╌>

A curious thing happened on the way to the brewery this week

Category:  Wine & Food

Via:  community  •  8 years ago  •  6 comments

A curious thing happened on the way to the brewery this week

Kelso Brewery Gave Away Its Beer to Homebrewers

A curious thing happened on the way to the brewery this week that had homebrewers lining up and down Brooklyn’s Fulton Street with heavy jugs of beer in tow. Kelly Taylor and Sonya Giacobbe, the husband and wife duo behind New York City’s  KelSo brewery , invited over 80 homebrewers to come and take away five gallons of wort for their eponymous IPA.

In partnership with local homebrew shop Bitter and Esters, KelSo marked the twelfth day of Christmas—known on the Christian calendar as the Epiphany—by providing a mystery batch of beer to the city’s thriving homebrew scene. Keeping details to a minimum in the lead up to the event, participants were not told what kind of beer to expect, but to bring their equipment and prepare themselves to ferment just about anything. According to Kelso’s Chris Cuzme, the participants are free to do whatever they like with the unfermented beer (known as wort) that the brewery gave away. The catch? They have to bring their concoction back to the brewery to share.

~LINK~

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
link   seeder  Larry Hampton    8 years ago

What a neat and unique idea for sharing and creating!

:~)

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     8 years ago

Not being a beer drinker or brewer, I still think it was a great PR move.

I'm a bit disturbed that unfermented beer is a wort. Seems kinda put offish to me. Oh, would you like a glass of worts. LOL

Strange people those wort drinkers.laughing dude

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  Kavika   8 years ago

Yes, my good dog, I'll have a glass of your finest worts.