╌>

Obama makes surprise visit to Jerusalem's Western Wall

Category:  History & Sociology

Via:  krishna  •  7 years ago  •  3 comments

Obama makes surprise visit to Jerusalem's Western Wall

A interesting moment in history:

Senator Barack Obama places a note in the Western Wall in Jerusalem's Old City

Jerusalem - July 24, 2008

Barack Obama  ended his trip to Israel this morning with a surprise visit to Jerusalem's Western Wall, before heading to Berlin.

Wearing a yarmulke, the Democratic candidate placed a prayer in the wall.

Yesterday Obama pledged his "unshakeable commitment to Israel's security," after a day of meetings with the country's most senior leaders and a helicopter flight into a town that has borne the brunt of rockets attacks from Gaza.

(LINK)

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Krishna    7 years ago

Obama said he would work for a peace deal. "Israelis desire a secure peace in which both they and the Palestinians can fulfil their legitimate aspirations: a strong secure state of Israel living alongside a viable and peaceful Palestinian state.

We must support Palestinian leaders who share this vision," he said, adding that he would begin work on negotiations as soon as he was elected.

On the subject of Iran, he tried to reassure Israelis. "I will take no options off the table in dealing with this potential Iranian threat," he said. "A nuclear Iran would be a game-changing situation not just in the Middle East but around the world."

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Krishna    7 years ago

I love seeding this!

Why?

Because it usually pisses off people from both the left and the right!

Heheheh!

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy    7 years ago

And at the Holocaust Memorial and Museum in Israel, Trump wrote in the guestbook: “It is a great honor to be here with all of my friends – so amazing + will never forget!”

Raoul Wootliff, a reporter for the right-wing Times of Israel, posted on Twitter, “He forgot: ‘See you next summer.’”

laughing dude