I figured that we shouldn't be humancentric, so, to show that we cook just as well for our canine friends as for our human ones, my daughter got this one from a lady she used to work for. I can attest that dogs go absolutely bananas over them. Considering the ingredients, if we added some chocolate chips, they might make pretty good cookies too.
Makes 25 servings
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Total time: 1 hour, 40 minutes
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Whisk together the flour, eggs, pumpkin, peanut butter, salt, and cinnamon in a bowl. Add water as needed to help make the dough workable, but the dough should be dry and stiff. Roll the dough into a 1/2-inch-thick roll. Cut into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Bake in preheated oven until hard, about 40 minutes.
CAUTION: Per our friend Kavika, some peanut butter products contain an ingredient called XYLITOL, a sugar substitute used in some low sugar or sugar free products. This can be dangerous to dogs. Don't use any peanut butter with this ingredient in it to make this recipe.