╌>

The Dysfunctional Administration of Donald Trump: Over 20 Disasters in One Week

Category:  News & Politics

By:  docphil  •  6 years ago  •  43 comments

The Dysfunctional Administration of Donald Trump: Over 20 Disasters in One Week
America is living through the most dysfunctional presidency in history. Every morning the nation awakes to another crisis. Many Americans keep thinking that it can't get any worse, yet it does.
  1. The President announces that he is going to pull our troops out of Syria
  2. The Kurdish allies in Syria are looking at ethnic cleansing by the Turks.
  3. The President announces that he is looking to pull our troops out of Afghanistan
  4. The Secretary of Defense, James Mattis resigns in protest, and releases a scathing rebuke of the President
  5. The Secretary of the Interior, Ryan Zinke, resigns amid on-going scandals.
  6. Putin, Erdowan, Assad, and the Mullahs in Iran praise the President's actions.
  7. The President tells Pelosi and Schumer that he will take responsibility for shutting down the government over funding of the border wall.
  8. Hundreds of thousands of government workers will be without paychecks during the holiday season.
  9. Rush Limbaugh and other right wing pundits skewer the President for bending to Democrats.
  10. The President announces that he will veto any CR without 5 billion dollars allocated for a border wall.
  11. The Senate cannot muster 60 votes to pass the President's request. That brings the funding crisis full circle.
  12. Mick Mulvaney becomes the Acting Chief of Staff. The first thing he says is that he will not attempt to muzzle the President.
  13. The courts determine that the President cannot deny asylum hearings for those who claim either abuse or fleeing from gang violence.
  14. The stock market has the worst December losses since the great depression of 1929.
  15. Economic growth predictors are beginning to show a downturn.
  16. The Federal Reserve hikes interest rates .25 basis points for the fourth time this year. This further exacerbates the economic projections of a downturn in the overall economy.
  17. Brian Kilmeade on Fox News verbally attacks the President by saying that the withdrawal from Syria "is contributing to the rebirth of ISIS."
  18. Acting Attorney General Whitaker ignored the advice of Justice Department ethics officers and did not recuse himself from the Mueller investigation.
  19. The Attorney General nominee Bill Barr placed in writing an article prejudging the Mueller investigation.
  20. There is speculation that the Mueller investigation will be complete by February with reports will be filed at that time.
  21. It is close to a fait accompli that the newly elected House of Representatives will subpoena Trump's income tax records and will almost certainly see reports from the Mueller investigation.
  22. Michael Flynn was excoriated by the sentencing judge and actually called his behavior treasonous {not true}. The implication was that this administration had a closer and more illegal interaction with Russia and it's delegates.

These would be enough front page bad news for an administration to last a year. It is almost unthinkable that this has all happened in one week. The President has emboldened our enemies and created fear and loathing among our allies. He is demonstrating his protectionist / nationalist leanings every day. He continues to view the news media as the enemy and continues to negotiate from a position of weakness. America is living through the most dysfunctional presidency in history. Every morning the nation awakes to another crisis. Many Americans keep thinking that it can't get any worse, yet it does.

We can only hope that this dysfunction is a temporary aberration in our long history and that we might actually move past it. After this week, I tend to doubt it.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

DocPhil
Sophomore Quiet
1  author  DocPhil    6 years ago

This appears to be a fitting end to the week which ends with the shortest, darkest day of the year.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
2  lady in black    6 years ago

48411485_2007481149298906_1768315615757467648_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.xx&oh=6116b251969ea8a2380fa6444e734553&oe=5C8F6232

DocPhil
Sophomore Quiet
2.1  author  DocPhil  replied to  lady in black @2    6 years ago

Now that wall tickles my funny bone......thanks

MrFrost
Professor Expert
2.2  MrFrost  replied to  lady in black @2    6 years ago

PJ
Masters Quiet
2.3  PJ  replied to  lady in black @2    6 years ago

I guess Jared and Ivanka are on KP duty and that's why they aren't in the picture.  jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif

PJ
Masters Quiet
3  PJ    6 years ago

I'm sorry to say that you missed a few notable headlines.

• Trump agrees to shut down his charity amid allegations that he used it for personal and political benefit.
  • North Korea says it will never unilaterally give up its nuclear weapons unless the United States removes its nuclear threat first.
  • U.S. Envoy To The Coalition Against ISIS Resigns Over Trump's Syria Policy

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
3.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  PJ @3    6 years ago
I'm sorry to say that you missed a few notable headlines.

We're all sorry, but you would be correct, on two that i know of, was unaware of NK, but easy to see Trumppy gettin played by Lil Kim

PJ
Masters Quiet
3.1.1  PJ  replied to  igknorantzrulz @3.1    6 years ago
easy to see Trumppy gettin played by Lil Kim

Well Trump wouldn't be the first person scorned by a lover.  hahahahaha

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
3.1.2  igknorantzrulz  replied to  PJ @3.1.1    6 years ago

or played by lil' kim

PJ
Masters Quiet
3.1.3  PJ  replied to  igknorantzrulz @3.1.2    6 years ago

Same thing.  Trump fell in love with Kim but apparently Kim isn't in love with Trump.  

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
3.1.4  igknorantzrulz  replied to  PJ @3.1.3    6 years ago
Kim isn't in love with Trump. 

that's because Putin would Putin her in his place

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4  Tacos!    6 years ago
The President announces that he is going to pull our troops out of Syria

There is nothing about that that constitutes dysfunctionality or a crisis for the United States. Obama sent those troops there three years ago to fight ISIS. That mission is about 98% accomplished and the Syrians, Russians, Iraqis, Iranians, and Kurds can handle the rest. Also America is still fully capable of bombing anyone we need to bomb.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
4.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Tacos! @4    6 years ago
hat mission is about 98% accomplished and the Syrians, Russians, Iraqis, Iranians, and Kurds can handle the rest

Not exactly

The Kurds are going to be at war with Turkey, and they were fighting ISIS as our "boots on the ground".

Iraqis are going to solve this ?, they can't solve their own issues.

Iran ? the largest sponsors of terrorism ? R going to battle terrorists for US ?

Russia ? the ones who invaded Crimea ? and are threatening the Ukraine ? Yea, Putin only has Syria's best interests in mind  /s

and the Syrians are why we wound up there

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4.1.1  Tacos!  replied to  igknorantzrulz @4.1    6 years ago

My 98% figure comes from the fact that ISIS now controls about 2% of the territory they had when we arrived. I stand by everything else I said. We do not need to have troops on the ground in every place on planet Earth where a terrorist lives. Also, it was never our mission to solve the Kurdish question. We were there to fight ISIS.

Consider also that Congress has not authorized the presence of US troops in Syria and neither has the United Nations.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
4.1.2  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Tacos! @4.1.1    6 years ago
it was never our mission to solve the Kurdish question. We were there to fight ISIS.

yea, i'm aware of this and agree to a point

but

we are going to leave some of our best alliances in the wars in the ME out to dry and possibly get slaughtered after we agreed to be there and their allies.

One of the main reasons the two resigned 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4.1.3  Tacos!  replied to  igknorantzrulz @4.1.2    6 years ago

Well, I would certainly hope that if something were to happen with the Kurds, the international community would step in. But we can't be putting our own people in harm's way (not to mention whatever money we're spending) because "just in case."

If Turkey or anyone else were truly determined along those lines, I'm not sure a couple thousand troops would prevent it. And surely the mere fact that US troops are pulling out will not genuinely be a green light to initiate some kind of genocide. I just don't think that's likely. They can't believe we would sit by and not respond.

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
4.1.4  Studiusbagus  replied to  Tacos! @4.1.1    6 years ago
Also, it was never our mission to solve the Kurdish question

The "Kurdish question"???? 

Now there's something about 1931 there!

The Kurds stayed on our side in Iraq, we abandoned them and Hussein slaughtered them, we're about to do the same damn thing again.

"Kurdish question"....Jesus Christ!

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
4.1.5  Studiusbagus  replied to  Tacos! @4.1.3    6 years ago
I just don't think that's likely. They can't believe we would sit by and not respond.

We already did that to them.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4.1.6  Tacos!  replied to  Studiusbagus @4.1.4    6 years ago
The "Kurdish question"???? Now there's something about 1931 there!

[deleted]

we abandoned them

When did the Kurdish people become the responsibility of the United States?

DocPhil
Sophomore Quiet
4.1.7  author  DocPhil  replied to  Tacos! @4.1.6    6 years ago

They became our responsibility when they became, for all intent and purpose, our boots on the ground in Syria. That, in itself, becomes an implicit alliance which requires our moral, ethical, and physical support. Anything less violates our citizen's compact with the world.

The term "Kurdish question" is no different than the "Armenian question" which led to mass slaughter, the "Jewish question" which led to the worse Holocaust in history, "the Hutu question" which led to ethnic cleansing. Pardon all of us who view the subject of a religious, regional, or ethnic "question" a term that brings back terrible memories for millions of survivors. It seems that the term "question" almost invariably leads to massacres.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4.1.8  Tacos!  replied to  DocPhil @4.1.7    6 years ago
Pardon all of us who view the subject of a religious, regional, or ethnic "question" a term that brings back terrible memories for millions of survivors.

No thanks. I will not be pardoning anyone who talks to me like I'm some kind of genocide-loving nazi, nor will I pardon anyone who tries to justify that treatment. It can remind you of anything you like, but that does not mean you get to cast me or anyone else in the role of genocidal maniac. You are responsible for your own imagination, not me.

By the way, it also does nothing to advance the conversation, does it? Rather than discuss whether or not 2,000 American troops is relevant to Kurdish security, you and SB would rather just demonize whoever you are talking to. This has been going on for years in this country and I will not tolerate it when it is done to me.

Dulay
Professor Expert
4.2  Dulay  replied to  Tacos! @4    6 years ago
There is nothing about that that constitutes dysfunctionality or a crisis for the United States.

Except the FACT that Trump broke his word with the Kurds and our fighting allies. While American citizens have become used to being lied to by Trump, the rest of the world is still having a hard time accepting the duplicity. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4.2.1  Tacos!  replied to  Dulay @4.2    6 years ago
Except the FACT that Trump broke his word with the Kurds and our fighting allies.

What word? When did Trump promise the Kurds that we would always maintain troops on the ground in that region to protect them from aggressive neighbors? Those troops were sent there to kill ISIS, not to establish the free state of Kurdistan.

Dulay
Professor Expert
4.2.2  Dulay  replied to  Tacos! @4.2.1    6 years ago
What word?

As expressed by Brett McGurk during his mid December press conference @ the State Dept. 

When did Trump promise the Kurds that we would always maintain troops on the ground in that region to protect them from aggressive neighbors? Those troops were sent there to kill ISIS, not to establish the free state of Kurdistan.

Strawman. Stop. 

321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu
Sophomore Guide
4.2.3  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Tacos! @4.2.1    6 years ago

true but I think usually when we do stuff like go after someone we dont abandon those who helped us do what we did. 

But hey whatever makes America Great 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4.2.4  Tacos!  replied to  Dulay @4.2.2    6 years ago
As expressed by Brett McGurk

Who does not speak for the president.

Strawman

Baloney

Dulay
Professor Expert
4.2.5  Dulay  replied to  Tacos! @4.2.4    6 years ago
Who does not speak for the president.

McGurk sure as hell DID speak for the administration in Syria, even if Trump is too self absorbed to know who he is. 

Baloney

Nope, you set up an imaginary argument. 

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
4.3  Thrawn 31  replied to  Tacos! @4    6 years ago
There is nothing about that that constitutes dysfunctionality or a crisis for the United States

Except that apparently the only person he spoke to about it was the Turkish "president". You know, and he ignored essentially the entirety of the US NATIONAL SECURITY ESTABLISHMENT and US INTELIGENCE NETWORK and just decided a Turkish dictator who hates and wants to wipe out our allies (the Kurds) knows best. That is one of the most dysfunctional thongs I have ever seen. 

devangelical
Professor Principal
5  devangelical    6 years ago

who needs General Mattis now that Major Fuckup has taken charge