╌>

How Conservative States Should Handle Academia

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  xxjefferson51  •  7 years ago  •  91 comments

How Conservative States Should Handle Academia
Conservatives need to use the political power already in their hands to begin a grassroots transformation of academia. The totalitarian exclusion of Ann Coulter from a state university in California is one reminder of the need for reform. The grotesque of politically correct "science" recently paraded around Earth Day is another.

In fact, the Orwellian control of academia by the left virtually guarantees that tens of millions of young Americans will not only lack knowledge – that can be remedied by study and reflection – but have instead noxious stews of pseudo-knowledge percolating out of their ears and guiding (or rather misguiding) their whole lives.

There is precious little conservatives can do in places like the People's Republic of California. The so-called "Berkeley Free Speech Movement" of the early 1960s was a fraud from beginning to end. Nearly all the faculty and university administration comprised people who were radically leftist, and it was only the method of protest (screaming obscenities) that bothered anyone.

Ann Coulter would have been as unwelcome then at Berkeley as she is today – something conservative commentators were noting all through the 1960s, when almost never was a commencement speaker at any university a prominent conservative, and nearly all the commencement speakers were leftists.

Here is the opening for conservatives both to dramatically improve academic thought in America and to ameliorate the horrific treatment given conservatives in public universities. Gallup shows that conservatives outnumber liberals in 44 of the 50 states and are outnumbered in only 4 of the fifty states.

What is even more interesting is that out of the 25 states in which the conservative advantage over liberals is at least 15 percentage points, Republicans control the legislature in every single state, typically by lopsided margins. Moreover, Trump and his "deplorable" supporters carried every one of these 25 states except Virginia.

In fact, conservatives ought to be able to move on this issue in other states that have clear conservative advantages over liberals, have strong Republican legislative majorities, and went for Trump: Arizona, Florida, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Alaska, and Michigan.

How ought Republican state governments backed by strong conservative state voter pluralities to act? Hold state legislative committee hearings and similar investigative tools to determine the composition of the faculty in state universities both in that state and nationally. Explore examples of persecution of conservative students, student groups, and faculty in the state and nationally.

If half the states of the nation reported finding persistent intolerance toward conservatives and their ideals and presented some dramatic examples, that would put the left on the defensive. State governments could then create specific seats in state universities intended to balance – or try to balance – the grotesque imbalance in the state and nationally.

State legislatures could provide funding for specific research purposes like exploring alternative explanations for global warming and exploring whether global warming is real and exposing problems in the current leftist global warming theory. Science departments in state universities that fell dully in line with the left's cant need not receive funding (after all, these departments would have found nothing new), but those that did legitimate and valuable work in these areas could receive more funding.

States that found that conservative students nationally had almost no real options could even create new colleges for conservatives nationally who wished to learn in a friendly environment. Four or five such colleges could even become global magnets for sincere students of conservative opinions who wished to learn, study, and research in a non-punitive academic environment.

This would also create something these oppressed conservatives in academia desperately need: the chance for bright students to become professors and begin to create a conservative body roughly comparable to the number of conservatives in America – a sort of affirmative action for this hated minority in colleges.

State governments in conservative states have the power to do this and, by doing this, to really begin to transform America and to undo the long decades of totalitarian leftism on campuses – which is, perhaps, the single greatest obstacle to the revival of our nation.

Are there are state legislators or governors in Flyover Country with the guts and honor to pick up this banner and carry it into battle? If not – if all those in state government we think are our friends are simply smiling frauds – then we need to find new friends.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2017/04/how_conservative_states_should_handle_academia.html#ixzz4fQmZixOe
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51    7 years ago

It's time to protect our college students across America particularly in flyover red states from the abuse heaped upon them by left wing academia.  

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  XXJefferson51   7 years ago

I agree, the conservative man that attacked liberal female students with a machete in KY yesterday needs to be put down.

Crazy conservatives.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

Transylvania University is one of our top schools in the state.  More presidents have graduated from Centre and Transylvania universities than any other schools in the country.  I'm really sorry to hear this!

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
link   Spikegary  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

Anyone that attacks someone with a machete should be put down.  Trying to ascribe political meaning to that is an exercise in silliness.

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  Spikegary   7 years ago

Did you read the article Spike, the attacker made it a political.

From the article....

“A guy came in, banged something, a hatchet or an ax, on the table and said ‘the day of reckoning has come,’” witness Tristan Reynolds said. “He asked somebody what their political affiliation was, they said ‘Republican’ and the guy said ‘you are safe.’ And then I realized what was going on and started getting people out.”

How silly of me to think that this could be politically motivated.../s

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
link   Spikegary  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

Well, it could be more mental illness than anything-thinking it was okay to kill another human being over their political affiliation (outside of say, North Korea) smacks of mental illness.

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov  replied to  XXJefferson51   7 years ago

Leftwing terrorism cannot be normalized. 

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  Cerenkov   7 years ago

terrorism can't be normalized, no matter what kind...

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ    7 years ago

I'm becoming drunk off of all this goodness and Kumbaya promotions being highlighted in the articles posted by our resident Christian. 

I admit that I'm disturbed by this trend of shutting down freedom of speech.  On the other hand I see an opportunity or rather another reason why our country should be divided.  Since the right cannot seem to communicate unless they are preaching intolerance, hate, prejudice and suppression and the left cannot seem to simply walk away and honor a basic civil right it may be time for us to re-make America.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  PJ   7 years ago

Dividing America is a stupid idea.  It would be wrong to break up an exceptional nation that has the political and economic freedom we still have. We still live together as there would be substantial minorities of conservatives or liberals in a given area no matter how you draw the lines.  

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ  replied to  XXJefferson51   7 years ago

Dear X - Just in case you haven't been keeping up......we're no longer an exceptional nation and we hate each other.  It's just not working out anymore.  We've grown apart and we no longer want the same things.  The best thing we can do at this point is to go our separate ways.  I'm sorry X but I want a divorce.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide

And what state do you live in?  How are you going to divide it up if you got what you wanted?  Which counties go to each nation?  What about places that are close to 50/50?  We have a good idea how California, Oregon, and Washington state would split up.  What if a state tried to stay together and coerce its minority into staying with it?  What if states that are allied with a minority in another state try to help them?  Would the breakup be peaceful?  Did you think this through?

PJ
Masters Quiet

X- I didn't realize you cared this much about us staying together.  Maybe we can work things out.   

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide

Would we be exceptional if Hillary had won and dems took the senate?  Is your patriotism and love of country conditional on which side wins elections?  Why is it you and some like you want a breakup now when our side wasn't agitating for one in 2009-10?  

PJ
Masters Quiet

Why is it you and some like you want a breakup now when our side wasn't agitating for one in 2009-10?

X - I've already answered this question on this site a number of times.  Maybe you thought I was just kidding or "ranting" as you put it.  The reason that I'd be in favor of splitting up the country is simply because I have a very low regard for anyone who actually voted for Donald Trump.  I don't really want to offend anyone but the truth is I think they are stupid.  I just cannot comprehend anyone with some level of intelligence voting for this person.  

I have been saying since Trump was elected that women's rights were at risk.  Everyone pooh poohed me and said I was overreacting.  The other day Trump appointed Charmaine Yoest to an HHS leadership role.  She's an advocate AGAINST women's rights and healthcare.   She is so extreme in her pro life beliefs that she actually believes birth control is a form of murder against unborn children.  Let me say that again..... She believes BIRTH CONTROL is murder.  So don't tell me that women's rights are not under attack.

Yes, I want all the stupid people to live in their own little bubble where they can't force their beliefs on me and they can't take away my rights.  I don't care how we split up the country.  Split it in half for all I care and make every single Trump voter and supporter or sympathizer move to one side and the anti Trump, anti stupidity faction of people move to the other side.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   Hal A. Lujah  replied to  PJ   7 years ago

every single Trump voter and supporter or sympathizer move to one side 

Preferably the downwind side.

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
link   Dean Moriarty  replied to  PJ   7 years ago

It worked in Detroit. The liberals drove the conservatives out and then the liberal side turned into a ghetto and went bankrupt. 

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ  replied to  Dean Moriarty   7 years ago

Dean - I think there were other factors involved in why crime increased, i.e. unemployment.  But I hear what you're saying and have to agree there are some huge problems with some of the liberal policies.  We need to start asking at what point are we no longer helping by giving certain groups of people and sub populations advantages.  There is such a thing as creating an unfair advantage but more importantly we have to recognize when it is crippling people rather than helping.  Anyone who says that didn't play a part in why the Democrats lost big this past election cycle are just kidding themselves and are part of the problem.    

TTGA
Professor Silent
link   TTGA  replied to  PJ   7 years ago

Dean - I think there were other factors involved in why crime increased, i.e. unemployment.

PJ, when the conservatives left, they took the jobs with them.  Did you really think that workers create jobs?  Another example of ridiculous liberalthink.  Think hard about this; workers don't create jobs, government doesn't create anything at all, rich people create jobs, and they do so because they see a profit in doing so.  If you overtax them and discriminate against them, taking the profits away, they will take their wealth and go elsewhere.  They can do so relatively easily and have been doing so for the last 40 years as they've seen the economic climate moving leftward.  They clearly remember what happened to rich people who failed to leave Russia in the period between 1917 and 1925.

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ  replied to  TTGA   7 years ago

They clearly remember what happened to rich people who failed to leave Russia in the period between 1917 and 1925.

Well this is kind of an ironic statement since they hired Putin's puppet to run America.  

Did you get anything else out of my comment?  Anything?

I feel so bad for all those "rich" people.  You guys are incredible in your disregard for every day people and yet you claim to be one of the all them while praising and fighting for the rich to get richer.  Simply incredible.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide

How do we move peoples jobs and homes in an equitable manner?  The economic dislocation would cause a Great Depression.  You have stated clearly now that your live of country is conditional upon whether your side wins an election or not.  

PJ
Masters Quiet

You have stated clearly now that your live of country is conditional upon whether your side wins an election or not.  

X - No, I did not say my love of country is conditional on whether my team wins.  First, I'm quite capable of saying stupid things all by myself.  I don't need your help.  Second, how can anyone be invested in a country that doesn't love or value them?  I'm not valued here under this Administration or by Republicans unless I give up my rights to make decisions about my body.  This is how it started in some of the Islamic countries.  Women's rights were slowly taken away.  You won't be happy until I'm covered from head to toe and not allowed to speak unless spoken to.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide

" First, I'm quite capable of saying stupid things all by myself.  I don't need your help."                        No argument from me on that.  bow to you

PJ
Masters Quiet

Why X  - you do have a sense of humor.  :0)

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide

Of course I do....winking

TTGA
Professor Silent
link   TTGA  replied to  PJ   7 years ago

I'm not valued here under this Administration or by Republicans unless I give up my rights to make decisions about my body.

Which decisions would those be?  Could it possibly be that you want the absolute right to kill helpless babies.  A baby is a human being in its own right once its genetic pattern is different from its parents, no matter where its body happens to be.

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ  replied to  TTGA   7 years ago

Nice deflection.  Until YOU can conceive and give birth or are the guy who knocked me up you're opinion means to me .   The decision should be between the two who created the baby.  Not you or mike pence.  You're just another male  who has inferiority issues so you have this need to rule over women.  Maybe you should invest in one of those male enhancement devices.

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
link   Spikegary  replied to  PJ   7 years ago

Why did you attack ttga and make it personal?  He quoted you  and asked some questions.  Currently, the decision I the mother's decision, without any need to confer with the father.  I personally think it's abhorrent to take a life of a defenseless child.  I don't try to force those views on anyone, they are mine alone.

Answering with insults says you have nothing else to say to back up your position.

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ  replied to  Spikegary   7 years ago

Don't you have another trip to take.   TTTG is a big boy.  I'm confident he's quite capable of sticking up for himself.   

Spikegary
Junior Quiet

Well, If I had known how interested in my life you are, I would've forwarded you my schedule.  Well, maybe not. 

You attacking people because they have the temerity to disagree with you.  Nice.  Good to see that Lib intolerance rearing it's ugly head yet again.

PJ
Masters Quiet

I'm just worried that you'll come back to my area and leave us with rain again.

Yes, i am not tolerant with people who are anti woman and anyone who supports Trump in my mind is anti woman.  Perhaps if some of those Trump supporters would be a bit more vocal on supporting women's health and women's rights then I wouldn't be so "hysterical" about it as Cerenkov likes to describe me.  hahahaha

Spikegary
Junior Quiet

Yeah, the rain was even worse up here-Lake Ontario is a 'declared state of emergency' right now form the amounts of rain we've been getting and more on the way. 

Painting everyone with the same wide brush does discredit to your argument.  It would be easy to say that all Hillary supporters are criminals that use private servers to transfer classified material around government safeguards, but I don't because not everyone feels the same way for the same reason about any given subject.\

You still have your government job (unless you've retired), right?  No change there.  If you retired, you retired under your own free will.  You travel and have not been accosted by anyone, right?  (I mean besides those pesky TSA types, they accost everyone it seems).  What have you lost under this presidency that you had under the last?  You seem to exercise your freedom of speech.

Being scared, being watchful is not the same as having your rights taken away from you.

PJ
Masters Quiet

Okie dokie - it's good to know that it's all in my imagination.  I feel so much better

96WS6
Junior Quiet
link   96WS6  replied to  PJ   7 years ago

"Yes, I want all the stupid people to live in their own little bubble where they can't force their beliefs on me and they can't take away my rights.  I don't care how we split up the country.  Split it in half for all I care and make every single Trump voter and supporter or sympathizer move to one side and the anti Trump, anti stupidity faction of people move to the other side."

Extremely short sighted and foolish.    This type of statement is why you are grouped in the liberal camp.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   A. Macarthur  replied to  XXJefferson51   7 years ago

Dividing America is a stupid idea.  It would be wrong to break up an exceptional nation that has the political and economic freedom we still have. 

So sayeth the secessionist whose mentor lives in Russia.

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov  replied to  A. Macarthur   7 years ago

Weak attempt. Splitting a state is not breaking up the nation.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   A. Macarthur  replied to  Cerenkov   7 years ago

Weak attempt. Splitting a state is not breaking up the nation.

Splitting a state is splitting apart a portion of the nation and therefore a rejection of, among other things, the 10th Amendment.

Cerenkov
Professor Silent

When is Virginia going to be unified to support your view of the Constitution? 

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide

When is Virginia going to be unified to support your view of the Constitution? 

I can't wait for you to explain why Virginia is Constitutionally and Legally bifurcated into two separate states.

But let me get you started.

New States may be admitted by the Congress into this Union; but no new State shall be formed or erected within the Jurisdiction of any other State; nor any State be formed by the Junction of two or more States, or Parts of States, without the Consent of the Legislatures of the States concerned as well as of the Congress. [4]

Cerenkov
Professor Silent

So, no answer?

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide

You got an answer ... If you're too dense or too disingenuous to acknowledge it, it's on you.

Cerenkov
Professor Silent

You were wrong. You posted a false slur. Just grow up and admit it.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide

No explanation about Virginia and no acknowledgement of the process for statehood.

On top of which you accuse me of a slur.

Don't bother addressing me in the future and I will likewise pretend you don't exist.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  A. Macarthur   7 years ago

Maybe you could pretend all of us conservatives and our seeds and posts don't exist here.  I bow to you

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide

Maybe you could better defend your positions with something other than sarcastic cartoons and the oblique "you liberals are always picking on us conservatives."

For all the whining, stereotyping and demagoguery you boys bring to the table, it's no wonder you have such persecution issues.

If backing up the pronouncements and disparaging editorials you crap on the board has become too difficult, why not post an all emoticon article?

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide

We will yield the floor to you when it comes  senseless articles and c&p jobs on other people's seeds.  

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov  replied to  XXJefferson51   7 years ago

Well said. Some people are blind to their own hypocrisy. 

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide

Everything but defending your content; your entire seed is copied and pasted ... Talk about being blind to your own hypocrisy.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide

All seeds are cut and pasted with attribution to the source.  The issue here is cutting and pasting your own seeded article within my seed.   

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide

No ... The issue is your inability to defend your seeded article when counter information comes from a better source.

Arbitrarily finding  an "issue" to try and cover your bad information is disingenuous. Be it a seed within a seed or a viable rebuttal scrawled on a public toilet wall, how realities are conveyed is not the issue, debunking the crap you post by any/every correct means is the issue.ee

Posting pronouncements of lies, demagoguery, hatred, and, editorials masquerading as "reports" ... then having the gang bang squad swear to their veracity while tossing in a attack the messenger insult is what you boys do regularly.

Can't handle it ... don't throw the first grenade.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide

You are not the boss over us and will never have content control over what your ideological opponents seed here.  If you don't like mine, seed your own.  

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide

"You are not the boss of me"?

What are you ... An 8 year old?

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
link   Spikegary  replied to  A. Macarthur   7 years ago

inaccurate quote, Mac.,  Come on, you're better than that.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   A. Macarthur  replied to  Spikegary   7 years ago
It's axiomatic, things equal to the same thing are equal to each other. The "you're not the boss" comment was juvenile and not in the context of what it addressed. In short, it was defensive while also indefensible.

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
link   Spikegary  replied to  A. Macarthur   7 years ago

The only 'quoted' comment in your comment above mine.  Quotes mean exactly what is there, not what you think people are saying-changed words = misquote, unless those words were changed after you made the comment.

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov  replied to  Spikegary   7 years ago

He's squirming over another slur. He just can't man up...

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Cerenkov   7 years ago

And I'm well aware of the requirements to become a separate state.   We are waging our efforts within those rules as you well knew.  We will be suing the state of California over inadequate representation on Monday to augment our efforts within the counties, the state, and the federal government.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Cerenkov   7 years ago

And I'm well aware of the requirements to become a separate state.   We are waging our efforts within those rules as you well knew.  We will be suing the state of California over inadequate representation on Monday to augment our efforts within the counties, the state, and the federal government.  

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   A. Macarthur    7 years ago

In fact, the Orwellian control of academia by the left virtually guarantees that tens of millions of young Americans will not only lack knowledge – that can be remedied by study and reflection – but have instead noxious stews of pseudo-knowledge percolating out of their ears and guiding (or rather misguiding) their whole lives.

Should I explain the irony of this statement to XX, or, would that be the equivalent of metaphorically casting pearls, etc.?

“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.” 
―  Plato

Fermit The Krog
Freshman Silent
link   Fermit The Krog    7 years ago

I buy my camping supplies at Academia. Love that place.