Cajun Night Before Christmas - Narrated by Larry Ray

By:  Ender  •  Holiday  •  4 weeks ago  •  11 comments

Cajun Night Before Christmas  - Narrated by Larry Ray

That time of the year again. A Christmas tradition around these parts. Every Christmas Eve is time for the telling of The Night Before Christmas, Cajun style.

Watch out for St. Nick with his trusty gators pulling his pirouge...

Find text within the comments Find

1  author  Ender    4 weeks ago

Happy Holidays to all !

It Is ME
1.1  It Is ME  replied to  Ender @1    4 weeks ago

"Cajun Night Before Christmas "

Merry CHRISTmas to you and your family and Friends Ender. jrSmiley_15_smiley_image.gif

Raven Wing
2  Raven Wing    4 weeks ago

What a hoot! Thanks for great story, Cajun style. jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

charger 383
3  charger 383    4 weeks ago

That is great!

4  Kavika     4 weeks ago

LOL, love the Cajun Christmas.

Niibaa' anami'egiizhigad (Merry Christmas in Ojibwe)

Citizen Kane-473667
5  Citizen Kane-473667    4 weeks ago

Mais...I do miss da bayous!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and yours Ender!

Raven Wing
5.1  Raven Wing  replied to  Citizen Kane-473667 @5    4 weeks ago

I once lived with a Paternal Aunt in Metairie as a youngster, and had a blast crawdad fishing in the canals that ran along side of the major highway with my Cousins. We had a stick with a string tied on it and a safety pin tied on the string. We'd bring them home in a bucket of water for my Aunt to make Crawdad Jambalaya Cajun style. Nutin' better feller!

Citizen Kane-473667
5.1.1  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to  Raven Wing @5.1    4 weeks ago

Bet you used the same method for crabbing; with or without the stick!

Raven Wing
5.1.2  Raven Wing  replied to  Citizen Kane-473667 @5.1.1    4 weeks ago

I didn't do much crabbing. They are ultra-unfriendly, and their pinch really hurts. Although, they were easier to catch than crawdads.

I am allergic to crab so I never ate any, but, my Aunt and Cousins really loved them. So I helped them catch them. When they pinched me I just smacked them in the face and they let go. jrSmiley_35_smiley_image.gif

But, it still hurt. jrSmiley_85_smiley_image.gif

Citizen Kane-473667
5.1.3  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to  Raven Wing @5.1.2    4 weeks ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

6  Perrie Halpern R.A.    4 weeks ago

Merry Christmas to you and yours Ender.