╌>

A White House Defense In Transition: Oops More Mix-Ups

Category:  News & Politics

By:  docphil  •  6 years ago  •  3 comments

A White House Defense In Transition:  Oops More Mix-Ups

There must be something evil this way coming, when the Trump administration begins to defend themselves against charges that haven't even been intimated against them. "We never colluded" becomes "Collusion isn't a crime" {it isn't, but conspiracy is} then becomes " If we colluded, it was in the interest of America". Now we hear that Trump never broke into the democratic national committee {it would be interesting to see if he could have the stamina to creep through the window}. He never directly paid the Russians to steal information {too easy and too easy to trace......besides, the Russians are richer than Trump}. Trump had written plans to cheat to win the election {impossible, because it would have taken more than 140 characters and advance planning}

But seriously, the Trump strategy seems to be undergoing  a metamorphosis. Flat out denials have morphed into oddly worded and vague admissions from Rudy Giuliani. The President is less vocal about attributing blame. The major attack angle has been the change from praising Michael Cohen as the consummate truth teller to a pathological liar. It is almost as if the administration knows that the initial tape that was released {by whom, we don't know} is only a precursor to much more damning evidence that is to follow. 

It almost appears that the administration started with the "I am innocent" defense and is now looking at the accumulation of evidence that has been collected in the Mueller investigation, the Manafort prosecution, the Cohen tapes and evidence, as well as the indictments and guilty pleas already filed. The defense seems to be morphing into "I might be guilty, but there are extenuating circumstances that have caused these actions. No matter what, what we did is in the best interests of the American people."

I know that the Trump supporters will see the events of the past weeks differently. But the nomination of an anti-woman, presidential toady supreme court nominee, followed by an attack trip to our NATO allies, and then a trip of submission to Comrade Putin where the President demonstrated a submissive manner, unseen during his administration did not inspire confidence in American foreign policy. His return to the Rudy Giuliani comedy show can either be looked at as a distraction from his foreign policy debacle or another demonstration of this administration's incompetence.

No matter how we look at it, this administration is in crisis. That crisis is both political and legal. He is placing the republican party closer to a blue wave every day. Right now, the democrats hope that the President makes good on at least one promise. "I am going to be out campaigning for republicans six or seven days every week." That will, at least keep President motor mouth out of Washington, and will keep the Republicans praying that the President chooses some other candidate to honor with his support {given his track record}.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

DocPhil
Sophomore Quiet
1  author  DocPhil    6 years ago

There must be some big news coming from either the Southern District of New York, the Manafort trial, or the Mueller investigation {in the form of indictments}. It seems like the White House is doing everything they can to confuse the situation to have "plausible deniability" to at least keep their base together.

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
1.1  Studiusbagus  replied to  DocPhil @1    6 years ago

I'm with you...something got through that they couldn't stop and it's about to come out. Hence this "collusion" word game they are playing.

Something tells me there's a lot of legal trouble coming for Trump Jr. and maybe even Trump.

I also get the feeling Putin told Trump something that shook him to the core and he's backed in to a corner.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
2  Skrekk    6 years ago

"I did not have collusion with that hostile foreign power.   And if I did it was consensual anyway."