╌>

5 Nonsensical Claims From Donald Trump’s Latest Interview

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  jwc2blue  •  7 years ago  •  8 comments

5 Nonsensical Claims From Donald Trump’s Latest Interview

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-time-magazine-interview_us_58d3baf5e4b02d33b748f253?

“I can’t be doing so badly, because I’m president, and you’re not."

President Donald Trump gave an  interview to Time magazine on Wednesday, and, unsurprisingly, much of it devolved into a meandering rant.

In the interview, released early Thursday, Trump insisted that several of his unsubstantiated claims were correct, continued to re-litigate November’s election, and argued that everything is fine “because I’m president and you’re not.”

Despite no evidence , he wouldn’t withdraw his claim that former President Barack Obama ordered wiretapping on his campaign.

Trump said he didn’t really mean wiretapping because he tweeted it with quotation marks, and he was actually referring to the concept of surveillance more broadly, two lines of defense that administration officials have also employed

“When I said wiretapping, it was in quotes,” he said. “Because a wiretapping is, you know, today it is different than wire tapping. It is just a good description. But wiretapping was in quotes. What I’m talking about is surveillance.”

Terrible! Just found out that Obama had my “wires tapped” in Trump Tower just before the victory. Nothing found. This is McCarthyism!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 4, 2017

Is it legal for a sitting President to be “wire tapping” a race for president prior to an election? Turned down by court earlier. A NEW LOW!

How low has President Obama gone to tapp my phones during the very sacred election process. This is Nixon/Watergate. Bad (or sick) guy!

He still thinks he will be “proved right” on his unfounded claim that 3-5 million people voted illegally .

“Well, now if you take a look at the votes, when I say that, I mean mostly they register wrong,” he said of his assertion. “In other words, for the votes, they register incorrectly, and/or illegally. And they then vote. You have tremendous numbers of people. In fact I’m forming a committee on it.”

There has been no evidence of the widespread voter fraud that Trump alleges. And while Trump has pledged to conduct “a major investigation” into the issue, The Huffington Post’s Sam Levine found that no state election officials have been contacted about the investigation .

But Trump said on Wednesday that he is still focused on this “very serious problem,” claiming — again, without evidence — that the number of illegal votes may be even higher.

“We’ll see after the committee. I have people say it was more than that,” he said. “We will see after we have. But there will be, we are forming a committee. And we are going to do a study on it, a very serious problem.”

“I inherited a mess with jobs, despite the statistics,” he said. “You know, my statistics are even better, but they are not the real statistics, because you have millions of people that can’t get a job, OK.”

During his campaign, Trump repeatedly claimed that the U.S. government’s unemployment statistics were “phony” and that the real statistics were much higher.

“Don’t believe those phony numbers when you hear 4.9 and 5 percent unemployment,” Trump said  last February. “The number’s probably 28, 29, as high as 35. In fact, I even heard recently 42 percent.”

As HuffPost’s Arthur Delaney has noted:

Trump could have pointed to other aspects of the government’s data that suggested the labor market hasn’t fully recovered from the Great Recession, but instead of going for a subtle argument, he preferred to attack the headline number as dishonest.

If the number were a hoax, it would necessitate a conspiracy involving hundreds of civil servants. No such conspiracy has ever been uncovered. 

Trump insists he’s right and that voters should trust him because he is ‘an instinctual person’ who ‘knows how life works.’

When Time asked whether he is concerned about his credibility when he makes unfounded claims, he insisted that they were correct claims.

“Name what’s wrong! I mean, honestly,” he said.

He also boasted about being able to predict, among other things, his victory in the election, the British vote to exit Europe  and various terrorist attacks, including one in Sweden that never actually happened .

“I’m a very instinctual person, but my instinct turns out to be right. When everyone said I wasn’t going to win the election, I said, ‘Well, I think I would,” he told Time. This was one of several instances during the interview when he brought up the election, unprompted. (He also incorrectly stated how many electoral votes he won. He won 304 .)

“You take a look and guess what, I won, and I won easily,” he said later. “I predicted Brexit. Remember they said there was no way to get to 270? Well, I ended up at 306. I had election night, 306. But there was no way to get to, in fact I went to Maine four times, four times I went to Maine, because I had to get one vote, because there was no way to get to 270, but I ended up getting to 306. Brexit, I predicted Brexit, you remember that, the day before the event. I said, ‘No, Brexit is going to happen,’ and everybody laughed, and Brexit happened. Many, many things. They turn out to be right.”

And he insists everything is fine because he became president.

“I can’t be doing so badly, because I’m president, and you’re not.”

Read the full interview here .

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   A. Macarthur    7 years ago

This is a list of the traits of people with character disorders. We should work on overcoming these attributes and avoid people who posses many of them.

Particularly if they happen to be the POTUS 

1. Emotional immaturity. Behavior is not age appropriate.

2. Self-centeredness. He comes first and foremost. Is insincere about real interest in other people.

3. Little if any remorse for mistakes.

4. Poor judgment.

5. Unreliability, undependability, irresponsibility.

6. Inability to profit from experience - does not learn a lesson from making mistakes.

7. Inability to postpone immediate gratification - what he wants, he wants now. Impulsive and demanding.

8. Conflict with, or defiance of, authority.

9. Lack of appreciation for the consequences of his actions.

10. Tendency to project his own shortcomings on to the world about him - frequent blaming. Never at fault.

11. Little if any conscience.

12. Behavior develops little sense of direction - often uninfluenced by concepts of right and wrong.

13. Gives lip service to professed values and beliefs.

14. Often involved with illegal or unethical acts.

15. Shallow interpersonal skills - inability to experience and verbalize deep feelings and emotions. Often insensitive to the needs and feelings of others. Cannot identify with how others feel.

16. Ability to put up a good ‘front' to impress and exploit others.

17. Low stress tolerance with explosive behavior.

18. Can ‘con' to get what he wants to meet his needs, often at the expense of others. The   behavior is highly repetitious and many people are used.

19. Sees others as pawns on the chess board. Maneuvers people around for his own purposes. When done with them,  they are ‘checkmated' or rejected.

20. Ready rationalization - rarely at a loss for words - twists conversation to divorce himself from responsibility. When he  is trapped, he just keeps talking or changes the subject, or gets angry.

21. Incapable of maintaining genuine loyalties to any person, group, or code.

22. Chronic lying.

23. ‘Chip on shoulder' attitude - cocky and arrogant.

24. Cancels commitments without sound reason or warning.

25. A taker--not a giver. Gives for show but expects something in return.

26. Glimpses of integrity and emotion are seen - but short lived. Gives you hope he's changing, but returns soon to deviant  behavior.

27. Lives life of avoiding responsibility vs. getting the job done.

28. Sexually curious or active. Places great importance on his sexual abilities. Female sexual   partner often feels used and demanded of.

29. Lacks well-defined values.

30. Comes across initially as caring and understanding and reads others ‘like a book' because he makes his business knowing how to maneuver people.

31. In a trust relationship, inevitably betrays and violates the commitments and gets blocked emotionally when gets too close to those he says he loves.

32. Angry mood most of the time.

33. Uses sex to control, cover his insecurity or make up after a fight.

34. Has no concept of open sharing of ideas, feelings, emotions. Conversation goes per his direction. He has the last word always. He determines how, when, where we talk, and about what he wants to talk about.

35. Can show real tenderness of feeling, then return to customary behaviors. Two (or more) vastly different sides to his personality are seen.

36. Is very slow to forgive others. Hangs onto resentment.

37. Excessively concerned with personal appearance, e.g., hair, weight, type of car driven, clothes, having money to flash, career dreaming.

38. Seems to enjoy disturbing others. Likes to agitate and disrupt for no apparent reason.

39. He never seems to get enough of what he wants. He leaves others drained and confused.

40. Others get upset when in his presence. There's a feeling of guardedness, caution, and suspicion that he creates in others.

41. Moody - switches from nice guy to anger without much provocation.

42. Repeatedly fails to honor financial obligations. Does not pay the bills in a responsible and timely way.

43. Unable to sustain a totally faithful relationship with loved one of the opposite sex. Flirtatious, overly friendly. Makes inappropriate sexual comments to/about other women.

44. Seldom expresses appreciation. Again, is thinking of his needs vs. needs of others.

45. Grandiose. Convinced that he knows more than other people and is correct and right in almost all he says and does.

46. Clueless as to how he comes across to others and to how he is viewed. Gets defensive when confronted with his behavior. Never his fault. May be apologetic and seem sincere but soon repeats offensive behavior without appearing to have learned from it.

47. Motive for behavior is usually self-serving and he does not recognize it.

48. Can get very emotional, even tearful, but behavior is more about show or frustration rather than contrition or sorrow.

49. He breaks women's spirits to keep them dependent.

50. Survives on threats, intimidation to keep others chained to him.

51. Sabotages anything that makes his spouse/girlfriend happy. Wants her to be happy only through him and to have few/no outside interests/friends/family.

52. Highly contradictory. He loves me, he hates me. He threatens me with poverty, then indulges me or our relationship.

53. He is always working somebody over - either subtly or aggressively for a favor, deal, break, freebie, discount, etc.

54. Double standard. He is free to do his thing, but expects others to be what he wants them  to be/do. He doesn't let others be themselves.

55. Convincing. Successful at getting other people to believe in his perception of a problem. Is adamant that people side with him vs. allowing them to feel/believe differently.

56. Scorns everyone/everything that he disagrees with. Does not allow for differences to be respected. Scorns the responsible world.

57. Difficult to pin him down to a certain level of integrity that you can live with. Resists all efforts to define his values, behaviors, standards.

58. Kind to you usually only if he's getting from you what he wants.

59. He has to be right. He has to win. He has to look good.

60. He announces, not discusses. He tells, not asks.

61. He does not discuss openly before hand. You get to deal with "after the fact" information.

62. Controls money of others but spends freely on himself and others.

63. You end up feeling responsible for the problem. He gets to your feelings. No matter what, he wins, you lose.

64. He wins at the expense of your feelings. Thinks only of the end result without considering your feelings, needs in the process.

65. Attitude of "I"ll meet your needs if you meet mine. If you don't, I'll find someone else who will or I will not meets yours".

66. Unilateral condition of, "I'm OK and justified so I don't need to hear your position or ideas"

67. Does not take responsibility for his behavior.

68. The hurt he describes is because he got caught or he's mad that you're mad, and not because he believes he made a mistake.

69. Always feels misunderstood.

70. Most of the time you feel miserable living with this person. When it's good you relish the peace but that is usually short lived. He is so skilled at making a mountain out of a molehill   and you become so tired of the conflict. It drains all of your energy, love, and hope.

71. Is usually through listening once he's made his arguments.

72. We talk about his feelings, not mine.

73. Unchallenged by people because they seem to be put off by him, afraid of him or he eludes them.

74. Is not interested in problem-solving openly.

75. Seems very interested in discerning personalities so that he can strategize how to manipulate them.

Dr. J. Kent Griffiths

After reading the list, I suggest that some of the comments to follow …

On second thought …

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  A. Macarthur   7 years ago

The traits all stand out to me as being a YUGE warning signal to America.  Why do some people not see these at all?

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     7 years ago

The title of the article would be funny if he didn't actually believe that he can rule American like a corporation.