╌>

Feel Bold Enough to Call Black Bus Riders in DC The N-Word? Feel Bold Enough to Get Clocked

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  silent-hysteria  •  6 years ago  •  21 comments

Feel Bold Enough to Call Black Bus Riders in DC The N-Word? Feel Bold Enough to Get Clocked

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

So this is a story about a white woman who thought it was a good idea to call a bus full of passengers “niggers” in Northeast D.C., during Tuesday evening rush hour ... only to find herself an unwilling participant in the time-honored tradition of catching hands. According to Fox5DC, the woman had to be taken to the hospital after the verbal confrontation turned quickly physical, because you know, she called people niggers in Chocolate City of all places.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Silent_Hysteria
Freshman Silent
1  seeder  Silent_Hysteria    6 years ago

There is video of the situation in link.  Apparently, the woman will be ok and two people have been talked to about the event but no arrests yet.  

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
1.1  Skrekk  replied to  Silent_Hysteria @1    6 years ago

I think those would amount to "fighting words".   Some people have no common sense whatsoever.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
1.1.1  Tacos!  replied to  Skrekk @1.1    6 years ago
I think those would amount to "fighting words"

I agree. I think this would qualify. However, I'm not aware of it being a valid defense for battery. The only exception I can think of would be if somehow the words plus some action put the target in apprehension of an imminent battery and then you'd be arguing self-defense. In this case, though, the woman is walking away when she says it. Not a good fact. It could mitigate sentencing, though.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
1.1.2  Skrekk  replied to  Tacos! @1.1.1    6 years ago
However, I'm not aware of it being a valid defense for battery.

I wonder if the bus driver has any liability.   At the very least they should have called the cops.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
1.1.3  Tacos!  replied to  Skrekk @1.1.2    6 years ago
I wonder if the bus driver has any liability.

Good question. Generally speaking, you don't have a legal duty to intervene to help someone, but common carriers have duties regular people don't have. The bus company might have some rules about a thing like that, too. It is kind of amazing that they just drove away. 

epistte
Junior Guide
2  epistte    6 years ago

This is the only way that some racists seem to learn. I'm sorry that it had to happen but maybe she will think before she opens her trap next time.

Kavika
Professor Principal
3  Kavika     6 years ago

Obliviously her shoe size exceeds her IQ. 

dave-2693993
Junior Quiet
3.1  dave-2693993  replied to  Kavika @3    6 years ago

LMAO. Yep.

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
3.2  SteevieGee  replied to  Kavika @3    6 years ago

Sure she's bold enough to call them the n word but is she bold enough to do it again?

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4  Tacos!    6 years ago

It looks like the woman was pretty upset already at the beginning of the video and trying to cover her head. It would be nice to know what preceded this. The end result looks very serious, possibly a felony. I know the N-word is offensive, but it's not worth going to prison.

Silent_Hysteria
Freshman Silent
4.1  seeder  Silent_Hysteria  replied to  Tacos! @4    6 years ago

Supposedly someone was playing her music loud and she asked her to turn it down and it turned into an argument 

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
4.1.1  Cerenkov  replied to  Silent_Hysteria @4.1    6 years ago

And then she assaulted by animals who could not or would not control themselves. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4.1.2  Tacos!  replied to  Silent_Hysteria @4.1    6 years ago

It might be that people on the bus had already been calling her names.

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
4.1.3  Cerenkov  replied to  Tacos! @4.1.2    6 years ago

Probably 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
5  Paula Bartholomew    6 years ago

I thought it was New Orleans that is referred to as the Chocolate City.