╌>

California man tried to stab GOP candidate

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  silent-hysteria  •  6 years ago  •  16 comments

California man tried to stab GOP candidate

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

A California man was arrested Sunday after allegedly attempting to stab a Republican congressional candidate with a switchblade, according to the Alameda County Sheriff's Office.
The man, identified as 35-year-old Farzad Fazeli, reportedly approached Republican candidate Rudy Peters in an aggressive manner and made disparaging, profanity-laced remarks about the GOP and President Trump, according to witness statements. Peters, who is running against incumbent Democratic Rep. Eric Swalwell, was campaigning at a fall festival in Castro Valley, California.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Silent_Hysteria
Freshman Silent
1  seeder  Silent_Hysteria    6 years ago

While the media complains about the rhetoric labeling them the enemy of the people and how it makes them a target... they don't seem to have an issue with their rhetoric that makes conservatives targets of violence.  Don't feel upset when a journalist or a liberal is attacked.  They don't care when you are attacked as a conservative... so celebrate when they are.  

lady in black
Professor Quiet
1.1  lady in black  replied to  Silent_Hysteria @1    6 years ago

Conservatives didn't blink an eye when O'Reilly on his program would say Tiller the baby killer repeatedly and then some fine church going faux christian conservative killed him in church.

Silent_Hysteria
Freshman Silent
1.1.1  seeder  Silent_Hysteria  replied to  lady in black @1.1    6 years ago

Not heard anything about that.  I don't doubt you though.  Not a conservative myself.... I hate all sides lol...

this is a result of "many in the left" justifying violence though.  I just want it documented when it is returned in kind.  Can't let many on the left acting like it is out of nowhere now can we?

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2  Tacos!    6 years ago

I'm so tired of hearing that words are violence. This is actual violence.

Peters, who is running against incumbent Democratic Rep. Eric Swalwell, was campaigning at a fall festival in Castro Valley, California.

Sounds a lot like what Maxine Waters has been encouraging people to do.

with a switchblade

Switchblades over 2" are illegal in California. Didn't stop this guy, though. Although, his lawyer calls it a folding knife, which would be ok. Of course his lawyer also says:

"My client at this point was afraid for his life and afraid for his health and safety.

Uhhhh what??

200w_d.gif

Why?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1  Texan1211  replied to  Tacos! @2    6 years ago

Why?

Maybe he was afraid that 20 million or so moonbats hitting their knees at once while bowing down to him after he killed a conservative would trigger an earthquake?

Could be life-threatening!

Rmando
Sophomore Silent
3  Rmando    6 years ago

Somebody should really study this epidemic outbreak of TDS. Maybe some dispensary for sedatives or tranquilizers...

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
4  lennylynx    6 years ago

I'm just surprised that this doesn't happen a lot more often, given what a total piece of shit Trump is.

devangelical
Professor Principal
4.2  devangelical  replied to  lennylynx @4    6 years ago

gosh darn those California gun laws

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.1  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @4.2    6 years ago

Oh, yeah.

I bet that's why he didn't use a gun--he didn't want to break the law!!

SMMFH and LMFAO!

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
4.2.2  lennylynx  replied to  devangelical @4.2    6 years ago

If he feels threatened by Trump and the Republicans, doesn't he have the right to stand his ground?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.3  Texan1211  replied to  lennylynx @4.2.2    6 years ago

Sure he does. If it is a credible physical threat.

Someone campaigning who didn't know the jerk from Adam is hardly "stand your ground" grounds.

But it doesn't surprise me that someone would bring up something completely irrelevant.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4.2.4  Tacos!  replied to  devangelical @4.2    6 years ago
gosh darn those California gun laws

If he had a switchblade, he was still violating California law. Criminals don't care about the laws.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.5  Texan1211  replied to  lennylynx @4.2.2    6 years ago

Maybe he could have just pulled up his big boy pants and deal with his "fear" like a freaking adult.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.3  Texan1211  replied to  lennylynx @4    6 years ago

And liberals and progressives are supposed to be the sane ones?

laughing dude