╌>

Electoral College Map Projector Flips All Battleground States to Donald Trump

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  robert-in-ohio  •  3 days ago  •  154 comments

By:   Martha McHardy

Electoral College Map Projector Flips All Battleground States to Donald Trump
"President Trump is out working Kamala Harris, and voters know America can no longer survive under Kamala's destructive policies of soaring inflation, an out-of-control border, and rampant crime terrorizing every community," Trump campaign spokesperson Steven Cheung told Newsweek.

Newsweek is usually a fairly reliable source of information.

I never expected to see this headline the way the campaign has seemed to be going in Harris favor of late.

I know polls are like asses and everybody has one, but this one grabbed my eye.

I am planning to vote for Jill Stein - a wasted vote in the view of some and supporting an election spoiler possibility in the view of others, but most importantly in my view a vote I can stomach.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Former President Donald Trump is winning in every battleground state, according to a new Electoral College map projection.

RealClearPolitics' polling tracker shows that, with no toss-up states, Trump is set to claim all seven swing states. It comes after Wisconsin, which Vice President   Kamala Harris   had previously been leading since the beginning of August, flipped   Republican , with the former president now 0.1 points ahead.

Michigan, Nevada and Pennsylvania also flipped in favor of Trump in the past two weeks, with the former president 0.5 points ahead in Nevada and Pennsylvania and 0.9 points ahead in Michigan, per the tracker.

Trump had already been in the lead in Arizona, Georgia and North Carolina since at least September. He is currently between 0.9 and 1.4 points ahead in all three of these states.

The former president's lead in the battleground states means the pollster is now forecasting that the former president will win the election with 312 Electoral College votes to Harris's 226.

"President Trump is out working Kamala Harris, and voters know America can no longer survive under Kamala's destructive policies of soaring inflation, an out-of-control border, and rampant crime terrorizing every community," Trump campaign spokesperson Steven Cheung told   Newsweek .

Newsweek   has contacted the Harris campaign for comment.

The vice president is still predicted to win in Nebraska's second district, where she is 9 points ahead. Nebraska is one of two states (including Maine) that does not use the "winner-takes-all" system for awarding its five Electoral College votes. Two votes are awarded to the winner of the statewide popular vote, while one vote is awarded to the winner in each of Nebraska's three congressional districts.

It comes amid   a positive month for Trump   in the polls. A   recent Fox News poll , conducted from October 11 to 14 among 1,110 registered voters and 870 likely voters, showed   Trump   leading Harris by 2 points, with Trump at 50 percent and Harris at 48 percent. This marked a 4-point swing from September when Harris was ahead by 2 points.

Similarly, an ActiVote poll from early October showed Trump with a 1.2-point lead nationally, a reversal from September when Harris held a 5.4-point advantage.

rump has also gained   ground in key swing states . A Fabrizio/McLaughlin poll from October 9 showed the former president leading in each of the seven swing states. Meanwhile, a Redfield and Wilton Strategies poll conducted between October 12 and 14 showed that Harris has lost her lead in two swing states—Michigan and Nevada—which are now tied. Trump has widened his leads in Florida, from 4 points to 6 points, and Arizona, from 1 point to 2 points, in the same poll. However, in Georgia and Pennsylvania the former president has lost the 1- and 2-point leads he had held in a previous Redfield and Wilton Strategies poll.

However, FiveThirtyEight's forecast, as well as   Nate Silver 's forecast, still show that Harris is ahead and expected to win in Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Michigan and Nevada, which would get her over the 270 Electoral College votes needed to win.

Harris needs 44 electoral votes from toss-up states to secure victory, while Trump would require 51.

Nonetheless, FiveThirtyEight's poll tracker shows that Harris' vote share is declining in Nevada, Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin, while Trump's vote share has grown marginally in Arizona and Georgia since the beginning of October. In North Carolina, Trump's lead has narrowed from 0.7 points to 0.5 points.

In a recent newsletter, Silver described the race as "razor-thin," writing: "Recent polls show a virtual tie in key Midwestern battlegrounds, making it a true 50/50 contest."

According to FiveThirtyEight, Harris leads Trump by 2.4 points nationally, while Silver's tracker has her ahead by 2.5 points.

Red Box Rules

Talk about the information presented in the article

If you must be crude and denigrate someone. let it be Harris or Trump not each other

The discussion is not about who I am voting for, but if you must divert conversation of the information presented no one can stop you

Be civil above all else

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Robert in Ohio
Professor Guide
1  seeder  Robert in Ohio    3 days ago

I have seen so much about how Harris is getting stronger and stronger, I never thought I would see such a prediction from Newsweek this late in the game.

It seems like turnout is going to be huge - that usually favors the democrats, but just sound my neck of the woods I have heard people talking about voting for the first time in decades and many of them are staunch Trump supporters.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  Robert in Ohio @1    3 days ago
have seen so much about how Harris is getting stronger and stronger, I never thought I would see such a prediction from Newsweek this late in the game.

The Vane/Walz debate started the polls moving in the other direction and the panic from the left has gotten increasingly shrill. 

Robert in Ohio
Professor Guide
2  seeder  Robert in Ohio    3 days ago

I want the campaigning to be over, the election held and results accepted by the country.

I am tired of the campaign lies being slung from the right and the left and an inability to escape the bullshit 9in the mailbox, on the neighbor's lawn, on television, on the radio and on the lips of people who very little about anything talking as if they know everything about everything.

"My President" will be whoever wins the electoral college.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Robert in Ohio @2    3 days ago

You are who we said you are. 

Robert in Ohio
Professor Guide
2.1.1  seeder  Robert in Ohio  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1    3 days ago
You are who we said you are. 

As are you John - that is a ridiculous comment

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.2  JohnRussell  replied to  Robert in Ohio @2    3 days ago

You create a pretense that Trump and Harris, (or Trump and any sane candidate) are similar, and yes words can be bent and twisted to express that fallacy and fantasy. But that would be wrong. 

Trump will be "my president" to you.  Wonderful.  When the shit hits the fan we will know who to blame. 

Robert in Ohio
Professor Guide
2.2.1  seeder  Robert in Ohio  replied to  JohnRussell @2.2    3 days ago

Trump will be "my president" to you.

If he wins and Kamala will be "my president" is she wins.

That is how it works i n the U.S. in case you have forgotten.

A lot of liberals (probably including you ran around yelling "Not my President" when Trump was elected just as Republicans ran around screaming not my president when Obama and Biden were elected.

My president is the one that wins the electoral college

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.2.2  JohnRussell  replied to  Robert in Ohio @2.2.1    3 days ago

I'll eat a bucket of hot charcoal before I ever say Trump is my president. Not gonna happen ever. 

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.2.3  Split Personality  replied to  Robert in Ohio @2.2.1    3 days ago

Which presents a legal issue for Stein.

Should she perhaps win enough votes to get an Elector for the EC, most states have no Green Party office holders to appoint an elector.  Then What?

Just another argument that you might as well skip the subterfuge, Stein has admitted that she put Trump in office once and intends to do so again, 

all while championing the cause of Gazza.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2.2.4  Sean Treacy  replied to  Split Personality @2.2.3    3 days ago
, most states have no Green Party office holders to appoint an elector.  Then What?

Why would that matter? 

CB
Professor Principal
2.2.5  CB  replied to  Robert in Ohio @2.2.1    3 days ago

My president is not a consummate suspect, crook, liar, cheat, or thief! Granted, I will have little choice (as I am only one individual or several in a group), but to abide the years of office of such a 'one,' but let me be clear, policies that divide, injury, oppress, and ostracize tax-paying citizens. . .that guy or gal in office will NOT have done in my name. I want a president who does RIGHT BY ALL THE PEOPLE as my choice of president. Realistically, there will be some policies that I won't like because of the 'wants' of the other side when it is their 'turn' to ask of the leadership. But, I will not, ever, support policies that abuse/oppress/dishonest with the public.

"My president" is not one that is a corrupting influence on me, the public, or children.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
2.3  Snuffy  replied to  Robert in Ohio @2    3 days ago

I agree with you, really can't wait for this shit show to be over. 

But post 2.1 shows you what the underlying issue is. If you're not burning Trump in effigy then you must be a Trump supporter. That's all some people can see.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.3.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Snuffy @2.3    3 days ago

When 95% of someone's negative comments are about Harris, or Biden, in this election they are Trump supporters. 

When someone says they cant stand Harris or Trump and all of their effort is directed to attacking Harris or the Democrats, who the hell do they think they are fooling? And if the shoe fits wear it. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.4  Krishna  replied to  Robert in Ohio @2    3 days ago
I want the campaigning to be over, the election held and results accepted by the country.

The first two will happy pretty soon.

Accepting the results?

No way the MAGA will accept the results (unless Trumps wins).

If Trump losesof course-- no matter what the margin of loss-- most of the MAGA crowd willnever accept the results!

(And of course if he loses, there'sa a strong possibility there will violence...)

CB
Professor Principal
2.4.1  CB  replied to  Krishna @2.4    3 days ago
(And of course if he loses, there'sa a strong possibility there will violence...)

And of course, the 'retribution' Crooked Donald to give others can be served up to his 'squads'! No more of his nonsense. We don't belong to Crooked Donald and it is time to make him. . . and his trumpists understand! For the love of whatever, GOP come take back your party (all damn ready)!

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.4.2  Split Personality  replied to  Krishna @2.4    3 days ago

4 more years indeed of Trump whining and name calling.

JBB
Professor Principal
3  JBB    3 days ago

"Yes, Darth Vader is from the dark side and he blew up a whole planet, but Princess Leah is just a girl and we can't decide if she is really qualified"...

Robert in Ohio
Professor Guide
3.1  seeder  Robert in Ohio  replied to  JBB @3    3 days ago

jbb

Not sure what the hell that means in the context of this article, but thanks for sharing

JBB
Professor Principal
3.1.1  JBB  replied to  Robert in Ohio @3.1    3 days ago

Okay, then let me help you understand...

original original

Robert in Ohio
Professor Guide
3.1.2  seeder  Robert in Ohio  replied to  JBB @3.1.1    3 days ago

A meme, how quaint thanks for sharing

But consider, 

Godwin’s Law. This adage suggests that as an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Hitler or the Nazis approaches 1. The idea is that invoking such extreme comparisons often signals the end of a rational argument.

(from Bing AI)

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
3.1.3  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JBB @3.1.1    3 days ago

Tell us how Hitler came to power and how that's relative today.

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
3.1.4  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JBB @3.1.1    3 days ago

[deleted][]

Gsquared
Professor Principal
3.1.5  Gsquared  replied to  Robert in Ohio @3.1.2    3 days ago

According to MIke Godwin, "If you think the comparison is valid, and you’ve given it some thought, do it."  

Thus giving the lie to the facile argument that according to Godwin any comparison to Hitler automatically signals the end of a rational argument.

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
3.1.6  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Gsquared @3.1.5    3 days ago

[deleted][]

Gsquared
Professor Principal
3.1.7  Gsquared  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @3.1.3    3 days ago

Suggested preliminary reading:

The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich by William L. Shirer

The Coming of the Third Reich by Richard J. Evans

The Road to Unfreedom by Timothy Snyder

On Tyranny by Timothy Snyder

Once you have gained a basic understanding of the pertinent history from the first two suggested readings, in conjuction with Prof. Snyder's excellent works, you will hopefully be able to follow discussions about the authoritarian risk posed by Trump. 

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
3.1.8  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Gsquared @3.1.7    3 days ago

[deleted][]

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
3.1.9  afrayedknot  replied to  Gsquared @3.1.7    3 days ago

“…about the authoritarian risk posed by Trump.”

One only need heed his words…and though lying is his modus operandi, in this we can be certain…it is not difficult nor disputable to understand his intentions.

We are at a tipping point and to cede our rights, our freedoms, our birthright for one who cannot, will not, uphold those values is contributing to our potential downfall. 

Gsquared
Professor Principal
3.1.10  Gsquared  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @3.1.8    3 days ago

That is a fucking ridiculous comment.  I directed to you excellent sources that will provide you the information you need.  It would takes days on here to write an appropriate account of the history.  If you're not really interested in knowing, then that is on you.

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
3.1.11  afrayedknot  replied to  Gsquared @3.1.10    3 days ago

”…then that is on you.”

Sadly, some seem content in their imaginary role as a gatekeeper while simply being only contradictory…on any topic on any point. 

Emphasis on simply. 

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
3.1.12  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Gsquared @3.1.10    3 days ago
That is a fucking ridiculous comment.

Not at all. I’ve read the Shirer book and lived in Germany for over 9 years. [deleted][]

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.13  CB  replied to  Robert in Ohio @3.1    3 days ago

It means Darth Vader is the biggest SOB that destroys all life on a planet and apparently he has the support-group to do so 'manning' things; while Princess Leah in the eyes of some is just a (lowly) girl who aspired to make that same world better. But, alas, soon there will be no hope of that happening.

Enjoy the new Trump world 2025!  /s

I will not forget or forgive trumpists and 'wannabes' that helped make this country go backward. Despite all the warnings laid out plainly. 

Jill Stein is full of shit. She knows that (a grifter) and more to the point she knows we know it.  She is a Putin plant, too. It is shocking how weird the Right has become. As it stands right now, I could never vote for any 'spoiler' in a third party of any kind. Yes, that includes Cornell West!

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.14  CB  replied to  JBB @3.1.1    3 days ago

I have been thinking the same thing. Crooked Donald has done everything short of stamping 'LIAR, CHEATER, THIEF" on top and on the front of his head. . . and so it says more about his supporters and what they want. . . especially since they can not fix their fingers to 'key stroke' out one tangible criticism of a definitely and deeply flawed individual while 'willingly' condemning nicer contestants, plural in the past primary and present presidential selection process.

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.15  CB  replied to  Robert in Ohio @3.1.2    3 days ago

Yes, Crooked Donald is a 'manufactured' success. And, some conservatives are blindly running after that. Why? Because it suits their purposes in the here and now. Call it what it is. Even a producer of  "The Apprentice' says they were wrong to make this weak, little, loser. . .into a mythical tv success story.

But, go ahead, imagine that the country will be more stable if citizens, immigrants, and women are marginalized by a red-state loser of a president. Small-town values can't do much for world class cities. . . where things as a necessity must operate differently. It will be a 'recipe' for disaster! But apparently, some people have to see shit in the fan blowing before they can believe.

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.16  CB  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @3.1.3    3 days ago

6496052e-1383-4c7a-b28b-28286277ced7.jpg

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.17  Tessylo  replied to  afrayedknot @3.1.11    3 days ago

Exactly.

Truth.

Simple

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.18  Tessylo  replied to  Robert in Ohio @3.1    3 days ago

Of course you know what 'the hell that means in the context of this article' but you are being your usual smug self

Krishna
Professor Expert
3.1.19  Krishna  replied to  Robert in Ohio @3.1.2    3 days ago
Godwin’s Law . This adage suggests that as an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Hitler or the Nazis approaches 1

Do you think that, at this point, you really think that this discussion is really that "Long"? 

jrSmiley_26_smiley_image.gif

Krishna
Professor Expert
3.1.20  Krishna  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @3.1.3    3 days ago

Hitler came to power in a democratic election.

(Of course he had nade false claims about certain events, such as "The Communists burnt The Reischstag"... but the election itself was fair.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
3.1.21  Gsquared  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @3.1.12    3 days ago

You've read the Shirer book and yet you're still asking people to explain for you how Hitler came to power.  In that case, the best description of your comment is trolling.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
3.1.22  Gsquared  replied to  Krishna @3.1.20    3 days ago
Hitler came to power in a democratic election.

That's the simplest answer, but of course, as you know, the full story of how Hitler came to power and institued a dictatorship is a complex subject involving multiple layers of facts and circumstances, the Reichstag fire being just one element, that evolved over many years.

Krishna
Professor Expert
3.1.23  Krishna  replied to  Gsquared @3.1.5    3 days ago
Thus giving the lie to the facile argument that according to Godwin any comparison to Hitler automatically signals the end of a rational argument.

According to Godwin?

Why should we pay attention to this Godwin dude anyway?

HOWEVER: in my experience, comparisons to Hitler often both continue & in fact intensify the discussion!- And since comparisons to Hitler often evokes strong feelings in people-- comparisons to Hitler often prolongs the discussion for quite a while!

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
3.1.24  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Gsquared @3.1.21    3 days ago
yet you're still asking people to explain for you how Hitler came to power.

And I asked it’s relevance to today.

In 1932, the Nazi Party won 37% of Parliament. Hitler was appointed chancellor by President Hindenburg. When Hindenburg died the following year, Hitler assumed those powers as well.

[deleted][]

Gsquared
Professor Principal
3.1.25  Gsquared  replied to  Krishna @3.1.23    3 days ago
Why should we pay attention to this Godwin dude anyway?

There is no reason to at all.  The point of my comment was that some cite Godwin's adage about mentioning Hitler as the ultimate truth but they ignore that Godwin, in fact, expressed his approval for making a comparison to Hitler when it is appropriate.  Is it appropriate in Trump's case?  Since much of his rhetoric echoes Hitler's, the answer is yes.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.26  Vic Eldred  replied to  Gsquared @3.1.25    3 days ago
Is it appropriate in Trump's case? 

It diminishes the Holocaust.

It is insulting to Jews.

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.27  CB  replied to  Gsquared @3.1.25    3 days ago

By the way, there are always exceptions to every/any rule. ;)

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.28  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.26    3 days ago

No. Actually it does not. Jews (and Germans) don't 'own' the mention of Hitler anymore than Blacks can own mentioning Dr. Martin King by other groups of people. And it is a 'cop-out' for anybody to try to block mention of one of the biggest JERKS in recorded history. . .since the silence on the name/man could potentially lay the foundation for a repeat of history. "Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it." The saying goes.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.29  Vic Eldred  replied to  CB @3.1.28    3 days ago

Here is another way of looking at it: After you call somebody every vile thing you can think of and take every action against him, there is nowhere else to go. We are 2 weeks from an election and Trump is now layered in Teflon and it is Harris who must walk the tightrope.

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.30  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.29    3 days ago

Well, trumpists can have their terrible human being in Crooked Donald Trump. And for the record we have not called him the vilest name ("Hitler") without a reason. Tell Crooked Donald to stop acting like the "super Jerk" that Hitler became over time. . .in order to get his way with people who can not meet his some conservative expectations (while paying out taxes like some conservatives do to live in the same land), and the comparison will end—abruptly. As Hitler will not come to mind.

(For the record, Hitler had a starting point that 'revved up" and the same occurred with Putin and every other so-called aspiring authoritarian leader wannabe who demanded to be obeyed, given complete and utter loyalty/fealty, or meting out death.)

MrFrost
Professor Guide
3.1.31  MrFrost  replied to  Robert in Ohio @3.1.2    3 days ago
Godwin’s Law.

Goodwin also said that if someone is a Nazi they should be called out for it.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.32  Vic Eldred  replied to  CB @3.1.30    3 days ago

Before I forget:

For the people who are passing by and reading this stuff:

You only have 17 days to put a stop to them.

VOTE!

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3.1.33  Split Personality  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.29    3 days ago
After you call somebody every vile thing you can think of and take every action against him, there is nowhere else to go

I don't hear Harris and Walz insulting or cursing other public officials.  I do hear them talking about Trumps inconsistencies and exhaustion.  Sleeping in court, sleeping at the RNC, sleeping at a recent Michigan event?  Trump on the other hand keeps calling Biden and Harris every vile thing he can think of when he isn't playing the victim.

C'mon mannnn.

and Trump is now layered in Teflon

WTF?  The old man couldn't even read bad jokes from his notes at the Al Smith dinner while hurling insults and cursing.

Cursing at a Catholic Charity event? Really?

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.34  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.32    3 days ago

Vote! It's time to put the 'final' version of Crooked Donald out to 'pasture.' People, let Crooked Donald go back to the private sector, let the GOP return to its 'station,' and let the country 'breathe' again. . .without the 800,000 lbs monster that runs a movement sitting on all of our political chests. We want freedoms, of all kinds and stripes, as long as no one is harmed by them. But, Crooked Donald is running a scam from the campaign trail and it is seeking a path right into the federal halls of power, control, and influence. We can't abide that. We might not even be able to survive it—intact as a nation.

If we split this country into fractured states. . .I feel pretty sure we, and future generations, will miss what they can only read about in history books about the good "America" did while a unified 'entity.' (The good stuff, not the bad stuff - nobody will miss the bad stuff!)

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.35  CB  replied to  Split Personality @3.1.33    3 days ago
Cursing at a Catholic Charity event? Really?

Yes, I think it was the word: "shit" that I heard from Crooked Donald while he delivered his monologue.  I admit I was startled for two reasons: 

1. He is a former president familiar with leadership protocols and presidential 'dos' and 'don'ts.' 

2. He was at an affiliated religious event.

I feel pretty sure Crooked Donald knew the above (1 and 2) and he chose to do it anyway. This he does and he has not even won yet. So he is clearly saying take me or leave me. 

Let Crooked Donald return to his past life, he is unfit to be a public official of the caliber we deserve as one nation!

Gsquared
Professor Principal
3.1.36  Gsquared  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @3.1.24    3 days ago
it’s relevance to today.

Trump's electioneering echoing Hitler's, Trump's authoritarian policy goals, Trump's cult of personality.

As Mark Twain, a very wise man, once said:  “History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes”.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
3.1.37  Gsquared  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.26    3 days ago
It diminishes the Holocaust.

It honors the lessons of the Holocaust, which is why we fervently espouse:  Never Again.

It is insulting to Jews.

What is insulting to Jews is people supporting a fascist like Trump who pals around with anti-Semites and Holocaust deniers.  I can assure you that my relatives who died at the hands of the Nazis would look with horror on the prospect of Trump ever gaining any power again.

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
3.1.38  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Gsquared @3.1.36    3 days ago

So JBB's meme about the German people is wrong as they didn't vote for him. Hitler ran against Hindenburg for the presidency in 32 and lost  with 36.8% to Hindenburg’s 53%. 

Do we have an equivalent of the the Great Depression ongoing?  Are we under the yoke of anything like the Treaty of Versailles?

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
3.1.39  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  CB @3.1.16    3 days ago

That might apply after Hitler came to power, not before.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
3.1.40  Gsquared  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @3.1.38    3 days ago

JBB's meme doesn't make any reference to the German vote count.  Did the German people let Hitler lead them to ruin?  Yes, of course they did.  Or, do you disagree?

Do we have an equivalent of the the Great Depression ongoing? 

According to Trump's rhetoric, we do.  Haven't you heard him rail on about the country being in ruins?  That is part of his effort to encourage his followers to accept authoritarianism.

Are we under the yoke of anything like the Treaty of Versailles?

Same answer as above, although here, Trump's rhetoric would imply that the current equivalent is the Biden administration, environmental protection/U.S. climate policy (such as when he pulled out of the Paris climate accord during his first disasterous presidency, NATO.

As I stated above:  Mark Twain, a very wise man, once said:  “History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes”.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
3.1.41  Gsquared  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @3.1.39    3 days ago
That might apply after Hitler came to power, not before.

Didn't you say you read The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich?  Did you miss the part about the S.A. using violence against Hitler's political opponents during the 1920s and 1930s before Hitler came to power?

Gsquared
Professor Principal
3.1.42  Gsquared  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.32    3 days ago

"Them" being the trumpist authoritarian forces, of course.

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
3.1.43  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Gsquared @3.1.40    3 days ago
JBB's meme doesn't make any reference to the German vote count.  Did the German people let Hitler lead them to ruin?  Yes, of course they did.  Or, do you disagree?

I think that in the early 30's, many/most Germans were skeptical of Hitler.  By the late 30's that changed as he ended the Depression in Germany and rearmed it.  The early military success added to his growing popularity.  The word "let" is interesting, how do you think they might have stopped him in 37 or 38?

Trump's rhetoric would imply that the current equivalent is the Biden administration, environmental protection/U.S. climate policy (such as when he pulled out of the Paris climate accord during his first disasterous presidency, NATO.

The Great Depression and the Versaille Treaty weren't rhetoric, they were real.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3.1.44  Split Personality  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @3.1.12    3 days ago
and lived in Germany for over 9 years

What bearing is that unless you lived there between and 1923 and 1934?

The two Snyder books should be mandatory reading for all of the military academies and especially the war colleges.  

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
3.1.45  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Gsquared @3.1.41    3 days ago

Did you miss the part about the S.A. using violence against Hitler's political opponents during the 1920s and 1930s before Hitler came to power?

He was in power by 32.  In the 20's the Brownshirts had little power, their street foce was similar to some US big city goons employed by the political machines.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
3.1.46  Gsquared  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @3.1.43    3 days ago
how do you think they might have stopped him in 37 or 38?

At that point, most probably it would have required a military coup.

The Great Depression and the Versaille [sic] Treaty weren't rhetoric, they were real.

So?  Don't trump followers believe his rhetoric is real and believe they are feeling the effects of whatever he is railing against just as much as the German people felt the effects of the Great Depression and the issues they may have had with the Treaty of Versailles?

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
3.1.47  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Split Personality @3.1.44    3 days ago
What bearing is that unless you lived there between and 1923 and 1934?

Understanding Hitler was still a big topic in the media, press, movies, etc. it was also a topic that some Germains would discuss with me.

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
3.1.48  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Gsquared @3.1.46    3 days ago
Don't trump followers believe his rhetoric is real and believe they are feeling the effects of whatever he is railing against just as much as the German people felt the effects of the Great Depression and the issues they may have had with the Treaty of Versailles?

Some do, others don't but don't believe in either party and want a rock chucker.  

Gsquared
Professor Principal
3.1.49  Gsquared  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @3.1.45    3 days ago
their street foce [sic] was similar to some US big city goons employed by the political machines.

JBB's use of Neimoller's comment is acutely correct.  The S.A. began widespread violence against Communists starting in the 1920s.  JBB's meme refers to Socialists, not Communists, which I believe was Neimoller's actual comment, but that's immaterial.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
3.1.50  Gsquared  replied to  Split Personality @3.1.44    3 days ago
The two Snyder books should be mandatory reading for all of the military academies and especially the war colleges. 

Agreed 100%, and for any student of history, political science and sociology.

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
3.1.51  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Gsquared @3.1.49    3 days ago
The S.A. began widespread violence against Communists starting in the 1920s.  

Kinda like the first Red Scare here after WWI.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.52  Tessylo  replied to  Gsquared @3.1.21    3 days ago

jrSmiley_93_smiley_image.jpg

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.53  Tessylo  replied to  Split Personality @3.1.33    3 days ago

Appalling that Dolan was laughing at all of it most likely.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.54  Tessylo  replied to  Split Personality @3.1.44    3 days ago
'What bearing is that unless you lived there between and 1923 and 1934?'

Absolutely none.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3.1.55  Sean Treacy  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @3.1.45    3 days ago
the 20's the Brownshirts had little power, their street foce was similar

And pretty much every party had a "street force" after the end of WWI  THe brown shirts were not unique, or the first to be involved in street violence.

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
3.1.56  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.54    3 days ago

Exactly, living in other countries doesn't aid an understanding of their history.  You can know everything you need to about Germany without ever leaving Baltimore.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.57  JohnRussell  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @3.1.56    3 days ago

The idea that the Hitler era cannot be fully understood unless you have lived in Germany, or even visited Germany is ludicrous. 

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
3.1.58  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.57    3 days ago
The idea that the Hitler era cannot be fully understood unless you have lived in Germany, or even visited Germany is ludicrous. 

Did someone here say that, who?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.59  JohnRussell  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @3.1.58    3 days ago
Exactly, living in other countries doesn't aid an understanding of their history.  You can know everything you need to about Germany without ever leaving Baltimore.

I think that is a snarky way of saying that. 

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
3.1.60  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.59    3 days ago

Think what you want.  I think that understanding what people felt, believed is enhanced by talking to them.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.61  JohnRussell  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @3.1.60    3 days ago

William Shirer lived in Germany for six years while Hitler was alive and in power. He had first hand knowledge that probably surpasses what anyone told you many years later. And he wrote a big book about it. 

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
3.1.62  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.61    3 days ago
William Shirer lived in Germany for six years while Hitler was alive and in power.

What did he write that I disputed?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.63  Tessylo  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.54    3 days ago

Some are impotent and starved for attention much like the former 'president' also

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
3.1.65  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.63    3 days ago
Some are impotent and starved for attention much like the former 'president' also

Perhaps, has that been your experience?

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.66  CB  replied to  Gsquared @3.1.37    3 days ago

Thank you, Gsquared for being a stand-up guy on this one! We need it right now. :)  No one can insult us if we don't accept it. Nor should we permit anyone to 'blot' Hitler's infamous name and actions from the memories of all that shall come after us because remembering helps keep such horror from occurring yet again. Peace to you.

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.67  CB  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @3.1.39    3 days ago

It's relevant today, Drinker. Undeniably. We live in the period AFTER Hitler came to power and lost it too.

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
3.1.68  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  CB @3.1.67    3 days ago
We live in the period AFTER Hitler came to power and lost it too.

You got that right.

Thomas
Masters Guide
3.1.69  Thomas  replied to  CB @3.1.15    3 days ago
Even a producer of  "The Apprentice' says they were wrong to make this weak, little, loser. . .into a mythical tv success story.

All that one needed to know about Donald Trump was very easily obtainable even before his TV show. One needed to be only minimally aware to know that he was not a very good businessman. Only through sheer dumb luck was he able to Profit from licensing deals. As with the presidency, most everything he touched turned to shit.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3.1.70  Split Personality  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.26    3 days ago
It is insulting to Jews.

Based on what? 

When was your bar mitzvah?

Thomas
Masters Guide
3.1.71  Thomas  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.32    3 days ago

VOTE!

Them being Richard and the Lie-ettes

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.72  CB  replied to  Thomas @3.1.69    3 days ago

My understanding (from my readings) is the producers offered other genuine business leaders having success to do the show. They could not or would not. . . so, the "D-List" candidate was brought in. . .a myth created and their hands were full of him from then onward!

BTW, I had a good opinion of Crooked Donald until I saw him (of all things) 'abuse' a contestant on "Deal or No Deal" with harsh low-ball offers in the bid show (See it: here ). I was confused by that from a man thought to be so high up in the chain. Crooked Donald was brutal to this woman ('Fan.')

On the West Coast, we do not get the local news "ins and outs" of New York City or New York state. . . maybe I just got the 'highlights' because I didn't care to look deeper. That was my first 'blush' with misunderstanding Crooked Donald's drives .

When I fell out with Crooked Donald was when told lies on our first Black president and persisted in doing so. By then, I definitely knew something was up with this man. . . of course, I did not follow him again until he came down the escalator and CONFIRMED my worse concerns. 

The rest of his story is . . . his-tory. :)

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4  JohnRussell    3 days ago
I am planning to vote for Jill Stein - a wasted vote in the view of some and supporting an election spoiler possibility in the view of others, but most importantly in my view a vote I can stomach.

I sincerely doubt you agree with Jill Stein about much of anything. 

Robert in Ohio
Professor Guide
4.1  seeder  Robert in Ohio  replied to  JohnRussell @4    3 days ago

I do not agree with her approach on some issues, but I can listen to her talk about those issues rather than simply denigrating her opponents which is the tactic of Harris and Trump

Besides as you know she will not win, so maybe I should should just leave that line on the ballot blanks and vote for the down ballot candidates and issues.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Robert in Ohio @4.1    3 days ago

She sucks up to Russia and Putin. Do you? 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.2  JohnRussell  replied to  Robert in Ohio @4.1    3 days ago
I can listen to her talk about those issues rather than simply denigrating her opponents which is the tactic of Harris and Trump

Is it actually your measured opinion that no one should be "denigrating" Trump?  There isnt another politician in our lifetimes, and maybe in American history, that has so earned all the denigration that can be heaped on him. 

Obviously you want some sort of pollyanish national landscape where all is well and Norman Rockwell.  All that went out the window when right wing media started destroying conservatives minds. 

CB
Professor Principal
4.1.3  CB  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.2    3 days ago

I daresay some will applaud Putin when he arrives in D.C under a new Trump Administration and puts his feet up on the 'resolute' desk!  Hey! Look we're making 'peace' with Russia. . . thank you, Donald!  /s

Of course it won't last. It's a con. A false imagining. But that is a story for another day.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.4  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.2    3 days ago

jrSmiley_80_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_98_smiley_image.gif

Another useless 'article' on how to vote for the former 'president' traitor convicted felon.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.5  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.1    3 days ago
She sucks up to Russia and Putin.

She does?  I thought it was Iran?

Robert in Ohio
Professor Guide
4.1.6  seeder  Robert in Ohio  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.1    3 days ago
She sucks up to Russia and Putin. Do you? 
No as a 21 year Army veteran, I volunteered to fight for my country and against all enemies foreign and domestic.
That is an oath that never expires for a veteran

Robert in Ohio
Professor Guide
4.1.7  seeder  Robert in Ohio  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.2    3 days ago

Is it actually your measured opinion that no one should be "denigrating" Trump?  There isnt another politician in our lifetimes, and maybe in American history, that has so earned all the denigration that can be heaped on him. 

No I am okay with making fun of Trump when he screws up or makes an ass of himself and I am okay with people mocking Kamela when she artfully evades giving any meaningful answers to policy questions.

But that cannot be all that there is - 

CB
Professor Principal
4.1.8  CB  replied to  Robert in Ohio @4.1.7    3 days ago

A president/leader must have the presumption of good intentions and personal integrity.

How can we know when Crooked Donald is telling the truth. 

Think people. Listen! Think.

At this point, we have over 30,000 plus recorded lies by fact-checkers and record-keepers from Crooked Donald during a single term presidency. That is UNACCEPTABLE. Nobody would accept it from a CHILD. . . a friend. . . any other public person. They would toss that lying child, friend, or servant out into the street and bid them not to return home or to work! 

At home such a liar would be considered "Untrainable." At work: "Unprofessional." 

Crooked Donald is making a fool out of honest people who demonstrate a lack of principle when deciding to elevate a liar over a different relative truthteller to public service. I remind us all: it's public service. Not the public serving the elected.

At this rate, we could raise the 'next' incarnation of a mob boss to the presidency. . . and let him tell honest people what to do! And be in the same category as we stand right now!

Worse. These so-called, 'Christians' who are failing the 'test' of Christian principle while they imagine God needs their help in determining "the End" make a mockery of their God who has told them time and time again (all they have to do is reread the printed words in their holy book), where logically they will find/see/attest that God has need of nothing from men. . . it is God that 'commands' and gives 'gifts' to humankind. . . not the other way around. Even 'salvation' is in God's control to grant as 'increase' in the life of a supplicant. Therefore, such 'believers' are empty and a hindrance to the truth of their faith, for they harden non-believers against the knowledge, understanding, an acceptance of God to be loving. . . with their bitter, inaccurate, and incomplete rendering of judgements.

We can not know when Crooked Donald is telling the truth, because he has subpar personal integrity. Thus, he is unfit for public service. Crooked Donald will CORRUPT our federal system. . . and that corruption will deepen in the states one by one.

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.2  Krishna  replied to  JohnRussell @4    3 days ago
I sincerely doubt you agree with Jill Stein about much of anything. 

Which raises an interesting question-- if a person (theoretically) doesn'tknow much about what a candidate stands for-- is that a reason to vote (or not vote for ) for that candidate? 

jrSmiley_26_smiley_image.gif   jrSmiley_26_smiley_image.gif

Robert in Ohio
Professor Guide
4.2.1  seeder  Robert in Ohio  replied to  Krishna @4.2    3 days ago

if a person (theoretically) doesn'tknow much about what a candidate stands for-- is that a reason to vote (or not vote for ) for that candidate? 

Krishna

An excellent - since even Kamala doesn't know exaclty what she stands for or what or how she will do things only that she will do better than Trump

And Trump is not sure what he will or will not do only that no one else dcould possibly do it better

Sounds like a good rationale to work for neither

CB
Professor Principal
4.2.2  CB  replied to  Robert in Ohio @4.2.1    3 days ago

That is not an option. One of the two will lead this country to success or its opposite: chaos. What to do when the choice is so stark? Think people.  

V.P. K. Harris can be given the benefit of the doubt:

1. Because we do not know her as her own leader taking/making her own 'stand' on issues.

2. The 'offer' to lead such a great people like us. . . fell into the hands of someone preparing herself to be a continuing 'stand-in' for the office of president. 

3.  I am willing to bet the V.P. has policies that she wishes to see put in place which differ from this sitting president. But. She is properly restrained by his presidency to not undermine her role as a servant to the same sitting president. . . anymore than any other vice-president to hold the office. . . it would cause obvious confusion . . .as immediately she would be 'justly' accused of of presumption or getting ahead over her 'skis.' That is, making her boss more of a lame duck than this situation she finds herself working through presently.

Dragon
Freshman Silent
5  Dragon    3 days ago

My concern with Trump being elected (which I hope not), it will embolden GOP/Republican agenda for anti-choice (will not say pro-life as I don't believe GOP/Republicans are pro-life). Embolden their hate rhetoric against immigrants, LGBTQ, or basically anyone who doesn't follow their thinking. Embolden GOP/Republicans to push "christian" religion in public schools. Embolden GOP/Republicans to continue voter suppression. Next president will probably appoint 1-2 justices to supreme court, scary to think Trump/GOP (if GOP has majority in Senate) will get to pretty much run SCOTUS. This is just a few of issues GOP/Republicans will feel very motivated to pursue if Trump is elected.   

CB
Professor Principal
5.1  CB  replied to  Dragon @5    3 days ago

Of course, that is what trumpists desire. These people are not here to help assist the betterment of this country-even though they take all the good that immigrants, marginalized citizens, and their taxes can provide for their good. They are just about control and power over 'others.'  It is all they are about. You can see it 'shot-through' all the inconsistencies in their statements and actions. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.2  Krishna  replied to  Dragon @5    3 days ago
This is just a few of issues GOP/Republicans will feel very motivated to pursue if Trump is elected.   

A good list.

And IMO if Trump is elected, there is always the possibility that his supporters may commit some brutal act of violence..nationwide. 

jrSmiley_26_smiley_image.gif   jrSmiley_26_smiley_image.gif   jrSmiley_26_smiley_image.gif

CB
Professor Principal
5.2.1  CB  replied to  Krishna @5.2    3 days ago

And "nationwide" the national guard forces will put those 'thugs' in their place (or face the consequences for not doing their constitutional duties and responsibilities) to protect the country against domestic TERRORISTS!

JBB
Professor Principal
5.3  JBB  replied to  Dragon @5    3 days ago

Because McConnell held up Obama's appointment of Merrick Garland to the Supreme Court in hope of Trump's 2016 election, I knew Roe Vs Wade was going to be overturned when Trump won the election...

Another term and all civil rights are in the table. Thomas and Alito already want to overturn The Civil Rights Bill and marriage equality!

Will marriages and families be rendered invalid and torn apart when jobs or the military require people transfer across state lines? Hell, will women still get to  vote in 2028 if they vote for Trump in 2024?

Laugh as they will, when I said it would happen to Roe they laughed!

CB
Professor Principal
5.3.1  CB  replied to  JBB @5.3    3 days ago

Chief Justice John Roberts is a fraud. He is overwhelmingly in the tank for conservative principles over equality, diversity, and inclusion (which despite the denials by some conservatives is a fundamental principle of this country -  a (damn) nation 99.99 percent full of immigrants).

Tacos!
Professor Guide
6  Tacos!    3 days ago
I am planning to vote for Jill Stein

Then you’re voting for Trump. I’m sorry, but that’s just the reality of it.

devangelical
Professor Principal
6.1  devangelical  replied to  Tacos! @6    3 days ago

that was his intention from the start. this both sides to boot licker melodramatic transition takes place every 2 years ...

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  devangelical @6.1    3 days ago

It's so transparent.

George
Junior Expert
6.2  George  replied to  Tacos! @6    3 days ago

Partisan response, and a trump supporter will say he is voting for Kamala. When in fact he is voting for Jill Stein.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
6.2.1  Split Personality  replied to  George @6.2    3 days ago

In this country, with the exception of Ross Perot, a third party protest vote is a known waste of time.

Jill Stein is just another grifter looking for power, any power.  Stein is infatuated about saving Gaza.

In 2016, Hillary Clinton   lost   Wisconsin to Trump by 22,748 votes; Stein carried 31,072 votes. In Michigan the story was   similar : Clinton lost to Trump by 10,704 votes while Stein carried 51,463. Ditto for Pennsylvania, where Trump   won   by 44,292 votes and Stein pulled in 49,941 votes.

Had Clinton carried those three states she would have become president.

Instead, she’s bragging about how she’s going to hand the 2024 election to Donald Trump. Presumably, since her dinner with Putin, she’ll be spared the imprisonment that Trump   says he’s preparing   for the rest of us in politics and the media. As Stein boasted to   Newsweek :

“Third Way found that, based on polling averages in battleground states, the 2020 margin of victory for Democrats would be lost in four states—Georgia, Michigan, North Carolina and Wisconsin—because of third party support.

“So they can’t win. There’s a fair amount of data now that suggests the Democrats have lost. Unless they give up their genocide.

“We’re doing outreach all the time to a lot of different groups, but it’s really been the Muslim Americans and Arab Americans who have really taken this campaign on like it’s theirs—like they have enormous ownership over this.”

Running for president and keeping an iron grip on the once-noble Green Party has become Stein’s singular mission. And she’s killing the party—and its once-sterling reputation—in the process. As Alexandria Ocasio Cortez   said :

“If you run for years in a row, and your party has not grown, has not added city council seats, down ballot seats and state electives, that’s bad leadership. And that to me is what’s upsetting.”

Jill Stein: The Grifter Who May Hand Trump the White House Again (msn.com)

She's pro Trump and anti Democrat anything, so you are in fact voting for Stein's goal, a Trump presidency.

Why fool yourself?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.2.2  Tessylo  replied to  Split Personality @6.2.1    3 days ago
' Why fool yourself?'

It's a matter of principle

jrSmiley_88_smiley_image.gif

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.2.3  Krishna  replied to  Split Personality @6.2.1    3 days ago
Jill Stein is just another grifter looking for power, any power.  Stein is infatuated about saving Gaza

Which means (among other things) that's she's extremely biased towards one side.

(Not that there's anything wrong with that-- if a voter have the same extreme bias...they should vote for Stein!)

Tacos!
Professor Guide
6.2.4  Tacos!  replied to  George @6.2    3 days ago
Partisan response

I'm talking sense. Deny it if you want. No one who would genuinely vote Jill Stein would consider Trump as an alternative. Every vote for Stein takes a vote from Harris because that is the reasonable alternate choice.

CB
Professor Principal
6.2.5  CB  replied to  Tacos! @6.2.4    3 days ago

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia1.s-nbcnews.com%2Fj%2Fnewscms%2F2017_51%2F1955941%2F170405-putin-flynn-dinner-jhc-1700_b0582368d7ffe429d0fbf3c999f3b786.nbcnews-fp-1200-630.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=e7c57c5979e216b19e20b4e0ac6f8928a322d3bcd6e98cb602deb38ae1149041&ipo=images

NOTE:

This image I first became aware of around 2016 or 2017. And, she is still 'palin' around with the wrong side of the Russia-Ukraine war it seems in this election too!

Anybody would like to explain how a 'nobody' in America politics (then and now) was able to be seated in the presence of a Russian president - who in Russia vetted Jill Stein and Michael Flynn? (Hint: Likely vouched for by Crooked Donald)

CB
Professor Principal
6.2.6  CB  replied to  CB @6.2.5    3 days ago

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.cnn.com%2Fcnnnext%2Fdam%2Fassets%2F170624104654-spoiler-alert-green-party-candidate-jill-stein-00032516-full-169.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=091a2e13af62aef9c1999693b2f1f817fceda3bb3d4ce808cfe2da7b2b926ebb&ipo=images

So there you have the question point-blank (four years later- AGAIN). 

Split Personality
Professor Guide
6.2.7  Split Personality  replied to  CB @6.2.6    3 days ago

Love me some Smerconish, his mother's real estate office was "just around the corner" from mine  for 16 years.

CB
Professor Principal
6.3  CB  replied to  Tacos! @6    3 days ago

Don't be sorry to tell the truth. Worse, these people have already stated that Stein can not win. But, they so do not want Harris to win so they assist in making it a 'toss-up' election, or outright Crooked Donald victory.  Apparently, a portion of our citizenry is ready for four more years of daily 'combat' and noise on our television sets. (Sadly, in the next four years some will transition away from this world. . . I hope they can appreciate the state they leave it.). People think!

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.4  Krishna  replied to  Tacos! @6    3 days ago

Exactly!  

George
Junior Expert
6.4.1  George  replied to  Krishna @6.4    3 days ago

No a vote for Stein is a vote for Harris, that is the reality of it, or maybe it’s a vote for West? 

CB
Professor Principal
6.4.2  CB  replied to  George @6.4.1    3 days ago

That comment is propaganda. Untrue. Unbelievable.

Robert in Ohio
Professor Guide
6.5  seeder  Robert in Ohio  replied to  Tacos! @6    3 days ago

Tacos

They are very small words and easy to understand, try again

No I am voting for Stein

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.5.1  Tessylo  replied to  Robert in Ohio @6.5    3 days ago

No, you are voting for trump.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
6.5.2  Right Down the Center  replied to  Tessylo @6.5.1    3 days ago

See 6.5

Tacos!
Professor Guide
6.5.3  Tacos!  replied to  Robert in Ohio @6.5    3 days ago

Ok, I have already explained briefly why I think what I expressed, but I will expand on it, just a bit.

Jill Stein belongs to the very liberal Green Party. On policy, she has far more in common with Harris than Trump, but is actually far to the left of Harris. She has been running for president for a few cycles now, and while she always gets votes, she has zero chance of winning.

The person with the best chance to beat Trump is Harris. Voting for anyone other than her helps Trump. Even if you were originally going to vote for Trump, voting for Stein only takes away a vote from him. Voting for Harris would take away your Trump vote and add a vote for Harris, improving her chance of victory.

Don’t help Trump by casting a pointless protest vote.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
6.5.4  Split Personality  replied to  Robert in Ohio @6.5    3 days ago

I have already explained her agenda and the fact that she brags about having put Trump in the WH once and her intention to spoil the DEMs in battleground states to put Trump in the WH a second time.

Better to join the Libertarian Chase Oliver whose hands are cleaner and has no connections to Putin.

Ciao

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
6.6  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Tacos! @6    3 days ago

Depends on what State you are in.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
6.6.1  Split Personality  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @6.6    3 days ago

She is on some state ballots as the Green Party, the Green Party candidate or an independent.  She hopes to also be a write in.

Stein will be on the ballot in Arizona, California, Florida, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, Washington and West Virginia, according to Ballotpedia's most-recent update.

She will also be on the ballot in Montana, Utah, Nevada, Alaska, Arkansas, Wisconsin, Tennessee, Maine, Maryland and Missouri, Stein's campaign manager Jason Call told   Newsweek .

Meanwhile, the Green Party is on the ballot in Mississippi, South Carolina and Hawaii.

Map Shows States Where Jill Stein Is on 2024 Ballot - Newsweek

26 states 

She concentrates on the battleground states while promoting justice for Gazza and describing Democrats as participants in genocide.  Her every intention is to hurt Harris.

She was recently removed from the Ohio Ballot where they warned that votes for her would not be counted.

Stein/Green Party has initiated emergency lawsuit to be reinstated on the Ohio Ballot.

The DNC lost a case in Wisconsin the crux of which was that should by any chance Stein win, she isn't entitled to any Electoral College electors as there are no elected Green Party office holders in Wisconsin.

The court ruled that the DNC had "no standing".  No word on an appeal.

CB
Professor Principal
7  CB    3 days ago

Well, either one is "all-in" with Donald, Elon, Putin, Orban, and their cohorts, or one is 'all-in" with Harris and her cohorts. All this other crap is just noise. We will have to seen what happens. .. since our 'crystal balls' appear to be broken!  Personally, I am sick of 'corrupted' polls and those who craft them. Also, at this point, I am tired of the noise from those claiming to not having an opinion. Everything has been explained. . . ad nauseam.

Krishna
Professor Expert
7.1  Krishna  replied to  CB @7    3 days ago
I am tired of the noise from those claiming to not having an opinion.

"tired of the noise"?

Seems like you have a pretty strong opinion about...people who claim not to have an opinion!

LOL!

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
7.1.1  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Krishna @7.1    3 days ago

the silence can be deafening.

CB
Professor Principal
7.1.2  CB  replied to  Krishna @7.1    3 days ago

Well, some people lie all the time - judging from Crooked Donald! It's a means to getting power one could not otherwise get or should possess!

CB
Professor Principal
7.1.3  CB  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @7.1.1    3 days ago

Yes, it sure can be.

Krishna
Professor Expert
7.2  Krishna  replied to  CB @7    3 days ago
Well, either one is "all-in" with Donald, Elon, Putin, Orban, and their cohorts, or one is 'all-in" with Harris and her cohorts.

Well, my experience has been different. Sure, I know people who are "all in" with one side or the other.

But I also know many who are not "all in" with either side. 

Some are voting for one side-- but are not enthusiastic about it either. They have considerations.. but realize not voting (or voting for some strangecandidate like Jill Stein) is a cop out.

And others are not 'all in types" and don't consider them selves voting for either major party-- but will vote repsonsibly. Why? Wellfor starters they do not feel they are voting for a candidate-- but rather their voting is determined by who they feelthey are voting against!

CB
Professor Principal
7.2.1  CB  replied to  Krishna @7.2    3 days ago

It won't matter. A vote for Jill Stein will have an impact. . . one way or another (negatively or positively) depending on the perspective of the casters.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
7.2.2  Right Down the Center  replied to  Krishna @7.2    3 days ago

Split Personality
Professor Guide
7.2.3  Split Personality  replied to  Right Down the Center @7.2.2    3 days ago
PORTLAND, Maine – For voters who aren't excited about a rematch between President Biden and former President Donald Trump, Libertarian presidential nominee Chase Oliver’s pitch is strikingly simple.

“I'm under the age of 80, I speak in complete sentences, I'm not a   convicted felon ,” he says on the campaign trail. “It's a very low bar, but I've managed to clear that.”

Oliver is 39, an anti-war activist and the new public face of the Libertarian Party, the country’s third largest political party — and one that could   influence who wins   the White House in November.

He’s not going to win the election, but that’s not his only measure of success. Getting the party more media attention, better ballot access and more Libertarian candidates into local office is also on the docket.

Meet Chase Oliver, the presidential nominee you've never heard of : NPR

Thanks, I guess, I hadn't heard of him before.

CB
Professor Principal
8  CB    3 days ago

There is so much mis/disinformation out and about that one can not trust anything. We're winging it for sure. We're on our own to decide what to do.

Krishna
Professor Expert
8.1  Krishna  replied to  CB @8    3 days ago
There is so much mis/disinformation out and about that one can not trust anything.

And yet other "ones" are perceptive enough to be able to discern the difference between falsehoods-- and facts. And know who they want to vote for and the reasons why! 

(BTW that includes all of my friends and associates--  because those are the types of people I choose to associate with . .. others may choose differently)

CB
Professor Principal
8.1.1  CB  replied to  Krishna @8.1    3 days ago
And yet other "ones" are perceptive enough to be able to discern the difference between falsehoods-- and facts. And know who they want to vote for and the reasons why! 

So you're saying that some CHOOSE falsehoods over facts on purpose. That is, they CHOOSE lies and liars over truth and truthtellers. . . in this case. . . to lead us and by extension the world. Disturbing.

Krishna
Professor Expert
8.2  Krishna  replied to  CB @8    3 days ago
There is so much mis/disinformation out and about that one can not trust anything.

Maybe that's true of the "'one' people".

However I personally know many many people who feel there is relaible information out there-- some even feel its a sort of "intellectual laziness" to not go to the trouble of discerning the difference between falsehoods and facts"!

CB
Professor Principal
8.2.1  CB  replied to  Krishna @8.2    3 days ago

Not sure how that comment helps or enhances discussion, but I accept it as a point to be made.

CB
Professor Principal
9  CB    3 days ago

We have warned the nation until we are 'blue' in the face! And still they talk stupidly and run 'headlong' into the coming storm! Well, let them. They will 'believe' once trumpists start twisting the screws on them and not just. . . Others.

Krishna
Professor Expert
9.1  Krishna  replied to  CB @9    3 days ago
We have warned the nation until we are 'blue' in the face!

Just curious-- who are you referring to when you say "we"?

CB
Professor Principal
9.1.1  CB  replied to  Krishna @9.1    3 days ago

In this case, "we' are anybody who has been telling the truth about LYING Crooked Donald and his cohorts. Also, "they" are anybody who won't listen to 'we' who are turning politically blue in the face from over-explaining to them the shortfalls and regressions heading towards us in the form of a Trump (PROJECT 2025) return to power. 

LYING Crooked Donald could not be AFFIRMED any more than to literally "be himself" with all the baggage he is showing us and still be returned to POWER! That man even 'stole' from the government (he swore to protect as implied in the constitution) by stealing from the Secret Service and taxpayers through overpricing their stay on his property during his presidency. (Crooked Donald over-charged the Secret Service upwards of 300 percent for the 'pleasure' of protecting his butt.) Where is the outrage? 

There ought to be outrage from the Right which likes to demean and mock poor and ordinary folks for their neediness, but are 'silent' when Crooked Donald milks the system.

Krishna
Professor Expert
10  Krishna    3 days ago

Newsweek is usually a fairly reliable source of information.

I was curious when I read that comment-- so I went to the Newsweek article to see if what was implied by that statement was true. (The implication that Newsweek had been consistantly reliable but was not in this case!

Of course that statement implies that Newsweek's reporting here was inaccurate. But after carefully reading the actual article I realized that Newsweek in this case was not claiming that all Battleground States had flipped to Trump! No-- not at all!

The fact of the matters is that Newsweek's reporting was totally accurate here-- because they were not reporting that these states had flipped... but rather they were reporting on what another source said!

They accurately reported that:

RealClearPolitics' polling tracker shows that, with no toss-up states, Trump is set to claim all seven swing states.

Newsweek was not reporting on what they knew about the battleground states! Rather they were reporting on what another entity ("RealClearPolitics") was sayinging!

Krishna
Professor Expert
10.1  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @10    3 days ago
Newsweek was not reporting on what they knew about the battleground states! Rather they were reporting on what another entity ("RealClearPolitics") was sayinging!

I've seen this sort of thing before-- sometimes its people not reading articles carefully-- or in many cases relying of some sort of meme rather than using critical thinking.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
11  JohnRussell    3 days ago

Trump talked about the size of Arnold Palmer's cock today. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
11.1  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @11    3 days ago
@RonFilipkowski
·
Remember when Abraham Lincoln talked about Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain’s penis size in the Gettysburg address? Trump continues to steal other presidents’ material.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
11.2  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @11    3 days ago

GaTA8HaW8AAbTMN?format=jpg&name=small

Tessylo
Professor Principal
11.2.1  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @11.2    3 days ago

Trump Talks Arnold Palmer Being Well-Endowed, Calls Harris a ‘Shit’ VP in Bonkers Speech

Althea Legaspi
Sat, October 19, 2024 at 9:39 PM EDT · 4 min read
efe64e031c17bd84eb997acfa09cbfcb

Donald Trump returned   to western Pennsylvania on Saturday, where he held a rally at Arnold Palmer Regional Airport in Latrobe as the race heats up with 17 days until Election Day.

Trump last returned to the area for a   rally in Butler   earlier this month, the site where an   assassination attempt   was made on him in July (and earlier in the week, he held a   disastrous town hall in Oaks , Pennsylvania where he stopped taking questions and played music instead).

Trump has a propensity to ramble during his rallies, and recently he’s seemed to throw away any sense of decorum when delivering his speeches (in a recent appearance he called the Democratic presidential nominee and Vice President Kamala Harris “ retarded ”) and he’s appeared nonsensical (during a speech at Coachella last weekend, he meandered about solving California’s water problem without providing a solution, and also threatened to withhold wildfire aid should he be elected; he was also recently   incoherent sounding answering a question   about climate at a Univision town hall, instead going on about his golf course).

But on Saturday, the guy who has jumped the shark many times previously, was pretty out there even for him, going well beyond his typical rants. Trump began his rally talking about the late golfer Arnold Palmer, for whom the airport where Trump was speaking was named — that appeared to be the only coherent connection to his   babbling on   about Palmer for nearly 15 minutes. That was odd even for the golf-loving Trump, but then he shared a story about   Palmer in the shower room .

“Arnold Palmer was all man, and I say that with all due respect to women, and I love women,” he said. “But this guy, this guy, this is a guy that was all man. This man was strong and tough. And I refuse to say it, but when he took showers with the other pros, they came out of there they said, Oh my God, that’s unbelievable. I had to say it.” (Narrator: No, you did not).

While wildly inappropriate, it does seem to fit Trump’s modus operandi, if you consider his obsession with size (from   exaggerating the crowds   attending his rallies and his lamenting the bigger attendance at   Harris’ rallies , to   his hands/penis size ).

He also referred to Palmer as “a friend,” which Palmer’s daughter Peg appeared to dispute in 2018. While she said they had dealings and that her dad appreciated Trump’s support of the game, “my dad saw a different side of him,”   she told Sporting News .

“My dad didn’t like people who act like they’re better than other people,” Peg told the outlet in 2018. “He didn’t like it when people were nasty and rude. He didn’t like it when someone was disrespectful to someone else. My dad had no patience for people who demean other people in public. He had no patience for people who are dishonest and cheat. My dad was disciplined. He wanted to be a good role model. He was appalled by Trump’s lack of civility and what he began to see as Trump’s lack of character.”

I refuse to say it - then he says it - I had to say it

CB
Professor Principal
11.2.2  CB  replied to  Tessylo @11.2.1    3 days ago
While wildly inappropriate, it does seem to fit Trump’s modus operandi, if you consider his obsession with size (from   exaggerating the crowds   attending his rallies and his lamenting the bigger attendance at   Harris’ rallies , to   his hands/penis size ).

Okay, Althea, stop now. So unprofessional of Crooked Donald to mention this.