╌>

Dems' leader spews profanity, zings pro-lifers

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  xxjefferson51  •  7 years ago  •  1 comments

Dems' leader spews profanity, zings pro-lifers
Perez effectively set up a litmus test for any Democratic candidate – they must be pro-abortion, he told The Huffington Post: "Every Democrat, like every American, should support a woman's right to make her own choices about her body and her health. That is not negotiable and should not change city by city or state by state."

Kristen Day, executive director of Democrats for Life of America, found that quite an alarming statement from the head of the Democratic National Committee.

"One day he's saying that we're the big-tent party," she notes, "and then [to] turn around the next day and institute an abortion litmus test and commit to going around the country and twisting people's arms to make them not pro-life anymore, [that] was just poor leadership."

That stance alone might be enough to drive from the party voters who otherwise might agree with many Democratic positions. But Perez has at least one other trait that is sure to offend more than a few Americans – his potty mouth:

Perez: "It's chaos, it's carnage. He's a [expletive] liar, that's what I say, pal. You're [expletive] right he's a liar. The Republican leadership doesn't give a [expletive] about people who are suffering. Let me be more polite because I just saw a young child in the audience."

Those comments made by Perez in Las Vegas over the weekend even have liberal commentators like CNN's John King disappointed:

King: "I think that's unnecessary. I think you can do it with manners, I really do. Passion's good, manner's good also."

McFarland
Dr. Alex McFarland, director for Christian worldview at North Greenville University in South Carolina, thinks perhaps Perez is trying to channel Democratic anger – or doesn't have a good enough vocabulary – or maybe just likes cussing.

"It's [getting] harder and harder to be heard," McFarland tells OneNewsNow. "There's a barrage of ads, there's media and imagery and just this incessant noise. And for that reason I think some people assume that to be heard you've got to resort to language that in any other era we would have said was inappropriate."

Many of those at the Las Vegas rally cheered Perez' profanity-laden tirade. McFarland says the willingness for people to do that is just one more sign the culture has lost its moral compass. https://www.onenewsnow.com/politics-govt/2017/04/25/dems-leader-spews-profanity-zings-pro-lifers

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51    7 years ago

Tom PerezIn what might be a sign that the Democrats are running as hard as they can to the left, DNC chairman Tom Perez is swearing – literally – to keep pro-lifers out of the party.