the democrats and the left.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3  author  Vic Eldred    6 days ago

Good morning.

Boston Baseball fans remember one of their best pitchers this morning.

anaheim-ca-luis-tiant-of-the-boston-red-sox-in-a-oldtimers-game-played-at-the-big-a-circa.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=JCc4RIjRtVDr2m5rjNDKPzOk6quwv6ZsJ2QDfXhAcWg=

Luis Tiant was one of baseball’s most memorable pitchers, throwing 187 complete games and 49 shutouts. But his career separated him from his family and from his homeland, Cuba.

He died at the age of 83.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4  author  Vic Eldred    6 days ago

Kamala Harris cracked open a Miller High Life with “The Late Show” host Stephen Colbert:

“I’m going to tell you what some of the people in my rallies—quite a few people show up, by the way—you know, when you lost millions of jobs, you lost manufacturing, you lost automotive plants, you lost the election. What does that make you? A loser. This is what somebody at my rallies said,” Harris said. “I thought it was funny.”

“This is what happens when I drink beer,” she said, jokingly.

Kamala Harris shares a Miller High Life with Stephen Colbert (thehill.com)

This was part of the media blitz the Harris campaign hopes to save Harris with.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
4.1  Split Personality  replied to  Vic Eldred @4    6 days ago

It got Kavanaugh approved by the Senate... 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5  author  Vic Eldred    6 days ago

Karine Jean-Pierre had an impossible task explaining why Kamala and Biden can send billions to Lebanon, but don't have enough to fund disaster assistance in North Carolina.

She eventually gets mad and walks out of the room.

And where the hell did she get that suit?

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Vic Eldred @5    6 days ago

Instead of sitting back and accepting the lie, he rightly called her out on her bullshit.  She threw the expected childish temper tantrum.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @5.1    6 days ago

Joe is finally going to get her off the hot seat. He is making her Chief of Staff for the final 4 months, before her hair turns white.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.1.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.1    6 days ago

Do you think she could do any more damage than what's already been done?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @5.1.2    6 days ago

No, I think the country has been put through the ringer. The status of press secretary to the president has been permanently tainted along with everything else the left touches. All that is left is for the American people to throw them out.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.4  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.3    6 days ago

At any rate congrats to the new senior advisor:

GZTMqZFWwAAW2qi?format=jpg&name=small

bugsy
Professor Participates
5.1.5  bugsy  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.4    6 days ago

If you thought Biden couldn't get any dumber........

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.6  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  bugsy @5.1.5    6 days ago

It's only a few more months and they'll all be out of office.

In the meantime, we have to brace ourselves for the desperate move the democrats will likely make before the election.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
5.2  Split Personality  replied to  Vic Eldred @5    6 days ago
She eventually gets mad and walks out of the room.

because Doocy and others ignore the fact Congress did this, not Biden.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
6  Greg Jones    6 days ago

"She replied she couldn't think of anything she would have done different."

Ay, but therein lies the rub for the democrats. Not only has she doubled down on Biden's progressive agenda, but her hard left history and views ae even more extreme. No one is being fooled by her flip-flops on so many issues.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Greg Jones @6    6 days ago

All that work trying to present her as "the change candidate" now gone up in smoke with one simple answer.

We're watching a candidate collapse in realtime

JBB
Professor Principal
6.1.1  JBB  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1    6 days ago

Why then is Harris surging ahead in the polls?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JBB @6.1.1    6 days ago

I direct your attention to:

A few on the left already get it.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.3  Tessylo  replied to  JBB @6.1.1    6 days ago

Some folks are really, really desperate!  Such a joy to see. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.4  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1    6 days ago

[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7  author  Vic Eldred    6 days ago

Howard Stern's first question to Kamala: "Do you nap at all?" 

Second question was if she liked the Prince soundtrack for the first Michael Keaton Batman movie that came out 35 years ago.

Can Stern be as ignorant as he looks?

JBB
Professor Principal
7.1  JBB  replied to  Vic Eldred @7    6 days ago

Stern's audience is primarily working class white men...

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JBB @7.1    6 days ago

Working class white men don't vote on something as frivolous as that silly non-substance interview.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @7.1.1    6 days ago

[]

Split Personality
Professor Guide
7.1.3  Split Personality  replied to  Vic Eldred @7.1.1    6 days ago

You're not a working class white man?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8  author  Vic Eldred    6 days ago

Colbert: “Under a Harris admin, what would the major changes be and what would stay the same?”

Harris: “I’m not Joe Biden so that would be one change…also I’m not Donald Trump.”

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9  author  Vic Eldred    6 days ago

Kamala Harris will unveil the first-ever proposal to have Medicare pay for home health care costs. She just thought of it a few days ago, probably right after her campaign manager told her they were going to get their ass kicked.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
10  author  Vic Eldred    6 days ago

Joe Biden: "Tonight, I spoke with Florida Governor DeSantis and Tampa Mayor Castor for firsthand reports on Hurricane Helene recovery and preparations for Hurricane Milton. My Administration is ready to support both leaders and the people of Florida with any further resources they may need."

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
11  author  Vic Eldred    6 days ago

GZal-ndXwAAJX8n?format=jpg&name=small

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
12  JohnRussell    6 days ago
Florida officials urged more than 5 million residents to evacuate as Hurricane Milton neared. Cars clogged highways and gas stations ran empty. Milton regained its Category 5 strength, with sustained winds of 160 m.p.h. The storm, the strongest in the Gulf of Mexico in almost two decades, is expected to make landfall late today or early tomorrow.

Do you actually think anyone uses your column as a news source ? 

Kavika
Professor Principal
12.1  Kavika   replied to  JohnRussell @12    6 days ago

A news source? No but a “mini Fox News” for sure with the Opinion Page aka comic strips being the best part.