╌>

How Many Lies Have To Be Told Before We All Realize That Whatever Comes Out Of The Mouth Of Trump Is The Opposite Of The Truth?

Category:  News & Politics

By:  docphil  •  6 years ago  •  49 comments

How Many Lies Have To Be Told Before We All Realize That Whatever Comes Out Of The Mouth Of Trump Is The Opposite Of The Truth?

Big lies, little lies. Lies about politics, sex, Russia, his weight, and just about anything else has become de riguer for the current administration. We live in a country where the president lies about five and a half times every day. On some days, when he has to make a major speech like the state of the union, or when he undertakes an unfettered tweet storm, those five and a half lies can be exponentially raised. Overall, it is estimated that the President has lied almost 2500 times to the American people. This is enough that we can start thinking that whatever this man says, the opposite may be true.

Like I said, many of these lies are little lies. Some of the lies may even be excused as necessary for the national security. What many of this president's lies are, however, are contradictions of his own words or policies. They represent the problem with compulsive lying. When one lie builds upon another, sooner or later one lie will contradict another.

For those who doubt these words, allow me to list just sixteen of the lies that are provably false. These lies were made between December 29, 2017 and April 2, 2018. Each one has been verified by politifact, the New York Times, The Washington Post, the Chicago Tribune, or Time Magazine among others. They represent only a microcosm of the Trump lies over the past 14 weeks.

1:     "We have signed more legislation than anybody. We broke the record of Harry Truman."  {12/29/17}  THE TRUTH:   The                   Trump administration actually ranked last in this category

2:     "Diane Feinstein said there is no collusion."  {1/3/18}  THE TRUTH:    Feinstein actually said ".....collusion is an open                      question."

3.     "There is substantial evidence of widespread voter fraud." {1/4/18}    THE TRUTH:    Not only is there no evidence of                        widespread voter fraud, there is evidence of less than 50 cases of voter fraud out of 120 million votes cast.

4:     "In a government shutdown, what they are really doing is shutting down our military."  {{1/17/18} THE TRUTH:    Even in a           shutdown, core military operations remain totally operational

5:     "22 to 24 people came to the United States due to family connections with the subject in the October, 2017     New York City                  terror attack."   {1/24/18}   THE TRUTH:   There is no evidence that anyone with family connections to the terrorist came to            the USA under any family reunification law.

6:     "The ice caps were going to melt, they were going to be gone by now, but now they're setting records, so       okay, they're at a              record level."   {1/29/18}  THE TRUTH:   Completely against proven science  [politi-fact rates as Pants-on-Fire}

7:     "The immigration visa lottery randomly hands out green cards without any regard to skill, education or the safety of the                        American people."  {1/30/18}  THE TRUTH:   Those in the visa lottery are thoroughly vetted, meet education and work                      requirements

8:     "After years of wage stagnation, we are finally seeing rising wages for the first time."  {1/30/18} THE TRUTH:   Wage                       stagnation ended and started to rise under President Obama

9:     "I never said Russia did not meddle in the election."   {2/19/18}   THE TRUTH:   There are numerous speeches on video in               which the President said just that.

10:    "You take Pulse nightclub. If you had one person in the room that could carry a gun and know how to use it, it wouldn't have                 happened, or certainly to the extent it did."  {3/1/18} THE TRUTH:   There was an armed guard present inside Pulse

11:    "Democrats are nowhere to be found on DACA."   {3/8/18}   THE TRUTH:   Meetings, Bi-Partisan, and Democratic sponsored           bills on the issue strongly suggest otherwise.

12:    "The state of California is begging us to build a wall in certain areas. They don't tell you that."  {3/14/18}       THE TRUTH:               The state of California has filed a lawsuit to stop the building of the wall in all locations.

13:    "In Japan they take a bowling ball from 20 feet up in the air and drop it on the hood of the car. And if the    hood dents, then the           car doesn't qualify.....it's horrible, the way we're treated."    {3/15/18}  THE TRUTH:   The accusation has nothing to do with             the quality control procedures in Japan

14:    "Democratic obstruction is the reason why many important positions in government have not been filled."      {8/16/18}                         THE TRUTH:   Nominees have not been presented to Congress for approval for most open governmental positions. Fewer                 percentages of nominees have been presented than in any other administration.

15:    "Robert Mueller's investigative team has 13 hardened democrats, some big Crooked Hillary supporters, and    zero                               republicans."   {3/21/18}  THE TRUTH:   Not true. Voting history of investigators is not made public. Mueller himself is a                 registered republican. Mr. Trump is clearly overselling the alarm of partisan bias.

16:    "Only fools, or worse, are saying that our money losing Post Office makes money with Amazon. They lose a  fortune, and that               will be changed."  {4/2/18}  THE TRUTH:   The Post Office makes profits in the billions in their relationship with Amazon.               This comes from the latest audit of the Post Office.

Remember that this is just a sampling of the lies that can be attributed to the President of the United States. They are listed only as examples and as a starting point for discussion. The questions that I have include:

How can people support a president whose lying is pathological?

How many lies are being told that actual affect our national security that we are not hearing about?

Will our military act on commands based on provable lies?

How can people work in the west wing, knowing that they must lie every day in order to support the president?

I recognize that everyone lies. It is, for all humans, a way of protecting our self interests and well being. What we are seeing here is lying at an entirely new level. This is a presidency that lies when the truth might actually serve them better. It is a presidency that believes that they can fool some of the people all of the time and all of the people at least some of the time. It is a presidency that believes in the Goebbels' mantra that you can always win if you tell the big lie over and over.

What frightens me is that we are becoming inured to these lies and have come to expect them. It is no longer a big deal. The president can lie about everything I cited in this article and get away with it. He can lie about his relationships with women and get away with it. He can lie about Russia and get away with it. 

It's time that our tolerance for pathological lying stops. We as a people have to call the president out on his lies. We can't just say.....well that's Trump. That's what he does. When we do that we are enablers. We don't do that with our children. We certainly shouldn't enable our president.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
1  Bob Nelson    6 years ago

Trump said during the campaign that he could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot someone... and he wouldn't lose a single supporter. For once, he was absolutely right.

DocPhil
Sophomore Quiet
2  author  DocPhil    6 years ago

My apologies for the spacing problems in the posting......I'm not sure why it happened.

JBB
Professor Principal
2.1  JBB  replied to  DocPhil @2    6 years ago

It looks good now so either you fixed it or I don't know what. Thanks, btw, for your efforts to enlighten the good folks of The News Talkers. As for the not so good numb nuts in the right wing bubble, well, they never pay attention to anything related to the truth. I never heard tell of so many sidewindin no good scoundrels as some I have run into on-line round about these parts. It is as if they reside on Opposite World where dark is light and right is wrong. George Orwell must be smiling somewhere seeing as his literature has become manifest by The King of Vulgaria and his misbegotten crew of low down scalawags. swindlers, cutthroats and thieves who have somehow gained complete hand over our Republic. Thank goodness for those checks and balances we all heard tell of during elementary school social studies. Let's hope they are foolproof as we were told. Anyway, thanks again for providing us with much needed doses of reality seeing as all the bad news from Opposite World is not encouraging at all...

cjcold
Professor Quiet
2.2  cjcold  replied to  DocPhil @2    6 years ago

It's the content that counts. They are all verifiable facts contrary to what some of our fascist friends might claim.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
3  lady in black    6 years ago

So sad to see what the office of the President of the United States has been reduced to.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3.1  Greg Jones  replied to  lady in black @3    6 years ago

Can you imagine the horror and shock if Hillary had somehow stole the election??

Yet another pointless repetitive article about Trump. You'd think they would run out of material eventually.

DocPhil
Sophomore Quiet
3.1.1  author  DocPhil  replied to  Greg Jones @3.1    6 years ago

I was no lover of Hillary's politics, but please.......pray tell.....what would she have done to the presidency that Trump hasn't already destroyed?

cjcold
Professor Quiet
3.1.2  cjcold  replied to  Greg Jones @3.1    6 years ago

Since Trump is a compulsive liar it's likely we will never run out of material.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
3.1.3  lady in black  replied to  Greg Jones @3.1    6 years ago

trump is the buffoon that keeps on giving every time he opens his mouth

MrFrost
Professor Guide
3.1.4  MrFrost  replied to  Greg Jones @3.1    6 years ago
Yet another pointless repetitive article about Trump.

HA didn't post this article... Sorry. 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3.1.5  Greg Jones  replied to  DocPhil @3.1.1    6 years ago

You just mad because his term is going so well and he's getting a lot done, and because none of these criticisms are affecting him or is administration.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.6  Tessylo  replied to  Greg Jones @3.1.5    6 years ago

What exactly has the turd gotten done?

cjcold
Professor Quiet
3.1.7  cjcold  replied to  DocPhil @3.1.1    6 years ago

Actually I've been a Hillary fan for a long time. Health care, child care and standing up to Putin made me a fan.

Screw her emails. her server wasn't hacked and the state department's was.

The world liked her as Sec. State. So did I.

She made a gaff or two but who doesn't.

Always liked her soul and intent.

A pity that the far right wing has been lying about and attacking her for over 40 years now.

Smells like right wing fear of a good person to me.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
4  sandy-2021492    6 years ago

They know, Doc.  They don't care.

MrFrost
Professor Guide
4.1  MrFrost  replied to  sandy-2021492 @4    6 years ago
They don't care

That's exactly it too. They, (trump supporters), are fine with his lies, and why? Because they are lies that fit their agenda.. It really is as simple as that. 

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
4.1.1  bbl-1  replied to  MrFrost @4.1    6 years ago

"Fit their agenda."  ? ?  You mean all the Trump supporters want are walls and to take away the birth control?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.1.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  bbl-1 @4.1.1    6 years ago

No....they also want to scream their filthy, bigoted ideology at all of us and give us a big, fat middle finger because the election of trump has made it okay to be nasty and hypocritical.

They don't even hide or try to cover up their hypocrisy anymore.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
4.1.3  Greg Jones  replied to  Trout Giggles @4.1.2    6 years ago
They don't even hide or try to cover up their hypocrisy anymore.

Neither have the left wing nut jobs.

MrFrost
Professor Guide
5  MrFrost    6 years ago

For a more inclusive list of trumps lies...

And yes, I already know that the cons will just claim that it's a liberal...blah blah blah.... By all means, point out the statements that are not really lies....

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
6  bbl-1    6 years ago

Trump has always been a liar. cheat and a fraud.  That will never change.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
7  Jack_TX    6 years ago

So I'm curious......

If you know he lies....why do liberals go so ballistic over what he says?

epistte
Junior Guide
7.1  epistte  replied to  Jack_TX @7    6 years ago
If you know he lies....why do liberals go so ballistic over what he says?

There is an idea about people telling that truth that is important to some of us. The President isn't supposed to be on the level of a talk radio shock jock.  The fact that the POTUS lies 80-85% of the time is a very serious problem. How can a person who lies that much be fit to be the leader of the country.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
7.1.1  Jack_TX  replied to  epistte @7.1    6 years ago
How can a person who lies that much be fit to be the leader of the country.

I don't think he is fit. 

But that's immaterial.  He has the job. 

Fortunately, the men who put our republic together were not unfamiliar with inept or mentally deficient rulers (see King George III), and they planned for this eventuality. 

I just find it odd that the same people who wail most loudly at Trump's lack of honesty are also those who wail most loudly at the nature of his statements....which we all know not to be true......

Seems like they need to pick one or the other.

epistte
Junior Guide
7.1.2  epistte  replied to  Jack_TX @7.1.1    6 years ago
I just find it odd that the same people who wail most loudly at Trump's lack of honesty are also those who wail most loudly at the nature of his statements....which we all know not to be true......

We have the 25th Amendment but the GOP controlled Congress refuses to act because Trump is of their party and he will sign any part of their agenda.

lib50
Professor Silent
7.2  lib50  replied to  Jack_TX @7    6 years ago
f you know he lies....why do liberals go so ballistic over what he says?

Because conservatives believe the lies.    Why would you want a lie to go on as if it were true?  That's how people get brainwashed.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
7.2.1  Jack_TX  replied to  lib50 @7.2    6 years ago
Because conservatives believe the lies.

Most don't.  They just think he's going to do less damage than the Democrats.   But why does what they believe matter?  Leftists believe Bernie Sanders, who may as well be telling them the Easter Bunny is real, yet nobody seems to mind.

Why would you want a lie to go on as if it were true?

I don't want theft to go on, either.  But I'm old enough to realize there are some things that are beyond my ability to stop.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
7.3  Greg Jones  replied to  Jack_TX @7    6 years ago
why do liberals go so ballistic over what he says?

Because they think that their pathetic little viewpoints on this obscure website will somehow affect the public opinion about him. It hasn't and it won't.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
8  Randy    6 years ago

The problem is that his lying is becoming normalized and we can not allow that to happen! We expect him to lie so much that it is such a daily occurrence that not just he himself has no credibility, but the entire Executive Branch of the U.S. Government has no credibility, both here in America and around the world. We also have a problem with the breakdown or at least a frozen response from what is supposed to be one of our Constitution's checks and balances, the United States Congress. They have stopped acting like an independent, co-equal branch of government and have instead become a group of rubber stamping toadys, so their credibility is now gone also because of their completely shameful inaction in the face of his outrageous's.

His lies are important because they are doing dangerous and in many cases impossible to repair damage to the respect for and credibility of the United States.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
8.1  Greg Jones  replied to  Randy @8    6 years ago

Can you give a short list of those Randy?

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
8.1.1  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Greg Jones @8.1    6 years ago

Here ya go.

Jan. 21 “I wasn't a fan of Iraq. I didn't want to go into Iraq.” (He was for an invasion before he was against it.) Jan. 21 “A reporter for Time magazine — and I have been on their cover 14 or 15 times. I think we have the all-time record in the history of Time magazine.” (Trump was on the cover 11 times and Nixon appeared 55 times.) Jan. 23 “Between 3 million and 5 million illegal votes caused me to lose the popular vote.” (There's no evidence of illegal voting.) Jan. 25 “Now, the audience was the biggest ever. But this crowd was massive. Look how far back it goes. This crowd was massive.” (Official aerial photos show Obama's 2009 inauguration was much more heavily attended.) Jan. 25 “Take a look at the Pew reports (which show voter fraud.)” (The report never mentioned voter fraud.) Jan. 25 “You had millions of people that now aren't insured anymore.” (The real number is less than 1 million, according to the Urban Institute.) Jan. 25 “So, look, when President Obama was there two weeks ago making a speech, very nice speech. Two people were shot and killed during his speech. You can't have that.” (There were no gun homicide victims in Chicago that day.) Jan. 26 “We've taken in tens of thousands of people. We know nothing about them. They can say they vet them. They didn't vet them. They have no papers. How can you vet somebody when you don't know anything about them and you have no papers? How do you vet them? You can't.” (Vetting lasts up to two years.) Jan. 26 “I cut off hundreds of millions of dollars off one particular plane, hundreds of millions of dollars in a short period of time. It wasn't like I spent, like, weeks, hours, less than hours, and many, many hundreds of millions of dollars. And the plane's going to be better.” (Most of the cuts were already planned.) Jan. 28 “The coverage about me in the @nytimes and the @washingtonpost has been so false and angry that the Times actually apologized to its dwindling subscribers and readers.” (It never apologized.) Jan. 29 “The Cuban-Americans, I got 84 percent of that vote.” (There is no support for this.) Jan. 30 “Only 109 people out of 325,000 were detained and held for questioning. Big problems at airports were caused by Delta computer outage.” (At least 746 people were detained and processed, and the Delta outage happened two days later.) Feb. 3 “Professional anarchists, thugs and paid protesters are proving the point of the millions of people who voted to MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!” (There is no evidence of paid protesters.) Feb. 4 “After being forced to apologize for its bad and inaccurate coverage of me after winning the election, the FAKE NEWS @nytimes is still lost!” (It never apologized.) Feb. 5 “We had 109 people out of hundreds of thousands of travelers and all we did was vet those people very, very carefully.” (About 60,000 people were affected.) Feb. 6 “I have already saved more than $700 million when I got involved in the negotiation on the F-35.” (Much of the price drop was projected before Trump took office.) Feb. 6 “It's gotten to a point where it is not even being reported. And in many cases, the very, very dishonest press doesn't want to report it.” (Terrorism has been reported on, often in detail.) Feb. 6 “The failing @nytimes was forced to apologize to its subscribers for the poor reporting it did on my election win. Now they are worse!” (It didn't apologize.) Feb. 6 “And the previous administration allowed it to happen because we shouldn't have been in Iraq, but we shouldn't have gotten out the way we got out. It created a vacuum, ISIS was formed.” (The group’s origins date to 2004.) Feb. 7 “And yet the murder rate in our country is the highest it’s been in 47 years, right? Did you know that? Forty-seven years.” (It was higher in the 1980s and '90s.) Feb. 7 “I saved more than $600 million. I got involved in negotiation on a fighter jet, the F-35.” (The Defense Department projected this price drop before Trump took office.) Feb. 9 “Chris Cuomo, in his interview with Sen. Blumenthal, never asked him about his long-term lie about his brave ‘service’ in Vietnam. FAKE NEWS!” (It was part of Cuomo's first question.) Feb. 9 “Sen. Richard Blumenthal now misrepresents what Judge Gorsuch told him?” (The Gorsuch comments were later corroborated.) Feb. 10 “I don’t know about it. I haven’t seen it. What report is that?” (Trump knew about Flynn's actions for weeks.) Feb. 12 “Just leaving Florida. Big crowds of enthusiastic supporters lining the road that the FAKE NEWS media refuses to mention. Very dishonest!” (The media did cover it.) Feb. 16 “We got 306 because people came out and voted like they've never seen before so that's the way it goes. I guess it was the biggest Electoral College win since Ronald Reagan.” (George H.W. Bush, Bill Clinton and Barack Obama all won bigger margins in the Electoral College.) Feb. 16 “That’s the other thing that was wrong with the travel ban. You had Delta with a massive problem with their computer system at the airports.” (Delta's problems happened two days later.) Feb. 16 “Walmart announced it will create 10,000 jobs in the United States just this year because of our various plans and initiatives.” (The jobs are a result of its investment plans announced in Oct. 2016.) Feb. 16 “When WikiLeaks, which I had nothing to do with, comes out and happens to give, they’re not giving classified information.” (Not always. They have released classified information in the past.) Feb. 16 “We had a very smooth rollout of the travel ban. But we had a bad court. Got a bad decision.” (The rollout was chaotic.) Feb. 16 “They’re giving stuff — what was said at an office about Hillary cheating on the debates. Which, by the way, nobody mentions. Nobody mentions that Hillary received the questions to the debates.” (It was widely covered.) Feb. 18 “And there was no way to vet those people. There was no documentation. There was no nothing.” (Refugees receive multiple background checks, taking up to two years.) Feb. 18 “You look at what's happening in Germany, you look at what's happening last night in Sweden. Sweden, who would believe this?” (Trump implied there was a terror attack in Sweden, but there was no such attack.) Feb. 24 “By the way, you folks are in here — this place is packed, there are lines that go back six blocks.” (There was no evidence of long lines.) Feb. 24 “ICE came and endorsed me.” (Only its union did.) Feb. 24 “Obamacare covers very few people — and remember, deduct from the number all of the people that had great health care that they loved that was taken away from them — it was taken away from them.” (Obamacare increased coverage by a net of about 20 million.) Feb. 27 “Since Obamacare went into effect, nearly half of the insurers are stopped and have stopped from participating in the Obamacare exchanges.” (Many fewer pulled out.) Feb. 27 “On one plane, on a small order of one plane, I saved $725 million. And I would say I devoted about, if I added it up, all those calls, probably about an hour. So I think that might be my highest and best use.” (Much of the price cut was already projected.) Feb. 28 “And now, based on our very strong and frank discussions, they are beginning to do just that.” (NATO countries agreed to meet defense spending requirements in 2014.) Feb. 28 “The E.P.A.’s regulators were putting people out of jobs by the hundreds of thousands.” (There's no evidence that the Waters of the United States rule caused severe job losses.) Feb. 28 “We have begun to drain the swamp of government corruption by imposing a five-year ban on lobbying by executive branch officials.” (They can't lobby their former agency but can still become lobbyists.) March 3 “It is so pathetic that the Dems have still not approved my full Cabinet.” (Paperwork for the last two candidates was still not submitted to the Senate.) March 4 “Terrible! Just found out that Obama had my ‘wires tapped’ in Trump Tower just before the victory. Nothing found. This is McCarthyism!” (There's no evidence of a wiretap.) March 4 “How low has President Obama gone to tap my phones during the very sacred election process. This is Nixon/Watergate. Bad (or sick) guy!” (There's no evidence of a wiretap.) March 7 “122 vicious prisoners, released by the Obama Administration from Gitmo, have returned to the battlefield. Just another terrible decision!” (113 of them were released by President George W. Bush.) March 13 “I saved a lot of money on those jets, didn't I? Did I do a good job? More than $725 million on them.” (Much of the cost cuts were planned before Trump.) March 13 “First of all, it covers very few people.” (About 20 million people gained insurance under Obamacare.) March 15 “On the airplanes, I saved $725 million. Probably took me a half an hour if you added up all of the times.” (Much of the cost cuts were planned before Trump.) March 17 “I was in Tennessee — I was just telling the folks — and half of the state has no insurance company, and the other half is going to lose the insurance company.” (There's at least one insurer in every Tennessee county.) March 20 “With just one negotiation on one set of airplanes, I saved the taxpayers of our country over $700 million.” (Much of the cost cuts were planned before Trump.) March 21 “To save taxpayer dollars, I’ve already begun negotiating better contracts for the federal government — saving over $700 million on just one set of airplanes of which there are many sets.” (Much of the cost cuts were planned before Trump.) March 22 “I make the statement, everyone goes crazy. The next day they have a massive riot, and death, and problems.” (Riots in Sweden broke out two days later and there were no deaths.) March 22 “NATO, obsolete, because it doesn’t cover terrorism. They fixed that.” (It has fought terrorism since the 1980s.) March 22 “Well, now, if you take a look at the votes, when I say that, I mean mostly they register wrong — in other words, for the votes, they register incorrectly and/or illegally. And they then vote. You have tremendous numbers of people.” (There's no evidence of widespread voter fraud.) March 29 “Remember when the failing @nytimes apologized to its subscribers, right after the election, because their coverage was so wrong. Now worse!” (It didn't apologize.) March 31 “We have a lot of plants going up now in Michigan that were never going to be there if I — if I didn’t win this election, those plants would never even think about going back. They were gone.” (These investments were already planned.) April 2 “And I was totally opposed to the war in the Middle East which I think finally has been proven, people tried very hard to say I wasn’t but you’ve seen that it is now improving.” (He was for an invasion before he was against it.) April 2 “Now, my last tweet — you know, the one that you are talking about, perhaps — was the one about being, in quotes, wiretapped, meaning surveilled. Guess what, it is turning out to be true.” (There is still no evidence.) April 5 “You have many states coming up where they’re going to have no insurance company. O.K.? It’s already happened in Tennessee. It’s happening in Kentucky. Tennessee only has half coverage. Half the state is gone. They left.” (Every marketplace region in Tennessee had at least one insurer.) April 6 “If you look at the kind of cost-cutting we’ve been able to achieve with the military and at the same time ordering vast amounts of equipment — saved hundreds of millions of dollars on airplanes, and really billions, because if you take that out over a period of years it’s many billions of dollars — I think we’ve had a tremendous success.” (Much of the price cuts were already projected.) April 11 “I like Steve, but you have to remember he was not involved in my campaign until very late. I had already beaten all the senators and all the governors, and I didn’t know Steve.” (He knew Steve Bannon since 2011.) April 12 “You can't do it faster, because they're obstructing. They're obstructionists. So I have people — hundreds of people that we're trying to get through. I mean you have — you see the backlog. We can't get them through.” (At this point, he had not nominated anyone for hundreds of positions.) April 12 “The New York Times said the word wiretapped in the headline of the first edition. Then they took it out of there fast when they realized.” (There were separate headlines for print and web, but neither were altered.) April 12 “The secretary general and I had a productive discussion about what more NATO can do in the fight against terrorism. I complained about that a long time ago and they made a change, and now they do fight terrorism.” (NATO has been engaged in counterterrorism efforts since the 1980s.) April 12 “Mosul was supposed to last for a week and now they’ve been fighting it for many months and so many more people died.” (The campaign was expected to take months.) April 16 “Someone should look into who paid for the small organized rallies yesterday. The election is over!” (There's no evidence of paid protesters.) April 18 “The fake media goes, ‘Donald Trump changed his stance on China.’ I haven’t changed my stance.” (He did.) April 21 “On 90 planes I saved $725 million. It's actually a little bit more than that, but it's $725 million.” (Much of the price cuts were already projected.) April 21 “When WikiLeaks came out ... never heard of WikiLeaks, never heard of it.” (He criticized it as early as 2010.) April 27 “I want to help our miners while the Democrats are blocking their healthcare.” (The bill to extend health benefits for certain coal miners was introduced by a Democrat and was co-sponsored by mostly Democrats.) April 28 “The trade deficit with Mexico is close to $70 billion, even with Canada it’s $17 billion trade deficit with Canada.” (The U.S. had an $8.1 billion trade surplus, not deficit, with Canada in 2016.) April 28 “She's running against someone who's going to raise your taxes to the sky, destroy your health care, and he's for open borders — lots of crime.” (Those are not Jon Ossoff's positions.) April 28 “The F-35 fighter jet program — it was way over budget. I’ve saved $725 million plus, just by getting involved in the negotiation.” (Much of the price cuts were planned before Trump.) April 29 “As you know, I've been a big critic of China, and I've been talking about currency manipulation for a long time. But I have to tell you that during the election, number one, they stopped.” (China stopped years ago.) April 29 “I've already saved more than $725 million on a simple order of F-35 planes. I got involved in the negotiation.” (Much of the price cuts were planned before Trump.) April 29 “We're also getting NATO countries to finally step up and contribute their fair share. They've begun to increase their contributions by billions of dollars, but we are not going to be satisfied until everyone pays what they owe.” (The deal was struck in 2014.) April 29 “When they talk about currency manipulation, and I did say I would call China, if they were, a currency manipulator, early in my tenure. And then I get there. Number one, they — as soon as I got elected, they stopped.” (China stopped in 2014.) April 29 “I was negotiating to reduce the price of the big fighter jet contract, the F-35, which was totally out of control. I will save billions and billions and billions of dollars.”

This is just a few. Here's the rest of the list.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  Greg Jones @8.1    6 years ago
Can you give a short list of those Randy?

No such thing regarding donald rump - the King of lies.  

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
8.1.3  Thrawn 31  replied to  Greg Jones @8.1    6 years ago
short list of those Randy?

The list has already topped 2,400 at the last count I saw. Not sure what you consider short to be. 

luther28
Sophomore Silent
9  luther28    6 years ago

Though there are many things regarding Mr. Trumps performance (or lack of it) to date, there is one thing that is absolutely undeniable, without question he has raised lying to an art form.

He lies about his lies (and within five minutes of telling them at times), the only one that may be able to compete with him is Ms. Conway. Alternate facts indeed.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
9.1  Greg Jones  replied to  luther28 @9    6 years ago

After the lies by the Clinton's and Obama, Donnie's fibs are child's play. Sorry!

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
9.1.1  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Greg Jones @9.1    6 years ago

Can you provide a real list of their lies? I can give you Trumps lies,

The list of Trumps lies in the past 18 months is so long that it won't fit in a comment line.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
9.1.2  Thrawn 31  replied to  Greg Jones @9.1    6 years ago

Yawn lemme, guess the "you can keep your doctor" bit? Or what, Benghazi again? I am hoping you actually come up with something halfway original. 

luther28
Sophomore Silent
9.1.3  luther28  replied to  Greg Jones @9.1    6 years ago

I don't know that one is quite a stretch, Mr. Trump seems to come up with at least one or two a day. But to be honest, all politicians lie to one degree or another, his are just so blatant in my opinion.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
10  The Magic 8 Ball    6 years ago

Trump is the first president in my life who has kept his campaign promises

so... as long as he keeps on keeping his campaign promises? he can say what ever he likes.

Cheers :)

DRHunk
Freshman Silent
10.1  DRHunk  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @10    6 years ago

Which promises has he kept and what has been the short term impact of those and what will he long term impact be?

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
10.1.1  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  DRHunk @10.1    6 years ago

well.. just off the top of my head...

• killed the TPP

result = we are all going to die

• got out of the paris agreement

• fixing our trade deals

• bringing back manufacturing jobs

• nominated a conservative supreme court judge (and will name another before it is all over)

• lowered taxes

and of course... the result is... we are all going to die

C'est La Vie :)

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
11  Thrawn 31    6 years ago

I just assume anything that comes out of his mouth is a lie. 

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
12  Thrawn 31    6 years ago

Eh, he has issued some executive orders than can and probably will be overturned the next time a Democrat is in office. Really he hasn't done much of anything of consequence.