╌>

What sacres you??

Category:  Other

Via:  nona62  •  10 years ago  •  59 comments

What sacres you??

It seems that everyone is afraid of something. I think it would be interesting to find out some of the different things that scare people. There is nothing to be ashamed of, everyone has something that terrorizes them, It's human nature to be frightened of something or some things. I'll go first...I am scared to death of snakes and worms...I can't even look at a picture of either one without getting dizzy..

I ask that Religion or Politics not be brought into this discussion.

That said, let's get started and share our fears..

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Nona62
Professor Silent
link   seeder  Nona62    10 years ago

As I said, I am petrified of snakes and worms. Spiders don't bother me at all...

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   Krishna    10 years ago

I ask that Religion or Politics not be brought into this discussion.

Actually there are several things that sacre me. But unfortunately, all of them fall under the classification of religion or politics-- so for this particular discussion, I guess you can count me out!Frown.gif

Nona62
Professor Silent

I have no problem going up,it's the coming down that makes me a little uncomfortable.

Nona62
Professor Silent

awwww. Well, thanks for commenting Krishna again. Smile.gif

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   Krishna    10 years ago

You're very welcome!

Nona62
Professor Silent

Smile.gif Smile.gif

Nona62
Professor Silent

lol... I kind of figured that some people would name those two and a fear, and I can understand that completely. Thanks for commenting Mike. Smile.gif

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent
link   Petey Coober    10 years ago

What sacres me ?

1) making spelling errors on a public forum ... (;~ P

2) revealing what scares me on a public forum where anyone can see it !

Nona62
Professor Silent

2) revealing what scares me on a public forum where anyone can see it ! LOL..

Nona62
Professor Silent

Just put garlic juice on you ,and the fish will leave you alone...lol

Nona62
Professor Silent

ROFL !!

Nona62
Professor Silent

ROFL

Nona62
Professor Silent

If I was trapped in a mine collapse or something like that That would be scary, not knowing if anyone would even find you or be able to get you out.

Nigel Dogberry
Freshman Silent
link   Nigel Dogberry    10 years ago

I'm afeared of farts, clowns and mariachis. If a clown or mariachi farts, it sends me into an uncontrollable panic.

I'm afraid of heights and can't comfortably get near an edge high up. I remember being on a trail in the Grand Tetons and it narrowed severely. All there was the narrow trail and straight down for what seemed like 200 yards. I froze and couldn't move for the longest time. My son finally talked me along the trail away from the cliff.

I can fly in a plane, though.

sixpick
Professor Quiet
link   sixpick    10 years ago

http://www.cchs165.jacksn.k12.il.us/sep/SEP2006/web2006/student22/ronhatesspiders.bmp

Nona62
Professor Silent

I'm afeared of farts, clowns and mariachis. If a clown or mariachi farts, it sends me into an uncontrollable panic ROFL !!! I guess we will never get to see you Bunji Jump..

jennilee
Freshman Silent
link   jennilee    10 years ago
John, we agree! Being confined in a very small space would literally make crazy!

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Expert
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.    10 years ago

I have fear of flying, which is kind of funny since I fly often...

I hate clowns. They freak me out.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser    10 years ago

I have always been afraid of being the last one left alive. I used to dream about it. When I was a child, I would dream that I'd wake up and go from bedroom to bedroom, and all my family was in bed, dead. I'd run out of the house, and there would be nothing, just an empty field, filled with moonlight. I'd turn to go back in the house, and it was gone.

Well, Sure as Shit Stinks, here I am. The last one left. Grin.gif It's not so bad. I mean, I'm coming to terms with it. I've known all my life that this would happen.

I've been terrified of snakes, until I studied up on them, and I'm not really so scared of them, any more. I used to be terrified of spiders, but after reading up on them, I love them, now... I think they're really neat. Imagine a brain that size keeping up with 8-16 eyes, all of them pointed in different directions, seeing different kinds of light... Imagine having 8 legs! I manage to trip over 2!

I guess almost all of us are afraid of being burned to death. Or, women any way, raped and strangled. Anyone would be scared of being tortured to death. etc.

I guess, after all these years, most of the normal things that people are afraid of, are still what makes me afraid... I don't want to have another heart attack and die, but then, if I have another heart attack and am going to suffer, or be suddenly stupid from a stroke, then I think I'd rather die. Sometimes, there is a lot worse things that can happen to you than dying... Grin.gif

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet

ME TOO, Perrie. I've been afraid of them, all of my life! Uncle Louie used to have pictures of Emmet Kelly all over the house, they were awful! When I cleared up their estate, those pictures were the FIRST thing I got rid of! EW!!!

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet

Not surprising!

Then, after a childhood of being freaked out about clowns, John Wayne Gacy came along...

43.gif

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet

He was awful... Even without all the other, he was just creepy/awful.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Expert

OMG... Guys I'll have clown nightmares tonight!!!

EWWWW!!!!!!

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Expert

I'm afraid of Perrie when she's angry....

Be scared.... be VERY scared

h29B3169D

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Expert

Marsha,

You're not really the last one left. You have Peep and the hubby and lots of friends who love you. That is a heck of a lot better than having to love people just because you feel you have to.

As for being burnt to death... yeah... that is scary.

As for death... IDK... I think of this song....

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Expert

OMG.. you guys are just scary...

Grim, I say! Grim!

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet

No, really Peep is the last one... But, of my childhood, there isn't anyone left. And that's ok, I'm dealing with it.

I never had any problem loving them-- I had a problem not having enough time with them!

I love that song!

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet

Buzz, a heart attack is really scary. But, most of the time, it's not fatal. At the time, it hurts so bad, you almost wish it were! But then, when it is over, and your heart finally gets back into its old groove again, sort of in a fluttery way, you feel like you've been blown through by a strong wind.

At that point, it's not that scary until later, when you realize how weak you are...

My son was 3 years old, my step-daughter was 12 years old, I had laundry stacked up to the high walls, and my family, in all the melee, had not done ANYTHING to clean up the house. I came home, unable to crawl up the stairs more than once a day, and sat there with all this stuff that needed doing.

That was 12.5 years ago, and I'm still alive. Grin.gif It's not that awful, as long as you have morphine, and they are generous with it.

Nigel Dogberry
Freshman Silent

Mariachi clowns. Gross and frightening, too.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   Hal A. Lujah    10 years ago
Bears. Read accounts of being attacked by a bear, by the few that survived one. It's horrific. I've always said I'd rather be killed by a lion or tiger than a bear, because a lion or tiger will make sure you're dead before they start eating you. A bear just holds you down with one claw while he strips your tasty flesh with the other ... while you watch in horror.

Nona62
Professor Silent

I didn't know that ........YIKES!

Nona62
Professor Silent

ROFL !!

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet

Yeah, I understand...

Do you have high cholesterol?

Nigel Dogberry
Freshman Silent

Now with all this frightening talk of clowns, lions, tigers and bears I am having the heebee jeebees. I am fully expecting to hear a knock on my door in the middle of the night and , when I open the door, there will be a 400 pound clown with an axe on the potico. I'm a goner.

Nona62
Professor Silent

Fear not! Your Corgi's will protect you!!

Nigel Dogberry
Freshman Silent

During the state fair there are always clowns around the grounds. When they start to come near me or my grandsons, I give them this very practiced "don't you f'ing come near me or my kids" look. They back off in short order. They know that look, I am sure of it.

They aren't stupid even if they are clowns. Why would someone want to dress up as a clown knowing how many people just flat out hate 'em? That makes them even more perverted than I realized.

Nona62
Professor Silent

I have never been afraid of clowns. As a matter of fact, I didn't know that there were people that were until about 10 years ago. (I had lived a very sheltered life as a child)

Nigel Dogberry
Freshman Silent

I'm not afraid of them. I just don't like them. Mimes, too.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   Hal A. Lujah    10 years ago
I think Gacy did for clowns what Hitler did for the toothbrush mustache.

Nona62
Professor Silent

Neither bother me.

Nona62
Professor Silent

Pretty much!

Nona62
Professor Silent

ROFLMAO!!!

Nona62
Professor Silent

He really doesn't care, as ling as it'sa female and has a pulse...

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet

I'm with you on the first 5... Number 6? Don't watch it, but it seems like a good show...

Take care, Thee!

Nona62
Professor Silent

Hi Thee Ox.. these are very interesting. I can understand everyone of them.(except I don't have constant pain, I sure hope whatever pain you have will get better) Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

Nona62
Professor Silent

Dowser, I have never seen that show either , so we're in the same boat..

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet

As we almost always are!!! Are you my sister from another mother??? Smile.gif

Nona62
Professor Silent

BAVA...you are a constant pain....24.gif 24.gif

Nona62
Professor Silent

Right, on yourself!!! 24.gif 24.gif

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Expert

I would never say you are ugly or your mother dresses funny and I sent you a friend request :)

Nona62
Professor Silent

People probably get so sick of that Not at all, more people should be open about themselves.

Nigel Dogberry
Freshman Silent

I did. It wasn't all that bad. It did hurt a bit, though, and was good for an afternoon snack.

Nigel Dogberry
Freshman Silent

Very sweet, as I recall.Smile.gif