╌>

Angry Camel Bites, Kicks American to Death

Category:  Other

Via:  nona62  •  10 years ago  •  27 comments

Animal may have been enraged by lack of Coca-Cola

(Newser) A Chicago-area man who founded a wildlife sanctuary in Mexico ended up being kicked, bitten, and squashed to death by one of the animals he tried to save. An enraged camel kicked and bit Richard Mileski "practically to death, and when he was almost dead, he sat on him," an official in the beach resort of Tulum tells the AP . "Between the blows and the weight of the camel on top of him, he was asphyxiated." It's not clear why the animalwhich had to be pulled off the 60-year-old's body with a rope tied to a truckwas so angry, the official says, but one theory "is that he would always give him a Coca-Cola to drink, and apparently that day he didn't give him the Coca-Cola."

The animal was taken away by Mexico's federal environmental agency, which has closed the Tulum Monkey Sanctuary pending an investigation, the Chicago Tribune reports. "Richard lost his life caring for one of the animals that he has dedicated the last 15 years of his life to saving," the sanctuary said on its Facebook page . "He founded the sanctuary on his ranch in order to help rescue an endangered species, the spider monkey, from extinction. But he did not limit himself to helping the monkeys, for his compassion ran the entire range of species from dogs to ducks and horses to javali." (Last month, the founder of an elephant sanctuary in Maine was crushed to death by an elephant he met while working as a circus juggler.)

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Nona62
Professor Silent
link   seeder  Nona62    10 years ago

What a horrible way to go!

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   Hal A. Lujah    10 years ago
Coke withdrawl ... say no to coke!

pokermike
Freshman Silent
link   pokermike    10 years ago

Even the camels don't like Arabs.

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     10 years ago

Having once been a camel jockey, no kidding. Every year in Alice Springs Australia they have the annual camel races. I was a jockey in one of the races when I lived there. Damn things are mean, and can really bite. I finished second...LOLOLOL, true story.

boulia_camels_racing.jpg

Nona62
Professor Silent

ROFL !!

Nona62
Professor Silent

Mike...that is one mean Camel......OOOWWWWW!!

Nona62
Professor Silent

lol...

Nona62
Professor Silent

ROFL !!

Nona62
Professor Silent

These camels better not try messing with Wiki !!

pokermike
Freshman Silent
link   pokermike    10 years ago

In the mid-19th century the U.S. Army experimented with using camels in the arid Southwest. They established the U.S. Camel Corps of about 70 camels brought from the Middle East. The camels actually worked out pretty well but were disbanded with the outbreak of the Civil War. The last survivor of the Camel Corps died in the Los Angeles Zoo around the turn of the century.

Nona62
Professor Silent

Very interesting Mike...thanks!

Kavika
Professor Principal

I remember reading about that pokermike.

Australia has the largest number of wild camels of any country in the world, including the M/E.

Kavika
Professor Principal

Wiki is a wiz handling camels Nona.Grin.gif

Nona62
Professor Silent

BOL !! If they're smart, they won't even look cross-eyed at her!!

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   Krishna    10 years ago
Australia has the largest number of wild camels of any country in the world, including the M/E.

That's interesting--I never knew that. Were they indigenous to Australia-- or introduced from the Middle East?

Kavika
Professor Principal

They were introducted from the ME in the 1800's to travel in the great Australia outback. Once planes and trains were introduced the camels were turned loose. Since there are no natural predators in Australia the camels thrived Krishna.

Kavika
Professor Principal

I am know as Mr. Kool around the state 2blue.Smile.gif

Kavika
Professor Principal

Chi-miigwetch (many thanks) 2blue. The hand shake is returned with honor.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient    10 years ago

Camels are all muslim aren't they? They probably never kick an Arab to death.

A surprising statement from "John of Arabia".

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent
link   Petey Coober    10 years ago

But only because I'll always be the coolest person I know.

Holy crap ! You are unclear on the concept of what cool is . For one thing it requires subtlety , something you are sorely lacking in . But feel free to live the fantasy that acting the asshole is cool ...

Nona62
Professor Silent

Was that really necessary?

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent

If you had seen the kind of ceaseless crude crap he has been attacking me with you would understand ...

Kavika
Professor Principal

Petey, I don't see any ''crude crap'' that jwc has brought into this article.

So, if you want to have a pissing match, why not do it on an article that actually has the ''crude crap'' in it.

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent

My article didn't have any crude crap in it until he showed up . I didn't want a pissing match but I got one ... some of the crudest stupidest comments I have ever seen .

Kavika
Professor Principal

Then why not battle it out in your article? That would seem like the right thing to do, instead of bringing it into someone (Nona) article.

Nigel Dogberry
Freshman Silent
link   Nigel Dogberry    10 years ago

Being a Mexican camel, it probably was a Catholic camel, or, maybe a Jehovah Witness camel.

Swamijim sez
Freshman Silent
link   Swamijim sez    10 years ago

Just as long as it wasn't trying to sneak across the border...