╌>

Princess for a day: 11-year-old cancer patient lives out dream

Category:  Other

Via:  nona62  •  10 years ago  •  5 comments

• HeavenSanchez3.jpg
  • 661HeavenSanchezNails.jpg

Heaven Sanchez, an 11-year-old brain cancer patient from Texas, gets her nails done as princess for a day. Courtesy: Heroes N More

• 661HeavenSanchezPrince.jpg

Heaven Sanchez, 11, dances with her "Prince Charming" in front of green screens at KSAT-12 News station. Courtesy: Heroes N More

An 11-year-old brain cancer patient in Texas got to live out a fantasy most girls her age only dream of: To be a princess for a day.

Heaven Sanchez, 11, got the surprise of a lifetime when a group of princesses from Heroes N More knocked on her door, KSAT-12 News reported.

Surprise! they yelled. Hi beautiful, how are you? We have a special princess day planned just for you, and we even brought you your own gown, said a woman dressed as Princess Jasmine from Disneys "Aladdin."

Heroes N More is a non-profit organization comprised of special heroes, loving hearts and helping hands ready to bring smiles to those who need it most, according to its Facebook page.

Heaven spent the day getting her nails done, being chauffeured around in a stretch limo and singing along with the likes of Mulan, Pocahontas and Belle.

She ended her day at the KSAT-12 News studios where she took pictures and had a dance with Prince Charming.

With her daughters wish granted, Heavens mother, Stephanie Sanchez had one more wish for people looking to make a difference in the fight against brain cancer.

I just want to request for anybody and everybody to go on to Head for the Cure, Sanchez said. Its for a good cause, and brings out awareness for brain cancer-- supporting everybody that has been affected by it.

Heaven and her pals from Heroes N More will all be in tow when KSAT-12 News holds its first-ever Head for the Cure 5K in San Antonio on September 27 in honor of the stations late news director, Jim Boyle.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Nona62
Professor Silent
link   seeder  Nona62    10 years ago

What awonderful thing to do for this little girl. I'm very happy for her!!

jennilee
Freshman Silent
link   jennilee    10 years ago
What a wonderful group if people to give a little girl such a special day

Nona62
Professor Silent

I'll bet they feel ecstaticwhen theysee the looks on the children's faces..

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     10 years ago

What a great group. Kudos to all of them.

Heaven's had the day of her life.

Nona62
Professor Silent

Heaven's had the day of her life. And I'm sure her parents are beside themselves with joy for what this group has done for their "Princess."