Easy Peanut Butter Fudge

By:  Kathleen  •  9 months ago  •  14 comments

Easy Peanut Butter Fudge

Leave a comment to auto-join group THE NEWSTALKERS COOKBOOK

THE NEWSTALKERS COOKBOOK

You will need:

1 stick of Margarine softened.

3 cups of powered sugar.

1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.

1 cup of smooth peanut butter.

Mix the margarine, powered sugar and Vanilla in a large bowl until it is doughy. Then mix in the peanut butter.

After all the ingredients are mixed well, put the batter in a non stick 8 X 8 pan.

Cover with foil and put it in the fridge for 3 to 4 hours. Then cut in squares and enjoy!

Kathleen
1  author  Kathleen    9 months ago

Here is something easy to make for someone with a sweet tooth.

Raven Wing
1.1  Raven Wing  replied to  Kathleen @1    9 months ago

My... that sounds good! I have never had peanut butter fudge before. I am a big fan of peanut butter.

I have never had any luck with making fudge, it always turns out to be a thick syrup that goes great over ice cream. jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

Making candy has never been my forte, but, I do really like eating it. jrSmiley_101_smiley_image.gif

Kathleen
1.1.1  author  Kathleen  replied to  Raven Wing @1.1    9 months ago

I am new at it too...

Thank you. : )

lib50
2  lib50    9 months ago

That sounds really good and easy, fudge is one of my biggest weaknesses.  I may try it this weekend if I get the chance.  We have completed our move, but the settling in and unpacking still goes on.  Have to find the right pan and think I need vanilla, I didn't bring it with me.  I'm also on the hunt for the beaters to my mixer. Thanks for the recipe, and how nice to start the day on NT with a recipe before I dig in to the debates here.

Kathleen
2.1  author  Kathleen  replied to  lib50 @2    9 months ago

Take your time unpacking, I know what you are going through.. I hope everything is working out for you.  You are very welcome.  You sure you want to dig into those debates? : )   It's very easy and really good.

lib50
2.1.1  lib50  replied to  Kathleen @2.1    9 months ago

After a little browsing through the articles, I'll stick with this and deal with politics and god later.  Coffee and the beautiful view off my balcony is a better way to start the day.  And thoughts of fudge.

TTGA
2.1.2  TTGA  replied to  lib50 @2.1.1    9 months ago

Welcome to The Cookbook lib.  Some great recipes here.

Just think; if you can't find the beaters, then, about a thousand years from now, some Archeologist will be digging through your attic and come up with them.  The conversation will probably go something like this:

"So Doctor, what are these items we've found?"

"I'm not sure, but I think that they may have been used in some form of primitive religious ritual involving the ceremonial beating of a carbon based substance into Lactic Acid to produce some type of solid material that was possibly consumed for ceremonial purposes."

Unlike Historians, Archeologists always consider anything they don't understand to be part of a primitive religious ritual.  It makes them sound wise in front of their students.jrSmiley_9_smiley_image.gif

Great stuff Kathleen.  My wife makes fudge with many of the same ingredients; she also substitutes chocolate chips for the peanut butter.  I think that she heats hers up on the stove top, though.  Makes some of the creamiest fudge I've ever had.

Kathleen
2.1.3  author  Kathleen  replied to  TTGA @2.1.2    9 months ago

Hey TTGA, I think I need to test this recipe before anyone try’s to make it.  Sorry, I did it by memory and it was about 5 years ago. No cooking though, I know that for sure...

Kathleen
3  author  Kathleen    9 months ago

Okay guys.. it’s been a few years since I made this and I was doing it from memory. I just made it and it turned out different then I remember. I put it in the fridge and I want to see how it turns out. Don’t make it until I try to find the recipe and see how it turns out. Sorry folks, I don’t want anyone making it and having a problem.  It’s more creamy then doughy.  I am thinking just one stick of margarine instead of two.

Thank you...

TTGA
3.1  TTGA  replied to  Kathleen @3    9 months ago

I'll print this one out and have my wife look at it. She's the fudge expert in our house, and might be able to figure out what's wrong.

I'm also trying to get her to write down the recipe she found for Apple Pie Filling Bread.  She made some yesterday and it was great, sorta like eating an apple fritter but baked instead of fried.

Snuffy
4  Snuffy    9 months ago

Have you made this with butter instead of margarine?  I just have a personal dislike for any "food" product that you can put on a shelf for years and come back to it later. well,  that and having grown up on a dairy farm...   I just don't have that fake stuff in my house...

Raven Wing
4.1  Raven Wing  replied to  Snuffy @4    9 months ago

I'm not fond of margarine either. Some people can't tell the difference between the two, but, my taste buds sure can. However, everyone's taste buds are different. Some people I know won't eat real butter as they don't like the taste of it. jrSmiley_74_smiley_image.gif

Kathleen
4.2  author  Kathleen  replied to  Snuffy @4    9 months ago

This is the only thing I used it on. Lol

I love better much better.  I guess you could use butter, it would not hurt to try it...

Raven Wing
4.2.1  Raven Wing  replied to  Kathleen @4.2    9 months ago

The one thing that real butter might make in the fudge is it might be creamier, and smoother in texture.