California cop rescues twin girls, 2, after dad drives off cliff, police say

Category:  Other

Via:  it-is-me  •  4 years ago  •  10 comments

By:    By Meaghan Wray Global News

California cop rescues twin girls, 2, after dad drives off cliff, police say
“Oh my god. What the heck? Please tell me the kids weren’t in there,”

DEFUND THE POLICE ! jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

A San Diego cop is being hailed a hero after saving twin girls, 2, and their father after their car fell from a cliff into water.

Jonathan Wiese, a San Diego Police K-9 Officer, was on duty when he heard a plea for help over police scanners at around 5 a.m. on Saturday morning.

“Male subject left his house with his twin two-year-old daughters, was possibly armed with a gun and threatening suicide by driving his truck off the Coronado Bridge,” Wiese told NBC San Diego, recalling what he heard that day.
As Wiese rushed to the scene, he witnessed the car speeding through Point Loma, plunging from the side of Sunset Cliffs and landing in the Pacific Ocean.

“Oh my god. What the heck? Please tell me the kids weren’t in there,” Wiese remembered thinking at the time. “Please tell me he dropped them off.”

Jumping to action, Wiese rappelled down the side of the cliff, with the help of a 100-foot leash and his back-up officers.

The father, Wiese recounted, was holding his two daughters and treading water when he reached them.
“He had both girls. He was holding them and trying to tread water, but they were all going under,” the officer said. “One was awake and crying, the other one was pretty lifeless.”

Robert Brians, 47, was booked on Saturday and remained in jail this week on suspicion of two counts each of kidnapping and child cruelty and one count of burglary, per The San Diego Union-Tribute.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1  seeder  It Is ME    4 years ago

Time for the media to keep writing about things like this. Happens more times than anyone actually knows, thanks to the "Bad News Only Media".

JaneDoe
Sophomore Silent
2  JaneDoe    4 years ago

Wow, I sure hope those little girls will be ok.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  JaneDoe @2    4 years ago

Thanks to that officer, I am sure they will be.  The father needs to be out of their lives as he was so willing to throw theirs away.

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
2.1.1  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @2.1    4 years ago

No sh*t! I just don't understand situations like these. jrSmiley_89_smiley_image.gif

JaneDoe
Sophomore Silent
2.1.2  JaneDoe  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @2.1    4 years ago

I agree. I also hope he gets the mental health help he needs!

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3  Sparty On    4 years ago

Outstanding Marine!

Semper Fi

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4  Paula Bartholomew    4 years ago

The author of the seed wants defunding?  That is whack.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4.1  Tacos!  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @4    4 years ago

I assume it's a satirical comment.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5  Tacos!    4 years ago

Stories like this need more coverage. Cops do this kind of thing every day. This is a great example of why talk of defunding or disbanding the police is insane. Reform certain methods in apprehending people? Absolutely. Increase transparency? You bet! But doing away with cops or handicapping them is just stupid.