╌>

A Kenosha man says the Trump-supporting 'owner' of a destroyed business in a photo op was actually his predecessor who sold the shop 8 years ago

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  tessylo  •  4 years ago  •  24 comments

By:   Sarah Al-Arshani, Business Insider

A Kenosha man says the Trump-supporting 'owner' of a destroyed business in a photo op was actually his predecessor who sold the shop 8 years ago

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

U.S.

salarshani@businessinsider.com (Sarah Al-Arshani)

September 2, 2020, 1:26 AM EDT

be8ba19fcedb2eaf949510bb2f993ab3

President Donald Trump with John Rode III on Tuesday in Kenosha, Wisconsin.

AP Photo/Evan Vucci

• Tom Gram, the owner of Rode's Camera Shop, is accusing President Donald Trump of using his destroyed Kenosha, Wisconsin, business for political gain,   TMJ4   reported Tuesday night.

• Gram said he declined to do a photo op with Trump and was then surprised to see the president speaking with the former owner of the business.

• Trump called John Rode III, who now owns only the property the business is on, the "owner" of the shop.

• Rode praised Trump's response to the protests that followed the police shooting of Jacob Blake.

• Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories .

When President Donald Trump visited Kenosha, Wisconsin, on Tuesday to tour sites affected by civil unrest following the police shooting of Jacob Blake, he surveyed Rode's Camera Shop.

Standing next to him was a man the White House, and president, identified as the owner of the destroyed store, John Rode III.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Tessylo    4 years ago

Every word out of trumpturds' mouth is a lie yet his supporters still believe everything he says.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2  seeder  Tessylo    4 years ago
  • Tom Gram, the owner of Rode's Camera Shop, is accusing President Donald Trump of using his destroyed Kenosha, Wisconsin, business for political gain,      TMJ4       reported Tuesday night.

• Gram said he declined to do a photo op with Trump and was then surprised to see the president speaking with the former owner of the business.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Tessylo @2    4 years ago

Trump using someone or something for a photo op...nahhhhhhhhhhhhhh s/

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
3  Just Jim NC TttH    4 years ago

So according to the article...........

" But another man, Tom Gram , told the local outlet  TMJ4  that he's actually owned the 109-year-old store for eight years — and had declined to join Trump's photo op.

So is this one of the people that the BLM "leader" in Chicago who has insurance so he lost nothing and doesn't care cause he can rebuild? So what is the problem with the former owner who himself had spent blood, sweat, and tears and money in the same location who said

"I just appreciate President Trump coming today — everybody here does," Rode said. "We're so thankful we got the federal troops here. Once they got here things did calm down quite a bit."

Wouldn't you be a little melancholy if your old childhood home had been destroyed for no fucking reason?

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
4  Ronin2    4 years ago

From your own seeded article. Trump called the owner of the property- who probably owned the building as well. The owner of the business rented the property, including the building, from Rode's. So Rode's suffered a loss.

Of course all this pales to the left's denial of their "not so peaceful" protesters causing damage everywhere they go.

[deleted]

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
4.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Ronin2 @4    4 years ago

jrSmiley_28_smiley_image.gif       jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

Thank you................

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.2  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Ronin2 @4    4 years ago

It's the outside agitators, rightwing terrorists, white supremacists who are doing the majority of damage 'everywhere they go'

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
4.2.1  Ronin2  replied to  Tessylo @4.2    4 years ago

Like the rest of the Democrats you are vainly searching for those imaginary figures; but can never seem to find them.

Next you will be telling us Antifa is really a right wing terrorist organization.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.2.2  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Ronin2 @4.2.1    4 years ago

They're not imaginary.  

I posted something earlier - I'm not sure now where I posted it - there have been over 400 documented cases of outside agitators, right wing terrorists, white supremacists inciting and escalating.

You can add QANon to these scumbags also.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.3  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Ronin2 @4    4 years ago

Trump Denial Syndrome/AKA The Whiny Little Bitch Syndrome knows no limits.  

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
4.4  Ronin2  replied to  Ronin2 @4    4 years ago

As backup

The White House called John Rode III, who still owns the property and building of the business, the "owner" of the shop.

Was Rode's building destroyed? Yes it was. He suffered a loss at the hands of the left's Brown Shirts. [deleted]

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
5  Paula Bartholomew    4 years ago

Trump is going to throw money at them but refuses to address the root cause of the problems.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
5.1  Ronin2  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @5    4 years ago

The root cause of the problem is the Democrats allowing their Brown Shirts to have a free run of cities. 

Trump has nothing to do with their incompetence.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
5.1.1  bbl-1  replied to  Ronin2 @5.1    4 years ago

You are correct in an abstract sort of way.  Trump does have nothing to do with anything.  K. McDougal claimed 'he' couldn't finish.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
5.1.2  Ronin2  replied to  bbl-1 @5.1.1    4 years ago

Trump offered federal assistance to those Democrat cities that are burning- the governors and mayors turned him down.

All of the destruction and loss is directly on them.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
5.1.3  bbl-1  replied to  Ronin2 @5.1.2    4 years ago

Abstract.

Kavika
Professor Principal
5.1.4  Kavika   replied to  Ronin2 @5.1    4 years ago

How do you account for the republican led cities that have experienced rioting and looting? 

Here are just a few of them:

San Diego

Miami

Jacksonville

Oklahoma City

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.5  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  bbl-1 @5.1.1    4 years ago
"K. McDougal claimed 'he' couldn't finish."

I guess she didn't remind him enough of Ivanka.  

Koti
Freshman Silent
6  Koti    4 years ago

I am not sure why the left are so dumb. Tom Gram, who owns the business is probably a democrat who wants to play politics with his camera store. It is a great disrespect to refuse President's call and to not show up beside him for tv. It is more so when he cries that President showed up with the building owner instead. The camera business had a merchandise value of $20,000.00 to $30,000.00 max inside it before was looted, I suspect. If Tom had paid insurance he is covered, if not, he is out of luck. On the other hand the owner of the building is John Rode III. The building is destroyed as well beside the business. The building is important too, probably more so because Tom can go and rent somewhere else why John has to wait for the building to be rebuilt. John will be paying higher insurance in the future too. Now doesn't Rhode has the right to come on television with the president and stand beside him?

What is wrong with these people?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Koti @6    4 years ago

"It is a great disrespect to refuse President's call and to not show up beside him for tv."

No

He uses people as props for photo ops.  He cares about no one but himself.  

What is wrong with you people who believe every lie out of trumpturds' mouth?

Otherwise, what a rambling bunch of nonsense.  

Koti
Freshman Silent
6.1.1  Koti  replied to  Tessylo @6.1    4 years ago

I believe you are rumbling nonsense. What did I say? The building owner has the right to show up with president whether you like it or not. I, as a lot of other people did not like Obama or Clinton. You did not see any republican making fun of Obama or Clinton like you are doing with Trump with your crazy fake CNN. Liberals are all lunatics that want to overturn an election with riots. President was lawfully elected as so was Obama or others previous to him. Fortunately Trump will be reelected again and you will still cry.

Account Deleted
Freshman Silent
6.1.2  Account Deleted  replied to  Tessylo @6.1    4 years ago
It is a great disrespect to refuse President's call and to not show up beside him for tv.

Is that all I have to do to disrespect Trump?

OK - Henceforth I will refuse all calls from the President. And turn down all photo ops.

Take that Donald!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7  seeder  Tessylo    4 years ago

"You did not see any republican making fun of Obama or Clinton like you are doing with Trump with your crazy fake CNN."  

jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

Just like I said, rambling nonsense.  

Account Deleted
Freshman Silent
7.1  Account Deleted  replied to  Tessylo @7    4 years ago

You dropped these. They are hard to carry when you are laughing so hard.

jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_18_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif