Latest Followers:

Rockhound Moonchild63 Enoch Dean Moriarty Sichuan Perrie Berlin-Halpern jdychn bitemore Gfotwo Moon Crow Spikegary 96WS6 pat wilson deepwaterdon screminmimi Al-316 Bob Nelson sixpick ArkansasHermit Petey Coober Nowhere Man ambivalent Perrie Halpern R.A. JohnRussell TTGA Gunny

Latest Discussions

Photo Phriday 13th 2017

Art is away and asked if someone...
@ 5 days ago - Comments: 24

Double-double of Canadiana? Man takes Zamboni through Tim Horton’s drive thru

Double-double of Canadiana? Man...
@ 3 weeks ago - Comments: 8

How to capture winter photos like a pro

How to capture winter photos...
@ 2 months ago - Comments: 3

The Most Famous Actors Over 70

The Most Famous Actors Over 70...
@ 2 months ago - Comments: 7

Statement by the Prime Minister of Canada on the death of former Cuban President Fidel Castro

Statement by the Prime Minister of...
@ 2 months ago - Comments: 5

Israel: Iran is smuggling weapons to Hezbollah on commercial flights

Israel: Iran is smuggling...
@ 2 months ago - Comments: 1

The Best Black and White Films of All Time

The Best Black and White Films...
@ 2 months ago - Comments: 7

Another Day Trip to Share With You – Part 3

Another Day Trip to Share With...
@ 2 months ago - Comments: 10

Another Day Trip to Share With You – Part 2

Another Day Trip to Share With...
@ 2 months ago - Comments: 15

Latest Activity

@buzz-of-the-orient • 7 hours ago • comments: 28
Posted a new Comment on EPA Moves To Fine Alaskans For Burning Wood To Keep Warm:
"Japan just won't stop cheating: Japanese fleet caught 'red-handed'..."

@buzz-of-the-orient • 8 hours ago • comments: 24
Posted a new Comment on Photo Phriday 13th 2017:
"Here's a photo of the brothers:"

@buzz-of-the-orient • 8 hours ago • comments: 29
Posted a new Comment on More Pix from My Recent Trip:
"Fantastic. It's SUCH good news when someone beats cancer."

@buzz-of-the-orient • 8 hours ago • comments: 44
Posted a new Comment on Free Speech - What is it Really?:
"No sense arguing about how many angels could dance on the head of a pin, but I was not looking for a word that indicated only the era when the words were..."

@buzz-of-the-orient • 9 hours ago • comments: 44
Posted a new Comment on Free Speech - What is it Really?:
"There are enough people in America, some even on this site, who would laud them for their efforts. The statement they are making would be considered valid if..."

@buzz-of-the-orient • 9 hours ago • comments: 44
Posted a new Comment on Free Speech - What is it Really?:
"Some people simply have no sense of respect. What they do is hurtful to innocent people, and in that regard I consider them to be ugly pigs."

@buzz-of-the-orient • 9 hours ago • comments: 72
Posted a new Comment on Trump Wanted A March On Washington, Just Not The One He's Getting:
"If I recall, and perhaps I'm wrong, but I don't remember the Republican reaction to Obama's election as being ANYTHING like how the Democrats are reacting..."

@buzz-of-the-orient • 9 hours ago • comments: 72
Posted a new Timeline Comment: {jrCore_module_url} required parameter "module" is missing (modules/jrComment/templates/item_action.tpl) http://thenewstalkers.com/community//28533:
""

@buzz-of-the-orient • 13 hours ago • comments: 44
Posted a new Comment on Free Speech - What is it Really?:
"An interesting allegory. Think of it as whether or not to accept the inevitable - that Trump will be the President for 4 years (at least). Some have made it..."

@buzz-of-the-orient • 13 hours ago • comments: 44
Posted a new Comment on Free Speech - What is it Really?:
"Yes, Dowser, it was a time when a person wanting to express his own view (whether or not it agreed with the topic being discussed) was given the tolerant..."

Latest Images   View All

temp_ning_photo_file.jpg

Comments

Moonchild63
link 11/07/16 08:06:34AM @moonchild63:

I tried to comment on your Canada piece, just wondered if you saw the show from Britain about the everyday Jane that became Prime Minister, I watched it on PBS (fictitious), yet good!

Regular people shouldn't allow anyone or thing to keep them from serving - if that's what they truly want.

People put their pants on one leg @ a time, eat & defecate etc., cut us we all bleed Red & I personally DISPISE other people claim that another is somehow a

"Minority" to Whom!?

I say to the two everyday Joe's go for it perhaps 'All' these people/Canadians could learn something from each other or @ the very least about each other that furthers their Humanity in the meantime or generally!

Moonchild63
link 10/28/16 02:14:09PM @moonchild63:

"I Confess."

I loved him in it, I think it was after the accident. Many of the classic actors viewed acting as a job & didn't feel like their Fans felt for them. Garfield & directors like Cappra didn't/don't get the Praise they deserve!

Montgomery Cliftbow to you & same to you Buzz

Olivia Larue
link 10/17/16 08:41:21PM @olivia-larue:

Buzz, don't know if you remember either Susan or Leotie that was on here before it changed, but thanks to Kavika, I made it back, and looking for the wonderful people I knew before.  Good to see you again!

Bob Nelson
link 06/11/16 03:24:26PM @bob-nelson:

The photo essay is very nice.

I'm jealous.

link 07/04/16 12:46:48AM @buzz-of-the-orient:

Jealous because you're not here to see the magnificent sights that I can, or because I'm a better photographer? LOL

sixpick
link 06/10/16 04:01:45AM @sixpick:

Put the video on before I remembered you can't see YouTube videos, so here is the audio.

link 07/04/16 12:48:23AM @buzz-of-the-orient:

Thanks for the sound-track. I've not heard that song before. Joni was a friend back in the 60s, before she got famous.

sixpick
link 06/10/16 03:39:01AM @sixpick:

Sichuan
link 03/31/16 11:27:02AM @sichuan:

Hey Buzz,

I've been here before but I unsubscribed due to all the pathetic political hatred, bigotry and intolerance. I've since resubscribed under the name Sichuan. It's me; C.B. I'm not going to engage in any political or religious discussions this time around. I have no need to talk to those meatheads.

Anyway, it's nice to know that you've moved to Chengdu. I've been there many times, the first time to go to the U.S. Consulate in 2005 for my "single paper" so that I could marry my wife from Chongqing. I believe there's a new high speed train from Chongqing to Chengdu so the next time my wife and I go to Chongqing I'll contact you and perhaps we could meet. We'll probably go to China this August or September.

link 04/02/16 05:14:11AM @buzz-of-the-orient:

Of course I remember our previous correspondence - I'm really happy to have found you again. Yes, the fast train just started - costs only 96 rmb for the 2 hour train or 126 rmb for the 90 minute one.  When I was in Zhengzhou I found another Newsvine person (who after I did also switched to NewsTalkers). He was a New Yorker who was also married to a Chinese woman like us and lived in Kaifeng which was only an hour's bus ride away. We became friends as did our wives, and did many things together, like going to the Luoyang Peony Festival, stayed at each others' homes, etc.

I had to go to the Canadian Consulate in Chongqing to get my "single certificate" and I married Fen in December of 2008. I have a 3 year renewable residency visa due to my marriage but legally I should be living in Chongqing. My wife just spent the last 5 days in Chongqing for Ching Ming Jie, returning last night (although the holiday weekend just started yesterday).

Have you looked back in the archives of the Creative Arts group and the Discovery group to see my photo-essays of China? My wife and I enjoyed looking at your gallery - she never took me to those places because we were never in Chongqing more than we had to be for visa renewals.  Did you ever go to General Stilwell's residence and base of the Flying Tigers in Chongqing? It's quite possible that we will be moving to Chongqing next January. My wife wants to live in the Shapingba District.

The Home Page (Front Page of NewsTalkers) is totally full of political bullshit, so I prefer to venture among the groups yet I still do post articles that show up on the Home Page, but they get pushed off very quickly. I recently posted a photo article on the Creative Arts group of my favourite photos. Hope you get a chance to look at it.

I look forward to our meeting in August or September. I'm sure our wives will get along as well.

Buzz (which really is my nickname that I got when I was 4 years old)