╌>

Is Hillary still the Secretary of State ?!

Category:  World News

Via:  petey-coober  •  7 years ago  •  11 comments

I'm only inquiring about this because she seems to still have an influence on foreign affairs . No I'm NOT making this up . Here is a very recent news item for reference [from Thursday] :
LINK :
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-people-hillary-clinton-idUSKBN179058

Brief excerpts :

Hillary Clinton calls for U.S. to bomb Syrian air fields
Asked whether she now believes that failing to take a tougher stand against Syria was her worst foreign policy mistake as secretary of state under President Barack Obama, Clinton said she favored more aggressive action against Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.

"I think we should have been more willing to confront Assad," Clinton said in the interview, conducted by New York Times columnist Nicholas Kristof.
"I really believe we should have and still should take out his air fields and prevent him from being able to use them to bomb innocent people and drop sarin gas on them."

Clinton noted that she had advocated for a no-fly zone in Syria after leaving government, something that Obama opposed.

====
And there you have it . She talks like someone who still has SoS responsibilities . Apparently Trump listened !

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent
link   seeder  Petey Coober    7 years ago

Hillary advocated for going even more aggressively than Trump's current actions . Where would events be  if she were POTUS ? I expect a worse entanglement than we are currently in ...

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent

We still have no news about the Bernie Sanders reactions to recent events . Does anyone have that info ?

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent

Here is the latest news I could find about damages from the airstrike :

Apparently as many as 20 Syrian aircraft were "destroyed" . That is a substantial amount of damage ...

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ  replied to  Petey Coober   7 years ago

I don't believe it.  This is a ploy concocted by Putin to give Trump a pretend situation that allows him to act as though he is taking a stand against Russia since the sane people in America are quite certain he is a Russian Alt Right plant in the White House.

This is "fake news".

Good to see you posting again Petey.  Big hugs

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent
link   seeder  Petey Coober  replied to  PJ   7 years ago

Is there a reason why you are only talking about your "beliefs" ? If you want to convince others you need hard evidence ... like that Reuters article I linked to . Got any ?

BTW how was your trip to Israel ?

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ  replied to  Petey Coober   7 years ago

Is there a reason why you are only talking about your "beliefs" ? If you want to convince others you need hard evidence ... like that Reuters article I linked to . Got any ?

BTW how was your trip to Israel ?

Hi Petey!  I've been sooooo busy and just getting around to your note.  

Of course there's a reason I'm only talking about my beliefs.......my beliefs are very important and generally spot on.  hahahaha

Just kidding.  I think we're still learning the impact of Trump's decision to go and bomb practically........... nothing thanks to his advising those he was attacking that he was getting ready to attack them.  So much for his strategy of not telling the enemy what he's going to do.

My trip to Israel was incredible.  I learned a great deal but would have to go back many more times to really absorb the history of the country and it's people.  One of my best trips so far.  

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov  replied to  PJ   7 years ago

You need more tin foil.

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent

More news on this topic : A survey of the global reactions to the Trump strikes [presented in map form]

link :

As you can see the reaction is mostly positive , the exceptions being Russia & Iran ...