╌>

Rediscovering wisdom of Founding Fathers

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  xxjefferson51  •  7 years ago  •  1 comments

Rediscovering wisdom of Founding Fathers
Kentucky and Arkansas have become the latest of more than a dozen states requiring high school social studies curricula to include material covered by the 100 questions asked on the naturalization exam, which includes questions about U.S. history, civics, and government.

"I hope this is a wake-up call," says attorney John Whitehead, president of Rutherford Institute. "I talk to people who graduate from law school in my summer intern program, and they can't even give me the five freedoms in the First Amendment."

Whitehead tells OneNewsNow it's ultimately up to parents to make sure the schools are doing an adequate job of teaching the material.

"I think parents should get together and form their own oversight committees," he says, "and make sure that they're teaching the Bill of Rights, they're teaching the Constitution, they're teaching real history and how government should work."

The new interest in the subject seems to be a bipartisan effort.

In many states, the bills are jointly introduced by Republicans and Democrats, according to The Associate Press. https://www.onenewsnow.com/education/2017/04/24/rediscovering-wisdom-of-founding-fathers

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51    7 years ago

This is a bit of good news we can all agree on.  All Americans should be knowledgeable when it comes to our founding fathers, their actions, and their writings.