╌>

"Magal Security: An Undervalued Play On Security Spending"

Category:  Stock Market & Investments

Via:  the-irascible-harry-krishner  •  12 years ago  •  12 comments

"Magal Security: An Undervalued Play On Security Spending"

9421_discussions.png Magal Security Systems Ltd. ( MAGS ) is an international provider of security and intelligence-gathering solutions. The company's stock has nearly doubled over the past 52 weeks amid sharply higher revenues and a swing to profitability. But despite this move, the firm trades with a price-earnings multiple of just 8x, suggesting it may be undervalued. ( Cont'd )

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Krishna    12 years ago

has had a nice run up-- IMO might be a good one to buy on a pullback.

Profile (Yahoo Finance):

Business Summary

Magal Security Systems Ltd., together with its subsidiaries, develops, manufactures, markets, and sells computerized security systems used to automatically detect and deter human intrusion primarily in Israel, North America, Europe, South and Latin America, and Africa. The company offers perimeter security systems that enable customers to monitor, limit, and control access by unauthorized personnel to specific regions or areas. Its perimeter security systems include a hybrid perimeter intrusion detection system with physical barrier; fence mounted vibration detection systems; detection grids, gates, and innocent looking fences to protect water passages, VIP residences, and other outdoor applications; and buried cable sensors, electrical field disturbance sensors, and microwave sensors. (Cont'd)

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent
link   Petey Coober    12 years ago

Is this still a growth industry ? Who the heck are their customers ?

Krishna
Professor Expert

Is this still a growth industry ? Who the heck are their customers ?

It most definitely is. They make "perimeter security systems". Some of these are very sophisticated. What looks like an ordinary fence can detect nearby motion-- or alert a station failrly far off if the fence is touched-- etc. This can be useful on countries borders-- or around property of industry-- or even individual homes.

Here's an article about what i believe is their most recent contract:

Magal Wins Two Contracts for $2.5 Million to Secure Prisons in Latin America

YEHUD, Israel, April 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --

Magal Security Systems Ltd. (NASDAQ GMS: MAGS) today announced that it has won two contracts totaling $2.5 million to supply and install multi-layer Perimeter Intrusion Detection Systems (PIDS) in two new high security prisons in Latin America.

The multi layered solutions mostly include Magal's core products: fence mounted cable sensors, volumetric covert buried cable detection systems, microwaves systems, smart grids protecting water canals and several third party IR detectors. The contracts also include integration through Magal's proprietary control system and into a third party software system.

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent

Sounds good . I want one !

BTW , I went to your vine page today . What a surprise I got . How long has it been inactive ?

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
link   Larry Hampton    12 years ago

Imagine an Israeli firm building security and informationtechnologiesfor commercial and home use!? Who would have thunk it /s/? Good to see this company finding some secure footing and hopefully their investors net a ton!

Krishna
Professor Expert

Sounds good . I want one !

BTW , I went to your vine page today . What a surprise I got . How long has it been inactive ?

I forget-- its been a while. I am very busy with some off-line projects, so its fairly infrequently that I login on to any site. But the vibes over there seem to keep getting worse-- so when I do have time to participate on a discussion forum, I'd rather do it here on NT :)

Krishna
Professor Expert

This tiny country is incredibly innovative-- and have invented so many things in all areas:

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent

Their loss , our gain .Smile.gif

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
link   Larry Hampton    12 years ago

What drives such success from such a small country?

Krishna
Professor Expert

What drives such success from such a small country?

For some time I was curious about the same thing.

It seems that there are several factors that contribute to this, but probably the main one is the tradition of "thinking outside the box"-- of challenging established dogma. Apparenty this originated with religious traditions, but then extended to other areas outside thoslogy-- and is one of the main factors contributing to the highly innovative approaches of the Israelis in science and other fields.

Krishna
Professor Expert

has had a nice run up-- IMO might be a good one to buy on a pullback.

So far so good. I haven't bought any yet-- I was thinking that $4/share might be a good entry point-- but I think things look bad for the overall market, which may pull MAGS back to $3 or lower...

Len
Freshman Silent
link   Len    12 years ago

MAGSwill work out in the long run but electronics stock with better technical (chartwise) potential, in my opinion, are GT Advanced Technologies (GTAT) and Silicon Motion Technology (SIMO).