╌>

Kristen Bell voices concern about message ‘Snow White’ sends to daughters

Category:  Now Trending

Via:  it-is-me  •  6 years ago  •  8 comments

Kristen Bell voices concern about message ‘Snow White’ sends to daughters
Kristen Bell, the voice of Anna in Disney's hit animated film "Frozen," revealed in an interview published Wednesday her concerns about the message "Snow White" sends to her two daughters.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

The 38-year-old actress appeared to worry about the message of consent, particularly what it means for her young girls Lincoln, 5, and Delta, 3.

Bell, who reads to her daughters every night, also expressed concerns about the part when Snow White eats an apple from the witch -- a stranger.

Bell told Parents magazine that she asks her daughters, "Don't you think that it's weird that the prince kisses Snow White without her permission? Because you cannot kiss someone if they're sleeping!" she said.

Bell, who reads to her daughters every night, also expressed concerns about the part when Snow White eats an apple from the witch -- a stranger.

"Everytime we close Snow White I look at my girls and ask 'Don't you think it's weird that Snow White didn't ask the old witch why needed to eat the apple? Or where she got the apple?' I say, 'I would never take food from a stranger, would you?' And my kids are like, 'No!' And I'm like, 'OK, I'm doing something right,'" she told the magazine.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1  seeder  It Is ME    6 years ago

Don't you think it's weird Kristen, that you would think your kids didn't think the "Evil" witch was evil, as IS portrayed the witch IS in the cartoon ?

Don't you think it's weird Kristen, that you'd tell your daughters you think it's a bad thing that the dreaded "Man Prince" wanted to save the "Women" from her demise …… and the story line actually spelled out how it HAD TO be done ?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2  seeder  It Is ME    6 years ago

This (pound#)METOO movement is really getting ridicules.

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
3  Spikegary    6 years ago

Once again, trying to apply this week's mores to a story that originated when?  And I say this week's mores as they change with these silly people at least that often.

luther28
Sophomore Silent
4  luther28    6 years ago

Someone asked yesterday if political correctness had gone too far, add this one to the bag of examples.

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
4.1  Spikegary  replied to  luther28 @4    6 years ago

You have to wonder if she changes the name of the story to 'Cold Preciptitation neutral and the seven vertically challenged individuals who should not be judged on height but for their character'?

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
5  Jasper2529    6 years ago

I hope these snowflakes don't read Grimm's Fairy Tales or Mother Goose to their kids. Those are s-c-a-r-y  !