It Is ME

Country Music ....... Good Times !

By:  It Is ME  •  excellent  •  one week ago  •  24 comments

Country Music ....... Good Times !
"If you talk bad about country music, it's like saying bad things about my momma. Them's fightin' words." Dolly Parton

Country Music has always Meant ..... "fun Times".... And a STORY taBoot !

It Is ME
1  author  It Is ME    one week ago

I do love country music !

It Is ME
2  author  It Is ME    one week ago

Jeremy Retired in NC
2.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  It Is ME @2    6 days ago

I CAN NOT STAND Toby Keith.  I've witnessed this man disrespect the very military he claimed to support.

He come to Iraq in 2005 to perform for the Soldiers.  After the show, he would only sign autographs and talk to O-5 (Lieutenant Colonel) and above.

He came to Afghanistan in 2007 for the same thing.  While waiting for his flight out of the airfield I was working, a soldier come up to his truck to ask for an autograph.  He slammed his door and yelled to his driver to get him out of the area.

The People's Fish
3  The People's Fish    one week ago

The People's Fish
4  The People's Fish    one week ago

Dean Moriarty
5  Dean Moriarty    one week ago

Citizen Kane-473667
6  Citizen Kane-473667    one week ago

I like the older stuff before the lines started becoming indistinguishable between Country and Pop. I quit listening all together after the 80's.  Charlie Daniels, Kenny Rogers, and Dolly Parton did some good crossover stuff back then, but I drifted away to Heavy Metal and Hard Rock. Once in a while I'll catch a Country tune playing that I like that is new, but not too often. On the other hand, I do like Kid Rock!

It Is ME
6.1  author  It Is ME  replied to  Citizen Kane-473667 @6    one week ago

I thru in "Eddie Arnold", as that's what my Dad listened to back in the day, and I grew to like him.

I'll throw in some Charlie Rich and Mack Davis Too ! jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

Citizen Kane-473667
6.1.1  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to  It Is ME @6.1    one week ago

Now we're talkin!

It Is ME
6.1.2  author  It Is ME  replied to  Citizen Kane-473667 @6.1.1    one week ago
Now we're talkin!

I miss those days ! jrSmiley_54_smiley_image.gif

They were actually popular with ALL my friends back in the day, and we weren't considered "Country Folk" !

It was "Normal Radio" then.

Dean Moriarty
6.2  Dean Moriarty  replied to  Citizen Kane-473667 @6    one week ago

Kid Rock was my neighbor in my youth but I was eight years older than him. I gave him the nickname Black Bob and he has a song called Black Bob.

Citizen Kane-473667
6.2.1  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to  Dean Moriarty @6.2    one week ago

WoW!  That is so cool! I actually grew up with the Crowe's Brother Band, but they never hit it big. They are still playing locally back home.

devangelical
6.3  devangelical  replied to  Citizen Kane-473667 @6    6 days ago

I agree with you. back in the 70's I listened to country rock and the CW classics. I had hair down to my shoulders, 5X beaver hat, $200 boots, and embroidered shirts. quite the trend setter way back then, eh? then CW music turned into pop crap and I turned it off. now I can only listen to willie or dwight without gagging. seems like today it's all pop formula shit by artists that didn't have the chops to rock out and then co-opted the country rock sound. I can't tell one from the other when I hear them now, but it cracks me up when I see them trying to be all cool and hip with long hair. probably has ol' merle hitting about 10K rpm in his grave. I actually worked with one of Tammy Wynette's daughters back in the 80's, but didn't find out until long after she quit. seems she wasn't too crazy about the nashville celebrity lifestyle and kept it a secret.

JohnRussell
7  JohnRussell    one week ago

THERES ALWAYS ME - Ray Price

YOU DONT KNOW ME - Cindy Walker

THATS ALL THAT MATTERS- Glen Campbell

JohnRussell
7.1  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @7    one week ago

Cindy Walker is the songwriter of You Don't Know Me .  It is one of the most covered country songs of all time. It has been recorded by other singers hundreds of times.

It Is ME
7.2  author  It Is ME  replied to  JohnRussell @7    one week ago

I did Like "Glen" !

Jeremy Retired in NC
8  Jeremy Retired in NC    6 days ago

I listen to a very wide variety of music from almost every genre and sub-genre. In a way there is usually something that I relate to in that music be it the music itself, the lyrics, attitude (good and bad).  When it comes to country, it's ALWAYS the lyrics.  Something in my life going a certain way, it's almost guaranteed there is a song close to it.

Krishna
9  Krishna    6 days ago

And Country Music a whole range of emotions. And sometimes some real humour as well!

(Some folks might call that"Rockabilly"-- but i suppose it does qualify as C & W?

Krishna
10  Krishna    6 days ago

I do like standard Country and Western, but I'm even more partial to Bluegrass.

Krishna
11  Krishna    6 days ago

As well as other Bluegrass Classics:

Krishna
12  Krishna    6 days ago

At one time I wanted to learn Banjo-- just so I could play this sort of music. But I didn't pursue it and have regretted it ever since.

Krishna
13  Krishna    6 days ago

And Rockabilly:

Krishna
14  Krishna    6 days ago

And Rockabilly Dancin'!

15  Paula Bartholomew    6 days ago

I am not much for CW but a few songs I really do like.

I Promise To (From the movie Pure Country) - George Strait

Jolene (Backyard Session) - Miley Cyrus (Before she went whack a doodle)