Berzerkeley Brawl

xxjefferson51
By:  @xxjefferson51, one month ago
Comments: 59 ..

Tags

Last Saturday, a violent brawl broke out in Berkeley, California for the third time this year. The “Anti-Fa” attempted to break up a pro-free speech rally organized by Bay Area activist Rich Black. Previously, Anti-Fa succeeded in shutting down a scheduled speech by Milo Yiannopoulos, and in disrupting a free speech rally held to support Milo's right to free speech.

This time, things didn't work out so well for the Anti-Fa. The Anti-Fa were outnumbered and outmuscled by a motley collection of pro-free speech liberals, mainstream conservatives, “Oath Keepers,” bikers, alt-lite conspiracy theorists, and hardcore alt-right white nationalists.

Things went especially bad for one particular Anti-Fa. Standing 5'1” and weighing 98 pounds, Louise Rosealma decided to join her fellow Anti-Fa on the front lines of the melee. Things went about as well as you would expect. She received a concussion after being punched in the face by Nathan Damigo, an ex-con and prominent white nationalist.

You can call me old-fashioned, or you can call me a mangina, but I don't relish watching 98-lb. girls getting slugged in the face. Still, the Anti-Fa showed up looking for a fight; they had every intent to use violence to disrupt the march. Louise Rosealma chose to follow the men into a street brawl; turns out that was a dumb choice.

To understand what drew this diverse group together, you need to understand the political climate in Northern California. Jonah Goldberg compared being a conservative in Manhattan to being a Christian in pagan Rome; northern California isn't that different from Manhattan. While we haven't reached the point where conservatives are being mauled by wild beasts in front of cheering crowds at Giants Stadium, Northern California is not a hospitable place for conservatives.

Brendan Eich was fired for holding the same opinion on gay marriage as president Obama and a majority of California voters. In order to comply with California's ever-expanding “assault weapons” ban, gun makers created such bizarre devices as featureless rifles and bullet buttons. California gun owners must now undergo a background check every time they want to purchase ammunition.

When my uncle attended a pro-life rally in the Sacramento area, passing motorists rolled down their windows to hurl insults and occasionally blunt objects. Following the passage of Proposition Eight, supporters of gay marriage attacked Mormon churches to punish them for supporting the proposition.

It should also be pointed out that the hyperprogressive municipalities Oakland and Berkeley have a history of tolerating and condoning violent and lawless behavior by left-wing thugs. After Johanese Meserle was convicted of manslaughter for shooting Oscar Grant, rioters trashed downtown Oakland. Of the one hundred and twenty people arrested, prosecutors charged two.

Conservatives in California, particularly in places like Berkeley, feel like they are under siege. They face ostracism and even physical violence for their beliefs. Worse, conservatives face elected officials who are openly hostile to conservativism, and indulgent of far-left political violence. Given this situation, when fringe extremists offer to defend conservatives from violent left-wing thugs, they're reluctant to turn down the help.

For both moral and political reasons, mainstream conservatives should oppose the infiltration of conservatism by extremist groups; frankly, some people both deserve and demand a moral quarantine. Unfortunately, that case gets harder and harder to make, when the left refuses to control their sides’ nuts.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2017/04/berzerkeley_brawl.html#ixzz4em01LemM
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook
Flagging unavailable
DF
link 04/20/17 09:07:54AM @df:

I do think that from San Francisco down to the Mexican boarder should be a different country. Cut off from the US by a boarder wall. cut off from the waters of different states and Northern California water sources.  Let their tourism support them.  Let the New Countries government pay for everything for every one. let them live in the biggest echo chamber that is man made.  I think it would also see a mass reduction of people as all US government facilities would have to leave, all the Air Bases All the Marine Corps and Navy bases All the Army bases all the Coast Guard Bases, and all the dependents and government workers.  Plus all the conservatives.  Yup one big sink hole on the left coast invaded by every country that wants it. Including the Cartels.  They just may get what they wish for. and then regret it.

Flagging unavailable

The_Jewel
link 04/20/17 09:28:25AM @the-jewel:

It's a hostile environment for sure.  Lefites have become unhinged here.  I see with long term friendships ending.  Social Media hostility of course.  It's entirely knee herk now.  You with us or against us attitutudes.  Attack, attack, attack mentality.  The aggression is over the top.  Clearly these people are mental.  We see plenty of it here. 

There is simply no middle ground anymore.  Those of us who lean Libertarian used to be able to navigate both worlds such as we do in our marriages to center left types.  The center left is being radicalized.  It's not going to end well I fear.

Flagging unavailable

XXJefferson#51
link 04/20/17 10:20:48AM @xxjefferson51:

Just from SF to LA and only along the coast.  The inland counties, inland empire, along with Orange and San Diego are ok.  

Flagging unavailable

The_Jewel
link 04/20/17 02:44:01PM @the-jewel:

San Diego is changing but San Fran Freako is clearly radicalized as has been for some time.

Flagging unavailable

XXJefferson#51
link 04/20/17 04:37:30PM @xxjefferson51:

While I want Jefferson I'd be willing to settle for an east-west split with Orange, San Diego, and Del Norte being in the east and the inland Bay Area counties in the west.  We'd then have still a very deep blue state and a purple one.  

Flagging unavailable

TTGA
link 04/20/17 09:56:32PM @ttga:

Jeff,

How about the State of Superior instead (if there was a way to make a living there, I'd move).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9t0p7aNk

Flagging unavailable

jwc2blue
link 04/20/17 09:46:07AM @jwc2blue:

Fake news

Flagging unavailable

Cerenkov
link 04/20/17 10:33:31AM @cerenkov:

Trolling

Flagging unavailable

Dean Moriarty
link 04/20/17 09:55:18AM @dean-moriarty:

Things worked out just fine. The leftists came looking for a beat down and got what they were looking for. 

Flagging unavailable

Cerenkov
link 04/20/17 10:34:11AM @cerenkov:

Very satisfying. Anti-fa is actually pro-fascist.

Flagging unavailable

XXJefferson#51
link 04/20/17 11:37:34AM @xxjefferson51:

.Then the left created fake news blaming conservatives for LW violence simply because they were there in progressive majority areas as if the lefties couldn't tolerate a diversity of opinion expressed around them.

Flagging unavailable

1ofmany
link 04/20/17 11:22:36PM @1ofmany:

You can call me old-fashioned, or you can call me a mangina, but I don't relish watching 98-lb. girls getting slugged in the face. Still, the Anti-Fa showed up looking for a fight; they had every intent to use violence to disrupt the march. Louise Rosealma chose to follow the men into a street brawl; turns out that was a dumb choice.

If she enters a brawl to fight like a man, then she should expect to get hit like one. 

Flagging unavailable

Cerenkov
link 04/21/17 08:52:17AM @cerenkov:

If you join a premeditated violent riot, you should expect to get hurt. Too bad.

Flagging unavailable

Spikegary
link 04/21/17 01:07:12PM @spikegary:

I saw a storyline where she was dropping M-80s into the glass jars she was throwing-which would cause fragmentation damage.  Can't be positive that it is true, but that's allegedly why the guy took her out.

Flagging unavailable

Randy
link 04/20/17 11:36:34PM @randy:

When it comes to a man hitting a woman, only a coward and a pussy does so. No matter what the reason. So said my late father and I still believe he was right.

Besides, both sides were equally as guilty for the fight. Both sides. Equally.

Flagging unavailable

1ofmany
link 04/20/17 11:43:19PM @1ofmany:

If a woman wants to be treated like a woman, then she should act like one. If she doesnt what to get hit, then she should keep her stupid ass out of the fight. 

Flagging unavailable

Randy
link 04/21/17 02:37:03AM @randy:

There is no excuse for hitting a woman. None. Ever. No matter. what. No gentleman will do so. No real man will do so. Only a wife beater or woman abuser will do so or accept it as acceptable behavior. No matter what a woman does. Ever. Even if it means the man losing his life. Any man who hits a woman is a coward and a pussy. Always! It is always inexcusable. Always. There is no acceptable explanation for it and no forgiveness for it. If you find one excuse to do it then you will find other excuses and then you will become a woman beater. Always! Period.

Flagging unavailable

Cerenkov
link 04/21/17 08:51:04AM @cerenkov:

That sounds sexist.

Flagging unavailable

1ofmany
link 04/21/17 09:04:30AM @1ofmany:

Sorry, but I completely disagree. This is about women taking responsibility for their actions not about men abusing women. Women can't have it both ways. Either they want to be treated as women or they want to be treated equally and take the consequences. If they're on the police force or in combat, then they'll be hit and shot just like the men will. In this case, the woman dressed up to fight just like a man and entered a brawl with men. She got knocked on her ass. I don't have any more sympathy for her than I do for anybody else who got hit. If she can't take a shot, then she should keep her stupid ass out of the fight. Period.

Flagging unavailable

DF
link 04/21/17 12:24:39PM @df:

I also disagree, if a woman throws a punch at a man or anyone for that matter she should expect to get punched back.  Unless of course she is a professional and can knock some one out with one punch.  You purposely go into the fracus, you should expect the same treatment you dish out. that my friends is equality for both sexes.

Flagging unavailable

Dean Moriarty
link 04/21/17 12:30:21PM @dean-moriarty:

And with all these Rupaul gender benders running around you don't always have time to reach down there and see if they're doing the tuck under. 

Flagging unavailable

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
link 04/21/17 01:37:32PM @sister-mary-agnes-ample-bottom:

I also disagree, if a woman throws a punch at a man or anyone for that matter she should expect to get punched back.

Spoken like an officer and a gentleman. 

She's 5'1" and weighs 98 pounds.  She didn't hit that man, he sucker-punched her, and then ran away into the crowd like a little girl.  To her credit, Ms. Rosealma said in an interview that she knew what she was getting into, and even though she was sucker-punched, had no right to complain. 

The guy that sucker-punched her, Nathan Damigo, is a swell guy in his own right.  From the San Diego Union-Tribune:

In November 2007, he (Damigo) had been home for a month after his second tour of duty and was suffering from severe post-traumatic stress disorder, drug and alcohol abuse and paranoia, according to San Diego County court records.

A few days after the anniversary of a friend's combat death, he spent the night drinking and went for a walk with a gun.  He came across a cab driver, put the gun to his head and robbed him of $43, court records show.
He was convicted of armed robbery and spent a year in jail and four more years in prison.

Damigo told the Times that he started reading books about race and identity while in prison.  He was greatly influenced, he said, by My Awakening, the book by former KKK leader David Duke.

Did I mention that he was a Marine?   

Flagging unavailable

DF
link 04/21/17 02:18:56PM @df:

So what she asked for it by striking him he just answered in a manner she would understand.  If you strike me then you will get that same thing back.  No matter the size. inflicting injury was what was on her mind, only she got it.  

If a horse you are riding bites you, you bite it back, normally it stops the horse from biting.  A jackass kicks you, you smack it between the eyes and it won't kick you again.  a dog snarls and attempts to bite you and you grab it and bite it back, it won't bite you again.  Now tell me that woman do not use common sense when it comes to violence.

Sorry I am no Officer, I do not need congress to tell me I am a gentleman.  I also worked for a living in the Marines, unlike most officers.

Flagging unavailable

Dowser
link 04/21/17 02:21:49PM @dowser:

Gunny, dear friend, we all know that there are a few bad apples in every barrel.  I would say that the vast majority of marines don't suffer from PTSD and are good, decent, hard-working, gentlemen-- YOU included.  thumbs up

Flagging unavailable

DF
link 04/21/17 02:43:12PM @df:

Thats not the point and you know it.  But thanks for your considerate comment towards me.  This "lady" deserved what she got, she intentionally tried to cause damage to others and as a Marine this man was taking out the source of that that problem. SHE GOT WHAT SHE DESERVED.

Flagging unavailable

Randy
link 04/22/17 02:53:44AM @randy:

As a Veteran you were taught better then that Gunny. We disagree on many things, but as fellow Veterans we should not be disagreeing on this. No woman, none, who gets sucker punched, "Got what she deserved"! We were taught to treat women better then that! Even as Enlisted men we were taught more HONOR then that! ANY male Veteran, of any rank, who thinks that it's OK to sucker punch a woman or to hit a woman under ANY circumstance, shames all male Veterans. WE, of all people, know better! We, of all people, are better then that!

ANY male Veteran should have leapt to her defense and stopped the man who hit her! THAT is what a REAL MAN, a VETERAN of honor would have done! It's what I would have done and it's what you should have done if you had been there! NO POLITICS AND NO EXCUSES!

Flagging unavailable

Randy
link 04/22/17 03:07:21AM @randy:

And the man who hit her shamed the Marine Corp and, as far as I am concerned, surrendered his right to call himself a Marine, as he is no longer a real man. He may have been in the Corp, but he is no Marine any longer. He is a disgrace to the title of Veteran and of a Marine. FUCK THE PUSSY HE IS! PISS ON HIM! IT'S WHAT A COWARD LIKE HIM DESERVES BECAUSE THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT HE IS IS A RANK AND DISGUSTING COWARD AND SO IS ANYONE, ANYONE WHO TRIES TO DEFEND HIS INDEFENSIBLE ACTIONS!

Flagging unavailable

Randy
link 04/22/17 01:59:13AM @randy:

She's 5'1" and weighs 98 pounds.  She didn't hit that man, he sucker-punched her, and then ran away into the crowd like a little girl.

Exactly. She was not "asking for it" (which is the classic excuse of a wife beater). He spotted her, she was defenseless. SHE DID NOT STRIKE HIM!!! He sucker punched her and then ran away like a coward and a pussy who beats a woman does. What he did was 1st Degree Assault and he should be doing at least a year in jail for it. I would bet you my dogs that he beats his girlfriend or wife.

Flagging unavailable

sixpick
link 04/22/17 02:37:00AM @sixpick:

Did I mention that he was a Marine?  

Of course it looks like this guy was way too far into it.  I don't think any of us agree either side was completely not to blame for all this anarchy. 

I bet it will be a long time before she gets herself into a situation like this one again.  She's lucky.  She was just find in her interview, pretending to be like an innocent bystander.

She went there with the intentions of bringing back 100 Nazi scalps as she said on her Facebook. 

I don't believe in hitting a female either, but I certainly would if my life or someone else life was in danger if it could remove that danger.

I remember hearing this self described Liberal in an interview telling what he would do if someone broke into his home with him, his wife and children there.

He said he would take them upstairs and lock the bedroom door.  He was totally against guns by the way.

He was asked what would he do to protect his family if he intruder busted the door down and came into the room with a weapon.

He said he would stand in front of his family.

He was asked wouldn't he like to have a gun to protect his family and he said no, he didn't believe in guns.

Made me wonder what kind of idiot would think standing in front of his family with an intruder with intent on doing them harm was thinking?

This girl had been throwing bottles out into the crowd of people who weren't Antifa that day.  She's lucky a Marine put a stop to it.

Flagging unavailable

magnoliaave
link 04/21/17 01:49:43PM @magnoliaave:

I agree.... women can't have it both ways!  Men are expected to protect a woman.  Sure, under normal circumstances, but this woman put herself in the middle of a brawl and expected what? 

Flagging unavailable

Dowser
link 04/21/17 02:25:48PM @dowser:

She's 5'1" and weighs 98 pounds.  She didn't hit that man, he sucker-punched her, and then ran away into the crowd like a little girl.  To her credit, Ms. Rosealma said in an interview that she knew what she was getting into, and even though she was sucker-punched, had no right to complain. 

It sounds to me like she isn't asking for any special consideration...  Just an observation.

Flagging unavailable

DF
link 04/21/17 02:46:33PM @df:

What the real video shows is her hurling a glass jar with an M-80 inside, and then throwing a punch at him.  This is one thing the liberal media does not show.  I seen the action in a private phone video that was posted on line.  She got what she deserved, he then went to help some one else out as the video showed.

Flagging unavailable

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
link 04/21/17 06:28:37PM @sister-mary-agnes-ample-bottom:

What the real video shows is her hurling a glass jar with an M-80 inside, and then throwing a punch at him. I seen the action in a private phone video that was posted on line.

Could you post that here, or provide a link, please?

Flagging unavailable

Dean Moriarty
link 04/21/17 06:32:20PM @dean-moriarty:

IMG_0419.JPG

Flagging unavailable

Dean Moriarty
link 04/21/17 06:53:35PM @dean-moriarty:

IMG_0420.JPG

Flagging unavailable

DF
link 04/21/17 07:18:17PM @df:

Thank you Dean.  I cannot and do not know how to provide those links or post the videos.  And that video was posted by Reuters.  

Flagging unavailable

Randy
link 04/22/17 02:01:37AM @randy:

The last video proves that it was a complete SUCKER PUNCH!

Flagging unavailable

sixpick
link 04/22/17 02:47:02AM @sixpick:

The last video proves that it was a complete SUCKER PUNCH!

Yes it was, wasn't it?  The photo was the first confrontation with the girl and the video was the second.  I guess she must have thrown a bottle that busted on someone's head close to this guy and he tried to do something about it and it didn't work, so he came back to finish the job.  And he did.

War is not pretty and there are no safe spaces for those who choose to attack people who are having a peaceful gathering, especially when you have people who are about fed up with this kind of crap.  This is something the government should stop, but it is California and Berkley, home of Free Speech or at least it use to be.

Flagging unavailable

sixpick
link 04/22/17 02:19:43AM @sixpick:

I looked at dozens of videos to make sure this wasn't a photo shop last night.  I also looked at a lot of photos of her and in the process saw a number of people who got hit by those bottles and rocks by those Antifa Marxists.

I was thinking maybe the photo of her with the bottle was photo shopped, but in the video she doesn't have the cap on and in the photo she does and there are other difference.  These were two different incidents.  There's one with her boyfriend picking up a bottle he evidently dropped.  These people were going after them because they had been identified as people who were throwing bottles and other things like M80's.

They just ran into a bunch who were not going to take it any more.  They got exactly what they deserved.  I also saw her giving an interview afterwards.  The fist in the forehead looked a lot worse than it actually was, because she had no sign of any bruising or anything and was so innocent.  Actually she looks a lot better clothed.

Some may feel a little different if you see the video with the blood gushing out of the innocent man's head who was only trying to talk peace to a group of people.

Flagging unavailable

The_Jewel
link 04/21/17 03:09:30PM @the-jewel:

My Dad drilled with that ethos.  So I had to resort to other means of retaliation.  Mostly physical restraint.

Flagging unavailable

Randy
link 04/22/17 02:11:42AM @randy:

That's what my dad taught. Restrain a woman if she is violent. Or get away from her. That keeps you and her safe and you out of jail.

He said if you come up with one excuse to hit one woman one time, then eventually you will find an excuse to hit any woman any time. I also stand by my training in the USAF that this is simply not how we treated WAF's (yes, they were still called that when I joined, though not when I was discharged) OR ANY WOMAN UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE. PERIOD! I can not think of ANY male Veteran who would consider it acceptable behavior! We were taught better then that! We were taught more HONOR then that! It is always inexcusable! Always! That's what we we were taught! I believe that teaching! ANY male Veteran who believes that hitting a woman under any circumstances should hang their head in shame because they shame us all!

It is a violation of the UCMJ that can get you a Bad Conduct Discharge (which is what you deserve), or if you had a very good lawyer (and there were some good ones in the AF) you might get a General Discharge and deservedly so! I do not hit women because I have too much pride in myself as a man. Hitting a woman lowers yourself from being a man to being an animal and not deserving of any respect at all and in fact deserving of being thought of as a coward. No matter what the circumstances are!

Flagging unavailable

sixpick
link 04/22/17 03:01:18AM @sixpick:

Randy, I don't think anyone is going to disagree with you about hitting women in general. 

Flagging unavailable

Randy
link 04/22/17 03:08:37AM @randy:

Gunny did and as a fellow Veteran that makes me want to puke! He shames ALL male veterans when he says that "She got what she deserved". It's nauseating!

Flagging unavailable

Cerenkov
link 04/22/17 10:02:43AM @cerenkov:

You think that throwing bottles and fireworks at people doesn't earn you a punch in the face? She earned it.

Flagging unavailable

1ofmany
link 04/22/17 10:28:16AM @1ofmany:

What's truly disgusting is that this pscho thinks it's perfectly fine to suppress speech with bricks and bottles. Maybe he should have done the same thing to her that she did to others and hit her in the face with a brick instead of a fist. She got off easy. If he had really hit her hard, she wouldn't have bounced back up.

Flagging unavailable

DF
link 04/22/17 02:00:09PM @df:

Tough shit,Randy I have my right to my opinion and it has nothing to do with other veterans.  You try and make it sound like you are taking on the woes of all veterans.  Hell you were only in the AF.  As I said and all VETERANS will agree, she has the right to protest, she DOES NOT have the right to protest violently as she did. so back off.  If I make you puke your not much of anything then.

Flagging unavailable

Randy
link 04/22/17 03:08:29PM @randy:

You do have a right to your opinion Gunny, but that doesn't make your right or a pride to the Corp or other Veterans for it for your opinion. Don't like my opinion? Then tough shit right back to you.

Flagging unavailable

DF
link 04/22/17 03:50:35PM @df:

Well most of us believe in equality which includes the fact of women.  They want equality and if that means that they want to fight with men and beat on men then a man has a right to strike back.  If you enter a rattlesnakes den and get bit who's fault is that. Same for a woman that goes around hitting men, it's their fault for getting hit back.  I don't think you will find many veterans that would agree with you, of course except AF veterans.  Even my dad a WWII NAVY veteran didn't believe in hitting women first, but if hit by them first then alls fair in love and war.

Flagging unavailable

1ofmany
link 04/22/17 08:42:30AM @1ofmany:

Your dad, like mine, grew up in an era when women were women and men were men. Women were the weaker sex and men protected them. Those days are gone. 

This woman wasn't attacked as an innocent bystander. Instead, she came prepared to jump into a brawl to fight like a man and injure other men if she could in any way available to her, including throwing rocks and bottles. If she hit me or a friend with a fucking brick (when I was simply protesting), then I'd knock her head off. She can't drop her gender when she attacks and then put it back on as a defense. She got what she deserved. 

Normally, I wouldn't hit a man with glasses because it could cause serious injury when the glasses shatter. However, if he hit me in the back of the head with a brick to injure me and then quickly put his glasses back on in the hopes that I won't strike a man with glasses (like in a three stooges skit), then he's going to get the shit knocked out of him glasses and all. 

Flagging unavailable

Petey Coober
link 04/20/17 11:51:05PM @petey-coober:

So your father was a sexist ?

Flagging unavailable

Randy
link 04/22/17 02:47:39AM @randy:

My father was a real man. I am sorry for you if yours was not.

Flagging unavailable

Petey Coober
link 04/22/17 03:13:33AM @petey-coober:

OK , your father was a real man . YOU are the sexist ...

Flagging unavailable

Randy
link 04/22/17 04:11:24AM @randy:

This one time I, with a nauseated stomach, lowered myself to respond to one of your posts. However please do not mistake the response in any way that I have raised you above the unspeakable disgusting way I think of a sub-creature such as yourself in any manner. Goodbye.

Flagging unavailable

Cerenkov
link 04/22/17 10:01:05AM @cerenkov:

Being a sexist doesn't make him a real man.

Flagging unavailable

XXJefferson#51
link 04/22/17 06:10:32PM @xxjefferson51:

It's time to take the pro Trump message to the inner core of every large city and teach the others there the meaning of the 1st amendment rights to free soeech, to petition government, even those urban city halls,and peaceably assemble.  We have that right and progressives need to respect it or face the consequences, even if it means they get arrested for disorderly conduct, disturbing the peace, assault and battery, resisting arrest or whatever.  If they don't like a rally or what's being said, they can create their own rally and have their say there.  No one has a free speech right to shout down others speech or to prevent others free speech from being heard.  

Flagging unavailable

Share This