╌>

Kavanaugh Accuser Co-Authored Study Citing Use Of Hypnosis To Retrieve Memories

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  nowhere-man  •  6 years ago  •  4 comments

Kavanaugh Accuser Co-Authored Study Citing Use Of Hypnosis To Retrieve Memories
An academic paper co-authored by Kavanaugh accuser Christine Blasey Ford cited hypnosis as a way to retrieve traumatic memories.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Christine Blasey Ford, a California woman who has accused Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh of attempted rape in the 1980’s, co-authored an academic study that cited the use of  hypnosis as a tool to retrieve memories  in traumatized patients. The academic paper, entitled “Meditation With Yoga, Group Therapy With Hypnosis, and Psychoeducation for Long-Term Depressed Mood: A Randomized Pilot Trial,” described the results of a study that tested the efficacy of certain treatments on 46 depressed individuals. The study was  published  by the Journal of Clinical Psychology in May 2008.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
1  seeder  Nowhere Man    6 years ago

Wow, just Wow!

She's co-authored papers on the use of hypnosis for recovered memories.....

And in it, she states that most hypnosis is self-hypnosis. She seems like a recognized expert on the subject.

And just in case people have a problem with The Federalist as the source, I included the Wiley library listing for the actual paper although you will have to have an account to access the actual document.....

Enjoy...

NWM

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2  It Is ME    6 years ago

Seems it doesn't work !

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
2.1  seeder  Nowhere Man  replied to  It Is ME @2    6 years ago

Well that, and a heavy nod to the knowledge that any one practising it has to be careful not to insert false memories into the memory of the patient.....

This is more and more outlandish by the minute....

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.1.1  It Is ME  replied to  Nowhere Man @2.1    6 years ago
This is more and more outlandish by the minute....

That's for sure. jrSmiley_89_smiley_image.gif