╌>

Missouri cop was badly beaten before shooting Michael Brown, says source

Category:  Other

Via:  nona62  •  10 years ago  •  32 comments

Darren Wilson, the Ferguson, Mo., police officer whose fatal shooting of Michael Brown touched off more than a week of demonstrations, suffered severe facial injuries, including an orbital (eye socket) fracture, and was nearly beaten unconscious by Brown moments before firing his gun, a source close to the department's top brass told FoxNews.com .

The Assistant (Police) Chief took him to the hospital, his face all swollen on one side, said the insider. He was beaten very severely.

According to the well-placed source, Wilson was coming off another case in the neighborhood on Aug. 9 when he ordered Michael Brown and his friend Dorain Johnson to stop walking in the middle of the road because they were obstructing traffic. However, the confrontation quickly escalated into physical violence, the source said.

They ignored him and the officer started to get out of the car to tell them to move," the source said. "They shoved him right back in, thats when Michael Brown leans in and starts beating Officer Wilson in the head and the face."

The source claims that there is "solid proof" that there was a struggle between Brown and Wilson for the policemans firearm, resulting in the gun going off although it still remains unclear at this stage who pulled the trigger. Brown started to walk away according to the account, prompting Wilson to draw his gun and order him to freeze. Brown, the source said, raised his hands in the air, and turned around saying, "What, you're going to shoot me?"

At that point, the source told FoxNews.com, the 6-foot-4, 292-pound Brown charged Wilson, prompting the officer to fire at least six shots at him, including the fatal bullet that penetrated the top of Brown's skull, according to an independent autopsy conducted at the request of Brown's family.

Wilson suffered a fractured eye socket in the fracas, and was left dazed by the initial confrontation, the source said. He is now "traumatized, scared for his life and his family, injured and terrified" that a grand jury, which began hearing evidence on Wednesday, will "make some kind of example out of him," the source said.

The source also said the dashboard and body cameras, which might have recorded crucial evidence, had been ordered by Ferguson Police Chief Thomas Jackson, but had only recently arrived and had not yet been deployed.

A spokesman for the St. Louis County Police Department, citing the ongoing investigation, declined late Wednesday to say whether Wilson required medical treatment following the altercation.

Edward Magee, spokesman for St. Louis County Prosecutor Robert McCullough, said the office will not disclose the nature of the evidence it will reveal to a grand jury.

"We'll present every piece of evidence we have, witness statements, et cetera, to the grand jury, and we do not release any evidence or talk about evidence on the case."

Nabil Khattar, CEO of 7Star Industries which specializes in firearms training for law enforcement and special operations personnel confirmed that police are typically instructed to use deadly force if in imminent danger of being killed or suffering great bodily injury.

You may engage a threat with enough forcethat is reasonably necessary to defend against that danger, he said.

Wilson is a six-year veteran of the Ferguson police force department, and has no prior disciplinary infringements.

Massive protests have since taken over the St. Louis community, prompting Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon last Thursday to place Highway Patrol Capt. Ron Johnson at the helm of security operations in an effort to calm ongoing tensions.The federal government is also investigating the death, and Attorney General Eric Holder has taken the lead calling the selective release of sensitive information in the case troubling.

On Friday, Ferguson police released surveillance video showing Brown stealing cigars from a convenience store just before his death. Jackson came under intense criticism for disclosing the tape and a related police report as he also insisted that the alleged robbery and the encounter with Wilson were unrelated matters. Browns family, through their attorney, suggested the tapes release was a strategic form of character assassination.

However, FoxNews.com s source insisted that there was absolutely no spin agenda behind the tapes release and that there were a number of Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) media requests filed by media outlets seeking it. Tom Jackson is said to have waited on publicly releasing it, and did not want it shown until Browns grieving mother first had the chance to see it.

He defied the FOIAs as long as he could, noted the insider. A powerful, ugly spin has completely ruined public discourse on this whole situation.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Nona62
Professor Silent
link   seeder  Nona62    10 years ago

Let's see what this stirs up now!

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent
link   Petey Coober    10 years ago

Will you be back to apologize if this version is proven by solid evidence ? Of course not .

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent

Pathetic is being an apologist for a vicious thug just because he's really big ... and black , of course .

Nona62
Professor Silent

My comment about "what this stirs up now", meant I wonder what is going to happen now FYI...JWC..

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov    10 years ago
Wow. Advocating cop killing. You've reached a new low. Disgusting.

Nona62
Professor Silent

No problem..

Nona62
Professor Silent

Who???

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent

You know what's funny ? It's ignoring someone on NT . It means you give them the last word all the time .

As to your wife ... I apologize for that . It was insensitive of me and out of line.

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent

OH NO ! What have I done ?

Broliver "TheSquirrel" Stagnasty
Freshman Silent
link   Broliver "TheSquirrel" Stagnasty    10 years ago

Hmmmmmmmmm Lets see... Apolice officer was not listened to and directions heeded.... That is the reason this young man was killed. Can anyone out there think of a more senseless tragedy???

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent

Gets away with what ? Preventing his gun from being stolen and used against him ?

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
link   1ofmany    10 years ago
Video shows Wilson standing in the street after killing unarmed jaywalker. I don't see the slightest indication that he has been badly beaten. He looks just as sound as the unbeaten officer standing next to him.

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent

That video does not show officer Wilson ... It does subject one to the incessant whining of the girl who took it though .

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
I thought rabbits had good eyesight.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
Since the source for this orbital fracture claim is unknown, the claim may not even be true.

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent

So since you can see Wilson , which cop was he ?

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
link   Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    10 years ago

Mickey -Pardon the interruption, but a quick question if I may?

How many of you are there on NT?

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
I don't think the video proves he was uninjured but it suggests that he was not "badly beaten" as some claim. I've been hit sparring and hurt but, to me, there's a difference between getting hit and being badly beaten. Plus, if people are going to jump to conclusions against Brown based on a store video, then I feel comfortable helping them jump the other way.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
Even a Girl Scout couldn't be badly beaten in 10 seconds.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
My "reliable sources" tell me that Wilson's injury was the result of all the back slapping when the other officers heard he shot Brown.

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent

Its sooo nice to receive all of these libels against my character but not one of you aholes are willing to answer my question .

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
link   1stwarrior    10 years ago

In self defense, of course.Smile.gif

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent

It's always "self defense" when someone grabs for a cop's gun ...

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
"CNN reported today that Wilson was taken to the hospital with a "swollen face" and X-rays were NEGATIVE.......NO FRACTURES....no severe beating............sorry"

Uh oh

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
And I heard a medical examiner state that there's no way to tell how long his face was swollen. It could have happened during the incident or before it . . . Maybe he banged his own head on the car door when he slammed it into Brown and it bounced back.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
"That's a pleasant thought!!!! Too bad he didn't get his dick caught in the door too!!!"He'd probably have a better chance of catching his navel in the door. Maybe that's why he hates black guys. Navel envy.

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent

CNN a internationally recognized medical authority ? When did that happen ?

Professor Guide

This was the only thing I could find regarding the CNN info.

On Thursday, a source with detailed knowledge of the investigation told CNN that reports in the media that Wilson suffered a fractured eye socket from his reported scuffle with Brown are false.

The officer had a swollen face and went to the hospital, where he underwent medical tests and was treated for his injury, the source said.

Apparently, Mr. and/or Ms. Source declined to give their first name.

Professor Guide

Whether nor not the transcript twirls your skirt up, do you notfeel that the audio, in and of itself, is authentic?

And no need to duck. I'm still laughing my ample bottom off at the German-language newspaper you used as a source yesterday.