╌>

Rep. Maxine Waters: Trump and O’Reilly Should Be Arrested

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  spikegary  •  7 years ago  •  9 comments

Rep. Maxine Waters: Trump and O’Reilly Should Be Arrested

Source

Congresswoman Maxine Waters on Wednesday night said that Fox News host Bill O'Reilly and President Donald Trump should be locked up for alleged sexual harassment.

In an appearance on MSNBC's "All in with Chris Hayes," Waters — who has not been quiet about her disdain for President Donald Trump — said O'Reilly should be arrested for alleged sexual harassment against coworkers and explained her distrust of the Trump administration's foreign policy.

"They need to go to jail," Waters, D-Calif., said in reference to the president and the people who perpetuated an alleged "sexual harassment enterprise" at Fox News. "Bill O'Reilly needs to go to jail."

Trump's defense of O'Reilly was problematic, according to Waters, especially in light of the controversy the president faced during the campaign.

"It's coming out of the mouth of someone who has said some terrible things about women," Waters said. "Don't forget he talked about grabbing women in the private parts and because he was important he could get away with it."

"They are two of a kind," she added. "I'm not surprised."

"It's all catching up with Bill O'Reilly and that sexual harassment enterprise at Fox [News]," she said in reference to the dozens of advertisers who have said they will not buy spots during his show "The O'Reilly Factor."

She also told Hayes that she was concerned about what the president might be telling foreign leaders, as well as his perceived lack of knowledge about international affairs.

"I don't really want him speaking for the United States," she said.

Waters later elaborated that she would like some foreign affairs experts to "reign in" the president, who she believes is not knowledgeable enough for diplomacy.

"I wish our foreign affairs experts could get his ear and tell him to shut up and just stop it," she said.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
link   seeder  Spikegary    7 years ago

Someone should teach Maxine the laws of the United States and how they work.  Oh wait, she's a Congresswoman.  Shouldn't she know how laws are applied?

Just another example of her lifelong foot-in-mouth disease.

I've never watched O'Reilly and don't plan to start.

Also, she doesn't want President Trump speaking for the United States?  Luckily, that's another choice this idiot doesn't get to make.  Talk about voter apathy....they keep sending this brain dead moron back to congress.

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov    7 years ago

It's always sad to see senility overcome someone.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
link   1ofmany  replied to  Cerenkov   7 years ago

She was born senile. If she had any sense, she would pull that wig over her face and run out of the room. 

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov  replied to  1ofmany   7 years ago

Imagine the idiots that keep voting for her...

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ    7 years ago

Maxine Waters is part of the reason the PC has gone awry in America.  But she is also representing constituents who apparently like how she responds to situations.  I would liken it to one of the right's problem children Allen West. 

As far as Trump supporting his friend on the sexual assault allegations.  I believe him when he says he doesn't think O'Reilly has done anything wrong.  Trump doesn't believe it's wrong to grab pussies or prey on women so of course he doesn't think that what O'Reilly is accused of doing is wrong.  This is what some men in powerful positions feel. 

I'm also not surprised that the story's focus of outrage is on the silly response by Maxine Waters rather than the disturbing response from Donald Trump. 

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
link   seeder  Spikegary  replied to  PJ   7 years ago

Maxine Waters only seems to open her mouth to change feet.   What criminal act should they both be arrested for?  I mean per the honorable representative?  For being crude?  Will O'Reilly suffer civil penalties?  Sure, if proven that he did wrong, he should be forced to pay-though we live in a country in which you are innocent until proven guilty, a lesser burden in a civil case, but these folks will all get their day in court.  But arrest them?  That's an incredibly stupid statement form one of the 435 congressional leaders in this country-and people are stupid enough to keep sending her back?

Once again, voter apathy.

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ  replied to  Spikegary   7 years ago

That's an incredibly stupid statement form one of the 435 congressional leaders

Our President says many more ridiculously stupid things as well as telling out and out lies practically every single day.  His words could have far more serious consequences then a washed up Maxine Waters. 

Jonathan P
Sophomore Silent
link   Jonathan P    7 years ago

This reminds me of people who sit in front of the television, and talk back to the news anchor as they give the news.